The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kid Nation Episode #4 East Coast Update Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Kid Nation Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-10-07, 07:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kid Nation Episode #4 East Coast Update Thread"
Another week, another set up by the powers that be to cause drama, another choice between luxury items and another gold star to give out.

Not up for seg capping, but I'll get the thresd started.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #4 East Coas... Estee 10-10-07 1
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #4 East Coas... foonermints 10-10-07 3
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #4 East Coas... banzai 10-10-07 2
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #4 East Coas... brvnkrz 10-11-07 4
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #4 East Coas... geg6 10-11-07 5
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #4 East Coas... Memaw 10-11-07 6
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #4 East Coas... Estee 10-11-07 7
       RE: Kid Nation Episode #4 East Coas... kathliam 10-11-07 8
       RE: Kid Nation Episode #4 East Coas... geg6 10-11-07 9
           RE: Kid Nation Episode #4 East Coas... Estee 10-11-07 10
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #4 East Coas... SherpaDave 10-11-07 13
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #4 East Coas... michel 10-11-07 11
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #4 East Coas... geg6 10-11-07 14
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #4 East Coas... kingfish 10-11-07 12
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #4 East Coas... geg6 10-11-07 15
       RE: Kid Nation Episode #4 East Coas... Tamena 10-12-07 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-07, 07:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #4 East Coast Update Thread"
Oh gawds.

I'm predicting people might have a lot to say this week.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-07, 11:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #4 East Coast Update Thread"
Why? I'd choose minature golf any day.

And WHERE is Kwai Chang Caine to start killing off the Producers the big gold shuriken?
It'd be a mercy.

banzai 556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-10-07, 10:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail banzai Click to send private message to banzai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #4 East Coast Update Thread"
lol, where's everyone?

episode 5 preview:
10/17/2007
Episode Detail: Viva La Revolucion! - Kid Nation
The pioneers learn they can replace the town-council members if they choose to do so, and the current four leaders try to get reelected.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-07, 08:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #4 East Coast Update Thread"
Can they please get rid of Taylor, now? Ugh

RIP, Bill Walsh

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-07, 08:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #4 East Coast Update Thread"
Wow. I have to say I wasn't a big fan of that whole forcing the religion issue down everyone's throat. I know it was meant to be all heartwarming and all, but, as someone who is not a believer per se, I just kept thinking about those three atheists they mentioned. I don't have a problem with the library of religious books, but the attempt at forcing some sort of service made me very uncomfortable for those kids with the same convictions as I. And I find it quite discouraging that none of the three were identified like all the religions were and allowed to explain their beliefs. Almost like there is something to be ashamed about or that no one should be interested. That was upsetting to me.

On another note, though, I'd just like to say that I'm madly in love with Jared. I've never wanted a kid or especially a male kid, but if I did have one, I'd like him to be exactly like Jared.

"And now the whole nation -- pulpit and all -- will take up the war-cry, and shout itself hoarse, and mob any honest man who ventures to open his mouth; and presently such mouths will cease to open. Next the statesmen will invent cheap lies, putting the blame upon the nation that is attacked, and every man will be glad of those conscience-soothing falsities, and will diligently study them, and refuse to examine any refutations of them; and thus he will by and by convince himself that the war is just, and will thank God for the better sleep he enjoys after this process of grotesque self-deception." Mark Twain

Memaw 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-11-07, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Memaw Click to send private message to Memaw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #4 East Coast Update Thread"
>I don't have a problem with the library of religious books, >but the attempt at forcing some sort of service made me very >uncomfortable for those kids with the same convictions as I.

I agree. I totally liked it much better how Morgan went about the town, trying to drum up a prayer meeting, how the invite went out to all and how she left the door open to whoever wanted to come could, and whoever didn't want to didn't have too, and it would not be held against him.

I especially loved watching the expressions on the other's faces as the one little boy said his prayer in "his" native religious tongue language and then followed it up with one in english.

10-11-07, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #4 East Coast Update Thread"
I was shocked that they got three atheists in the mix: that's a higher percentage than you get in the general population. I'd be curious to know who the other two were beside Sophia -- I'd guess a couple of the teens.

I'd also love to know who (and what) got filed under 'Other' during Alex's survey. At another guess, we've got at least one Wiccan.

To me, one of the funniest sequences was Laurel continuing to say they'd take the Bibles -- followed up by finding out that they'd pretty much gotten one of everything. Oopsie.

And Jared is just a little bit quirky. (He'll make an interesting board member in a few years.)

kathliam 3666 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-11-07, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #4 East Coast Update Thread"
And Jared is just a little bit quirky. (He'll make an interesting board member in a few years.)

ITA, Estee. Seems like one of my favorite parts of the show is the endcap with Jared. He has some of the best scenes of the show -- misquoting Shakespeare, 'it's a twister! it's a twister!', and this week making his own putt putt in the middle of the muddy street. Sweet!!!

Jared lurve!

10-11-07, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #4 East Coast Update Thread"
>I was shocked that they got
>three atheists in the mix:
> that's a higher percentage
>than you get in the
>general population. I'd be
>curious to know who the
>other two were beside Sophia
>-- I'd guess a couple
>of the teens.

You're probably right, but some of these little ones are quite sophisticated in their thinking. I wouldn't be surprised at all if there was at least one of the young ones in the trio.

>To me, one of the funniest
>sequences was Laurel continuing to
>say they'd take the Bibles
>-- followed up by finding
>out that they'd pretty much
>gotten one of everything.
> Oopsie.

And I laughed my azz off every time she said it. One of the reasons I have no objection to little library. Obviously, some of these kids are unclear about the fact that the Bible is not the only only so-called holy book around. *rolls eyes*

>And Jared is just a little
>bit quirky.

Why do you think I adore him so?

(He'll make
>an interesting board member in
>a few years.)

Hey, you've been to the AI and SO forums. I think he's ready now based on that.

"And now the whole nation -- pulpit and all -- will take up the war-cry, and shout itself hoarse, and mob any honest man who ventures to open his mouth; and presently such mouths will cease to open. Next the statesmen will invent cheap lies, putting the blame upon the nation that is attacked, and every man will be glad of those conscience-soothing falsities, and will diligently study them, and refuse to examine any refutations of them; and thus he will by and by convince himself that the war is just, and will thank God for the better sleep he enjoys after this process of grotesque self-deception." Mark Twain

10-11-07, 11:52 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #4 East Coast Update Thread"
Hey, you've been to the AI and SO forums. I think he's ready now based on that.

Nah. For those two sections, he's way too mature.

SherpaDave 8324 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-07, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #4 East Coast Update Thread"
I found the cramming of religion down the kids' throats pretty damned offensive, too. And I say that as a moderately religious person. I loved that all of the kids outside the council refused to attend the enforced service. Did my heart good. And the level of ignorance about religion from some of the kids reflected the general populace pretty well, too: the question of "Catholic, Protestant, or other?" elicited responses of "Methodist" and "Well, I know I'm some kind of Christian."

The moment that saved it for me was when Zach (I think) and one of the Christian kids were taking turns reading from Genesis from each of their holy books and realizing that there's a lot of common ground between the religions.

And I was totally NOT surprised to see that some of my favorite kids were Members of the Tribe: Jared, Sophia (albeit Atheist now, raised Jewish), and Zach. (And there's another kid, but he hasn't really registered much with me so far.)

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-07, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #4 East Coast Update Thread"
Some of these kids show a lot of maturity. I liked Olivia, Morgan (good choice for gold star), Zach and especially Alex with his survey saying that there is good in every religion and he didn't want Bonanza to turn into the tower of Babel.

Finally we got some insight into Anjay and for the first time I saw why they chose him for the council. Showing his religious celebration of Hinduism was nice.

I don't know who it was but one line that made me laugh was this kid saying something like: "Putting all religions in the same room is a bad idea. It's like putting Democrats and Republicans in the same room. It never works."
What about Congress! Actually, I hope some Congressmen heard that!

Jared is fun. Not only his mini putt: "I got bogey 4" but his: "I'm not the cheering type. I meditate!" Seeing him in an unsteady yoga pose cracked me up.

10-11-07, 02:40 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #4 East Coast Update Thread"
>Jared is fun. Not only his
>mini putt: "I got bogey
>4" but his: "I'm not
>the cheering type. I meditate!"
>Seeing him in an unsteady
>yoga pose cracked me up.

That was the exact moment that I fell completely head over heels in love with him. I'd really, really liked him before, but that? Best moment, best line, best shot of the whole series for me.

I *heart* Jared. I want to bring him home with me. Think his parents would be willing to give him up for a few years?

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-07, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #4 East Coast Update Thread"
OK, the quote that tickled me the most was the kid (didn't catch the name, the kid who went home) saying that he had to go to the saloon and drink root beer to get his girlfriend off his mind.

Even though that seem to be coached, I burst out laughing.

He (a 9 year old) also said he had loved her since the third grade. OK, now 9 years old usually IS the third grade, right?

The show is more amusing than I thought it would be.

10-11-07, 02:48 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #4 East Coast Update Thread"
It's hilarious, this show!

My sister called me right after the show last night (we have a mutual love affair with Jared). She watches it every week with my 6-year-old ridiculously precocious niece. She was cracking up because, during the section where they were emphasizing Taylor's laziness and snotty mouth, Caitlin (who has mentioned how much she dislikes Taylor's attitude in the past) got so angry with her that she stood up in the middle of floor in front of the TV and yelled at her at the top of her lungs, "Shut up, you lazy little brat, or I'll send my Aunt Geg out there to teach you some manners! And she will, too!" And she's right. I would. It would include but not be limited to taking her behind the outhouse and pounding the crap out of her when no one was looking.

Tamena 174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-12-07, 07:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tamena Click to send private message to Tamena Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #4 East Coast Update Thread"
Jared - yes he's cute in a geeky sort of way, and precocious as hell...living with a kid like that is a testament to survival trust me LOL My 12yr old is the female version of Jared and I love her to death but she drives me nuts =D

Taylor - the 12yr old was in full comment mode last night, as usual. She stated that she thinks Taylor should come live with us for awhile cause it's "obvious her parents didn't teach her any manners" LOL then she looked at me and said that she knows the stuff Taylor pulls would never be allowed to happen in THIS house hehehe

gotta love kids

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Karma doesn't come back on people because some universal controller-god pushes buttons. It comes back on people because they dig holes for themselves to fall into.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •