The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The janisella thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences BlowsVivor Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-02-01, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The janisella thread"
Hmmm. There is absolutely nothing objectionable about this thread, but I have no other way to change the way it appears on the board -- DC Scripts doesn't permit moderators to edit titles, and the first part of the post (the preview on the board) only updates when the whole board is regenerated for some reason. Soooo....

Keeping in mind the fact that the Episode 9 bootee is not on the boards until perhaps tonight, and wanting to give him the maximum opportunity to be surprised by the unexpected events at the end of E9, and knowing that janisella couldn't change the appearance of this post on the board (as requested by OFG) even if she wanted to ...

I have chosen to delete the janisella thread and to repost it right here. Please feel free to continue to respond to it; I'm just trying to remove the direct reference to sleeeve from the Topics board:

janisella 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"
08-01-01, 10:32 PM (EST)

"Is Sleeeve allowed to spoil now?"

It's awfully lonely trying to spoil this thing. Is triple-e man allowed to share vid clips now that he's voted out? We really could use the help.

Table of Contents
....Author...........Message Date
1) AyatollahKhomeini. 08-01-01
2) Outfrontgirl...... 08-02-01
3) dabo.............. 08-02-01
4) Outfrontgirl...... 08-02-01
5) dabo.............. 08-02-01

AyatollahKhomeini 1693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"
08-01-01, 11:08 PM (EST)

1. "Jury"

janisella, sleeeve was still on the jury, so he got to see everything that happened during the rest of BV, including the winner... On the other hand, perhaps "not sleeeve" will turn into a better spoiler (maybe even with some vid clips?) now that he doesn't have to make fun of sleeeve any more.

I have it on fairly good authority that the next episode will also be posted on the "installment plan" ... so we need to get any spoiling going!

Outfrontgirl 631 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"
08-02-01, 00:02 AM (EST)

2. "RE: Is Sleeeve allowed to spoil now?"
Janisella--
I would love to see EEE get more involved,although he's hyper aware of his contract, and would have to work through Not Sleeeve. I suspect the reason you're not getting much help from him is that he's only reading the boards on Saturdays for a month or so he said in his post on OT.
Speaking of spoiling, I was kind of hoping that when Sleeeve got back on line in a couple days he would read the episode before finding out he got the votes, so he might be surprised at the end, but I guess that's too much to hope for. In fact anybody who hasn't read the episode will see your post's subject line and know in advance...oh well...

I guess it's hard to keep anything in suspense around here once it's posted in any form.

Of course, we do have Sherpa, flying squirrel, yourself, Aya, GG, Pepe--in no particular order and doubtless leaving out some major spoilers--myself and GT as we pass out of the loop of informed writers. I hope EEE gets back before the end. I think we still have 2-3 weeks that he's mostly gone doing his Summer Camp counseling and his 2 jobs that he mentiones.

As for vidcaps and leaks, it you check the records of the formerly not very credible Shakesvivor Blows and HawkEye I believe you will see they have found a way to get the scoop.
They have been dead on since Ep 8, maybe 7.

Now, could we just bury this post until Sunday so EEE doesn't see it first? Maybe we could start a weekly Spoiler thread instead, for combined speculation from official preview and the above-named leakers of info? Maybe it's even time for a GUT thread (AyaK?)

I would love to both of these happen, hint, hint, janisella.

dabo 514 desperate attention whore postings
08-02-01, 02:23 AM (EST)

3. "RE: Is Sleeeve allowed to spoil now?"

LAST EDITED ON 08-02-01 AT 02:23 AM (EST)

Feh! I've tried to make this point several times: I totally know the difference between posters and players; the posters are actual real dear people who are valued members of this community, the players are merely playing their parts. I'm not afraid of you, sleeeve, I'm not! Spoil away to your heart's content, buddy! I ... I ... I dare you to figure it out! EEEEEEEEEEE-HEEHEEEHEEHEEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!! Off with you, my pretties, I've sent a little bug ahead to wear them out! <Maniacal Laughter!>

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than Bond villains." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Outfrontgirl 631 desperate attention whore postings
08-02-01, 03:10 AM (EST)

4. "RE: Is Sleeeve allowed to spoil now?"

Well, dabo, you may not remember that the Clown issued death threats against the players and their families (or some such evil) back when Shakesvivor was born, so we were all pretty careful about what we leaked, I can tell you. I don't think the Clown was afraid of us, just trying to do whatever he had to do to protect his show...Therefore, the proliferation of Not this poster and not that poster came into play...

The rules do seem to have relaxed since then...

I am quite serious though about wishing we could keep the bootees name out of a heading on a post like this when an episode is just up so that the writers can have a chance to surprise people.

I only posted it this morning after all...

Am I just being too anal? I know Janisella wasn't thinking about that when she wrote this post, but it was the first thing I thought of.

Unlike with Survivor, which was fair game as soon as it aired, people don't rush over here and read right away; they may not even know it's up. I think maybe we should have the courtesy thing that we tried before where the boot may be discussed in the thread but doesn't hit you in the face when you scan the topics.

Just a thwarted mystery writer, that's all...

dabo 514 desperate attention whore postings
08-02-01, 10:12 AM (EST)

5. "RE: Is Sleeeve allowed to spoil now?"
Oh, color me "sorry, that didn't occur to me," OFG. Of course, any number of people may wait for the episode to appear on the BV website where they get to see the bootee and read the final words at the top of each episode. All these "doubles" everywhere, it's getting as bad as the DC Pre-Crisis Multiverse/Post-Crisis Kingdom Come around here.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

ON SECOND THOUGHT ---

Seriously, janisella, as OFG has pointed out here, the rules have been relaxed. The ONLY people who aren't able to spoil (if they want to) are the upcoming episode writers: (1) dabo, (2) not shakes, (3) dangerkitty, (4) GG, (5) me -- and yet, I'm trying to decypher dabo's clues about E10, because I have no idea what is about to happen.

sleeeve, if you want to pitch in, go ahead!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The janisella thread janisella 08-02-01 1
   RE: The janisella thread Outfrontgirl 08-02-01 2
       RE: The janisella thread MakeItStop 08-03-01 3
 Ummmm. . . Aya? George Tirebiter 08-04-01 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-02-01, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The janisella thread"
Thanks Ayak (as you probably guessed, I tried to go in and edit the title).

OFG - my apologies. I'm trying really hard to support the creativity of the people writing the episodes (and as I've already told you - great job). I myself found out the episode was finished by reading a congrats to Pepe and Squirrel for guessing the correct bootee. I had totally forgotten that Sleeeve was working at that camp and probably hadn't seen it.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-02-01, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The janisella thread"
Thanks, janisella, I knew that you couldn't change the heading or preview part of the message by editing, because I've learned
that the hard way with trying to update my own posts.

You are a wonderful poster and spoiler and I know you are 100% here to make things better and more fun.

I remember we made a decision on Spoilers that we would try to keep the actual spoiler part of the message from showing so that we had the option of not clicking if we didn't want to know, and I see AyaK is still honoring that in the BB2 forum--so I thought it might not hurt to do the same here.

An unfortunate side effect of posting in installments to one document is that one can't tell it's been completed by looking at the post...otherwise you might have held off on reading the completed vote thread--if you didn't want to know the bootee.

This is what I get for putting it out in dribs and drabs instead of posting an announced premiere at an announced time!

Thanks AyaK for fixing it...lol Sleeeve will probably click on the janisella thread first and that'll be my karma. I just feel so bad about booting such a nice, great guy's character, that I want him to know he had a good time before he knows he got sent packing!

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-03-01, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The janisella thread"
I just feel so bad about booting such a nice, great guy's character, that I want him to know he had a good time before he knows he got sent packing!

You're such a sweetie OFG -- making sure Sleeve got some before you sent him packing.

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-04-01, 00:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Ummmm. . . Aya?"
This seems as good a place to ask as any--who is starting the Ep. 10 vote thresd? and WHEN? Since you seem to wield more power than even Superman these days, OFG was guessing it might be your place. . .

Just asking, that's all--

GT
(who's missing The Viking lately!)

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •