URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID33
Thread Number: 104
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Refresh"

Posted by dabo on 06-22-03 at 09:24 PM
I find that I have to refresh the page a lot lately, particularly in OT, to get anything other than a blank screen. Sometimes it takes several tries. Anyone know what's going on and what if anything I can do about this?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Refresh"
Posted by Schnookie Palookie on 06-24-03 at 04:38 PM
Hi Dabo,
Seems like a bunch of us had the same problem as you last week.
It was only for one day and we never did figure out why. Hope you're not having the problem anymore

Posted by dabo on 06-24-03 at 06:08 PM
TY, SP. It does seem to have cleared up for now. Last week I had some computer weirdness going on and I think some of my Explorer settings were changed, thought that might have had something to do with the problems I was having in some forums.

SMILES ARE FREE

Posted by dabo on 07-02-03 at 09:53 AM
I posted on two forums last night, OT and Nonreality Shows, and ever since it has been impossible for me getting into those forums, call it the download that never finishes and there you are looking at a blank screen for-friggin-ever problem! Totally sucks. I would change a setting if I knew what to change, tho I'm starting to think this is site related somehow, but if there is a setting I should change it would be nice if someone could clue me in. Since I'm posting on Help there is a likelihood this problem will start happening now on this forum, so email me please. This is really frustrating that I keep getting stalled into white screens.

Posted by GeorgiaBelle on 07-02-03 at 10:55 AM
E-mail on the way.

I have had something like this happen too. It only seems to be happening at Blows, other sites work well for me. Anyway, I sent you a note about what I did to help with the issue. Hope it helps you

-Belle

Posted by magic_star on 07-02-03 at 01:01 PM
Well I've experienced a few problems in the last few days. One day it seemed like about every 5-10 minutes it would stop letting me into the forums and gave me an error screen. Then after about 5 minutes of waiting I could get back in. This continued all day.

Yesterday I had the same problem as you. I went to make a post and when I hit "Post Message" the screen kept loading forever until I gave up.

But everything is working fine for me today!

T-Mac hits the three! Magic Win! Magic Win!

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 07-02-03 at 02:17 PM
As I type this, I'm not seeing any problems, if folks are seeing any problems that contain actual error messages, a detailed description of the error messages would go a long way toward attempting to resolve the issue.

Regardless of whether you're getting an actual error message or not, it is also always helpful if when reporting a problem, you provide some information on the operating system that you're running and the version of the web browser that you are using.

Thanks,
SB

Posted by magic_star on 07-02-03 at 04:26 PM
If I get the error messages again, I'll let you know what they were.

I really have no idea about operating system and all of that other stuff.

All I know is that I'm using Windows and some version of Internet Explorer.

T-Mac hits the three! Magic Win! Magic Win!

Posted by GeorgiaBelle on 07-02-03 at 04:53 PM
The page would continue to appear to be loading over and over, then I would get the typical error message that told me to refresh or try again later.

I have a Pentium 4 processor with windows XP. Connect via LAN with modem for cable DSL.

The problem was stronger for me a few nights ago. Then after an hour it vanished. Please contact me if you need more information about times and my system.

-Belle

Good friends are like stars....You don't always see them, but you know they are always there.

Posted by Bucky Katt on 07-02-03 at 05:13 PM
I'm getting the same problem that Belle is with OT and the Non-reality forums. It seems to be happening on and off. I have Windows XP Pro with IE 6.0 and am on a LAN with ADSL.

"How fascinating for you. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm due to make a deposit at the local savings and litter box."

Posted by dabo on 07-02-03 at 10:00 PM
Things are working alright now, though I had a bit of a stall getting to page 2 of OT. The problem was that the download would stall at some point, no more download/upload would go on between my machine and wherever, the screen would remain blank.

Windows ME, Pentium 4, dialup (I know I know, I should probably upgrade).