The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"9/9's Episode: Who's room would YOU want to stay in??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences HGTV Design Star Forum (Protected)
Original message

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-09-07, 10:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"9/9's Episode: Who's room would YOU want to stay in??"
Let's be truthful here. You're booking one of those 2 rooms in Waikiki. You can have either for the same price. You're staying for 5 days. Which room would YOU choose, and why??

I would definitely choose Kim's, due to the peaceful, elegant way she put things together. It just flowed from one area to another, and I felt like it was 'homey' without losing its sophistication, at the same time. To me, Todd's was just too busy; however, I did love his idea of waking up to the ocean view!

I'd really like to hear what the rest of you think......

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 9/9's Episode: Who's room woul... riverrocker 09-09-07 1
   RE: 9/9's Episode: Who's room woul... mistyrose52 09-10-07 2
 RE: 9/9's Episode: Who's room woul... Bebo 09-10-07 3
 RE: 9/9's Episode: Who's room woul... jbug 09-10-07 4
   RE: 9/9's Episode: Who's room woul... udg 09-10-07 5
 Definitely Kim's... mom2bjm 09-10-07 6
 RE: 9/9's Episode: Who's room woul... katybo 09-11-07 7
 RE: 9/9's Episode: Who's room woul... Max Headroom 09-11-07 8
 RE: 9/9's Episode: Who's room woul... KwietOne 09-11-07 9
 RE: 9/9's Episode: Who's room woul... pinksparkleguitar 09-12-07 10
   RE: 9/9's Episode: Who's room woul... JessicaRN 09-12-07 11
       RE: 9/9's Episode: Who's room woul... mistyrose52 09-13-07 12
           RE: 9/9's Episode: Who's room woul... riverrocker 09-13-07 13
           RE: 9/9's Episode: Who's room woul... RealityTV007 09-14-07 15
 RE: 9/9's Episode: Who's room woul... geg6 09-14-07 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-09-07, 10:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 9/9's Episode: Who's room would YOU want to stay in??"
Agreed! DH and I talked about that very idea. He said that Todd's "blue everything" wasn't calm, restful, or peaceful...but the ocean-view was nice. We aren't even fans of golds, browns, or colors in those families, but we LOVED Kim's room!

As DH said, "At several hundred dollars a night, I'd take Kim's room any time."

Thought it interesting that she listened to the judges about taking out that awful carpet...but I thought Clive should have said they could do that. Will was wonderful to think of just sealing the concrete.

Todd was Todd. At first that was all "original" and "unique." Now, it is just the same-old, same-old. I would tire quickly of watching him on TV. Kim is calm.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-10-07, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 9/9's Episode: Who's room would YOU want to stay in??"
I missed the first few minutes, but not when they first saw the rooms they were going to re-do. I couldn't believe that NEITHER of them had thought to get rid of that ugly blue carpet!!

I had wondered if it was a matter of time, money, or both. Seeing Kim's face, and hearing her comments, sounds like it was a little of both. But yes, thank God for Will! I wonder if Rob would have thought of that, had he been assisting??

Good comments-didn't realize those rooms were THAT expensive!! When we stayed in Waikiki, we sure didn't have a beach view! We were 19 stories up in a dumpy-kind of place, with a view of the drainage ditch on one side! LOL. But I was just so thrilled to be there, I didn't give a rat's a$$!!! And I'd do it again in a heartbeat!!!

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-10-07, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 9/9's Episode: Who's room would YOU want to stay in??"
Kim's - and I just cast my vote online for her. She really does do an excellent job with the on-camera side of things. So what if she can't do a kitchen?

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-07, 09:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 9/9's Episode: Who's room would YOU want to stay in??"
I'd have to say Kim's also. Just a calmer more relaxing space.
Todd's blue was just too dark for me - but the ocean view from bed would be nice.

Todd also is getting a little too carried away during his on-camera time. Jumping up on the coffee table....
a little too much energy for a regular show for me.

Crusin w/ Tribe

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-10-07, 11:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 9/9's Episode: Who's room would YOU want to stay in??"
While he's always been energetic, the coffee table jump during the final on-camera bit felt forced to me--like he's created this persona, and now he's got to BE THAT GUY all the time.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

mom2bjm 1465 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-10-07, 11:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mom2bjm Click to send private message to mom2bjm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Definitely Kim's... "
Staying in Todd's would make me feel like I was IN the ocean with all that blue!

I did however like the idea of waking up to see the ocean, but just too much blue for me... with Jellyfish on the wall... no thanks!

My hippos love Tribe!

katybo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-11-07, 00:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail katybo Click to send private message to katybo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 9/9's Episode: Who's room would YOU want to stay in??"
I like Kim's room. Todd's looked like a room for teen-aged surfer dudes. I don't know of many teenagers who could afford to stay in an upscale hotel. Kim's was very classy looking. I think she appeals to the HGTV audience more than Todd does.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-07, 07:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: 9/9's Episode: Who's room would YOU want to stay in??"
Kim's. I thought Todd's suite was contrived and overly busy, and the idea of switching the two rooms didn't work for me. Kim's suite was much more relaxing and I liked the softer color scheme better.

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-11-07, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: 9/9's Episode: Who's room would YOU want to stay in??"
Kim all the way.

I was expecting to see something different from Todd, but it was the same ole same ole with the blue paint! It felt like I was staying in some Ikea-like hotel room meant for the early 20-something crowd. Seriously, what type of person would pay top bucks for a hotel suite with that kind of setup? What's with the jumping on the table? I felt like I had just drunk a quad espresso. The only thing I liked about Todd's room was the view from the bed. Although, the kitchen next to the bedroom seemed a bit un-feng shei-ish.

Kim, on the other hand, did an excellent job for her room. I liked the Asian influences throughout the room, and liked that constructed hanging wall separating the kitchen from the living room. I also liked how she positioned the sectional to have a view of the ocean. I would pay the rate commanded for such a hotel suite. I also liked what she did to the floor.

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-07, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: 9/9's Episode: Who's room would YOU want to stay in??"
Kim's, by all means.

'At some point people will realize that fair trade isn't
one option among many, it's a responsibility to other
humans.' --EFTA
If I had a blog it would be kinda like this...

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-07, 06:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: 9/9's Episode: Who's room would YOU want to stay in??"
Well, if this very tiny sample here is any indication, it should not even be close. Kim should win in a landslide, although I'm sure they'll all pretend that it was close. I did think the first blue room Todd did was pretty cool, but his surfer dude style wears thin pretty quickly. He kind of reminds me of the college frat boy that never really grew up. Not really attractive after a certain point.

09-13-07, 09:05 AM (EST)
12. "RE: 9/9's Episode: Who's room would YOU want to stay in??"
Agree. And I DO hope that those of us who voiced our opinions voted at least once for Kim-she really does deserve to win this.

I have to say that Todd grew on me, but as a person, not as a personality, if you know what I mean.

As I said before, we have Ty Pennington, if we want ADHD, and there's only so much of that most of us can handle. Being a school nurse for 6+ years, I say, give me mellow or give me whatever........not death, but not Todd, either.

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-13-07, 11:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: 9/9's Episode: Who's room would YOU want to stay in??"
>Agree. And I DO hope
>that those of us who
>voiced our opinions voted at
>least once for Kim-she really
>does deserve to win this.
>
>
Not only did I vote on all four days via Internet--I wasn't about to pay for it!--I also e-mailed about 40 friends, some from other countries, to log on and vote...and they said they did!

We're just hoping that Kim gets this one. But Todd will probably be hired on for "something" on HG.

RealityTV007 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-14-07, 06:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityTV007 Click to send private message to RealityTV007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: 9/9's Episode: Who's room would YOU want to stay in??"
LAST EDITED ON 09-14-07 AT 06:44 PM (EST)

haha, you are hilarious.

if we want ADHD, we have ty pennington-- so true!

i was really on the fence regarding Kim and Todd, but i think you really summed it up nicely. you made me swing down the Road of Kim. also, another person put it this way, there needs to be a few more fresh faced women on HGTV, and i definitely think Kim can fill that role.

too bad we can't vote anymore.

but luckily, i voted just in time.

you all should check out http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/design_star/ for more info.

i'll see you all there on Sunday @ 9pm for the results!

can't wait!

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

09-14-07, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: 9/9's Episode: Who's room would YOU want to stay in??"
Personally, I hated both of them.

Todd's was too theme-y, with way too much blue. He did make up for it a little with the ocean view idea.

Kim's was hideous. It looked like something out of a cheap Motel 6. I'd have nightmares there.

Neither were anything I'd expect to see in a luxury hotel room.

Horrible, both of them.

"And now the whole nation -- pulpit and all -- will take up the war-cry, and shout itself hoarse, and mob any honest man who ventures to open his mouth; and presently such mouths will cease to open. Next the statesmen will invent cheap lies, putting the blame upon the nation that is attacked, and every man will be glad of those conscience-soothing falsities, and will diligently study them, and refuse to examine any refutations of them; and thus he will by and by convince himself that the war is just, and will thank God for the better sleep he enjoys after this process of grotesque self-deception." Mark Twain

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •