The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"If Bill was the mole?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Mole Clues & Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

elmoleo 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-07-02, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail elmoleo Click to send private message to elmoleo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"If Bill was the mole?"
Why didnt he elect to see the dossiere in the last exemption?

The mole just gave the applicants 100,000$ for no reason. Thats why the mole is so difficult to find because he can be completely inconsistent.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: If Bill was the mole? Red Lady 08-07-02 1
   RE: If Bill was the mole? Jims02 08-07-02 2
       RE: If Bill was the mole? dabo 08-07-02 3
           RE: If Bill was the mole? Efjendar 08-07-02 4
               RE: If Bill was the mole? SurvivorBlows 08-07-02 5
                   RE: If Bill was the mole? Jims02 08-07-02 7
                       RE: If Bill was the mole? Efjendar 08-08-02 10
                           Hollywood Think dabo 08-08-02 11
                               RE: Hollywood Think Efjendar 08-08-02 13
               RE: If Bill was the mole? sherlock 08-09-02 16
           Agree AyaK 08-07-02 6
               RE: Agree xxinvincible 08-07-02 8
                   Thanks AyaK 08-07-02 9
 Inconsistency by ABC HeatherFan 08-08-02 12
   RE: Inconsistency by ABC Peacemaker 08-08-02 14
       RE: Inconsistency by ABC HeatherFan 08-09-02 15
           RE: Inconsistency by ABC dabo 08-09-02 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Red Lady 2010 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-07-02, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Red%20Lady Click to send private message to Red%20Lady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: If Bill was the mole?"
"Thats why the mole is so difficult to find because
he can be completely inconsistent."

I think that's called: acting molish!

Redards,

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-07-02, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: If Bill was the mole?"
I've been wondering about that too...

I saw that as a STUPID move.

Look at it. All the other players knew it was him already, so declining 100K wouldn't really confuse the other players. It could, but it likely wouldn't.

I know this sounds mean (or sadistic), but I would have read it if I was the mole. But that's just me!
-----------------------------------
Quotes of the week:
1. "Al, do you think you could move just a little?"-Myra
2. "Ewww... Patrick, no... I don't want to see that."-Heather
3. "I really hope Darwin doesn't realize I have a coalition with Dorothy, or... that could be bad."-Lisa
4. "Gas station attendants... They no NOTHING about flat tires... Let's ask these tourists!"-Darwin
5. "I swear, Rob, if this freaks me out I'm gonna punch you."-Anderson
6. "Those hills are a b!tch."-Anderson
7. "Um, thanks guys for not liking me!" (waves the $ at them)-Elavia
8. "They do look like piercing blue eyes, Heather, but I don't get it. He's totally making out with (that girl)."- Bribs
9. "I was a little surprised when Anderson came into my room in a suit. He usually just comes into my room in his pajamas, just his bottoms usually."-Darwin
10. "Man, I'm screwed."-Dorothy
11. (creepily) "Tiny bubbles... In my wine... Makes me happy."-Anderson

12. "I'll tell ya... I don't understand a thing, but I enjoy riding!!! " -Bill

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-02, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: If Bill was the mole?"
Perhaps he was instructed to raise the jackpot towards the end (though they would probably never admit it), he did single-handedly push the money over half-a-million. Or perhaps he was trying to mislead the others into thinking he wasn't the mole. I can't think of any reason for any player, except someone who was out to win as much as possible and was reasonably certain of the mole's identity, to not take the dossier.

SMILES ARE FREE

Efjendar 284 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-07-02, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Efjendar Click to send private message to Efjendar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: If Bill was the mole?"
I believe it was all ratings driven and so Bill was instructed to raise the pot. Why would people want to watch a show with a low jackpot when there other shows with larger jackpots?

OTOH if we are shown the dossier info, then we would know Bill is the Mole.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-02, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: If Bill was the mole?"
>Why would people want to watch a show with a
>low jackpot when there other shows with larger jackpots?

I can't speak for anyone else, but the fact that the winner si getting $600k+ has NOTHING to do with why I watch the show. Nor does Survivor's $1mil have anything to do with the enjoyment that I get from that show, or TAR's jackpot or Big Brother's.

Do you really only watch the show because you know someone is going to be handed a big check at the end? I don't understand that...

-SB

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-02, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: If Bill was the mole?"
I don't really think about the money either. I mean, winning $1 million on Survivor versus winning 636K on the Mole doesn't make much of a difference to me!!!

Heck, I'd take $100K for winning a show!!!
-----------------------------------
Quotes of the week:
1. "Al, do you think you could move just a little?"-Myra
2. "Ewww... Patrick, no... I don't want to see that."-Heather
3. "I really hope Darwin doesn't realize I have a coalition with Dorothy, or... that could be bad."-Lisa
4. "Gas station attendants... They no NOTHING about flat tires... Let's ask these tourists!"-Darwin
5. "I swear, Rob, if this freaks me out I'm gonna punch you."-Anderson
6. "Those hills are a b!tch."-Anderson
7. "Um, thanks guys for not liking me!" (waves the $ at them)-Elavia
8. "They do look like piercing blue eyes, Heather, but I don't get it. He's totally making out with (that girl)."- Bribs
9. "I was a little surprised when Anderson came into my room in a suit. He usually just comes into my room in his pajamas, just his bottoms usually."-Darwin
10. "Man, I'm screwed."-Dorothy
11. (creepily) "Tiny bubbles... In my wine... Makes me happy."-Anderson

12. "I'll tell ya... I don't understand a thing, but I enjoy riding!!! " -Bill

08-08-02, 00:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Efjendar Click to send private message to Efjendar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: If Bill was the mole?"
No, I don't watch for the amount of money either. But I believe people would rather watch the team win than lose. The Mole could sabotage every game, but then it would be no fun to watch the team become dejected and give up before the end of the series.

08-08-02, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Hollywood Think"
Most people probably don't give a hoot how much money someone wins, but Hollywood folk tend to think in $ signs a lot! The last thing that the producers would have wanted would have been for the jackpot to have been less than it was in the first Mole. This will also probably be true for Mole 3 as well, so let's keep this in mind for when the mole may act inconsistant towards the end (if it happens; of course they always could simply raise the reward amounts thoughout the game, but they probably won't).

And AyaK, I agree about Heather, I felt sorry for her at the end as well. She played a smart, intuitive game (from what I saw), and should be proud of finishing second, but it is a shame she collapsed during the final days.

SMILES ARE FREE

08-08-02, 02:31 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Hollywood Think"
...Hollywood folk tend to think in $ signs a lot!

that's precisely what I was getting at (thanks for putting words in my mouth ). Maybe someday the pot will even be the $1 million Anderson alludes to in the opening sequence.

Go Mole 3, Mole 4, Mole 5, Mole 6...

sherlock 450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-09-02, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sherlock Click to send private message to sherlock Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: If Bill was the mole?"
I don't think that they would have shown us the dossier's information.

Elementary, my dear Watson!"

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-02, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Agree"
LAST EDITED ON 08-07-02 AT 05:54 PM (EST)

Yeah, I think the producers wanted to raise the prize for the winner. I seem to remember joking after Mole 1 that Steven won two flat bicycle tires and some rusty bottlecaps after all the sabotage -- even though he really won $530K.

I don't think the producers wanted Dorothy or Heather to take home the same amount, and that's all she would have gotten, despite the extra episodes, if Bill had kept the dossier.

One thing that I thought was fascinating, though, was that Heather wasn't being moleish at the end -- she was really on the verge of collapse during the last competition, even though she and Dorothy both knew Bill was the mole. Although I had picked Dorothy to win, I felt sorry for Heather as she was crying behind the locked door ... and I thought she did a great job of drying her tears and looking happy for Dorothy.

One more thought: I love the idea that Bill made an immediate coalition with Darwin!

xxinvincible 101 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-07-02, 10:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xxinvincible Click to send private message to xxinvincible Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Agree"
>I seem
>to remember joking after Mole
>1 that Steven won two
>flat bicycle tires and some
>rusty bottlecaps after all the
>sabotage -- even though he
>really won $530K.

Actually, he won $510K

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-02, 10:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Thanks"

HeatherFan 11 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-02, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HeatherFan Click to send private message to HeatherFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Inconsistency by ABC"
I have been boredline angry about this myself. It weas a blatant attempt by ABC to shift the role of the mole towards the end of the game when they were convicned that Heather and Dorothy were both sure that Bill was the mole.

The true purpose of the mole was to cause the players to LOSE games and money, not to fool viewers and make the show more suspenseful. While the idea was to do it discreetly, and in hiding, I don't think that adding $100,000 to the pot on the final day makes any sense and in no way fits the mole's "job description".

It was a blatant attempt to build suspense for the viewer, and contradicted the whole point of the game.

That said, I still LOVE this show and am SO HAPPY that there is at least hope for a Mole 3 based on the newest comments from ABC.

Peacemaker 73 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-08-02, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Peacemaker Click to send private message to Peacemaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Inconsistency by ABC"
The role of the mole is to sabotage teh games so they are harder for the players to win. He must do this while staying UTR. This means he can't lose every game. Weather he takes the $100,000 of not makes no difference Since everyone alredy knew Bill was the mole, the game was over and the pot was low the producers tell him to add the money to the pot. I have no problem with this.

HeatherFan 11 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-02, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HeatherFan Click to send private message to HeatherFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Inconsistency by ABC"
Well as someone who still was undecided, that move swung me over to Dorothy. It annoys me that I was duped by a blatant violation of the rules. And it annoys me that we never got to see Heather in a thong. She was a cutie....

08-09-02, 10:18 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Inconsistency by ABC"
LAST EDITED ON 08-09-02 AT 10:20 AM (EST)

And it annoys me that we never got to see Heather in a thong.

ditto.

Heather should do a Maxim pictorial, she is hot. Too bad she's engaged, yah.

SMILES ARE FREE

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •