The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Using officers for alliance destruction."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Pirate Master Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-08-07, 08:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Using officers for alliance destruction."
There are going to be times when a new captain is better off choosing their enemies to be officers instead of their friends. Officers don't vote.

Forget about buying loyalty with extra shares of the treasure and start thinking in terms of alliances. As captain, you can only nominate three people and ideally, one will go home -- with that one being someone other than you. If you pick your friends to be officers, you are choosing people who would normally vote the way you wanted them to. You are taking those votes out of the pool and making it that much less likely that your target for the evening will leave. Sure, you've given them some bonus money and in the thus-far unlikely case of a mutiny, you've got some support for your not going. But that's it. Effectively, two votes that would have worked in your favor just vanished. Nice work, captain.

On the other hand -- what if you pick two enemies? Sure, you have to choke down giving them extra prize money -- but now they can't vote any more. Obviously, you don't want primary enemies: alliance heads, major threats, and the like unless you're making a foolish attempt to swing them, silly you. You're not going to choose anyone you'll want to blackspot that night. You want secondary problems. Minions. Tagalongs who think they can seize a primary position later in the game.

If you do that, you've just taken their votes out of the pool. Two people who would probably vote to keep someone you wanted out have lost all their power for that court session. Yes, there's a risk of mutiny support -- but who ever heard of reality contestants unanimously agreeing on anything? And if you get to keep the big hat after the next expedition, you can use everything you've hopefully picked up during your first term to pick two new officers and ruin someone else's plans...

The fact that I've thought of this pretty much guarantees it'll never happen in the actual show.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Using officers for alliance des... geg6 06-08-07 1
   RE: Using officers for alliance des... Spanky68 06-08-07 2
 RE: Using officers for alliance des... Corvis 06-08-07 3
   RE: Using officers for alliance des... Estee 06-08-07 4
   RE: Using officers for alliance des... CTgirl 06-08-07 5
 RE: Using officers for alliance des... emydi 06-08-07 6
 RE: Using officers for alliance des... ohmyheck 06-08-07 7
   RE: Using officers for alliance des... Estee 06-08-07 8
       RE: Using officers for alliance des... emydi 06-08-07 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

06-08-07, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Using officers for alliance destruction."
This is scary.

I had pretty much the same thought as I watched last night. I wouldn't keep my allies as officers. I'd keep my enemies from voting. It's all about getting to the end.

I think these people have watched too much Survivor.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Spanky68 8092 desperate attention whore postings

06-08-07, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spanky68 Click to send private message to Spanky68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Using officers for alliance destruction."
We are again on the same wavelength. Just thought I would throw that out to spoil your weekend

Corvis 3116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-08-07, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Using officers for alliance destruction."
Well, except for one thing. Last night one of the officers (Ben?) had a confessional where he said something like the Captain and the officers pick the black spot people. Which made me wonder - does Captain have final say or does there have to be a consensus?

06-08-07, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Using officers for alliance destruction."
Captain's decision. Joe Don is just trying to help Ben feel like a big boy.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

06-08-07, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Using officers for alliance destruction."
I would imagine that the Captain would have final say, because that's the way captains operate. One advantage to being an officer would be to steer the black spot marks away from people you are friendly/aligned with and that the Captain isn't. It could help you down the road.

I like that the Captain has so much power and doesn't quite know how to use it. This is like the first survivor - people haven't figured out the best strategy. Being Captain now could make you marked for elimination as soon as your team loses (oops wrong show!)

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

06-08-07, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Using officers for alliance destruction."
I'm thinking if Jay ever is voted in (he won't volunteer) as captain he would have a clue about this and choose accordingly. He seems to be the only one with a brain...well maybe to a certain degree Ms. Obvious Cheryl has part of a brain...she knows the officer is the best place to be.

ohmyheck 1919 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

06-08-07, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmyheck Click to send private message to ohmyheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Using officers for alliance destruction."
But I'm pretty sure the rules state that both Officers must agree with the Mutiny for it to be carried out. Ben and Cheryl wouldn't vote to cut him adrift. I don't believe that putting your enemies in the officer position is the best move, as you could alienate your allies by giving them barely any food/money.

06-08-07, 03:08 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Using officers for alliance destruction."
As captain, you can share the resources (your share of the treasure, food, work assignments) however you see fit. Keeping allies happy isn't a problem -- and if your happy allies are in the voting pool, you shouldn't get a mutiny.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

06-08-07, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Using officers for alliance destruction."
right JD is being stupid...but he didn't know what would be rules when he picked Cheryl an Ben...so I think in that situation at beg of game I would pick my allies too

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •