URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 2005
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Secret Millionaire: premiere discussion."

Posted by Estee on 12-03-08 at 04:15 PM
I think most of us are going to have a hard time dealing with the mere concept of FOX not only having a reality show about helping people, but adding elements of bringing the rich back to the community and throwing it 'pay it forward' economics to boot. The big boss must have slept through the whole meeting.

Then again, given the current recession, our millionaires may just be going through an extended sneak preview of their own futures...

Goodbye, Sailor!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Secret Millionaire: premiere discussion."
Posted by carriem on 12-04-08 at 07:45 AM
The first episode was actually really good.And you're right-it's not normal for Fox to air something with a premise that's so wholesome.

Posted by mindy23 on 12-04-08 at 09:04 AM
Haven't watched the 2nd part yet, but WOW! I was SOOOO impressed by the first one, that I can't stop thinking or talking about it. I hope this becomes something that takes off like wildfire! It is the BEST idea since sliced bread, and even if these millionaires DO get some kind of charitable write-off, it's still all worth it, seeing someone in need get something more than just more grief!

It's also wonderful to see how touched some of these people, of the 'other half' can be, when faced with the REALITY of how the down and out really do live, and realize that not ALL lower class people are just bums who don't want to work, have no desire to get an education, and/or just don't give a rat's a$$!

I love it, I want more of it, I can't wait to continue watching it! BEST SHOW ON TV right now, hands down!!!

Posted by skeetergirl87 on 12-05-08 at 02:28 PM
I watched both episodes and was pleasantly surprised. There really is no mystery - both time each person that they showed got money. I was blown away by the second couple - they gave $100,000 to each of them!

My only complaint is that I would like to know how (or if) this has actually changed their lives. Did they just go back to their mansions and forget about it, or did they continue helping others? Especially the first guy - does he now feel guilty making money off of foreclosures that he's seen some of the people that could have been effected by it?

Posted by dragonflies on 12-11-08 at 03:38 PM
Those were my thoughts as well. I'd also like to see what the people did with the money. I know it is a little soon, but nevertheless.

Posted by kidflash212 on 07-10-16 at 09:59 AM
love that bouncie

Posted by true on 12-11-08 at 09:04 AM
I missed the beginning of the episode. How do they explain the cameras to the people being "interviewed"?

Posted by dragonflies on 12-11-08 at 03:39 PM
The premise was they were filming a documentary about poverty. That is why the people are so willing to talk about it too.

Posted by true on 12-11-08 at 07:57 PM
Ah, thanks. I did think everyone was a bit too cheery.

Posted by mindy23 on 12-13-08 at 10:17 AM
I've watched the 4 that have aired now, and I'm pleasantly impressed! This could easily become a phenomenom for the rich who actually have HEARTS, and are willing to do something tangible with their money. Although, I know that giving to foundations, as most of them did, is tax deductable, I have to give kudos to the Indian Man, "G" for giving individual allowances to people. Those are NOT tax deductable, and even though I felt he was a little more tight with his money, considering that he gave to PEOPLE and not foundations, that could be considered to be much more in the long run.

Yes, I do hope they have a follow-up within the year to see what has taken place with the funds that have been allotted. I, too, was especially impressed with the couple from Louisiana, but then, BOTH of them are multi-millionaires, and he even said that it's nothing to plop down $4k for a dinner. Can you imagine?? I certainly can't!! Spending a forth of that for Christmas has us chewing our nails!!

I have to say, this is the most heart-warming reality show I've seen ever, and I hope it continues and inspires many more of the rich who are not neccessarily 'famous' to come forth and do the same! Kudos to Fox and the producers of this show!!

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 01-15-09 at 05:00 PM
This sounds interesting, but I don't get it with my cable subscription. Does Fox have it on the web somewhere?