The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Shear Genius?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Tiggertramp 3141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-13-07, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiggertramp Click to send private message to Tiggertramp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Shear Genius?"
Did anyone watch? Does anyone care?

I had a few WTF?? moments with the "artsy" hair design. Maybe that is something they do at hair shows, I am hoping to see REAL hair designs for real people. Am I crazy?

And would *you* wear an asymetrical hair cut? Me? Not so much.

Excellent siggy by JSlice, Worm by the Fab IceCat And Icey bounced me! Yippee!!
I wish I were a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum...Cuz how can you be grumpy, When the sun shines out your bum??

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Shear Genius? aquariaqueen 04-13-07 1
 RE: Shear Genius? Estee 04-13-07 2
   RE: Shear Genius? AshLanie 04-28-07 12
 RE: Shear Genius? StarryLuna 04-13-07 3
   RE: Shear Genius? Palm Tree 04-16-07 4
 RE: Shear Genius? Dragonfire 04-23-07 5
   RE: Shear Genius? ginger 04-25-07 6
       Episode 102.... aquariaqueen 04-25-07 7
       RE: Shear Genius? tamarama 04-30-07 13
 Episode 103, April 25th.... aquariaqueen 04-25-07 8
   RE: Episode 103, April 25th.... pinksparkleguitar 04-25-07 9
       RE: Episode 103, April 25th.... kidflash212 07-10-16 32
   RE: Episode 103, April 25th.... aquariaqueen 04-25-07 10
   RE: Episode 103, April 25th.... StarryLuna 04-26-07 11
       RE: Episode 103, April 25th.... tamarama 04-30-07 14
           RE: Episode 103, April 25th.... JessicaRN 05-04-07 15
 I heart marathons! SilverStar 05-07-07 16
   RE: I heart marathons! ginger 05-24-07 18
       RE: I heart marathons! aquariaqueen 05-24-07 19
           RE: I heart marathons! Agman2 01-25-16 30
       RE: I heart marathons! SilverStar 05-25-07 20
           RE: I heart marathons! maggietalk93215 05-25-07 21
               RE: I heart marathons! aquariaqueen 05-25-07 22
               RE: I heart marathons! Agman2 01-12-16 29
       RE: I heart marathons! tamarama 05-27-07 23
 RE: Shear Genius? HeirHamster 05-07-07 17
 RE: Shear Genius? aquariaqueen 05-27-07 24
   RE: Shear Genius? ginger 05-30-07 25
 Finale---May 30th aquariaqueen 05-30-07 26
 RE: Shear Genius? stylish0610 06-27-07 27
   RE: Shear Genius? StarryLuna 06-29-07 28
 RE: Shear Genius? Agman2 01-26-16 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-13-07, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Shear Genius?"
I happened to watch the "hair art" episode, was that the first or second episode?

It certainly was different, but I think I am willing to give it a try, although I don't think I will purposefully set a VCR up if I am not at home to watch.

I can't wait to see the different challenges.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-13-07, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Shear Genius?"
When's Sanjaya scheduled to appear?

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-28-07, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Shear Genius?"
>When's Sanjaya scheduled to appear?
>

He was the preseason guinea pig.....and the end result was what we saw on AI?

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-13-07, 09:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Shear Genius?"
I will probably stick with this one. It will keep me occupied until Project Runway comes back and there seems to be several people in the running to be biggest drama queen, so I think it could be fun.

The hair art episode cracked me up, mostly because I kept thinking of the movie The Big Tease with Craig Ferguson and his big finale hair art piece, "The Flower of Scotland." I don't know what that one guy was thinking with those mismatched extension pigtails with the hair looking like tree branches in the middle, but I'm glad he left. I think Tabatha's going to have a lot of fun, beeyotchy comments, so I'm happy she's still around.

I do hope that they get into more realistic hair styles. There's nothing I appreciate more than a good haircut. And if you're enjoying this show, you should try to see Split Ends on Style network.

Luna's Eclipses

Palm Tree 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-16-07, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Palm%20Tree Click to send private message to Palm%20Tree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Shear Genius?"
I watch it to see if it could be interesting enough, it was. Yet to learn the names of all the judges and contestants, to many shows with so many contestants names to learn LOL!

About the judges: Jackeline Smith (who doesn't know her) her judging style and nice treatment of the stylists won me over, she was a great choice, kudos for the producer to hire her for this. The other female judge, somewhat snob, seems to be related to "Simon" from AI, and the guy (sorry need to check the Bravo website, i am going to work in an hour not time now) seem very nice, sort of the "Tim Gunn" for "Shear Genius", I like him!!! I agree mostly with Jackeline judging, need more time to see if the others made the "cut" or not as judges for me

About the haircuts: Sure enough for runway or magazine maybe they may work, however,those "artistic" or uneven haircuts or styles are not for everyday people like me.

In the first quick challenge I liked the haircut that ms. Smith liked and I can see myself with that haircut LOL (one of the best things from the 70's those "Charlie's Angels" hair do...do look nice on us women), now the attitude of the lady that had that awful uneven haircut was uncalled for. If she doesn't care about the opinions of the judges, WHY then she agree to be in this "show"; so she DON'T CARE about the MONEY and stuff she may win if she just listen on what the judges tell her?. Oh well, I guess she just wants the exposure then.

Then there is the other guy, the first one to be "CUT" from this show, hehehe, WHO he thinks he is...if "contestans" disregard the input of the judges and keep showing this DIVA attitude don't they know they are throwing their chances of actually "improving" and worse, getting out faster from the competition?

Overall, it looks like it will be fun to watch, is seem similar to Project Runway too. Looking forward for more of this "Shear Genius" people contest ... "Shear Genius", huh?

Dragonfire 128 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-23-07, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dragonfire Click to send private message to Dragonfire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Shear Genius?"
Did anyone watch last weeks hair dye jobs??? They had two hours to transform their clients hair and most of them were terrible. Where did they find these people??? From what I've seen there are only a couple of people I would actually trust with my hair.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-07, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Shear Genius?"
Two hours in which to take dark hair blonde is nearly impossible; hence, all those odd shades of red.

It's a strange show but certainly more compelling than Top Design.

J. Smith looks better at 60-whatever than I do now at 44, and if she's had a facelift, it was very well done. Beeyotch.

04-25-07, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Episode 102...."
Wow, Tabitha did great.

I was a little frustrated when the judges said that the artists should have told their clients it couldn't be done.

A couple of the artists lucked out and their clients were realistic.

Did you see that orange hair, oh my goodness.
Tonight's a new episode.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-30-07, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Shear Genius?"
>>Two hours in which to take dark hair blonde is nearly impossible;<<

Word. My raven-haired friend Megan gets her color done over 2 days.

(My ash-blonde mess takes hardly any time to become lucious.)

04-25-07, 06:13 PM (EST)
8. "Episode 103, April 25th...."
Whaddya think????

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-25-07, 10:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 103, April 25th...."
Lacey's haircut in the first challenge looked awful. I agreed with her going home based on that cut. I also thought that was a good challenge because it seems to me clients always want to recreate a look from a picture, a celebrity, or whatnot. I liked seeing the mentor (forgot her name) checking the technicality of each cut, if it was even, where the heaviness was, etc.

I though the main challenge was lame, but I applaud that the lady with the hedge clippers picked them, and then rocked out the haircut with them. Good for her.

I love Boogie!!

An EmyDi nickname on a Shar sig

kidflash212 4779 desperate attention whore postings

07-10-16, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Episode 103, April 25th...."
I remember pinksprkleguitar! fondly

04-25-07, 11:08 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Episode 103, April 25th...."
Wow, loved this episode.

Tyson won the first competition....that was fine.

I loved how he had to choose the order of stylists for their tools and clients. He put the threats at the end of the line.

Tabatha rocked with the kindergarten scissors. Evangelin did well with the hedge clippers.

Dr. Boogie needs to kick it up a notch.

Sad to see Theodore go, hope he learns to wear a shirt which doesn't expose his pits!!! Good luck, friend.

04-26-07, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Episode 103, April 25th...."
I freaking love this show. Bravo really screwed up Top Design, but I think they got this one right.

Loved Evangelin's haircut with the hedge clippers, but I couldn't believe the previews for next week show her STILL USING THEM!

Tabatha's made quite an improvement from the first episode. She's been solidly in the top 3 every time since, I think.

Glad they finally ditched Lacey. Her work has not impressed me at all yet.

The judges on this show are fantastic. I'm especially fond of Sally Hirschberger. I liked how she showed them how she does her shag cut and the way she really want through and got her hands in there to check out the styles. But I still wouldn't pay $650 for a haircut.

Siggy by tribe

04-30-07, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Episode 103, April 25th...."
>>previews for next week show her STILL USING THEM!<<

Yeah, that's not going to be pretty. She's cute, but kind of a dork.

I'm really loving this show! Most of the contestants are very likeable, but seem to have enough personality to avoid being boring. Love Boogie, Daisy, Tabitha (yeah, she's 8itchy, but she's a fun 8itchy). Anthony is so very pretty. *sigh* Oh, and so is Rene. *sigh*

2 of the 3 that I don't like are already gone! (Paul-Jean & Lacey. Ego, idiot.)

Tyson is clearly the villain, but so far looks like he's not so awful that we can't stand to watch him.

I'm enjoying the challenges too! I should tell you guys that I've been trying to get a decent shag cut for 8 months & I've gone through 3 stylists! S'ok - I got it now (thank you Josef, love you). So I was not at all surprised that the group found the cut to be difficult.

I think the problem with Top Design is that it's too difficult to show a whole room -- much easier to see a dress or a hair style. (I still enjoyed Top Design, but I agree it's weaker.)

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-04-07, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Episode 103, April 25th...."
I like this show also and I must say that I think Bravo has the best reality shows on. I like some more than others, but I enjoy them all.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-07, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "I heart marathons!"
Bravo did a marathon yesterday, so I was able to catch up with this show. They didn't show the first episode though. Bummer.

Random thoughts:
-I hate Tabatha, but agree that she has some great bitchy comments.

-Was Lacey Britney Spears twin sister??

-Loved Theodore! I was really bummed that he was eliminated.

-Evangelin was a whacko. Bad enough that she thought continuing to use the hedge clippers was a good idea, but then the whole "straight and curly should go together!" That hairdo was horrendous.

I don't think I have a favorite yet. I'm really glad that I caught the episodes yesterday, this show is fun! Much, much better than Top Design. I gave up on that show after 3 episodes.

Sigs by Bob! Fear and chemistry keep everyone happy!

05-24-07, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: I heart marathons!"
Anyone still watching?

*crickets in the salon*

Anyway, I hated the penultimate team elimination, and the final three are not "my" final three by any means, but I guess I'll watch the finale. I also watched the Reunion. They couldn't really drum up any drama.

05-24-07, 02:00 PM (EST)
19. "RE: I heart marathons!"
I love this show.....

Wall of Doom.....watch out Ben!
Glad Tab got fan favorite. She was great at the reunion. She knows she came off bitchy, and she owned it.
Boogie got too cocky, it wasn't HIS photoshoot, it was Matthew's. Gave good drama, but went a little too far for my tastes sometimes.
Ben, love this guy....just a reminder that you don't have to win every contest, you just can't lose them.
I love Anthony, we could be friends, I'm sure. Love to go to dinner with him sometime.
Daisy does nice work. I guess water hair is hard to do, but it didn't seem like it to me. Loved Daisy's bride hair, simply stunning.

Agman2 2707 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-16, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: I heart marathons!"
What ever happened to you? One day you were just gone!

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-07, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: I heart marathons!"
Yup, I'm still watching. I'm very surprised by the final 3, especially Ben. I'm rooting for Anthony, but I would be ok with Daisy winning, I guess. I still think she should've been booted during the celebrity hairstyle week. She didn't do anything her client wanted. I can understand her not being able to take her blonde, but what about at least a cut and style?? All she did was put her hair in french twist with an ugly thick curl down the side. Terrible.

Yeah. Guess I'm still upset about that episode!

Sigs by Bob! Fear and chemistry keep everyone happy!

maggietalk93215 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-25-07, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maggietalk93215 Click to send private message to maggietalk93215 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: I heart marathons!"
So who exactly are you rooting for? What is your opinion about Dr. Boogie?

05-25-07, 01:57 PM (EST)
22. "RE: I heart marathons!"
Even though Boogie brought drama, he got a little over the top....."steppin' in" got old. He was just the hair part of that shoot, he wasn't the photographer, make-up, stylist....too cocky!!

And the hair was definitely too heavy!!! It should have been whispy!!! Seeing light through it. Like flowing sheers, not floating drapes!

01-12-16, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: I heart marathons!"
Dr. Boogie is an idiot. I think he's related to Dr. Pepper.

05-27-07, 01:07 PM (EST)
23. "RE: I heart marathons!"
Yeah, the final 3 don't feel like the best ones from the 12 Tabatha & Tyson's cut is the one that seemed out of whack. Boogie & Ben kinda lucked out.

But I'm guessing that they do something like Top Chef - Colicchio blogged once that they specifically judge on the present task, and deliberately don't take into account overall performance -- hence Tab & Tyson getting the axe.

Plus, the fighting in front of the clients was horrible (Tab!). Sally blogged that if that happened in her salon they'd be fired.

Doesn't seem to matter on Project Runway though -- they seem to look at the whole body of work, and they let Jeffrey stay after upsetting a client.

HeirHamster 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-07-07, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HeirHamster Click to send private message to HeirHamster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Shear Genius?"
hey everyone! i work with Bravo so I just wanted to pass on the good news that Shear Genius is having this awesome contest where you and a friend can win a trip to NYC to get haircuts from the winner and makeovers, plus $500 spending cash! here's the link if your interested....https://condenast.eprize.net/alluresheargenius/index.tbapp?page=intro&affiliate_id=&noflash=flash GOOD LUCK!!!

05-27-07, 07:31 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Shear Genius?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-27-07 AT 07:34 PM (EST)

How would you rank them???

Tabatha--just loved her......
Daisy--Wow, she surprised me, impressive work.
Anthony--Steady and sophisticated
Danna--great work....lovely person.

Ben--nice guy, got lucky, but did some neat hair
Paul Jean---would have liked to have seen him more
Theodore--cute...would have loved to seen more of his work.

Tyson--he wasn't bad, but....
Boogie---just got tired of him.

Jim--oh dear, that orange hair!!!
Lacey--don't know a thing about her
Evangelin---went crazy

05-30-07, 01:09 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Shear Genius?"
Tab, Tyson and (surprises me) Daisy were the best overall. I think Tab should've won.

05-30-07, 03:13 PM (EST)
26. "Finale---May 30th"
This is going to be great!!!!

stylish0610 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-27-07, 08:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail stylish0610 Click to send private message to stylish0610 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Shear Genius?"
I actually am a fan of asymetrical hair cuts...they are just not for everyone...by the way i heard of a real cool show about hair stylist called Split Ends on Style Network...Has anyone heard of it?

06-29-07, 11:31 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Shear Genius?"
Split Ends is pretty fun. I watch it regularly. They take two hairstylists from very different types of salons and swap them for 3 days. A lot of times it's a stylist from a very, very posh high-end salon who swaps with a stylist from a mom-and-pop salon or a SuperCuts type of strip mall salon. On the first day, the stylists are given a "test," where their new salon boss gives them a client and a certain type of style than watches over them to see if they can handle it. On the second day, the stylist has to follow the rules of the new salon and take on the other stylist's regular clients. On the third day, the stylist gets to take over the salon and make changes around it that's more in style of their normal salon.

If you ever watched Blow Out on Bravo, you may remember Brandon, the tattooed guy that Jonathan fired in the first season. Brandon was on this show. He swapped with a girl named Yasmine from an African-American salon. I thought Brandon was a bit of a jerk on Blow Out, but I liked him a lot more on this show. He was really respectful of the salon owner, readily admitted that he didn't know much about styling African-American hair, but really wanted to learn, and didn't seem too embarrassed to ask for help. That was the first epi I saw.

I recommend it highly. I have it on a season pass on my Tivo so I can't tell you what it's official time is, but Style tends to run two or three episodes back to back when they show it. A new season just started, so they'll probably be a little more frequent over the next few weeks.

It's a Syren kind of summer

01-26-16, 04:54 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Shear Genius?"
Whatever happened to Tiggertramp?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •