The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Some of these LINES ...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Temptation Island Everything (Protected)
Original message

texasgal1 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-18-01, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail texasgal1 Click to send private message to texasgal1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Some of these LINES ...."
Did anyone catch that conversation between Rossi and Catherine in the pool? As far as I recall, his lines went something like this:
"It's like, I'm a butterfly catcher, and I've caught the queen butterfly. Like, with 83 wings and 43,000 colors."

Apparently this seems to have won Catherine over (at least temporarily). Does anyone else find this absurdly corny?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Some of these LINES .... jenbug 12-18-01 1
   RE: Some of these LINES .... VioletM 12-19-01 3
       RE: Some of these LINES .... texasgal1 12-19-01 4
 And don't forget the line that won ... Jonnycumlately 12-18-01 2
 RE: Some of these LINES .... SDDukes 12-20-01 5
 RE: Some of these LINES .... TheWanderer 12-26-01 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jenbug 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-18-01, 08:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jenbug Click to send private message to jenbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Some of these LINES ...."
Absurdly stupid. Why would a beautiful girl like her, who has probably had many male admirers fall for that? She must share the affliction of an IQ under 90 with the rest of those on the show, especially Rossi.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

VioletM 18 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-01, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VioletM Click to send private message to VioletM Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Some of these LINES ...."
This doesn't justify it, but I think her actions have nothing to do with Rossi personally. Case in point:

Edmundo was the one who wanted to do this show. She may claim that she wanted to do this to find out if they're meant to be, but let's get real. He decided he wanted to do it, and she doesn't want anyone to know her vote was completely overridden. Hence the perma-smile.

SO...when she realized not only Edmundo sticking his fingers in the cookie jar (or whatever orifices), her confidence drops down a few notches, from about, oh I would say, None to Sublevel! And when it's that low, only "butterfly wings" are going to pull it back to a mediocre level. All the more to change the mood from black to "43,000 colors". But whether it's coming from Rossi or that goofball Tom or the busboy at the resort, she's taking it. Let's face it, Grossmundo has been giving her crumbs until now.

Since she "didn't say he could kiss some girl's breasts!", she is going to even the score. But the score won't be even in the end, when you take into account that Edmundo has acted completely without regard to the camera. Hey, at least she and Rossi tried to hide from the cameras, but thanks to NightCam, so much for that.

Frankly, Catherine is out for herself and that's evident. She isn't interested in meeting a soul mate outside of Edmundo, but she will do whatever she has to in order to protect herself. I think she's very pretty and if what we've seen so far of his behavior is indicative of him at home, it's a shame her self-esteem has been shattered by such a schmuck.

texasgal1 15 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-01, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail texasgal1 Click to send private message to texasgal1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Some of these LINES ...."
"She isn't interested in meeting a soul mate outside of Edmundo, but she will do whatever she has to in order to protect herself. I think she's very pretty and if what we've seen so far of his behavior is indicative of him at home, it's a shame her self-esteem has been shattered by such a schmuck."

I agree with almost all that you said, VioletM. I don't necessarily think that Edmundo has shattered C.'s self-esteem; I just think she's one of those girls who invests all of her self-worth in a man's interest in her. She referred to Rossi's butterfly crap as "He was saying the most amazing things to me." Rossi's velveeta approach seemed to work like a charm!

In the meantime, if anyone notices any other classic lines employed by the men on this show, please post them! I will do my best!

Jonnycumlately 206 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-18-01, 08:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jonnycumlately Click to send private message to Jonnycumlately Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "And don't forget the line that won Hilary over."
LAST EDITED ON 12-18-01 AT 08:55 PM (EST)

"I'm brushing my teeth naked. Wanna help?" Although, I'm sure Hilary did have to use the mouthwash after they were done...

SDDukes 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-20-01, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SDDukes Click to send private message to SDDukes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Some of these LINES ...."
OH, OH, and what about......

H: The cameras are on.
E: Turn off the lights.

Hahahah, If only they knew about night vision.

<<<smurk>>>

TheWanderer 267 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-26-01, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheWanderer Click to send private message to TheWanderer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Some of these LINES ...."
As i said in another thread, while Edmundo's physique is good, I don't believe he is any above average looking. I'm not sure why any woman, especially Catherine, who I believe is above average, would be attracted to Edmundo. But hey... if he's able to get some, why not? Did theses women (Nikkole, Shannon, Catherine)really believe that when tempted and alone that the men wouldn't take advantage when they could?

I can't believe that Catherine fell for Rossi's line regarding the butterflies. That was so lame, but she fell for it. She's not as innocent as we may think and the camera didn't show everything. When she did kiss Rossi she later said she pulled away. yeah... right. We don't know how much "touchy-feely" went on there or in the hot tub. Regardlesss of who she now pairs up with, if the guy is suave, I'm sure he'll be able to get into her pants.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •