The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Fat March"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

KeithFan 7420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-01-07, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Fat March"
Anyone looking forward to it?

http://abc.go.com/specials/fatmarch.html

Will it have it's own forum, or will we have to use "Other Shows" forum?

Will it last or will it pull a Pirate Master?

I, for one, will be watching since the lifestyle change has been a big part of the last 10 months for me- but will anyone else watch?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Fat March Seana 08-01-07 1
   RE: Fat March Snidget 08-01-07 2
   RE: Fat March KeithFan 08-01-07 3
 First episode KeithFan 08-07-07 4
   RE: First episode Seana 08-13-07 5
 Episode 2 KeithFan 08-14-07 6
   RE: Episode 2 syren 08-15-07 7
       RE: Episode 2 udg 08-15-07 8
           RE: Episode 2 syren 08-16-07 10
   RE: Episode 2 Seana 08-16-07 9
       RE: Episode 2 KeithFan 08-17-07 11
 Episode 3 udg 08-21-07 12
   RE: Episode 3 KeithFan 08-21-07 13
       RE: Episode 3 Seana 08-21-07 14
 JamiLynn is in love with Anthony? Sahara 09-05-07 15
   RE: JamiLynn is in love with Anthon... observer 09-05-07 16
 Finale Seana 09-11-07 17
 RE: Fat March Agman2 02-18-16 18
 RE: Fat March Agman2 02-26-16 19
   RE: Fat March kidflash212 07-10-16 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-07, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Fat March"
Well rats, looks lke I'm going to miss the premiere, since I'll be busy that night and taping the Hell's Kitchen finale.

I thought it looked interesting. I especially liked the idea that the more people that reach the finish line, the better.

Do we know how many weeks this will is scheduled to run for?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-07, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Fat March"
Looks like 6 episodes

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch.aspx?id=fat_march

Summertribe and the living is easy!

08-01-07, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Fat March"
I agree about the format. It will be a nice change to see people encouraging each other rather than back stabbing for a change.

So who wants to start the "Be the Marcher" thread.

08-07-07, 00:10 AM (EST)
4. "First episode"
LAST EDITED ON 08-07-07 AT 00:11 AM (EST)

I thought it was good. You got to give them some credit for taking the first steps for getting control of their health.

One thing I was disappointed with was how upset they were when they weighed in and didn't lose as much as they thought they should; it took them how long to get to their weight? It's not all going to come off overnight. I think the trainers should have done a better job explaining to the audience healthy weight loss.

My prediction: 5 will make the final march on Washington.

08-13-07, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: First episode"
I still can't watch this week. But! I'll check this thread for your ideas. Then maybe I'll join you next week for a discussion.

08-14-07, 10:20 PM (EST)
6. "Episode 2"
Guess who's never going to keep the weight off that they lose. Chantal and Will for starters. First chance they get all season to try some "bad" foods and they jump at them starving wolves. 6 months from now they will be at the same weight as they started. Or bigger.

Does anyone else hate Anthony? Good gracious man; you're 26 years old and you act like this is high school, only now you are one of the "popular" ones for a change and you start snubbing people that can actually help you. Grow up, big boy.

Marchers on my lvoe list:

1.Matt- didn't like him the first week so much, but got to respect the guy for sucking up the sore knees and actually helping and encouraging his fellow marchers.

2.Loralie- I think she has the most quiet determination.

3.Michael- the most mature one of the bunch.

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-07, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 2"
What channel does this come on?

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-15-07, 11:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode 2"
ABC. Also, you can watch the episodes online for free on ABC.com.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-07, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Episode 2"
Thank you!!!

08-16-07, 01:42 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Episode 2"
Guess who's never going to keep the weight off that they lose. Chantal and Will for starters. First chance they get all season to try some "bad" foods and they jump at them starving wolves. 6 months from now they will be at the same weight as they started. Or bigger.

I couldn't agree more. My goodness. What a lot of effort for nothing if they just fill up on greasy, fatty calories. It was a test of willpower and they failed miserably. I can only hope that with the thrill of losing weight will come a renewed sense of following the program. Unfortunately, I think they may feel that since they lost weight cheating, they don't need to have any discipline.

On my Lvoe List (in no particular order):

Michael: He's just completely sensible and I like his enthusiasm.

Sam (maybe? younger guy, kinda chubby ): He spoke well, I thought, and showed his commitment to changing his lifestyle at the buffet.

Lorelie: soft-spoken, also committed to getting results.

Matt: sucked it up and got it done, even with the knees.

Not-So Lvoe List

Wendy (maybe?): Totally gave up on the water-carrying task. Didn't even care. Boo.

Chantal: annoyed everyone, ate the crap food and then justified it repeatedly by saying "I don't care what you think." I also can't understand why she found the food choices so repulsive. When Lorrie was rhyming off the list of foods that were served to the contestants, I thought they were eating pretty well.

Will: yeah, pouting about not getting to eat fried chicken while you're on a show about losing weight? He sounded like a 3-year-old.

Thanks to udg for pointing out that eps are available online. I actually had someone tape it for me.

08-17-07, 00:45 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Episode 2"
I hope Will and Anthony both have to take their second ambulance ride (together) and they manage to find a bridge with a questionable repair history.

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-21-07, 00:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Episode 3"
I'm ready to see Anthony go. Ugh! What a b*tch!

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

08-21-07, 09:12 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Episode 3"
...and he wonders why he is still a virgin! He has the mentality of a 12 year old! Will said that Matt was a grown man and would do what he needs to do (my take- Matt knows the limitations on his body better than anyone on the march) and Anthony can't wait to spread false information to Matt, saying Will doesn't care about Matt.

I also can't believe he was trash talking the other marchers on how much weight he has lost compared to them. Apparently he has never been on a diet before; because he too will hit a plateau and not loose anything for quite a while- I'm sure he won't have the will power to stick it out. Maybe not during the march, but at some point in his weight loss journey.

As for the quitter this week, I was caught off guard on that one. I thought she would stick it out. ##### all the way, but stick it out.

Nine remain out of the doughy dozen, initially I thought 5 would make it, but I'm upping that to 7. I think the rest of the girls will make it, if they lose one it will be Chantel. I think Matt's knee will do him in (unless that's just ABC editing) and either Will or Anthony will get voted out. I guess that leaves only 6; but I think only 2 out of 3 will happen.

08-21-07, 04:42 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Episode 3"
Oh, Anthony's just awful, isn't he? I usually wait until people have settled into a pattern of behaviour before I start harping on them and I think I've seen enough. I especially disliked how he spent a day whining at Wendy that she should just quit right now if she was going to spare *him*. Nasty, selfish bit of work.

Speaking of Wendy, I wasn't impressed with her giving up last week, and this? Well, obviously they're better off, but she cost the remaining marchers a pot of money. I hope she watched the confessionals and felt ashamed. Also: I dislike people praying for the look of it. She didn't even know what/who she was praying to. Puh-lease. That's hardly faith.

I have some harsh words for Matt, too. He took someone else's word that someone said something behind his back. Come. on. Check these things first before you go flying off the handle.

I think Will was right anyway. What could "the team" possibly do about Matt's knee? It's not like they can give him a piggyback ride if he can't walk anymore.

Shea and Michael don't get much face time.

On the up side, these people made it. They walked all that way, and lost weight doing it. Regardless of how I feel about their interpersonal skills, they're getting it done. I was trying to think how I'd feel if I was having to walk so far with a time limit in 33C weather and I think I'd be b!tchy, too.

Sahara 759 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-05-07, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sahara Click to send private message to Sahara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "JamiLynn is in love with Anthony?"
Isn't JamiLynn married? It seems awfully blatant for her to say she is in love with someone on national TV when she is already married. And then "THE KISS"......

Personally, I would rather puke than kiss Anthony, but to each her own, I guess.

AF 2006

observer 209 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-05-07, 10:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail observer Click to send private message to observer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: JamiLynn is in love with Anthony?"
I missed the first show: ABC didn't promote it very much. I just happened to be looking for a show to watch at the time the second episode was airing.

I hope there is a second Fat March.

What I like about this show is that the exercise is sensible. The people on the Biggest Loser run sometimes. Everyone, especially overweight people, would be better off if they walk instead of run. Walking is easier on the heart, knees and feet.

Also, everyone had a chance of winning on this show, unlike the Biggest Loser.

Also, the Biggest Loser has way too much ad placement. Fat March doesn't.

Maybe Matt can try water aerobics or swimming.

I think Anthony is gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

09-11-07, 09:20 AM (EST)
17. "Finale"
LAST EDITED ON 09-11-07 AT 09:24 AM (EST)

Brief Summary in Point Form with Some Comments in Italics

- no traditional recrap.
Wow!

- Jamilyn is still bitter about Anthony, plots to stick it to everyone else by refusing to cross the finish line so no-one will win any money.

- footage of Jamilyn and Anthony kissing
Ew.

- no review of Anthony saying he enjoys stirring the pot or video evidence that he twisted someone's words to screw them over.
Honestly, the guy is a jerk. I can't believe he blathered on and on about getting rid of Will and hating Chantal, but couldn't understand why someone, oh maybe Chantal, might not be willing to sacrifice for him. Actually, I didn't really like Chantal in the beginning. And while I still found her pretty annoying at the end, she at least had the right focus and drive and I respect that.

- Jamilyn's knee hurts and she has to get it checked out. It's nothing, really. She loses a day and has to go back 11 miles. Michael goes with her.

- Michael supports Jamilyn's idea about not finishing and fuels her fire by giving his own reasons why he thought Anthony got hosed.
*eyeroll*

- next day's walk is a marathon of 26.2 miles. Jamilyn and Michael must still catch up, and so will have to walk 33.2 miles in 10 hours. They do.
That's damned impressive.

- at some point before or after marathon, Sam discovers Jamilyn's plan. She is talking to the trainer guy and he walks over.
This looked very staged to me. Very staged.

- Sam tells the others and the shite hits the fan.

- lots of yelling and crying and stuff.

- Jamilyn says it was all just talk, she never would.
Betcha Michael didn't know that.

- crying, forgiving, blah blah blah

- walk to DC

- finish line has family, friends, former marchers
*sniffles*

- no man in Jamilyn's supporters, Lorelie's husband with sign that says "There goes my babymama!"

- final weight lost:

Michael: 80 lbs
Sam: 85 lbs
Chantal: 51 lbs
Jamilyn: 50 lbs
Lorelie: 55? lbs
Shea: 50-? lbs

- shots of first day, last day of march. Obvious changes.

- scene from previous day or so, marchers try on the outfit they wore first day. Pants slide off everyone.

- I hope Jamilyn and Anthony are happy together. I guess.

- Chantal's going to need a breast reduction. How can you not lose weight there? She looks so top-heavy.

- I liked it. There was certainly more drama than I was expecting, but whatever.

ETF spacing

Agman2 2707 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-18-16, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Fat March"
bumper crop

Agman2 2707 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-26-16, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Fat March"
Skinny May is a much better show!

kidflash212 4811 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-10-16, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Fat March"
Just Right June should be good

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •