The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Refresh"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Help Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-22-03, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Refresh"
I find that I have to refresh the page a lot lately, particularly in OT, to get anything other than a blank screen. Sometimes it takes several tries. Anyone know what's going on and what if anything I can do about this?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Refresh Schnookie Palookie 06-24-03 1
   RE: Refresh dabo 06-24-03 2
 RE: Refresh dabo 07-02-03 3
   RE: Refresh GeorgiaBelle 07-02-03 4
   RE: Refresh magic_star 07-02-03 5
       RE: Refresh SurvivorBlows 07-02-03 6
           RE: Refresh magic_star 07-02-03 7
           RE: Refresh GeorgiaBelle 07-02-03 8
           RE: Refresh Bucky Katt 07-02-03 9
           RE: Refresh dabo 07-02-03 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

06-24-03, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Refresh"
Hi Dabo,
Seems like a bunch of us had the same problem as you last week.
It was only for one day and we never did figure out why. Hope you're not having the problem anymore

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

06-24-03, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Refresh"
TY, SP. It does seem to have cleared up for now. Last week I had some computer weirdness going on and I think some of my Explorer settings were changed, thought that might have had something to do with the problems I was having in some forums.

SMILES ARE FREE

07-02-03, 09:53 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Refresh"
I posted on two forums last night, OT and Nonreality Shows, and ever since it has been impossible for me getting into those forums, call it the download that never finishes and there you are looking at a blank screen for-friggin-ever problem! Totally sucks. I would change a setting if I knew what to change, tho I'm starting to think this is site related somehow, but if there is a setting I should change it would be nice if someone could clue me in. Since I'm posting on Help there is a likelihood this problem will start happening now on this forum, so email me please. This is really frustrating that I keep getting stalled into white screens.

GeorgiaBelle 2136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

07-02-03, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GeorgiaBelle Click to send private message to GeorgiaBelle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Refresh"
E-mail on the way.

I have had something like this happen too. It only seems to be happening at Blows, other sites work well for me. Anyway, I sent you a note about what I did to help with the issue. Hope it helps you

-Belle

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-02-03, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Refresh"
Well I've experienced a few problems in the last few days. One day it seemed like about every 5-10 minutes it would stop letting me into the forums and gave me an error screen. Then after about 5 minutes of waiting I could get back in. This continued all day.

Yesterday I had the same problem as you. I went to make a post and when I hit "Post Message" the screen kept loading forever until I gave up.

But everything is working fine for me today!

T-Mac hits the three! Magic Win! Magic Win!

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

07-02-03, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Refresh"
As I type this, I'm not seeing any problems, if folks are seeing any problems that contain actual error messages, a detailed description of the error messages would go a long way toward attempting to resolve the issue.

Regardless of whether you're getting an actual error message or not, it is also always helpful if when reporting a problem, you provide some information on the operating system that you're running and the version of the web browser that you are using.

Thanks,
SB

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-02-03, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Refresh"
If I get the error messages again, I'll let you know what they were.

I really have no idea about operating system and all of that other stuff.

All I know is that I'm using Windows and some version of Internet Explorer.

T-Mac hits the three! Magic Win! Magic Win!

GeorgiaBelle 2136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

07-02-03, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GeorgiaBelle Click to send private message to GeorgiaBelle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Refresh"
The page would continue to appear to be loading over and over, then I would get the typical error message that told me to refresh or try again later.

I have a Pentium 4 processor with windows XP. Connect via LAN with modem for cable DSL.

The problem was stronger for me a few nights ago. Then after an hour it vanished. Please contact me if you need more information about times and my system.

-Belle

Good friends are like stars....You don't always see them, but you know they are always there.

Bucky Katt 3146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-02-03, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bucky%20Katt Click to send private message to Bucky%20Katt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Refresh"
I'm getting the same problem that Belle is with OT and the Non-reality forums. It seems to be happening on and off. I have Windows XP Pro with IE 6.0 and am on a LAN with ADSL.

"How fascinating for you. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm due to make a deposit at the local savings and litter box."

07-02-03, 10:00 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Refresh"
Things are working alright now, though I had a bit of a stall getting to page 2 of OT. The problem was that the download would stall at some point, no more download/upload would go on between my machine and wherever, the screen would remain blank.

Windows ME, Pentium 4, dialup (I know I know, I should probably upgrade).

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •