The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"WSC3 ( FF) Shopping List"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-08-04, 11:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"WSC3 ( FF) Shopping List"
LAST EDITED ON 01-08-04 AT 11:48 PM (EST)

This piece is very important to me. I'd like to dedicate it to Wheezy, who told me that I could write anything, even my Shopping List

Shopping List

Saturday is Grocery day.
Usually every other week. It started that way years ago by necessity, and continues as habit.

Paper Towels
Biscuits
Dish Soap
Coffee

When we had the Baby, we were broke, sometimes painfully. We had a rule back then. Assoon as the paycheck came in we did two things first. Paid rent and bought food. No matter what happened we had a roof to shelter us and two weeks worth of meals. When we didn't have a car that ran, when we didn't have a phone, we had the top two covered. Paycheck to paycheck.

Chicken - 1 whole, 3 boneless
Burger - 4 packs
Pork Chops - 2
Stew meat
Smoked sauage *coupon
Pot Roast

Lists and coupons and in store sales. A chore to some, but when the fridge is stocked with fresh stuff and the pantry is full, I am happy. When I was growing up I can remember months when we just had the basics. Bare basics. We ate a lot of toast and scrambled eggs. Once we had frozen waffles for Thanksgiving.

Eggs
Milk
Butter
Bread
Cheese
Tuna
Cereal
Soup

It isn't the eating of food that gives me pleasure, it is the satisfaction of knowing it's there, that we have enough. Money never bought me happiness, but I sleep better with a full pantry. A crisper drawer full of produce, makes me smile. My child still thinks strawberries are a treat.

Apples
Oranges
Plums
Peaches
Strawberries ( on special, 2 for 1)
Carrots
Tomatoes
Cherry tomatoes
Celery
Red onion
White onion
Mushrooms
Potatoes

I love to make soup. My own creations. I've made soup out of Prime Rib leftover from Christmas dinner and I've made soup from canned Chicken. If I have broth in the cubboard and leftovers in the fridge I can make soup. I'll simmer a pot anytime , but as soon as the weather turns cold, my Family is eating out of a stock pot of warmth 3 times a week. There is just something about the preparation of soup,The chopping of the veggies, the layering of flavors, the pat of butter added for richness. The making warms me as much as the meal. It doesn't snow often in North Texas, but if flurries are in the forecast, a pot is simmering on my stove.
Making soup is like serving Love.

Chicken Broth
Beef Broth
Diced tomatoes *coupon 50 off 5 cans Del Monte
Green Beans - frozen
Northern Beans
Campbells Cream of Mushroom - 2 cans

I always shop the same way. I work the store from right to left, start at Produce and end at Soda. I'm picky about my cart. I always take a list. I mark the items I have a coupon for.

Orange Juice
Ice Cream
Frozen Pizza
Pancake Mix * coupon
Toilet paper
Tide

I've been shopping at the same Store for 10 years. They know my face, and the Manager greets me by name. If Lois is Checking, I choose her line,even if it's not the shortest one.

Tomorrow is shopping day, and when it's done, and everything is packed away, and something comforting is simmering on the stove,I'll feel full.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: WSC3 ( FF) Shopping List Wheezy 01-09-04 1
 RE: WSC3 ( FF) Shopping List TechNoir 01-09-04 2
 RE: WSC3 ( FF) Shopping List blacknwhitedog 01-09-04 3
 RE: WSC3 ( FF) Shopping List Deonna 01-09-04 4
 RE: WSC3 ( FF) Shopping List KObrien_fan 01-09-04 5
 RE: WSC3 ( FF) Shopping List northernlights 01-09-04 6
 RE: WSC3 ( FF) Shopping List DoodleBug 01-09-04 7
 RE: WSC3 ( FF) Shopping List FarmBoy 01-09-04 8
 RE: WSC3 ( FF) Shopping List Schnookie Palookie 01-09-04 9
 Oops Drive My Car 01-09-04 10
 RE: WSC3 ( FF) Shopping List L82LIFE 01-10-04 11
 RE: WSC3 ( FF) Shopping List Swami 01-10-04 12
 RE: WSC3 ( FF) Shopping List SaphireLady 01-18-04 13
 I am so excited! Drive My Car 01-18-04 14
   RE: I am so excited! Puffy 01-18-04 15
 RE: WSC3 ( FF) Shopping List Sunny_Bunny 01-19-04 16
 RE: WSC3 ( FF) Shopping List Mon Cherie 01-20-04 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-04, 00:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: WSC3 ( FF) Shopping List"

Well there you go, honoring me. *sniffle*

I have to say this right now...you have a gift, dear bug. You know how to capture peoples' hearts.

You find beauty in the most ordinary things, and that is what makes you brilliant.

In this grocery list, you have taken the mundane task of getting groceries and given it life, love, and most of all, security. I bet most of the people reading this can relate to half a dozen elements of this simple, warm & lovely piece.

I've loved everything you've written, from your Survivor Summaries (which everyone should read, I don't care how busy you are, because they are fantastic) to your poignant tree prose-poem, to your 'slice of life' heart-wrenching stories, to your hilarious posts on OT. The Bug rocks. I wuv the bug.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-04, 00:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: WSC3 ( FF) Shopping List"
You know I adore this. The only problem I have is the category ... I don't think it is fiction. But if it is, well so much the better.

blacknwhitedog 6480 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-04, 07:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: WSC3 ( FF) Shopping List"
Your writing is so dear. I love this line.
Making soup is like serving Love.

begin whack

Deonna 2425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

01-09-04, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Deonna Click to send private message to Deonna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: WSC3 ( FF) Shopping List"
I love this piece.

Deonna

KObrien_fan 8204 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-04, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: WSC3 ( FF) Shopping List"
Very nicely done Buggy!

northernlights 5046 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-04, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail northernlights Click to send private message to northernlights Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: WSC3 ( FF) Shopping List"
Damn you're good! Bug honey, reading this made me feel as good as a bowl of homemade soup.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-04, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: WSC3 ( FF) Shopping List"
So comforting and warm. I really love this.

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-09-04, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: WSC3 ( FF) Shopping List"
Been lovin' this since the first time I ever saw it!!!!

Bovinated BR549- An Original Draco Masterpiece
I'd stick my left foot in, but I've got a kilt on.

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-04, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: WSC3 ( FF) Shopping List"
I remember reading this on the criminals board and loving it. It's amazing Buggy!! Like Wheezy said, you brought a shopping list to life. Wonderful piece of writing!

01-09-04, 06:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Oops"
Tech is right, I should have entered this as NonFiction. I'll ask it be entered that way.

Thanks all for your comments.
*smile*

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-04, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: WSC3 ( FF) Shopping List"
Awww Bugaboo, I love this piece. In this shopping list, there is love and warmth. I feel like you just made a pot of soup for us, and it is the best I've ever had.

Simply beautiful, hon.

Swami 5883 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-04, 06:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: WSC3 ( FF) Shopping List"
Hey Buggy, you simmered a little grocery list with just the right seasonings to produce a full-bodied read. Well done.

I love you Richard, but don't unpack.

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

01-18-04, 08:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: WSC3 ( FF) Shopping List"
**standing up, taking hat off head and placing in chair, then turns to bow before the best** Well done!

01-18-04, 10:03 PM (EST)
14. "I am so excited!"
I was just informed that Shopping List has been accepted by Long Story Short ( probably for their March issue)

I am so happy, it's my first one!

Puffy 6091 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-04, 11:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: I am so excited!"
Loved your story; here's a guy to help with bringing in the groceries.

Sunny_Bunny 5430 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-04, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: WSC3 ( FF) Shopping List"
LAST EDITED ON 01-19-04 AT 03:32 PM (EST)

I have read this twice now, and I keep finding more to love, more to absorb, more to really make me think.

Buggy, this is just beautiful. Thank you for sharing it.

Edited because I just saw that it will be published...Congratulations!!!!!!

Mon Cherie 1811 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

01-20-04, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mon%20Cherie Click to send private message to Mon%20Cherie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: WSC3 ( FF) Shopping List"
Bugaboo! Congrats! This is a really wonderful piece on so many different levels!

*Hugs*
Mon

An IceCat/Mon Cherie Production
"You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love."
-Henry Drummond

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •