The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Naked and Afraid"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-14-13, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Naked and Afraid"
I guess they had some extra blur professionals that needed a job.

21 days, nude, no food, no water, and no prize.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2013/05/28/discovery-bares-all-with-new-series-naked-and-afraid-398001/20130528discovery01/

and you thought NBC was cheap.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Naked and Afraid kidflash212 06-19-13 1
 RE: Naked and Afraid Puffy 06-24-13 2
   RE: Naked and Afraid jbug 06-24-13 3
       RE: Naked and Afraid Puffy 06-25-13 4
 RE: Naked and Afraid Molaholic 06-25-13 5
   RE: Naked and Afraid udg 06-27-13 6
       RE: Naked and Afraid frankz 06-27-13 7
 Episode 2 Molaholic 07-01-13 8
 RE: Naked and Afraid Puffy 07-08-13 9
 RE: Naked and Afraid Agman2 01-12-16 10
   RE: Naked and Afraid kidflash212 07-10-16 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kidflash212 4730 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-19-13, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Naked and Afraid"
There should be some prize at the end - even Total Blackout gives the contestants a measly $5000
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Puffy 6676 desperate attention whore postings

06-24-13, 01:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Naked and Afraid"
I'm watching it now. One of the producers was bitten by a snake before the show even started, I can't do the link now, but google it for some gruesome pictures. This is something that I would never try. It makes Survivor look easy.

jbug 17018 desperate attention whore postings

06-24-13, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Naked and Afraid"
I watched a few minutes;
and yes, that snake was ugly!
Was he able to kill the one he found in the rotten log?
Was it edible?

I loved the woman's "fig leaves".

06-25-13, 00:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Naked and Afraid"
They ate the snake they found in the log. She caught a turtle in the water with her hands. They cooked it and ate it, too. Then she got food poisoning and was sick for 3 days and he had to do all the work. At the end, he was very weak and she had to motivate him to finish. He lost 45 lbs and she lost about 27 lbs.

Molaholic 8991 desperate attention whore postings

06-25-13, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Naked and Afraid"
I was disappointed that they compacted the entire 21 days into a 60-minute broadcast. Pretty much all we got was "we're hungry" "we're thirsty" "we're miserable". Neither one of the contestants gave us much to really root for (he was a jerk, she was a brat). Next week we go to the Kalahari.

(Oh, and if you need it, they do have a "Naked and Afraid:Uncensored" version scheduled)

Hey, there’s balut in the Green Room buffet!

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-27-13, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Naked and Afraid"
I watched it last night, and I agree that 21 days squeezed into one hour doesn't work. There's not enough "how to" to be interesting like Survivorman (whom I love!) and not enough drama/conflict/plot to be interesting like Survivor (flawed though it sometimes is).

You know it might actually be more compelling if they showed us all the couples every episode. So, maybe episode 1 is how the couples meet through the end of night 1, episode two is the next 3-5 days, and so on, letting us compare & contrast how the different couples cope with finding water or building shelter or whatever in parallel. Maybe couple two doesn't find water until 48 hours in, and that becomes more striking when couples 1 and 3 get it before nightfall on the first day.

Thanks to tribephyl for the sigpic!

frankz 1214 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-27-13, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frankz Click to send private message to frankz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Naked and Afraid"
I like that idea.

Wheelie by RollDdice
I have neither been there nor done that

Molaholic 8991 desperate attention whore postings

07-01-13, 07:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Episode 2"
Not much of an improvement, although we did get to see SPOILER ALERT > the Production folks intervene in a medical emergency<. Time compression was even more evident (and distracting), leaving lots of questions.

Hopefully they'll get away from the stereotypical jerk man and whiny woman pairings.

Things could be worse. They could be forcing us to watch LOST

07-08-13, 01:33 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Naked and Afraid"
LAST EDITED ON 07-08-13 AT 01:40 AM (EST)

Naked Castaway featured one man on an island near Fiji for 60 days. In the episode, "Ed Bares All," he recaps his adventure after he comes home.

Agman2 2707 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-12-16, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Naked and Afraid"
Seeing some of those contestants naked makes me very afraid!

kidflash212 4730 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-10-16, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Naked and Afraid"
:0

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •