The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Finale & Summer Showdown"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences HGTV Design Star Forum (Protected)
Original message

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-03-08, 10:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Finale & Summer Showdown"
Did anyone watch the finale tonight? We "called it" before the announcement. Will be interesting to see how the designer does (won't give away the winner, until everyone has a chance to view).

Then, on to the "Showdown"--hmm. Wonder if the "Design Star" format might be given an improvement after seeing the special "props" they pulled for the "stars" here. Wouldn't the folks in the "Design Star" competition just LOVE to have all that expert help...and ALL the paint, lumber, equipment, furniture, accessories, etc. in ONE place to pick and choose what they needed??? Funny, the network didn't make Vern & Cynthia have to go out and "shop" or send someone to do it for them. They need that for "Design Star"--even the "white room" competition requires they go out and shop for their supplies.

What we did like, though, was the fact that both teams had identical sets--based upon a real room--to do. To us it appeared that you could really see the different interpretations; otherwise, when different spaces are used, there is something a little off by it.

Will be interesting to see next week's "Showdown."

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Finale & Summer Showdown Max Headroom 08-04-08 1
   RE: Lame, Lame, Lame!! mindy23 08-04-08 2
 RE: Finale & Summer Showdown kellbelle 08-04-08 3
 RE: Finale & Summer Showdown SilverStar 08-04-08 4
   RE: amikey V saving the world?? mindy23 08-05-08 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-04-08, 07:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Finale & Summer Showdown"
All of us thought Matt would be the winner. I thought his dining room and living room were better, and his hosting skills were more polished, while Jennifer had the better kitchen. Still, I can't say I'm terribly disppointed by Jennifer's win, since she did a consistently good job throughout the season. Her energy and enthusiasm will serve her well as a host, though her braying laugh will probably get old quickly.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-04-08, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Lame, Lame, Lame!!"
As in faux finishes and trying to make a tile backsplash in 24 hours! This show (last night) was so lame, I was almost embarrased to be watching it!!

I didn't even realize how redundant some of the people who were on it really WERE until they recapped some of their 'precious' moments. And why did they zone in on poor Michael like that? And make him have to defend his relationship with his mommy? Come on, People!! THAT was LAME!! As in laminated flooring when you had marble down in the first place!

Whoever produced this fiasco must have been half asleep, or working too hard on the show-down that followed, which I thought was a total joke, too.

As for Jennifer winning, I see it this way, in the voting arena: Matt: 2,355 votes to Jennifer's 2, 422. At least those are MY calculations. As far as I can see, and according to the audience participation, this show is on its last leg.

I'm not usually so negative, and I'm not trying to be a spoiled sport about Matt not winning. I'm actually glad he didn't get stuck in that ruthole that Kym and David are in now-we see their faces maybe once a week?? And Kym's show "Myles of Style"?? Who thought of that??? And it is just lame, too. Sorry, Kym-it just is!

Whatever happened to Carter, Ty, Paige and people with real personalities doing REAL jobs?? I just don't see it coming from HGTV much anymore......Besides, I am in desperate need of a landscaping, so I'm on to TLC....Catch ya later!

kellbelle 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-04-08, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kellbelle Click to send private message to kellbelle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Finale & Summer Showdown"
I thought Summer Showdown was rad! I loved seeing the Design Star judges sweat it out in their own competition. Can't wait to see next week.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-04-08, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Finale & Summer Showdown"
The most burning question I have about the finale: Where was Mikey V??? They said he wasn't there, but didn't give any explanation. It was very odd. Did he not want to participate? Did HGTV not invite him? Were they afraid he would burn up the screen with his hotness? I barely paid attention to the finale because I was too busy wondering why Mikey V wasn't there.

As for the winner? Meh. I liked both Matt and Jen and would've been ok with either of them winning. I really thought Matt would take it though. I guess it doesn't much matter because I probably wouldn't have watched either of their shows. I LOVED David who won the first season, but I've never bothered to watch his show. I just don't watch much HGTV, I guess.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-05-08, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: amikey V saving the world??"
He IS a police officer, after all, right?? At least that was MY thought of him not being there.....but then, the other, evil, side of me thought, maybe he's not there because he really hated being on that stupid show, and didn't want to show his adorable face again amongst so many of those rude and weird people, and have to see Micheal defend himself about crying in the elevator, and his relationship to his mommy, etc.....I dunno......

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •