The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Does anyone here every watch 'Shear Genius"??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-19-10, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Does anyone here every watch 'Shear Genius"??"
Last season it was hosted, on Bravo, by Jacquline Smith. This season there is an equally beautiful, but younger woman that I do not know by name, who is hosting it, along with some famous stylist. Of course, they bring in celebrity hair stylists along the way to coach and critique the contestants.

I watched several of the epi's last year, and have started up again this year. It's pretty interesting, and the contestants are quite quirky for the most part. One of the stylist wears a huge ribbon in her hair that favors Mickey Mouse ears. Not sure I'd want my hair dresser skating around the salon with scissors in her hands, but whatever...

The styles are unique, some fugly, some very beautiful. The challenges are mostly interesting and, well, challenging.

Just wondering if anyone else wanted to join this forum and help me out with the posting?? Whatever..

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Does anyone here every watch 'S... arkiegrl 02-19-10 1
   RE: Does anyone here every watch 'S... JessicaRN 02-19-10 2
 RE: Does anyone here every watch 'S... jbug 02-20-10 3
   RE: Does anyone here every watch 'S... mindy23 02-22-10 4
 RE: Does anyone here every watch 'S... ginger 02-22-10 5
   RE: Does anyone here every watch 'S... kidflash212 02-26-10 6
 RE: Does anyone here every watch 'S... jbug 03-03-10 7
   RE: Does anyone here every watch 'S... kidflash212 03-06-10 8
       RE: Does anyone here every watch 'S... mindy23 03-11-10 9
 RE: Does anyone here every watch 'S... kidflash212 04-07-10 10
   Who won? arkiegrl 04-08-10 11
       RE: Who won? Snidget 04-08-10 12
           RE: Who won? JessicaRN 04-08-10 13
           RE: Who won? kidflash212 04-08-10 14
               RE: Who won? arkiegrl 04-09-10 15
 RE: Does anyone here every watch 'S... Agman2 03-25-16 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-19-10, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Does anyone here every watch 'Shear Genius"??"
I've been watching.

I can't remember the stylist's name that was on the skates right now, but I really dislike her personality. I also dislike her fashion choices and hair style. If she thinks her hair looks good with that color, I wouldn't want her touching my hair.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-19-10, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Does anyone here every watch 'Shear Genius"??"
I'm also watching, although I am a bit behind. I think the host is the girlfriend and baby mama to Mathew McConaughy's kids.

jbug 17009 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-10, 09:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Does anyone here every watch 'Shear Genius"??"
There is something about the looks that the host gives the stylists when they are being judged - especially when they are cut - like they're so beneath her....
Anyway, she has no personality at all.
I liked Jacq Smith much better.

for talking a lot? me? Jan 2010

02-22-10, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Does anyone here every watch 'Shear Genius"??"
I think the skater chick is Brit? Or Brig? Not sure...

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-10, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Does anyone here every watch 'Shear Genius"??"
I need to catch up via In Demand, but I will end up watching all of this. I have no idea why this show is so addictive, but it is. That being said, I cannot STAND the new hostess and am wanting Jacqueline Smith back.

I don't hate Jonathan Anton as much as many do. He really really really takes hair seriously. Which amuses me.

kidflash212 4526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-26-10, 06:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Does anyone here every watch 'Shear Genius"??"
Don't want regularly but catch up sooner or later with all the reruns. Have to agree that the new hostess was a bad choice. No personality and she speaks in this emotionless monotone. Does not connect with the audience at all.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

jbug 17009 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-10, 10:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Does anyone here every watch 'Shear Genius"??"
Watching again tonite.
Can't help but comment. The hostess is annoying me to no end.

I've finally concluded she is trying to sound like the 2 guys on "Launch My Line". It worked for them; not for her.

03-06-10, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Does anyone here every watch 'Shear Genius"??"
Caught the last 15 minutes of the latest episode. I just have to comment - I don't like Brig. She's trying sooooooooo hard to get noticed it gets on my nerves. It all comes off as an act designed to make herself into a pseudocelebrity. Pathetic.

03-11-10, 01:19 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Does anyone here every watch 'Shear Genius"??"
I agree about this hostess: She actually sounds like she has a speech impediment, and it grates on my nerves like nails on a chalkboard! I hope TPTB get that memo!! LOL. I guess super models don't have to talk, so she's ok in that realm...

I love what these guys do, but am not crazy when they are asked to do nearly impossible tasks with so little time (like in Top Chef, or any other 'cooking challenge). You can only do so much with so much time, and then the judges look at you like you are an idiot!! I'd love to see Vidal Sassoon or some of the others wash, cut, curl, dye, add extentions, style, etc, in short of 2 hours! It takes my sytlist almost 3 to put different colors in mine, and I have baby fine hair!

I hated the one with all the Indian women, and then last night, they had Oriental women-that one wasn't too bad. To be a good/great stylist, you really have to know how to create great styles, regardless of the hair, and it's all so different.

I applaud them all for their expertise, but Brig is really annoying. Too bad she's still in the top 5, and it doesn't look like she's going anywhere anytime soon...we'll see!

04-07-10, 07:09 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Does anyone here every watch 'Shear Genius"??"
Caught a couple of episodes the other day. Brig is in the final? After that fake hair mess she put out there?

At the end of the show in very fine print is a disclaimer - producers and sponsors consult with judges regarding their votes. Right. Clearly they wanted a "character" in the final. To me, Brig's whole persona is a big act, doesn't feel like she is honestly an eccentric. Just a sad creature desperate for attention.

04-08-10, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Who won?"
I didn't feel like staying up to watch it last night. Does anyone know who won?

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-10, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Who won?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-10 AT 01:49 PM (EST)

Brig.

For laminating hair extensions and sticking them on top of the models hair pulled back into a tight bun.

No one had seen anything like it before.

http://www.bravotv.com/shear-genius/photos/episode-10-do-or-dont is the pictures of the final hair.

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-08-10, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Who won?"
There was a blurb in the Denver Post this morning about Matthew. They asked him if his price will go up. He said that for his regular clients, his price will still start at $50, but he will charge more for new clients. I kind of thought about going to him, because he usually did my favorite hair on the show, but I'm not sure if I could tolerate his personality.

04-08-10, 05:44 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Who won?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-10 AT 07:02 PM (EST)

I caught the last fifteen minutes. The horrible hostess got out "Congrat-" as I switched the channel. The producers chose the winner before the supposed competition even started. Brig was awful and did nothing with her models hair. What a joke. I'll never bother watching this show again - this was the most obvious fix in reality tv history.

This was the equivalent of William Hung winning American Idol or Sex winning So You Think You Can Dance.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

04-09-10, 12:48 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Who won?"
Sex can dance. Just ask his mother.

Agman2 2461 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-25-16, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Does anyone here every watch 'Shear Genius"??"
I'm way too smart to watch that show!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •