The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Holiday pardon"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Top Chef Forum (Protected)
Original message

kbrockm 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-17-08, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kbrockm Click to send private message to kbrockm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Holiday pardon"
Under the circumstances, giving everyone a break by not eliminating anyone was a pretty fair thing to do. After all, the refrigerator disaster DID adversely affect a couple chefs. But the chefs most affected were not being judged harshly. Hosea was even in the top 4!

Ariane had immunity anyway, or else she might have been the one eliminated tonight. Deviled eggs? Puh-leeze. My 10-year old can make those! On the other hand, she's done well in many of the previous challenges, so it would be a shame to see her go. I was thinking the same thing about Jamie during the judges' table -- even if this dish was bad, she's come so close on so many other challenges. I guess I'm kind of rooting for her.

So you done good, Judges! Happy holidays!

--The Reality TV Fan

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Holiday pardon dabo 12-18-08 1
   RE: Holiday pardon weltek 12-23-08 5
 RE: Holiday pardon The Cake 12-18-08 2
   RE: Holiday pardon MKitty 01-07-09 6
 RE: Holiday pardon KwietOne 12-18-08 3
   RE: Holiday pardon txriverwillow 12-21-08 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-18-08, 00:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Holiday pardon"
Five golden rings, badumpbumpbump!

Really, the second I heard the "Twelve Days of Christmas" theme for tonight's elimination challenge, I predicted a disaster. I mean, gimme a break:

12 drummers drumming
11 pipers piping
10 lords a leaping
9 ladies dancing
8 maids a milking
7 swans a swimming
6 geese a laying
5 golden rings
BADUMPBUMPBUMP!
4 calling birds
3 French hens
2 turtle doves
And a partridge in a pear tree.

Seriously, for real?

Let's all come up with our best concepts on these dumdum themes, shall we:

12 drummers drumming: buffalo chicken wing drummettes
11 pipers piping: sausages
10 lords a leaping: something with jumping beans as a decoration
9 ladies dancing: not a clue
8 maids a milking: milquetoast
7 swans a swimming: some poultry based soup
6 geese a laying: quiche
5 golden rings: onion rings
BADUMPBUMPBUMP!
4 calling birds: coq au vin
3 French hens: something with chicken and truffles
2 turtle doves: goop melange
And a partridge in a pear tree: the other part of the buffalo chicken wing.

Okay, it turned out to be a bye week, no one went home. Big surprise or way so obvious setup?

I totally though Eugene blew it by not not getting the Miss Piggy part of "five golden rings" BADUMPBUMPBUMP!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-23-08, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Holiday pardon"
9 ladies dancing...how about Skirt Steak? It's all I've got.

The one I'm stuck most on is Lords a Leaping...King Crab Legs?

The Cake 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-18-08, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail The%20Cake Click to send private message to The%20Cake Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Holiday pardon"
I was personally hoping for an elimination. I cannot stand Jamie. She is always complaining how she is in the top three and never wins. So what! Be happy you are in the top three for cripes sakes. She just has too big of an ego for me. She thinks the competition should be over and they should just give her the money already.

On a different note, I am happy to see all the chefs helping out when they had the refridgerator accident. I am glad there isn't a chef like Hung who just cleaned his station when someone else needed help. Even Stefan helped out which surprised me.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-07-09, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Holiday pardon"
I was really happy to see all the help and how they all pulled together...that was heart warming. YEs, even from the Euro-boys!

I also agree about Jamie being a whiner. Get over it princess..produce good food and you will be the next winner...

Tribe manga'd my mug

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-18-08, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Holiday pardon"
Bah humbug! They should have booted Eugene when they had the chance, and then Tom should have gone back there to give them that "pep talk". Jaime is that "never a bride - always a bridesmaid". HA HA...Ariane making deviled eggs. LMAO

txriverwillow 262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-21-08, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail txriverwillow Click to send private message to txriverwillow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Holiday pardon"
LAST EDITED ON 12-21-08 AT 07:41 PM (EST)

http://www.bravotv.com/Top_Chef/season/5/blogs/index.php?blog=lee_anne_wong&article=2008/12/step_it_up_and_cook#breadcrumbs

Lee Ann had some great insight on the background of this disaster.

All I can say is what an interesting Judges' Table it was that evening. The contestants having worked late the night before, were tired and not in the mood for criticism. Tom's little talk with them didn't really help at the time and even though they all escaped elimination at the end of the evening the contestants were complaining about the fact that Natasha Richardson was a judge and how she was unqualified, basically blaming everything but themselves for their performance. I ended up having another conversation with them the next morning. It was true that they had served mediocre food rather than amazing food. My pep talk came from a contestant's perspective, and while I got the death stare from some contestants (cross arms with the back-the-f***-off-look), I think I was able to get my point across to others. They had been frustrated and felt restricted by the rules of the challenges but I let them know that this was a once in a lifetime opportunity to really challenge themselves and have fun with it, as it is rare for any chef to be able to receive direct criticism from a panel of experts on a regular basis.

The leak at BravoTv is that next week is a double elimination so that will make it interesting.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •