The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top Chef NY Ep 5"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Top Chef Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-11-08, 01:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top Chef NY Ep 5"
LAST EDITED ON 12-11-08 AT 09:30 AM (EST)

Um, roll your own sushi at a dressed up fancy bachlorette party, how exactly was that supposed to work? It's not exactly a hammer out your own crablegs situation, much as I lurve those.

Seriously, roll my own suchi, I haven't a clue how to do that, give me a clue, and really don't expect me to be all excited about doing that anyway, I mean duh I can go salad bar any day I want anyway.

Sabotage someone else's salad dish, now that's really special.

"Oh, hey, I was totally not worthy of being eliminated even though I facemasked the salad gal with my last second mushrooms, I mean hey that salad needed them mushrooms, I mean hey don't blame me blame the judges, they totally ignored the roll your own sushi guy, I mean hey!"

They didn't get it!

BU-AAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top Chef NY Ep 5 KwietOne 12-11-08 1
   RE: Top Chef NY Ep 5 weltek 12-11-08 2
       RE: Top Chef NY Ep 5 ginger 12-12-08 3
       RE: Top Chef NY Ep 5 kidflash212 12-14-08 4
 RE: Top Chef NY Ep 5 RonReports 12-15-08 5
 RE: Top Chef NY Ep 5 Ahtumbreez 12-16-08 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-11-08, 01:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 5"
Oh man...they should have just made it a BOGO deal this episode. Eugene needed to go too. Turning bad rice into something edible? Ick! C'mon really? I actually agreed with Stefan. You don't make the bride to be make her own sushi.

Anyone notice the oohs and ahhhs over Jeff's sorbet and turning to Stefan's reaction? HA HA!!

I'm surprised the winning team didn't acknowledge the assistance of the other chefs helping them with their plating. If it wasn't for them, the lamb girl would have undercooked lamb.

Hosea...I like him. I loved it when he beat out Stefan in the Quickfire Challenge. HA HA...wipe that smug look off your face Stefan.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-08, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 5"
I admit Jeff's sorbet had me salivating wanting to try it. I think it takes skill to make that work so well and it sounds like he hit it out of the park. He's so hit or miss, though. We'll see how he continues to fare.

The winning team might have acknowledged the assistance of others-remember editing.

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-08, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 5"
I thought that looked yummy, too:

TOMATO SORBET
1. Slowly sweat shallots and celery over low heat in olive oil.
2. In another pot boil 2 gallons salted water.
3. Quickly blanch and shock tomatoes in ice water.
4. Peel tomatoes, cut in 1/2 and remove the seeds.
5. Chop tomatoes fine and add to cooked shallots and celery.
6. Add remaining ingredients and cook 10 -15 minutes.
7. Puree, strain through fine chinoise and spin in ice cream machine.

BASIL SEEDS
1. Bloom basil seeds in 2 cup water for 2 hours.
2. Strain in chinoise and use to garnish dish.

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-14-08, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 5"
"I admit Jeff's sorbet had me
salivating wanting to try it."
-Weltek

I feel the same way about Jeff himself.

RonReports 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-15-08, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RonReports Click to send private message to RonReports Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 5"
Tom's comments to the bottom six chefs were blunt. The best three of the bottom six were warned that any of them could be gone next week. Then he said he would immediately get rid of all three of the bottom three chefs if the rules would have allowed him to do that. I agree with the decision of the judges about who to cut this week, but he certainly did not pull any punches in his remarks to each of the bottom six chefs. This remains one of my favorite television shows.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-08, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 5"
I don't get Bravo *pout

and the only full episode Bravo has is the Foo Fighters Thanksgiving. *pout again

I hate my cable company.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •