The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top Chef NY Ep 2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Top Chef Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-20-08, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top Chef NY Ep 2"
Canned crab is so like yesterday. But can anyone splain to me about them boiled olives? I mean, I love olives, soft-boiled olives is something I never heard of before. This I gotta try.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top Chef NY Ep 2 KwietOne 11-20-08 1
 RE: Top Chef NY Ep 2 aquariaqueen 11-21-08 2
 RE: Top Chef NY Ep 2 frodis 11-23-08 3
   RE: Top Chef NY Ep 2 Asrai 11-24-08 4
 RE: Top Chef NY Ep 2 jbug 11-25-08 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-20-08, 06:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 2"
Anything involving Padma immediately spitting out food is grounds for automatic elimination. LOL

It was so funny when Fabio was defending his dish when in fact the judges loved it!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-21-08, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 2"
Using store bought hotdogs??? Seriously!!!!

Ariane is skating on thin ice....

Fabio was cute....

I liked seeing Collichio's restaurant.

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-23-08, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 2"
I like Hosea. I don't know why, really. I think he reminds me of an old friend of mine. Either way, when he chose canned crab meat I sang the "dum dee dumm dumm" death march to Mr. Fro. If I'm not a chef, and I know that it's a bad idea to use canned crab meat on Top Chef, why didn't Hosea? I guess his idea of "fresh" fish is the Boulder, Colorado definition of "fresh" as opposed to the coastal definition of "fresh." Oh, Hosea, I want you to stick around, so please don't be a dunce. Okay, thanks.

That ostrich egg that Jill used kind of squicked me out when she broke it into the bowl. I know, it's just an egg. It was just so much egg. Her defense of herself was understandable since she was obviously placed on the spot and was at a loss for words, but regardless, it was pretty bad. "Um, I, um. . . it was like, uh. . . so then I. . . yeah. . . so. . . um. . . shabadoo." *nod* By the way, her hot dog sushi was also gross.

Note to the rest of the Top Chefs. Patrick got the boot because he didn't know what he was doing with black rice noodles. Jill got the boot because she didn't know what she was doing with ostrich egg. Don't do things that you don't know how to do. Creativity only gets you points if it tastes good.

I want a sound bite of Stefan saying "there's nothing wrong with my hot dog." I'd play it over and over and over and laugh every time. Yes, I'm a 13 year old boy at heart.

About Fabio's olives. Also a squick for me. Honestly, the first thing I thought about was how spiders inject their food full of venom, and the food bug's innards turn to goo, and the spider sucks out all of the innard-goo. I shouldn't be thinking of bug-innard-goo when I'm eating. I do like beef carpaccio, and I'm sure that his dish tasted good, but seeing those little squishey olives burst when poked just made me think of other things that burst when poked, like zits. Uck.

Also about Fabio's olives: I don't think they were soft boiled. I believe they were pureed, and dropped into some chemical liquid that solidified the outsides while keeping the insides all gooey. Molecular gastronomy rears its ugly head yet again.

I think Carla should have shredded her cheese and baked it into her pie crust if she wanted to have cheese in her little apple tart pie thingy. One amateur's opinion.

Pretty blonde boy (I forget his name) who has issues with getting his plates done on time needs to get his plates done on time.

Dear two guys who look alike except for creative beard management by one of you: please differentiate yourselves. I'm not sure which of you did what. I think one of you made a fairly normal hot dog that made me want to go get hot dogs, but I'm not sure which of you to blame.

I like Radikah but I think she's doomed. She's too nice and too apologetic and too unsure of herself. Dang, though, her hot dog kebab looked yummy.

Ariane. I swear they're keeping around just to mess with her head. If she's in the bottom two again, and survives, Fabio will be able to make olive goo out of her, she'll be so useless. Slurp.

Arkie Autumn Art!

Asrai 6083 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-08, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Asrai Click to send private message to Asrai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 2"
re: Fabio's olives....Fro, I find it very hard trying to decide if I either want to roll around on the floor in hysterical laughter, or heaving into a trashcan! You olive-goo was so spot on, my dear....as was the rest of your post! Thank you and I *heart* you muchly!

Pretty blonde boy = Jeffrey

Face time with Slice

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-08, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 2"
Finally! I got a chance to watch this one (BTW, why were they showing all the old season eps lately?)
There are still chefs that seems we don't see much of.

My name is Jbug and I'm a shopaholic (Agman is too)

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •