The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Who will win Top Chef? (discusses this week's show's results)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Top Chef Forum (Protected)
Original message

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-23-09, 06:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Who will win Top Chef? (discusses this week's show's results)"
LAST EDITED ON 01-23-09 AT 07:52 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 01-23-09 AT 06:39 PM (EST)

Editing to say this thread discusses who will win the current Top Chef? Also wanted to move spoilers about this week's show out of the first line of the post.

This week we saw Radike go home and Carla displayed her offbeat attitude to Tom. Clearly he did not care for her remarks.

I don't see how Carla can win given her edit so far and this week's reaction by Tom.

Stefan continues to get high marks from the judges.

Fabio has had an uneven performance to date but helped himself a lot with his "front of the house" flair.

Hosea seems to quietly perform but not excel in a way that gets ringing kudos from the judges (his kudos are not as robust as Stefan's).

Leah--she was almost out of there this week. Just a matter of time. Her "whatever" attitude is grating. Once again did she stay for the conoodling storyline with Hosea?

Jeff--also uneven performances but has performed better than Fabio? He seems intense most of the time.

Jamie--a cool, offputting demeanor but delivers well on most assignments. How would she have fared in restaurant wars if she were the one in charge?

Feels like it will come down to Stefan/Jamie/Hosea/Jeff/Fabio (possibly in that order, too) with Carla and Leah easy boots for the next couple of weeks.

So, at this juncture, who do you all think will win?

Any takers for someone other than Stefan or Jamie?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Who will win Top Chef? (discus... ShellyMay 01-26-09 1
 RE: Who will win Top Chef? (discus... dabo 01-26-09 2
 RE: Who will win Top Chef? (discus... kidflash212 01-27-09 3
   RE: Who will win Top Chef? (discus... mindy23 01-28-09 4
       RE: Who will win Top Chef? (discus... zazzy 01-28-09 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ShellyMay 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-26-09, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShellyMay Click to send private message to ShellyMay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Who will win Top Chef? (discusses this week's show's results)"
Totally agree about Carla - while she's very funny with her comments, she's not consistent with her cooking and she doesn't seem to have the same skill sets as other chefs and that always means bye-bye on this show (eventually).

I've commented before on Jeff's demeanor. Have we really seem him smile at all? Or cook anything but nibblies & drinks?

As annoying as Stefan is, I think he's one of the stronger chefs there - I don't think Jeff or Fabio could beat him, but Jamie or Hosea might (especially if Leah goes soon and Hosea can get his mind back in the game). Stefan's arrogance may end up being his downfall.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-26-09, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Who will win Top Chef? (discusses this week's show's results)"
Eliminated:
Lauren
Patrick
Jill
Richard
Alex
Danny
Melissa
Eugene
Ariane
Radhika

Remaining:
Carla
Fabio
Hosea
Jamie
Jeff
Leah
Stefan

Carla started out in pretty good shape but has been bouncing up and down as the competition gets more intense, potential finalist, unlikely for the win.

Fabio has been consistantly good throughout though he is sliding a bit, probable finalist, potential winner.

Hosea has been fairly consistant but has taken a few hits, potential finalist, potential winner.

Jamie has been up and down but has done very well recently, may take a sudden fall and be out.

Jeff has played it relatively safe, potential finalist on the survives on others' mistakes gambit, unlikely winner.

Leah has played it relatively safe, likely to take a fall soon and be out.

Stefan has been consistantly good throughout, probable finalist, probable winner.

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-27-09, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Who will win Top Chef? (discusses this week's show's results)"
My money is on a Jeff, Jamie & Stefan final. Carla and Leah out next, Fabio hasn't had a really great dish in a while - he survives on personality. Don't see it myself - I'd prefer Jeff anyday. Just don't see Hosea in the final - he seems to fit the stereotype of the surprise boot.

Unfortunately, I think the smug asshat Stefan will win, no one elses food seems to be in his league. And they made a point in the first episode of saying the winner of the first challenge has usually won the title of Top Chef. He'll replace Hung as my least favorite winner.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-28-09, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Who will win Top Chef? (discusses this week's show's results)"
I agree with the Jeff/Jamie/Stef final. BTW, has ANYONE ever mentioned how much Jeff looks like Jesse Spencer from House?? The first time I tuned in, the second showing, I thought, 'what the heck is HE doing on Top Chef??'!!! LOL.

Anyway, he is clearly my fave, for attitude and, well, looks...Stefan is a jerk in every way, but a darned good chef. Jamie is just there. Could care less either way, but she is smart, and seems to make good choices most of the time. She knew better than to win the restaurant war thingy.

I do think Stefan will win, also, but I hope that Jeff will be the dark horse who will come up from behind and at least take a strong second.

As for Leah and Hosea, they both need to GO HOME NOW, and cool off!! Good luck with your boy/girl friends, after all these showings! DUH!

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-28-09, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Who will win Top Chef? (discusses this week's show's results)"
Thank you! I knew Jeff reminded me of someone but I did not know who! ITA about the guy from House.

Jamie seems to carry some smugness around with her. But the previews suggest she is rattled a bit this week.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •