The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Secret Millionaire: premiere discussion."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-03-08, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Secret Millionaire: premiere discussion."
I think most of us are going to have a hard time dealing with the mere concept of FOX not only having a reality show about helping people, but adding elements of bringing the rich back to the community and throwing it 'pay it forward' economics to boot. The big boss must have slept through the whole meeting.

Then again, given the current recession, our millionaires may just be going through an extended sneak preview of their own futures...

Goodbye, Sailor!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Secret Millionaire: premiere d... carriem 12-04-08 1
   RE: Secret Millionaire: premiere d... mindy23 12-04-08 2
 RE: Secret Millionaire: premiere d... skeetergirl87 12-05-08 3
   RE: Secret Millionaire: premiere d... dragonflies 12-11-08 5
       RE: Secret Millionaire: premiere d... kidflash212 07-10-16 10
 RE: Secret Millionaire: premiere d... true 12-11-08 4
   RE: Secret Millionaire: premiere d... dragonflies 12-11-08 6
       RE: Secret Millionaire: premiere d... true 12-11-08 7
           RE: Secret Millionaire: premiere d... mindy23 12-13-08 8
 RE: Secret Millionaire: premiere d... Earl Colby Pottinger 01-15-09 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

carriem 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-04-08, 07:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail carriem Click to send private message to carriem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Secret Millionaire: premiere discussion."
The first episode was actually really good.And you're right-it's not normal for Fox to air something with a premise that's so wholesome.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-04-08, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Secret Millionaire: premiere discussion."
Haven't watched the 2nd part yet, but WOW! I was SOOOO impressed by the first one, that I can't stop thinking or talking about it. I hope this becomes something that takes off like wildfire! It is the BEST idea since sliced bread, and even if these millionaires DO get some kind of charitable write-off, it's still all worth it, seeing someone in need get something more than just more grief!

It's also wonderful to see how touched some of these people, of the 'other half' can be, when faced with the REALITY of how the down and out really do live, and realize that not ALL lower class people are just bums who don't want to work, have no desire to get an education, and/or just don't give a rat's a$$!

I love it, I want more of it, I can't wait to continue watching it! BEST SHOW ON TV right now, hands down!!!

skeetergirl87 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-05-08, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skeetergirl87 Click to send private message to skeetergirl87 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Secret Millionaire: premiere discussion."
I watched both episodes and was pleasantly surprised. There really is no mystery - both time each person that they showed got money. I was blown away by the second couple - they gave $100,000 to each of them!

My only complaint is that I would like to know how (or if) this has actually changed their lives. Did they just go back to their mansions and forget about it, or did they continue helping others? Especially the first guy - does he now feel guilty making money off of foreclosures that he's seen some of the people that could have been effected by it?

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-08, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Secret Millionaire: premiere discussion."
Those were my thoughts as well. I'd also like to see what the people did with the money. I know it is a little soon, but nevertheless.

kidflash212 4553 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-10-16, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Secret Millionaire: premiere discussion."
love that bouncie

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-08, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Secret Millionaire: premiere discussion."
I missed the beginning of the episode. How do they explain the cameras to the people being "interviewed"?

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-08, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Secret Millionaire: premiere discussion."
The premise was they were filming a documentary about poverty. That is why the people are so willing to talk about it too.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-08, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Secret Millionaire: premiere discussion."
Ah, thanks. I did think everyone was a bit too cheery.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-13-08, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Secret Millionaire: premiere discussion."
I've watched the 4 that have aired now, and I'm pleasantly impressed! This could easily become a phenomenom for the rich who actually have HEARTS, and are willing to do something tangible with their money. Although, I know that giving to foundations, as most of them did, is tax deductable, I have to give kudos to the Indian Man, "G" for giving individual allowances to people. Those are NOT tax deductable, and even though I felt he was a little more tight with his money, considering that he gave to PEOPLE and not foundations, that could be considered to be much more in the long run.

Yes, I do hope they have a follow-up within the year to see what has taken place with the funds that have been allotted. I, too, was especially impressed with the couple from Louisiana, but then, BOTH of them are multi-millionaires, and he even said that it's nothing to plop down $4k for a dinner. Can you imagine?? I certainly can't!! Spending a forth of that for Christmas has us chewing our nails!!

I have to say, this is the most heart-warming reality show I've seen ever, and I hope it continues and inspires many more of the rich who are not neccessarily 'famous' to come forth and do the same! Kudos to Fox and the producers of this show!!

Earl Colby Pottinger 2230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-15-09, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Secret Millionaire: premiere discussion."
This sounds interesting, but I don't get it with my cable subscription. Does Fox have it on the web somewhere?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •