The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Mercel"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Top Chef Forum (Protected)
Original message

mothercook 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-25-07, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mothercook Click to send private message to mothercook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Mercel"
His food is good but if he wins this competion it will just PROVE you have to bean arregont bastard to be a good chef. At least now Sam has the reconicon of being a GREAT chef without all the hoopla of this show and what will be required afterwards. My bet was on Ian and Sam so you go Ian kick Marcel's ****.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Marcel Pretty_Kitty 01-25-07 1
   RE: Marcel tac_2 01-25-07 2
   RE: Marcel pinksparkleguitar 01-25-07 3
   RE: Marcel POETSMOMMY 01-25-07 4
       RE: Marcel villager22 01-29-07 5
           RE: Marcel Snidget 01-29-07 6
               RE: Marcel villager22 01-29-07 7
                   RE: Marcel tac_2 01-29-07 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-25-07, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Marcel"
I am THRILLED that Marcel is in the finals. He put up with a lot of S**t from the others and still managed to focus on the competition. the "adults" acted like fricken bully's on the playground. I still dont understand why everyone raved about Sam. What did he do that was so special? oh right he told us he was the best so it MUST be true. NOT! good riddance Sammy boy!!!!!

Elia its not attractive for a grown woman to be a tattle tale grow up!!!

Even if Marcel doesnt win the whole thing he gets the satisfaction of beating out all the others and thats gotta feel good!!!

Ilan eh I could take him or leave him but I'd much rather he be there than Sam or Elia

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

tac_2 351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-25-07, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tac_2 Click to send private message to tac_2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Marcel"
Since I'm one doesn't believe the remaining four were Top Chef material, I'm thrilled too, Marcel is in the final.

Ilan vs. Marcel
or is it
Marcel vs. Ilan?

One more round. Maybe we haven't even seen the last of Elia and Sam. In fact, I'll bet we haven't, just based on the drama the producers are creating.

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-25-07, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Marcel"
I absolutely agree that Marcel had to put up with so much crap. I never saw anything that made him look as bad as everybody made him out to be. Even at the end, when it was just him and Ilan, Ilan was the one who said the catty, arrogant, full of himself remark, not Marcel.

I hope he wins. I couldn't believe the crap Ilan and Elia tried to pull, with their lame 'We feel someone does not respect the kitchen....blah blah blah." Talk about trying to save your own a$$.

Tribe rocked me!

POETSMOMMY 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-25-07, 10:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail POETSMOMMY Click to send private message to POETSMOMMY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Marcel"
I too was thrilled Marcel made the finals...I thought they were all much too hard on him all season...he focused on the cooking which proved to be the most important factor...I was so sick of the whining especially by Betty and Ilan...My 11 year old daughter whines less...

villager22 2 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-07, 05:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail villager22 Click to send private message to villager22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Marcel"
Well, add me to the Marcel bandwagon. I am ill that he is up against Ilan though. Whiney, backstabbing little weasel just tossed the equally whiney wacko Elia under the bus. I do think Sam seemed better qualified than Ilan.

I say "seemed" because we all know half the game is in the editing. I kept hearing what a rat Marcel was but they showed him helping people and being nice a number of times. Most of the arguements I saw him in were started by other people.

Betty and Mia were screaming, cursing shrews. Cliff and Frank were order-barking snakes. E&I were two whining idiots who never cooked anything that wasn't what they were used to doing. Her voice drove me nuts and she was definitely crazier than Suyak or whatever her name was that had the first week's meltdown.

And talk about playing it safe. Ilan repeatedly produced Spanish dishes. Well he is a line chef in a Spanish restaurant, big challenge. Elia put together strange combination after strange combination. When questioned or it didn't work, she whined that that was how they put it together in her country. Then she would pout, whine, have another sniveling meltdown and be pissed when someone else won the challenges. She curled her nose at the Velveeta (rightly so) but what was that hideous thing with Oreo cookie crumbs and lemon pudding?

I did think that Sam and Marcel seemed the most innovative and creative in their dishes and both got called to task on it several times. LOL the one time they yelled at M for his foam, I actually thought it was appropriate. He was depicting lust with plump, juicy cherries, a red gelee and a white/pink foam on top. But then again maybe the judges don't have my evil mind.

I am kind of sorry that Sam won the fav though because I voted for Mike. He has a wife and kid and even though he wasn't top chef material, he hung in there and made it a lot of fun while he was there. I figured he earned it in entertainment value alone plus I think he could have used the money more than any of the prima donnas.

And BTW, that was not a "chemical" that M used. It was a powder and I believe it is a vegetable derivitive. Much like using cream of tartar or cornstarch as a thickener. Many newer chefs have been experimenting with a number of food derivitives that do not change the flavor of the foods but add to their stability or form in order to make more pleasing presentations.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-29-07, 06:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Marcel"
I just find it funny that food additives used in processed food is now the big thing in high-end chef food.

That sort of stuff has it's uses, but anyone that wants "natural" foods will always see any food additive like that as a "chemical" even if it at some point some part of it was pulled out of a plant.

I wonder what the foodies that turn up their noses at ice cream from the supermarket that uses that gum will think of it in their expensive high end food.

villager22 2 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-07, 07:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail villager22 Click to send private message to villager22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Marcel"
"I wonder what the foodies that turn up their noses at ice cream from the supermarket that uses that gum will think of it in their expensive high end food."

You are probably right. Then again the true nut cases like myself will just stay home and churn their own LOL. We got a little bit of snow yesterday. I am waiting for daylight right now so I can go out and feed the animals and also scrape up a bowl of snow. I am going to have a bowl of snow cream before I head to bed

tac_2 351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-29-07, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tac_2 Click to send private message to tac_2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Marcel"
We've seen Marcel packing up his baggies full of little helpers. Wondering, would MSG be something allowed on Top Chef? Also, anyone ever see one of these contracts the contestants sign? That, to me, would be most interesting.

I remain neither for or against Marcel. Same goes for Ilan. Either/or - I'm underwhelmed but I suppose since they have to choose a winner the just desserts should go to Marcel.

Padma: "I have a scratchy hard palette".

yeah me, too, Padma. Only not from the poi but from the chefs who cooked it.

Top Chef this season: Fingernails scratching across chalkboard.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •