The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top Chef NY Ep 3"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Top Chef Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-27-08, 02:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top Chef NY Ep 3"
Hey, no fair making potatoes in the rain! Way no fair!. Rain is all like discombobulating or something.

On the other hand, anyone who says the words "al dente potatoes", I gotta laugh.

The Thanksgiving theme for this ep was timely, but seriously how to fit the FooFighters rock band into it was a stretch even if they do follow the show. I'm all confoosed like.

It actually was a very challenging ep for the chefs. Had I been reduced to toaster ovens and microwaves for a holiday feast I'd have just said: "Screw it, we're going to Cracker Barrel."

Still, though, al dente potatoes, how that guy didn't lose I don't know, there is almost nothing worse than undercooked potatoes. No ketchup even, Raw potato!

Lesson learned, a nasty sweatened pumpkim/yam thingamabob beats a so lightly undercookjed potato.

Coz a rock band said so.

All that said, this week the doofusses were thrown into it, they hadn't the proper tools to work with, it was amusing but not impressive. So long, Richard, this week was all about, um.. not really seriously cooking, just not having the right tools.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top Chef NY Ep 3 ShellyMay 11-27-08 1
 RE: Top Chef NY Ep 3 KwietOne 11-27-08 2
 RE: Top Chef NY Ep 3 jbug 11-28-08 3
 RE: Top Chef NY Ep 3 KwietOne 11-28-08 4
 RE: Top Chef NY Ep 3 dabo 11-29-08 5
 RE: Top Chef NY Ep 3 frodis 12-03-08 6
   RE: Top Chef NY Ep 3 ShellyMay 12-03-08 7
   RE: Top Chef NY Ep 3 weltek 12-03-08 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ShellyMay 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-27-08, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShellyMay Click to send private message to ShellyMay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 3"
I watched it this am on the PVR (love zapping those commercials!). For the Quickfire Challenge, was it just me or did they not call out the bottom 3? I'm watching on Food Network in Canada so I was wondering if they cut something out for time.

Also, in the past, hasn't the winning team still been called before Judge's Table to find out what worked and what didn't?

I understand them wanting to test skills (toaster ovens and microwaves), but cooking outside? And how did they protect all that electric equipment in the rain?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-27-08, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 3"
I'll have to agree with the previous poster that I noticed it too. They didn't call out the least liked chefs in the Quick Fire Challenge. They also didn't pick apart the winning team either. I just thought it was a rushly edited episode. It would have been interesting to find out who had the best and worse dishes on the winning team, since the teams were "supposedly" neck and neck.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-08, 07:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 3"
So are ya'll gonna laugh at me if I admit I'd never heard of the Foo Fighters?
I thought at first they were saying Food Fighters.

My name is Jbug and I'm a shopaholic (Agman is too)

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-28-08, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 3"
You know...I just saw the episode again and noticed that we didn't see Eugene's, Alex, Hosea's, & Radhika's soup for the Quick Fire Challenge. They ARE still on the show, right?

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-08, 11:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 3"
From Tom's blog:
http://www.bravotv.com/Top_Chef/season/5/blogs/index.php?blog=tom_colicchio&article=2008/11/foodie_fighters

When I ... saw the rows of microwaves and toaster ovens, I thought, "They've got to make Thanksgiving dinner in this? This is horrible." ... I couldn't believe it. To make matters worse, the electricity kept cutting out. And then it began to rain. ...

You might want to know that the Foo Fighters are really into food; bandleader Dave Grohl is an avid Top Chef watcher and was excited to be on the show. After their Grammy appearance last year, in fact, the band celebrated by dining at Craft LA. Well, duh, obviously going to Craft makes them experts!

... You'll note that there was no one winner this time around. Had there been, my vote would have gone to either Ariane or Eugene (though, of course, they were on the losing team, so never mind).

Honestly, this read like a mail-it-in blog this week, at least we survived the holiday episode and the s'mores were truly awful.

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-03-08, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 3"
My favorite part of this episode was that not only did the losing team not get to go see the concert, but they had to clean up. Ha.

Banana s'mores sounded kind of yucky to begin with, although the thought of pumpkin foam had me making an icky face, too.

Arkie Autumn Art!

ShellyMay 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-03-08, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShellyMay Click to send private message to ShellyMay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 3"
I thought so too, but I just had a pumpkin creme brule at a local restaurant and it was surprisingly yummy. Guess it depends on how it's prepared.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-08, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 3"
"Foam" will be looked upon as complete culinary kitch in another 20 years, thank cod.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •