URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 2114
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Does anyone here every watch 'Shear Genius"??"

Posted by mindy23 on 02-19-10 at 09:44 AM
Last season it was hosted, on Bravo, by Jacquline Smith. This season there is an equally beautiful, but younger woman that I do not know by name, who is hosting it, along with some famous stylist. Of course, they bring in celebrity hair stylists along the way to coach and critique the contestants.

I watched several of the epi's last year, and have started up again this year. It's pretty interesting, and the contestants are quite quirky for the most part. One of the stylist wears a huge ribbon in her hair that favors Mickey Mouse ears. Not sure I'd want my hair dresser skating around the salon with scissors in her hands, but whatever...

The styles are unique, some fugly, some very beautiful. The challenges are mostly interesting and, well, challenging.

Just wondering if anyone else wanted to join this forum and help me out with the posting?? Whatever..

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Does anyone here every watch 'Shear Genius"??"
Posted by arkiegrl on 02-19-10 at 01:34 PM
I've been watching.

I can't remember the stylist's name that was on the skates right now, but I really dislike her personality. I also dislike her fashion choices and hair style. If she thinks her hair looks good with that color, I wouldn't want her touching my hair.

Posted by JessicaRN on 02-19-10 at 02:30 PM
I'm also watching, although I am a bit behind. I think the host is the girlfriend and baby mama to Mathew McConaughy's kids.

Posted by jbug on 02-20-10 at 09:26 PM
There is something about the looks that the host gives the stylists when they are being judged - especially when they are cut - like they're so beneath her....
Anyway, she has no personality at all.
I liked Jacq Smith much better.

for talking a lot? me? Jan 2010

Posted by mindy23 on 02-22-10 at 01:26 PM
I think the skater chick is Brit? Or Brig? Not sure...

Posted by ginger on 02-22-10 at 05:04 PM
I need to catch up via In Demand, but I will end up watching all of this. I have no idea why this show is so addictive, but it is. That being said, I cannot STAND the new hostess and am wanting Jacqueline Smith back.

I don't hate Jonathan Anton as much as many do. He really really really takes hair seriously. Which amuses me.

Posted by kidflash212 on 02-26-10 at 06:10 AM
Don't want regularly but catch up sooner or later with all the reruns. Have to agree that the new hostess was a bad choice. No personality and she speaks in this emotionless monotone. Does not connect with the audience at all.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

Posted by jbug on 03-03-10 at 10:35 PM
Watching again tonite.
Can't help but comment. The hostess is annoying me to no end.

I've finally concluded she is trying to sound like the 2 guys on "Launch My Line". It worked for them; not for her.

Posted by kidflash212 on 03-06-10 at 02:59 PM
Caught the last 15 minutes of the latest episode. I just have to comment - I don't like Brig. She's trying sooooooooo hard to get noticed it gets on my nerves. It all comes off as an act designed to make herself into a pseudocelebrity. Pathetic.

Posted by mindy23 on 03-11-10 at 01:19 PM
I agree about this hostess: She actually sounds like she has a speech impediment, and it grates on my nerves like nails on a chalkboard! I hope TPTB get that memo!! LOL. I guess super models don't have to talk, so she's ok in that realm...

I love what these guys do, but am not crazy when they are asked to do nearly impossible tasks with so little time (like in Top Chef, or any other 'cooking challenge). You can only do so much with so much time, and then the judges look at you like you are an idiot!! I'd love to see Vidal Sassoon or some of the others wash, cut, curl, dye, add extentions, style, etc, in short of 2 hours! It takes my sytlist almost 3 to put different colors in mine, and I have baby fine hair!

I hated the one with all the Indian women, and then last night, they had Oriental women-that one wasn't too bad. To be a good/great stylist, you really have to know how to create great styles, regardless of the hair, and it's all so different.

I applaud them all for their expertise, but Brig is really annoying. Too bad she's still in the top 5, and it doesn't look like she's going anywhere anytime soon...we'll see!

Posted by kidflash212 on 04-07-10 at 07:09 PM
Caught a couple of episodes the other day. Brig is in the final? After that fake hair mess she put out there?

At the end of the show in very fine print is a disclaimer - producers and sponsors consult with judges regarding their votes. Right. Clearly they wanted a "character" in the final. To me, Brig's whole persona is a big act, doesn't feel like she is honestly an eccentric. Just a sad creature desperate for attention.

"Who won?"
Posted by arkiegrl on 04-08-10 at 01:42 PM
I didn't feel like staying up to watch it last night. Does anyone know who won?

"RE: Who won?"
Posted by Snidget on 04-08-10 at 01:48 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-10 AT 01:49 PM (EST)

Brig.

For laminating hair extensions and sticking them on top of the models hair pulled back into a tight bun.

No one had seen anything like it before.

http://www.bravotv.com/shear-genius/photos/episode-10-do-or-dont is the pictures of the final hair.

Posted by JessicaRN on 04-08-10 at 03:50 PM
There was a blurb in the Denver Post this morning about Matthew. They asked him if his price will go up. He said that for his regular clients, his price will still start at $50, but he will charge more for new clients. I kind of thought about going to him, because he usually did my favorite hair on the show, but I'm not sure if I could tolerate his personality.

Posted by kidflash212 on 04-08-10 at 05:44 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-10 AT 07:02 PM (EST)

I caught the last fifteen minutes. The horrible hostess got out "Congrat-" as I switched the channel. The producers chose the winner before the supposed competition even started. Brig was awful and did nothing with her models hair. What a joke. I'll never bother watching this show again - this was the most obvious fix in reality tv history.

This was the equivalent of William Hung winning American Idol or Sex winning So You Think You Can Dance.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

Posted by arkiegrl on 04-09-10 at 12:48 PM
Sex can dance. Just ask his mother.

Posted by Agman2 on 03-25-16 at 03:47 PM
I'm way too smart to watch that show!