The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SSC4(FF) Victim Impact"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

calamityc 1041 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-11-04, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail calamityc Click to send private message to calamityc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SSC4(FF) Victim Impact"
Malarkay’s hand trembled as she drew the letter from the mailbox. She knew what it would say before she opened the letter…he was going to be up for parole again.

“They always warn us”, she thought to herself, “do I want to humiliate myself again in front of all those people?”

“I don’t know if I can do it again, he will have served the full sentence in two years anyway!” she muttered angrily. Then there will be nowhere to run far enough from this old life.

She crunched through the leaves getting to her front door, the front door all her neighbors had made fun of for its wild orange color. Malarkay liked to put all the exuberance that should be in her life into her decorating. Her own appearance was always inconspicuous, but her house fairly shouted with vibrancy. Malarkay had once been flamboyant herself…before Dan. Everything in life was before Dan or after Dan. She only looked at those Dan years for the benefit of the parole board.

She reached for the phone and the lifeline it represented in her friend Kriket. She had known Kriket since they were six.

“Hey it’s me,” she finally said to Kriket’s repeated hello’s.

“Hey Gal, what in the world is up with you?” came Kriket’s giggly voice from the other end.

“Kriket, another parole hearing on the 20th” was all Malarkay had to say.

Kriket was full of commiseration and pleas to come over, but all Malarkay had really wanted was a friendly voice. They told themselves the same reassuring lies they always told.

“He can’t hurt you anymore.”

“He would be stupid to come back here.”

“If anything happens to you, everyone will know it was him.”

It was a ritual of kindness, but like most rituals, it held more comfort than truth. Both of them knew that Dan’s first stop from prison would be Malarkay’s tidy little house on Front Street. Dan couldn’t abide tidiness, not in emotions and not in houses. He was only happy with upheaval.

Yes, the nastiness had preceded the pain. Tonight she had to remember again, because she had to write out yet another victim impact statement. She walked over to her computer and proceeded to compile words once again to describe devastation. Words are inadequate, even the best of them don’t sear and burn, they just might slightly sizzle on the page.

VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT

I was eighteen years old when I married Dan Williams, still so much a child. I pictured rosy sunsets and wicker furniture, lazy cats and bouncing babies. But I got none of those things. Dan hit me for the first time on our honeymoon. Just a backhand slap, claimed I had on too much makeup for a married woman. I cried so much there was no dinner out that night, just a lot of apologies and promises and the beginning of the pattern of our married life.

Dan found a way to inflict some kind of pain on me each day. It might be a pinch, it might be a shove, or it might be cruel belittling remarks that ran around my head even after he left for work. I wish I could say I didn’t leave because I was afraid of him, but that is not it. I didn’t leave because I thought it was my fault. I was too organized, too flashy, too talkative, not a good cook, too much or not enough of everything that makes a perfect wife.

I knew that I should leave when he broke my arm over the quiche that fell flat when I tried to wait supper for him for an hour. But that broken arm broke the rest of my spirit. Attached to this document you will find the twenty eight pages of medical records that tell the story of my marriage. Broken ribs, dislocated shoulder, concussion, and of course you see the results of the last instance.

When he put me in the hospital the last time, there was no question of probation. He has been here for eight years now, and six of those are solely because I have shown myself at every hearing. This face you see is the best evidence I have of the danger I will be in if you let him out. Gentlemen, this face is the result of having pan of boiling spaghetti thrown on you. The pinched lips, the scars that makeup will not hide, the eye drawn down at the corner. All the makeup Dan would not let me wear will not fix that Gentlemen. And so I beseech you to keep him here, he deserves his full sentence under the law and more.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SSC4(FF) Victim Impact woeisme1 07-11-04 1
   RE: SSC4(FF) Victim Impact calamityc 07-12-04 2
 RE: SSC4(FF) Victim Impact motormouth 07-12-04 3
 RE: SSC4(FF) Victim Impact zombiebaby 07-15-04 4
 RE: SSC4(FF) Victim Impact KObrien_fan 07-20-04 5
 RE: SSC4(FF) Victim Impact seahorse 08-02-04 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

woeisme1 3588 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-11-04, 06:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail woeisme1 Click to send private message to woeisme1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SSC4(FF) Victim Impact"
Wow. I can so relate. Very powerful calamity, nicely done.

Fish and Game Officer of G.A.W.K.U.R's of OT

Handcrafted by RollDdice, who rocks my world as much as IceCat.

Go here>http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID31/475.shtml, go now, I need you

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

calamityc 1041 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-12-04, 00:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail calamityc Click to send private message to calamityc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SSC4(FF) Victim Impact"
Thanks ever so much Woe! Usually I do poetry, but I am trying to expand my dabbling. Great to have a place to do that.

motormouth 4421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-12-04, 03:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SSC4(FF) Victim Impact"
I am not even sure what to say... it was a very compelling read.
Very insightful and detailed. Great job calamityc.

*Courtesy of Ice Cat*

zombiebaby 7021 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-15-04, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SSC4(FF) Victim Impact"
Thank you for sharing with us! I felt the anguish of Malarkay.

Great job!

One more of J Slice's Awesome Creations!

The fellowship of the banana has begun...

KObrien_fan 8204 desperate attention whore postings

07-20-04, 07:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SSC4(FF) Victim Impact"
Very well done, powerful and brings the reader in. Thanks for sharing this.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-04, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SSC4(FF) Victim Impact"
Great job, I hope this is purely fiction.

I have a friend whose husband pushed her through a plate glass window and left her to die. She lost lots of blood. She was saved by a neighbor who called an ambulance. She spent several weeks in the hospital and has terrible scars on her arms.

He ran away and she never has seen him again that was many years ago. She heard he is back in town but she has never seen him face to face yet.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •