The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What is "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-23-03, 04:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What is "
What is this particular forum please. I gather you all write and there is a competition but just curious about a more indepth type answer.

"Now I will believe that there are unicorns..." William Shakespeare; "The Tempest"

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 SSC and WSC AyaK 04-24-03 1
   RE: SSC and WSC SaphireLady 04-24-03 2
       RE: SSC and WSC SherpaDave 04-24-03 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyaK 8129 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-24-03, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "SSC and WSC"
During the Survivor off-seasons, the board stages the "Winter Story Competition" and the "Summer Story Competition." The original idea was dreamed up by Kismet after the second Survivor, and it's been going on ever since.

SherpaDave is the person "in charge" of the competitions. The "stars" of the first competition formed the Web site Criminals from the Neck Up; current members of the collective include SherpaDave, Superman, samiam, Lisapooh and Frau Hexe, I believe, and much of the art on display was created by ItzLisa. Many of the stories published there were originally entries in the competition.

The competitions are open to all entries. Rules of the competition are posted shortly after the end of each Survivor series. At the end of the time period, board members vote for the winning stories in each category ... although I still believe that just entering makes you a winner.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-24-03, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SSC and WSC"
Thank you, And Poetry works?

"Now I will believe that there are unicorns..." William Shakespeare; "The Tempest"

SherpaDave 8316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-24-03, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SSC and WSC"
Yup, there are several categories, including two for poetry: Free Verse and Rhyming Poetry. The next competition will be some time this summer, but people are encouraged to use this board in between competitions as well to share their work.

Criminals From the Neck Up

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •