URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 2269
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Naked and Afraid"

Posted by Snidget on 06-14-13 at 12:45 PM
I guess they had some extra blur professionals that needed a job.

21 days, nude, no food, no water, and no prize.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2013/05/28/discovery-bares-all-with-new-series-naked-and-afraid-398001/20130528discovery01/

and you thought NBC was cheap.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Naked and Afraid"
Posted by kidflash212 on 06-19-13 at 10:54 AM
There should be some prize at the end - even Total Blackout gives the contestants a measly $5000

Posted by Puffy on 06-24-13 at 01:56 AM
I'm watching it now. One of the producers was bitten by a snake before the show even started, I can't do the link now, but google it for some gruesome pictures. This is something that I would never try. It makes Survivor look easy.

Posted by jbug on 06-24-13 at 03:01 PM
I watched a few minutes;
and yes, that snake was ugly!
Was he able to kill the one he found in the rotten log?
Was it edible?

I loved the woman's "fig leaves".

Posted by Puffy on 06-25-13 at 00:21 AM
They ate the snake they found in the log. She caught a turtle in the water with her hands. They cooked it and ate it, too. Then she got food poisoning and was sick for 3 days and he had to do all the work. At the end, he was very weak and she had to motivate him to finish. He lost 45 lbs and she lost about 27 lbs.

Posted by Molaholic on 06-25-13 at 08:04 PM
I was disappointed that they compacted the entire 21 days into a 60-minute broadcast. Pretty much all we got was "we're hungry" "we're thirsty" "we're miserable". Neither one of the contestants gave us much to really root for (he was a jerk, she was a brat). Next week we go to the Kalahari.

(Oh, and if you need it, they do have a "Naked and Afraid:Uncensored" version scheduled)

Hey, there’s balut in the Green Room buffet!

Posted by udg on 06-27-13 at 11:47 AM
I watched it last night, and I agree that 21 days squeezed into one hour doesn't work. There's not enough "how to" to be interesting like Survivorman (whom I love!) and not enough drama/conflict/plot to be interesting like Survivor (flawed though it sometimes is).

You know it might actually be more compelling if they showed us all the couples every episode. So, maybe episode 1 is how the couples meet through the end of night 1, episode two is the next 3-5 days, and so on, letting us compare & contrast how the different couples cope with finding water or building shelter or whatever in parallel. Maybe couple two doesn't find water until 48 hours in, and that becomes more striking when couples 1 and 3 get it before nightfall on the first day.

Thanks to tribephyl for the sigpic!

Posted by frankz on 06-27-13 at 02:15 PM
I like that idea.

Wheelie by RollDdice
I have neither been there nor done that

"Episode 2"
Posted by Molaholic on 07-01-13 at 07:49 AM
Not much of an improvement, although we did get to see SPOILER ALERT > the Production folks intervene in a medical emergency<. Time compression was even more evident (and distracting), leaving lots of questions.

Hopefully they'll get away from the stereotypical jerk man and whiny woman pairings.

Things could be worse. They could be forcing us to watch LOST

Posted by Puffy on 07-08-13 at 01:33 AM
LAST EDITED ON 07-08-13 AT 01:40 AM (EST)

Naked Castaway featured one man on an island near Fiji for 60 days. In the episode, "Ed Bares All," he recaps his adventure after he comes home.

Posted by Agman2 on 01-12-16 at 05:23 PM
Seeing some of those contestants naked makes me very afraid!

Posted by kidflash212 on 07-10-16 at 12:46 PM
:0