The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SSC4 (FF) The Dark"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

Asrai 6062 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-19-04, 04:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Asrai Click to send private message to Asrai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SSC4 (FF) The Dark"
The dark crept over me. Instead of surprising me as it had so many times before, I actually welcomed it. It felt strangely comfortable, enveloping me entirely. It took me from where I merely hurt, to a place where I completely ached. I was constricted with memories. Fear. Panic. Emptiness. Rage. It curled its lips up at the corners, basking in its own wickedness.

I stepped out of the shadows and slinked towards the back door as I had planned so fervently in my mind so many times before. I knew what was to come next, but my pulsing heartbeat was drowning out my thoughts. The knob was cool to my heated touch as I slowly turned it clockwise. I was shocked by the lingering scent of the meal that was most likely eaten around the table that blocked my path into the living room. Did he enjoy it with his family? Was there laughter and bonding in this very house? Stop. Do NOT make him real, he is a monster.

As I passed the hall table at the bottom of the stairs, I noticed a stack of papers to be graded. I wondered which one would be getting the easy A this year. Laying my now drenched hand on those papers, tears started to form in my steely eyes. Poor things, this HAS to stop now. My rage willed me up the rickety stairs and past the family pictures along the wall. Don’t look, they‘ll make you forget. Yet, I couldn’t help but feel something tug at my nearly absent heart. Tiny smiling faces beamed out at me as I gritted my teeth and clenched my fists. The faces got older and easier to ignore the closer to the top of the stairs I got.

I could hear the heavy breathing coming from his room. Panic froze me there on the landing, causing my world to reel. The wall was my guide as I slid down and squatted for a spell. You’re so close, just a little further. Now, the tears flowed freely and impaired my vision. Reaching around to retrieve the bandana in my back pocket, I observed a stack of old yearbooks. Shuffling through, I found 1984, my 7th grade class. I found the page rather quickly.....his sly grin made me to retch. Tucked in the crease was an old newspaper clipping. Student accuses Teacher; Teacher gets off on a technicality. The hall turned red as a fire brewed within me.

Renewed in my quest, I arose from the floor and ventured to his doorway. I felt for the bulge in my right jacket pocket. Shocked by the cold steel, I gripped it tightly with my torrid hand. Inching closer to the door , I was caught off guard by a faint smell.......Old Spice. It enveloped me as he had so many years ago. Choking on memories did not stop me from pushing the door open. Images flashed across my mind faster and faster, until I came to the side of his bed and his sleeping body. His breathing was slow and easy, much unlike my own. Did he always sleep this peacefully, or was he awakened by night terrors as I so often was? Just do it, now.....there’s no turning back. I retrieved the gun from my pocket and aimed it at his head. Quivering with fear, panic, emptiness and rage.....I slowly started to draw the trigger towards my aching body.

Dear Lord, please give me the strength I have so long ago lost. Salty tears stung my cheeks and clouded my aim. I pulled my shaking hands back to wipe them away. A soft clinking noise startled me. Reaching down to quiet the clamor, I realized my locket was swinging half opened. I knew better than to open it further, yet I couldn’t stop myself. My daughter’s sweet smile beamed back at me. My hand clutched the locket close to my chest in an attempt to shut out what I had just seen. What are you doing, this is not worth losing her over. Pushing the gun in my pocket, I snuck out of the room, down the stairs and out the back door where the dark crept over me.

"One has just to be oneself. That's my basic message. The moment you accept yourself as you are, all burdens, all mountainous burdens, simply disappear. Then life is a sheer joy, a festival of lights." ~Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SSC4 (FF) The Dark woeisme1 07-19-04 1
 RE: SSC4 (FF) The Dark Angelfood 07-19-04 2
 RE: SSC4 (FF) The Dark Schnookie Palookie 07-19-04 3
 RE: SSC4 (FF) The Dark KObrien_fan 07-20-04 4
 RE: SSC4 (FF) The Dark zombiebaby 07-20-04 5
 RE: SSC4 (FF) The Dark seahorse 08-03-04 6
 RE: SSC4 (FF) The Dark motormouth 08-03-04 7
 RE: SSC4 (FF) The Dark Silvergirl1 08-03-04 8
 RE: SSC4 (FF) The Dark northernlights 08-05-04 9
 RE: SSC4 (FF) The Dark emydi 08-05-04 10
 RE: SSC4 (FF) The Dark seahorse 09-27-04 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

woeisme1 3588 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-19-04, 05:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail woeisme1 Click to send private message to woeisme1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SSC4 (FF) The Dark"
The story has captured the heart of the title (of the story).

I was right there with you, heart pumping and tears flowing.

Nice work Asrai.

Fish and Game Officer of G.A.W.K.U.R's of OT

Handcrafted by RollDdice, who rocks my world as much as IceCat.

things we use to say so often here = Woeisms---tinybubs

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

07-19-04, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SSC4 (FF) The Dark"
So, so true.

I loved it. It was powerful with the thoughts and actions interspersed.

RollDdice creation

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-04, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SSC4 (FF) The Dark"
Wow Asrai. I was all caught up in your story. Excellent writing!!!

KObrien_fan 8204 desperate attention whore postings

07-20-04, 07:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SSC4 (FF) The Dark"
This is excellent, well written and makes my heart pound as I read it. I was hoping like heck that she would go through with it, but her reason for stopping was the best reason in the world not to. Nicely done!

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

zombiebaby 7021 desperate attention whore postings

07-20-04, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SSC4 (FF) The Dark"
Great work Asrai! I loved the ending. I am glad our heroine really won in the end!

One more of J Slice's Awesome Creations!

The fellowship of the banana has begun...

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-04, 08:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SSC4 (FF) The Dark"
I loved it. It was very well done.

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

motormouth 4421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-03-04, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SSC4 (FF) The Dark"
Asrai, what a gripping story. You have a great talent.

*Courtesy of IceCat*

Silvergirl1 8694 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-04, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SSC4 (FF) The Dark"

A great read, Asrai! I loved the way you expressed your character's thoughts as she made her decisions.

Silvergirl
Last Comic Standing 2 summary writer

northernlights 5046 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-04, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail northernlights Click to send private message to northernlights Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: SSC4 (FF) The Dark"
Oh Baby! That was the cheffest!

Seriously, it was very good Asrai. Had me on the edge all the way through. Keep up the excellent work sunshine.

*hugs*

emydi 13134 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-04, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: SSC4 (FF) The Dark"
I agree with all the other posters, Asrai, this is excellent writing. From what I read in another post today, you are very brave to tackle this and you did it in a very cathartic way, I hope.

Courtesy of the Amazing Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Be yourself, Asrai, you are truly wonderful.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-04, 08:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: SSC4 (FF) The Dark"
Congrats on your win, Asrai. I loved it before and still do.

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •