The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"May 31st episode...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Pirate Master Forum (Protected)
Original message

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

06-01-07, 08:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"May 31st episode...."
First of all, I coudn't believe all that had happened, and it was only 22 minutes into the show....that's a good thing.

John did get the locks undone, and he did find the treasure, and he didn't even have the goggles!!! The others were searching around the banks under tree roots.

I didn't think John was as bad as they made him out to be....can't wait for when they need the compasses....and an exotic dancer, to boot? What were these girls thinking when they voted him off?

They kept a captain who kept half the treasure...when they knew the captain could share it???

I love the idea that they keep all the money they accrue, that's cool.

And the previews when the captain is eating a plate of food, and the crew is working and hungry. Nothing like a hungry jury, Captain!!! They might eat you alive!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: May 31st episode.... weltek 06-01-07 1
 RE: May 31st episode.... Spanky68 06-01-07 2
   RE: May 31st episode.... aquariaqueen 06-01-07 3
   RE: May 31st episode.... AZ_Leo 06-01-07 7
       RE: May 31st episode.... Spanky68 06-01-07 8
 RE: May 31st episode.... cipher5150 06-01-07 4
   RE: May 31st episode.... HistoryDetective 06-01-07 9
 RE: May 31st episode.... geekboy 06-01-07 5
   RE: May 31st episode.... Vixxxen 06-01-07 6
       RE: May 31st episode.... jase 06-01-07 10
           RE: May 31st episode.... qwertypie 06-01-07 11
               RE: May 31st episode.... Wallflower66 06-04-07 18
 RE: May 31st episode.... cycles2k 06-02-07 12
   RE: May 31st episode.... Ripley 06-03-07 13
       RE: May 31st episode.... Max Headroom 06-03-07 14
           RE: May 31st episode.... agman 06-03-07 15
               RE: May 31st episode.... cahaya 06-03-07 16
       RE: May 31st episode.... agman 06-03-07 17
       RE: May 31st episode.... tribephyl 06-04-07 19
           RE: May 31st episode.... Georgianna 06-05-07 20
               RE: May 31st episode.... cahaya 06-06-07 21
                   RE: May 31st episode.... Georgianna 06-07-07 25
                       RE: May 31st episode.... cahaya 06-10-07 28
               RE: May 31st episode.... CTgirl 06-06-07 22
               RE: May 31st episode.... michel 06-06-07 23
                   RE: May 31st episode.... CTgirl 06-06-07 24
                       RE: May 31st episode.... michel 06-07-07 26
                   RE: May 31st episode.... Georgianna 06-09-07 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-01-07, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: May 31st episode...."
Riiiico. Suuuuaaave.
Yeah, I think John was a little weird, but was very useful. However, I think his self interest presented a major risk to the other competitors. I can agree with the decision to a point.

I lost interest by the time the voting started...just like Survivor!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Spanky68 8092 desperate attention whore postings

06-01-07, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spanky68 Click to send private message to Spanky68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: May 31st episode...."
I thought John was a scary wanna be. Yes, he found the treasure. But if he had a shred of leadership ability, he might have gotten a vote for captain.

Then, when he lost, he might have waited for an opportunity instead of immediately playing the spoiled brat card. My preschoolers more self restraint than John showed.

And if he was such as successful exotic dancer, how come his come-on line "My horoscope told me to be ware of red-haired foxes" was such a dud?

I say good riddance to the nut job.

Flashy sig by RollDdice

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

06-01-07, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: May 31st episode...."
>Then, when he lost, he might
>have waited for an opportunity
>instead of immediately playing the
>spoiled brat card.

Absolutely right!

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-01-07, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: May 31st episode...."
his come-on line

Exotic dancers usually don't speak to get their point across, do they?

A tribephyl original

Spanky68 8092 desperate attention whore postings

06-01-07, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spanky68 Click to send private message to Spanky68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: May 31st episode...."
I have to plead ignorance on that one, AzLeo.

He had room to pole dance if that is his preferred method of seduction

Flashy sig by RollDdice

cipher5150 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-01-07, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cipher5150 Click to send private message to cipher5150 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: May 31st episode...."
My initial reaction to John’s cry baby response to not being voted Captain was clearly he has never seen an episode of Survivor or Big Brother. Way to paint a target on your back, Dude!

And as soon as he voiced his plan to mutiny I expected it would fail for several reasons:
1) The crews’ resentment for the Captain did not exceed their revulsion at John’s arrogance and creepiness,
2) Nobody reacts well to being extorted, which is what his plan was all about,
3) I think most of the crew realized that no matter who is Captain that person is probably going to be resented or disliked so why rock the boat, and
4) It really was too early in the game for a strategy like his to work since there is too much unknown about what will happen if the mutiny was successful. Would John have automatically become the Captain – I don’t think many on the crew would have been too happy about that. If they had to vote for a new Captain he may not have been chosen and then they’d have to listen to him whine about that for another two days. Or maybe something completely different and unexpected could have happened and I expect some of the players are not yet ticked off enough to find out.

Having said that I’m sorry to see John go. He was a weirdly interesting guy and I would have liked to see more of his interactions with the rest of the players. I’m reminded that when Survivor first started one of the reasons I got hooked was that every time I watched I found myself saying, “ I can’t believe they didn’t vote that fat naked jerk out – how can they be so stupid!” And I wonder if it would have been as interesting if Hatch had been voted out early. Oh well, Burnett doesn’t need to worry about that now as I am officially a reality tv junkie now. At least we still have Louie…

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

06-01-07, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: May 31st episode...."
He was a weirdly interesting guy and I would have liked to see more of his interactions with the rest of the players.

And more of his abs...

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

06-01-07, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: May 31st episode...."
I honestly tried to watch this show...and did not like it. I think this one is going to sink pretty fast. Pun intended.

geekboy

I love puppies! S. Cowell

Vixxxen 107 desperate attention whore postings

06-01-07, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Vixxxen Click to send private message to Vixxxen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: May 31st episode...."
I agree it's going to sink fast. There is not going to be another season so I'm not going to waste my time with it this summer. The show seems so cheesy and staged but most of all ...boring. I don't think it's a reality show at all. More like reality mixed with fantasy...a fatality...pun intended also.

jase 187 desperate attention whore postings

06-01-07, 05:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jase Click to send private message to jase Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: May 31st episode...."
I won't be watching this again as well. The dialogue during the 'Pirate Court' pretty much sealed the deal for me. It's just too plain stupid (and staged) to waste my time watching.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

06-01-07, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: May 31st episode...."
Well, there is always the drinking game....

It's how I survived Apprentice, Big Brother, Bachelor, DWTS, Treasure Hunters, TARFE, AI, antm....And NO, I do NOT have a PROBLEM. I could watch these shows sober, honest I could. I just don't see the point.

Wallflower66 2394 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

06-04-07, 00:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wallflower66 Click to send private message to Wallflower66 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: May 31st episode...."
I could watch these shows sober, honest I could. I just don't see the point.

I'll drink to that!

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-02-07, 02:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: May 31st episode...."
The pirate theme became old about 30 minutes in. It took me a while to decide if I liked the show but I finally decided that I will watch at least a couple more episodes despite the shortcomings. It does have some decent MB editing.

Too bad they dumped one of the more interesting and competent characters but at least Rupert Louie is still there.

I dislike Joe. Perhaps I'll watch just to see him voted off the island ship.

Ripley 196 desperate attention whore postings

06-03-07, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ripley Click to send private message to Ripley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: May 31st episode...."
I'm going to give it more time,but I just don't understand some things about how certain things workout.I don't know much about sailing but when they get down to three or four people will they be able to sail a ship that size?Also if the Captain gets booted what happens to the first and second mate?Will they pick different teams each time and do the first and second mate join them?I will have more later.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

06-03-07, 09:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: May 31st episode...."
Finally got around to watching the episode off the TiVo, and I can't say I liked it too much. We only thought Survivor had lame challenges; this one came down to who could row faster as the puzzles had no substance to them.

I'll watch one more episode to see how they handle the captain and officers when the next treasure search comes around. After that, well... we'll see. It needs to get better soon.

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

06-03-07, 09:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: May 31st episode...."
After the buildup for it, I thought it might be more survivor-like. I'm not sure either. I will watch it all season unless it really goes south...

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

06-03-07, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: May 31st episode...."
I will watch it all season unless it really goes south...

Hey, it's being shot in Dominica, and from an American viewpoint, that's going about as far south as you can get!

Piracy on the high seas & hoisting of the Jolly Roger by agman

Yeah, I'll probably watch it all season, too. Either way, north or south, I've got this fascination for watching inevitable train wrecks.

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

06-03-07, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: May 31st episode...."
My wife had been asking the same thing. I wonder if the will bring in a crew

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

06-04-07, 04:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: May 31st episode...."
when they get down to three or four people will they be able to sail a ship that size?

Lucky for the cast, there is a whole crew of real sailors sailing the ship. The "Ghost" Crew stays out of view but are the real captains of the ship.
So even when we're left with 6 or less piratewannabes, the ship will continue to stay afloat. (Although, knowing Burnett, he may have some sort of Island Marooning planned for the final5 or something. That way they don't have to explain the lack of crew available to sail a ship of it's size. Due to the new land based "twist".)

As far as the intricasies of the shows weekly layout, I have no hard or fast answers, yet within some of the current preview video captures for next weeks show, it looks like everyone starts out on the same level for the next Treasure Hunt segment.
I'm guessing that whichever team finds the 2nd treasure will again vote for a new captain. (Or keep the old one if they choose.) And the rest of it plays out like it did the first week. 2 Officers, 3 BlackMarks, 1 Marooning.

But my record on correctly predicting these things is notriously lacking any noticable checkmarks.

I'd provide the link to the "spoiler" viccaps but it feels wrong to do so in a clearly fanatics/bashers topic.
But if you want to see the viccaps in question you can find it by looking for ScarlettOHara's Ep.2 Spoiler Thread.
In this Forum.

Georgianna 514 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-07, 11:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: May 31st episode...."
LAST EDITED ON 06-06-07 AT 01:01 AM (EST)

Hi!

I hope that after the concluding episode airs, the Picton Castle Website will publish a sampling of what I imagine are hundreds of candid snapshots/vignettes of the interaction between the cast of Pirate Master and the ship’s crew and complement of sail trainees. For example:

Just as ‘going aloft’ (the topmost rope perch is eight stories above the deck) is optional for the ship’s trainees it was, evidently, optional for the show’s castmembers. And I think we would have been treated to some really interesting footage if we had been privy to the vetting process.

But, we are early in the show, so perhaps this criticism is a bit premature. Maybe we’ll yet discover who really tried, who didn’t bother, and who actually made it to the top (and managed to stow a sail when she got there).

And I may be in a distinct minority when I say that I would have much preferred that Pirate Master’s producers had opted to tell me a credible, suspenseful tale of modern swashbucklers from diverse backgrounds a’treasurehuntin’ in Dominica from their base aboard an illustrious world-sailer …

Or that they had cast the show from a pool of tall-ship sailors with equally diverse backgrounds, a mastery of traditional seafaring skills and a store of pirate lore sufficient to the task of recreating a rollicking (and realistic) 18th Century race for gold and glory in the Caribbean …

Rather than to trick out a perfectly good ship (although I must admit that I think that the black and red hull scheme was a splendid idea), hide its superlative crew, layer bad period costuming over miniscule swimwear plastered upon outrageously amateur overactors and then veneer the whole too-camp debacle in faux reptiles, relics and rituals.

But, if jase’s post above is any indication, I am at least not a minority of one for whom the dialogue during Episode One’s Pirate Court was just “too stupid (and staged)” …

Reportedly (by our host), John is an “intelligent” lad. Yet, when faced with what a reasonable person would assume to be a rather dismal end to his mini-career as the lecherous lubber gone to sea, John pursued a course of action and, eventually, a defense that on its face can only be described as … inane.

Now, it doesn’t matter what we saw. Editing will have its way with reality. But, John was there. And so was every member of the ‘Court’ that was, purportedly, about to be the sole determinant of his fate.

There, surrounded by cameras and lights and props and hundreds of CBS and Picton Castle production and sailing personnel.

There, in the middle of a multi-million-dollar investment with a budget and a timetable and a success/failure factor dependent upon the execution of elaborate, predetermined legs involving multiple repositionings of its central ‘set’ and the conduct of subsequent ‘treasure hunts’.

There in front of a ‘Court’ whose every member knew that (1) For a host of legal, pecuniary and moral reasons, there was no way in hell that Cap’n J.D., or any other individual castmember, or group of castmembers, was going to be permitted to navigate/command the Picton Castle (the Crew Journal entry that you linked very carefully notes that the cast mastered ‘most sail handling maneuvers’ and successfully performed many of the routine housekeeping/maintenance tasks aboard … only) and that (2) For a host of legal, pecuniary and amoral reasons, there was no way in hell that John, or any other individual castmember, or group of castmembers, was going to be permitted to sabotage/scuttle a CBS/Mark Burnett enterprise.

All of which begs the question: What then was John’s defense/threat about? Because, as I've said, taken at face value it was totally inane. Absolute bull. Pfft! personified. A farce.

And everyone there, including the ‘intelligent … perhaps too intelligent’, ‘loose cannon’ on the deck, knew it.

Because when compasses were required to locate a ‘treasure’ (on schedule), they could all bet their bottom doubloon that there would be compasses. And when the ship needed moving (on schedule), they could double-up that bet: the ship would get moved.

So, the only answer that makes sense to me is that it was (1) attempted blackmail and (2) failing the success of the first, payback. Remember the stripper’s parting shot: ‘They didn’t care about the compasses.’?

Of course, the only response to that is ‘Duh! We don't have to care about them, you dolt!’ But perhaps that was precisely the chain-rattling response that the ‘dolt’ hoped to evoke/provoke with his (I think, extensively self-rehearsed but unscripted) on-camera exposure of the extremely shallow depth of Pirate Master reality. And while the gambit didn’t keep John on the show, it did, I think, occasion the hasty scripting of J.D’s hilariously lame (and transparently disingenuous) ‘navigation’ soliloquy.

And I’ll wager that, although he’ll certainly be remembered, John isn’t going to make many new Christmas Card lists …

But, I have a tendency to read into most situations a complexity that isn’t really there. So, I’d love to see Michel or another ‘Editing Analysis’ guru begin a thread dedicated to that art in this forum. Because, whether I’m right or wrong about John’s behavior, I do think that Pirate Master is going to be a treasure of contrivance beyond compare!

That’s enough to keep me watching.

BTW: I think that there is going to be a difference made between ‘Adrift’ and ‘Marooned’. That the latter (the abandonment of a contestant upon a fixed point of land to which the ship can … believably … return) is going to be used as the ‘Exile Island’ component of this show.

Too, if anyone is interested in a bit more insight into the making of Pirate Master, I recommend this entry in Captain Dan Moreland’s Log.

06-06-07, 01:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: May 31st episode...."
Interesting post, with some poignant observations and comments. I liked the reading and the insights.

Piracy on the high seas & hoisting of the Jolly Roger by agman

06-07-07, 06:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: May 31st episode...."
LAST EDITED ON 06-07-07 AT 06:47 AM (EST)

cahaya,

Thank you for the kind words and the smile. Although I’ve always understood his message, I’ve never seemed to be able to apply the lesson in good writing (or speech, for that matter) that Mark Twain intended when he said ‘I didn’t have the time to write a short letter, so I’ve written a long one instead’. And I’m always pleasantly surprised when someone actually manages to make it to the end of one of my convoluted attempts to ‘splain myself. When they enjoy the too-long journey, it tickles me to death …

Speaking of time …

I’ve also not had enough to rerun Episode One to see if I missed an emphasis on the importance (and scarcity) of Pirate Master compasses that would make John’s defense/threat a logical one. Something along the lines of ‘In this game, the ability to strike a true course is life. So, value and protect the compasses you’ve been given accordingly. You won’t be given more.’

So, hoping that you have enough to write one of your concise and clear posts in reply, did I?

06-10-07, 02:52 AM (EST)
28. "RE: May 31st episode...."
Yes, you did!

The missing compasses were obviated by the 'compass plate and spoon' the very next episode. Now tell me that wasn't a plant. Sorta like the producers saying, "Hey, John boy, we ain' gonna let you screw up the show by your keeping a couple of souvenirs to auction on e-bay!"

Any bets on how soon more compasses will show up in the treasure chest?

"The time to begin writing an article is when you have finished it to your satisfaction. By that time you begin to clearly and logically perceive what it is that you really want to say." -- Mark Twain

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-07, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: May 31st episode...."
One of the things I'm waiting to see is if the close quarters on the boat starts to get on people's nerves. (One of the reasons that John was a unanimous vote?!) Anyone who has spent any time on a sailboat, even the size of Picton Castle, knows that there is no place to go to escape from everyone else. Even on shore they will all be together. It could create some memorable moments. And will the effects of the close quarters help determine who cuts cut adrift?

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-07, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: May 31st episode...."
LAST EDITED ON 06-06-07 AT 01:42 PM (EST)

>"So, I’d love to see Michel
>or another ‘Editing Analysis’
>guru begin a thread dedicated
>to that art in this forum."

Really?? You want to impose that torture on me!

From memory, We had several "pirates" completely ignored from the confessionals: Azmyth, Nessa, Jupiter, Laurel, Sean, Kendra and Christa weren't introduced. The stories of these players could be developed soon but if they stay invisible another week, look for quick exits.

JD, Ben, Cheryl, Joy and Louie had many confessionals due to their roles in this episode. Besides the episode #1 story, we got a glimpse of:

- The personality of Louie and JD: Louie talking about not being afraid of the work needed on a ship and JD talking about his naval experience and his leadership qualities. A conflict was developed between Louie and the captain. I don't know if that will continue once JD isn't captain or is Louie's anger always going to be towards the weekly captain. The long term prospects of both would be better served if it becomes a personal conflict. Lets not forget that Louie is a character that would always attract the camera, so that could be a distraction.

- The strategy of Ben and Cheryl: Ben talked about staying under the radar and Cheryl told us she knows how the criminal mind works. If those stories get developed once they return to being deck-hands, it would serve them well.

On the other hand, Joy's confessionals were all about her sea-sickness and her vulnerability at PC. The only positive point was hearing JD saying that everybody likes her. Will that be her story? It's not much to go on.

I hold more hope for the players who weren't intrinsic to the story but were still featured, with one exception:

- Christian had a few confessionals but considering his "star" status, it isn't promising. Compared to Gary "Hawkins" in Guatemala, I don't think Christian is in for very long.

- Alexis had quite a few confessionals and many reaction shots during the PC. We also had a quote from John that could either be seen as showing his weirdness or setting up Alexis. When John said: "My astrologer told me to beware of a red haired fox" he was talking to Alexis. If only Alexis had been more focused on by the camera at the time, I'd say that could be our million dollar quote but we almost had to guess John was talking to her. Still, unnecessarily, Alexis' character was shown in episode #1. It could be a good sign compared to the ones that were ignored,

- Jay was the star of the show even without a role. He has a unique look but he didn't come across as a character "ŕ la" Shane or Dreamz. Being the narrator of the troubles of the red team and having all of his reactions shown during the episode is a sure sign we'll be following his story for a while.

We might also have an Outcast twist to blur the stories. We had one the last time Burnett had a pirate theme season.

Guess I did have something to say once I got started. I don't know about starting a thread however. Lets see how episode #2 goes and if there's interest.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-07, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: May 31st episode...."
Yea, Michel. I always like to hear what you have to say about editing. You summed up everything pretty well. Like you said, Jay was a big-time narrator; Ben, Cheryl and Alexis narrated for the Black Team. The two people who made the most impact on me visually were Jupiter and Sean. The camera cut to Jupiter 3 or 4 times while CD was telling the pirate Henry Steele story and also cut to her when they were told they were demoted. Sean had one confessional about having salt water in his veins, stated the Captain should share the money and was focused on in many scenes.

The other thing that blipped on my radar was when Ben lost his shoe in the mud. It obviously was included to add to the drama of the race, but it seemed like it was drawn out for some reason. I'm probably making things up, but we'll see how Ben is portrayed once he's not an officer.

I think a casual discussion of the editing would be fun (maybe just in the discussion of the weekly episode), but this is the summertime and no long analysis or torture allowed!

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

06-07-07, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: May 31st episode...."
Thank you CTGirl for reminding me of Sean's confessional. The "salt-water in my veins" would have been a nice introduction except Sean's introduction was Louie laughing at him for oversleeping. At least we didn't hear him say that Sean was lazy which, in Burnett's world, is the kiss of death.

Georgianna, I apologize for forgetting to address the compass issue. I usually don't look at eliminated players. The compasses were only given to find the treasure not to navigate the Picton Castle, which our pirates won't have much to do with anyway. The ship was already at the mouth of the river when the compasses were given out. Burnett used John's trick to show him as selfish and give an excuse for his boot. It reminded me of BB telling Ramona: "We won't tell anyone the location of the water hole so they can't vote us out." They were Pagong's first 2 boots! Just as BB wouldn't have been allowed to leave with the map, I'm sure John couldn't really sabotage the game. Why not let him look foolish?

To get your forgiveness for omitting my answer, here's something you may find amusing: The Picton Castle has been known as a tourist attraction for a while. I had a friend from New-Brunswick who said, in French, when first seeing it:

"Pitou Castré, what a weird name for a ship!"

I'll let you find the translation to understand why I laughed so much!

06-09-07, 09:30 AM (EST)
27. "RE: May 31st episode...."
LAST EDITED ON 06-09-07 AT 09:34 PM (EST)

So, I’d love to see Michel or another ‘Editing Analysis’ guru begin a thread dedicated to that art in this forum.

Really?? You want to impose that torture on me! ...

I hold more hope for the players who weren't intrinsic to the story but were still featured, with one exception:

- Christian had a few confessionals but considering his "star" status, it isn't promising. Compared to Gary "Hawkins" in Guatemala, I don't think Christian is in for very long ...

Guess I did have something to say once I got started. I don't know about starting a thread however. Lets see how episode #2 goes and if there's interest.

And it was, truly, enough said. It cannot be called 'torture' when it's so much appreciated and it cannot want for interest when it's so amazingly right!

So, to you and to CTgirl ...

Bravo!

Thank you!

And, more please!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •