The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"It's ERIK - The old double negative clue - "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Mole Clues & Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

KNOWDAMOLE 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-06-03, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KNOWDAMOLE Click to send private message to KNOWDAMOLE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"It's ERIK - The old double negative clue - "
Did you notice last night at the end of the episode Kathy and Freddy both said "I'm not the mole" and Erik said, "No, I'm not the mole"?

An obvious double negative, so obvious that the producers would have retook his comment, unless it was intentional!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: It's ERIK - The old double nega... clemsonbeav 02-06-03 1
   RE: It's ERIK - The old double nega... Q 02-06-03 2
       RE: It's ERIK - The old double nega... TourGirl 02-06-03 4
   RE: It's ERIK - The old double nega... Jims02 02-06-03 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

clemsonbeav 4203 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-06-03, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail clemsonbeav Click to send private message to clemsonbeav Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: It's ERIK - The old double negative clue - "
Having just posted an English/grammar/syntax post over in General...I'll attempt to recount my grammar lessons from the 10th grade.

"No, I'm not the mole" is correct and does not contain a double negative. The "No" at the beginning is an introductory adverb and is used as an indicator that the following clause or sentence is a negation of what was previously stated or implied. The "not" in the main sentence is also in a different clause as the "No." If Erik would have said, "No, I'm the mole," it would be like him saying, "Contrary to your belief, I am the mole." If he would have said, "Yes, I'm not the mole," it would mean, "I am agreeing with you in that I am not the mole."

Wait, I'm a CompSci major. I'm supposed to hate English. I'll shut up now.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-06-03, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: It's ERIK - The old double negative clue - "
Although I am terrible in grammer, I agree with Beav. It is not a double negative. But then again that does not change the fact that he worded that phrase in a strange way. Unless he was replying to a question or something.

Like: are you the mole?
Eric: No, I am not the mole.

Otherwise who knows?

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

TourGirl 98 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-06-03, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TourGirl Click to send private message to TourGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: It's ERIK - The old double negative clue - "
I agree with the grammatical correctness of the sentence as well. Also, I agree with the fact that Erik (as well as Kathy and Frederique) could've been asked "Are you the Mole?" rather than just told to say "I'm not the Mole." It would probably make their answers look more natural on camera. On the other hand, his answer WAS still different from the other two, so who knows!

Sara

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-06-03, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: It's ERIK - The old double negative clue - "
Same goes with Spanish...

?Hablas espanol?

No, no hablo espanol.

There goes any Spanish Mole theory...

-----------------------------------------------------------
The Quotes are back!
1. "But it makes you wonder... Why was Erik so conservative all day, but so spunky with the sheep?" -Stephen
2. "Screw you guys, I'm going home" -Erik von Cartman
-----------------------------------------------------------

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •