The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Heroes season finale"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Heroes Forum (Protected)
Original message

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-22-07, 00:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Heroes season finale"
Wow. And wow some more. I suppose I should put in some filler. La la la. Aren't those kids sickeningly cute? Awww!

Anyway...

The Harry Potter "All We Need Is Love" speech? That made me laugh. Rowling is so gonna sue NBC. ;)

Seriously, an amazing episode. Teamy goodness is my favorite thing, EVER, so the Heroes all coming together at the end totally made my day.

I could see them having Nathan survive. I could see him being dead. I'd like for him to come back.

I wonder if Peter is still going to have trouble controlling his powers when he, er, regenerates (someone can regenerate after *that*?!). Seems like it was an issue whenever he picked up a new power (hearing thoughts, then Jessica/Nikki's strength). Is he going to have to be careful about being around new heroes from here on out?

Finally, I cannot WAIT to see Hiro in medieval Japan!

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Heroes season finale Max Headroom 05-22-07 1
 RE: Heroes season finale HobbsofMI 05-22-07 2
   RE: Heroes season finale zombiebaby 05-22-07 4
       RE: Heroes season finale HobbsofMI 05-22-07 6
   RE: Heroes season finale PagongRatEater 05-22-07 7
       RE: Heroes season finale HobbsofMI 05-22-07 10
 On-Line Comic summary: HobbsofMI 05-22-07 3
 RE: Heroes season finale SenecaTurtle 05-22-07 5
 RE: Heroes season finale Ice 9 05-22-07 8
   RE: Heroes season finale The Cake 05-22-07 9
       RE: Heroes season finale HobbsofMI 05-22-07 11
           RE: Heroes season finale CantStandToLook 05-22-07 13
   RE: Heroes season finale CantStandToLook 05-22-07 12
   RE: Heroes season finale J I M B O 05-22-07 14
       RE: Heroes season finale emydi 05-22-07 17
           RE: Heroes season finale CantStandToLook 05-23-07 19
   RE: Heroes season finale dabo 05-22-07 15
   RE: Heroes season finale zombiebaby 05-22-07 16
   RE: Heroes season finale dragonflies 05-24-07 20
 RE: Heroes season finale sporkman 05-23-07 18
   RE: Heroes season finale parachutes 05-24-07 21
       RE: Heroes season finale sporkman 05-24-07 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-22-07, 08:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Heroes season finale"
Color me disappointed. I expected a bigger final sequence with Sylar and less theatrics from the Petrelli family, though I was surprised to see Nathan show up and do the "right" thing. And the final sequence with Hiro in feudal Japan was a jarring disconnect.

Still, I'll be back in the fall to see how it all turns out.

HRG's first name is Noah??

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-07, 08:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Heroes season finale"
LAST EDITED ON 05-22-07 AT 09:09 AM (EST)

Now that is a Finale! Wow.....loved it..

It all falls into place and now Sylar does not need to paint the future but he can see it right then and there. Sylar is off to the sewers but there is someone who is worst then the "Boogie Man".

Mom is going to be so pissed that Nathan saved the city and I bet we get to see her powers before next season.

Peter went back in time?/Issac's non-painting power? to see Symon's dad and he could see Peter was invisible.

Molly and Micah were too cute. Molly looks like she needs the Doc's blood every now and then. I'm wondering if it was not Sylar who went after Molly but the worst guy because he can see where Molly is and took the shots and healed before he flew off while Sylar does not have the ability to heal yet.....so we have seen this evil guy.

Matt taking 5 shots...ouch....

Peter/Nathan.....wonderful ending but just like DL taking the bullet instead of using his powers..Peter could have used Nathan flying power to get himself out of there?

Hiro saving Ando and then doing what he needed to do. Him ending up Japan....what fun for next season.

Great wrap up....and leaves us wanting more....

Save the Cheerleader Save the World
sig by Pepe and bouncy by IceCat

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-07, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Heroes season finale"
Sylar is off to the sewers but there is someone who is worst then the "Boogie Man".

How is Syler off to the sewers? I thought it was just his blood draining down? Wouldn't everyone notice if he was no longer there?

This episode was pretty good. Not wow but well acted, directed and written. Lot of holes it seemed but I can overlook those.

05-22-07, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Heroes season finale"
LAST EDITED ON 05-22-07 AT 10:22 AM (EST)

It was a blood trail going to the manhole with it open and a cockroach on it. Either Sylar was dragged down there the bigger evil man who tracked Molly before or he is alive and escaped and no one noticed (which I find hard to believe). Plus when Peter and HRG (Noah) first got there...where was Sylar....did he have invisibility too?

You have to remember DL and Matt survived gun shot's to the chest so a sword to the chest could have not been deadly with Sylar too.

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-07, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Heroes season finale"
I'm guessing that Peter didn't fly because he was using all of his efforts to not explode and couldn't use any other power. I thought that their final battle was pretty mundane...a fist fight? Really like the fact that all the Heroes participated in some way though.

I'd give it a B, after some really great episodes this season I wasn't overwhelmed.

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

05-22-07, 12:53 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Heroes season finale"
Yes the show down was underwhelming......I did expect more but it goes to prove the future is not set in stone.

05-22-07, 09:01 AM (EST)
3. "On-Line Comic summary:"
LAST EDITED ON 05-22-07 AT 09:04 AM (EST)

Ok...it was China that Hana was in. She sets it up for a ride into space to fight the satellite but the satellite has it's own defense mechanism that gives her a virus of some sort that is killing her. She breaks free of the tether to the space craft to jump over to the satellite and force it to burn up in the earth atmosphere. Then Micah is talking to Jessica about DL being ok in the hospital while they are back in LV. Micah is talking about death when Hana communicates back with him. She says the truth is death is not what you expect. It might seem like an ending but really.....

So Hana is alive but in the electronic communications of the world and the second tracking device is gone.

SenecaTurtle 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-22-07, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SenecaTurtle Click to send private message to SenecaTurtle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Heroes season finale"
I was a little disappointed. I guess I just expected a bigger "battle" at the end especially between Peter and Sylar. But it was good episode anyway, just not a great final episode for me. I'm looking forward to see how they handle next season. I hope Peter is back and Parkman. I like Adrian Pasdar but Nathan is really boring to me. Hope they do more with his character, if he's around next season.

*ST*

Ice 9 288 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-22-07, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ice%209 Click to send private message to Ice%209 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Heroes season finale"
While I thought the finale was great, I have a few minor gripes. The good stuff, however, outweighed the bad for me. I really liked how Hiro's story wrapped up and then transitioned to next season. (BTW, was that George Takei as Kensei in that final scene?) I loved the set up of a villain worse than Sylar. I liked the interaction between Molly and Micah. The relationships between Hiro and Ando ("You look bad@ss!" Brilliant) and Claire and HRG (or should we call him Noah now? Loved the reveal on that, too) are great and I hope they continue into next season.

The ending played out EXACTLY as I thought it would, with Nathan going along with the plan until the very last minute, then sacrificing himself to save NYC.

OK, now the gripes...
A lot of my problems with the finale stem from the fact that they gave up the finale plot WAY too early in the season. There was just no way they were going to be able to realize the conclusion we've been contemplating for half the season or more. Hopefully they learn from that and save the ending for the, uh, END.

There was enough plot left for at least another half hour. The finale should've been 90 minutes or 2 hours. I was left with too many questions about what actually happened in the last hour.

1) When did Nathan's crisis of conscience happen? We saw NONE of it. That was a necessary scene.

2) What was the deal with that dream sequence with Mr. Deveaux? Was it a dream? Did he go back in time? Was it Peter who initiated that? Was it Mr. Deveaux calling from the starry beyond? Seriously, WTF? Sorry, Mr. Deveaux but it really freaking DOES matter, in narrative terms that is. More exposition was needed here.

3) Speaking of more exposition, we needed something from Peter to give us an indication of why he couldn't fly himself out of the city. All it would've taken was one line of him saying something to the effect of "I'm so out of control now, I can't fly myself away from here." As it played out, we were left to assume it. Really simple to fix that.

4) The action sequences. Seriously, all that build up for a 2 minute (if that) face off? This was a problem all season. The showdowns were too brief and didn't showcase enough of the abilities of the characters. Hopefully this will improve next season. The Sylar/Peter showdown scene should have been at least 5 minutes longer. Who wouldn't have wanted to see kind of a compilation of acquired abilities? I mean they made such a big deal about this during the season--Peter's natural integration vs. Sylar's destructive syphoning--that we were really owed that. Right?

5) I don't really have a problem with the criticism of DL not phasing and taking the bullet. Remember, this is a guy who is still really learning his ability. And it's a GUN for goodness sake. That would require some lightning quick reflexes. Even in the best of situations he'd have been hard pressed to pull that off. As it was, it all happened in the blink of an eye. He reacted instinctually, like the 20-some years that predated his phasing ability had conditioned him. I would have been more skeptical if they had tried to have him phase the bullet through both of them. That said, the line from Nikki asking him why he didn't phase was a silly inclusion. And if you're going to ask it, at least have him respond "there wasn't time" or something like that. Don't just leave it hanging, because that's what half the audience is asking anyway. It makes us think "yeah, why didn't you phase, dumb @ss?".

Even with those criticisms, it was an entertaining end to a VERY entertaining season, and I'm very much looking forward to season 2.

I seem to recall lots of criticism surrounding the season 1 finale of LOST, too...

The Cake 94 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-07, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail The%20Cake Click to send private message to The%20Cake Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Heroes season finale"
I agree a lot with your criticisms, especially with why Peter didn't just fly off by himself. Personally, I think he just lacked the confidence & needed his older brother, just like when he drove to meet him without telling Claire. But I still really enjoyed the episode & seeing all the heroes in the final scene was great. I especially liked when Peter absorbed Nikki's strenth & beat up Sylar.

So, besides Sylar we will have a new villian next season. Peter should be back since he can regenerate, but what about Nathan? If he is dead then how can Isaac's painting of him in the white house come true?

05-22-07, 01:00 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Heroes season finale"
I'm thinking Nathan will be back....I'm thinking they flew off, Nathan let him go and flew away and then Peter went boom.

My question is what about the radiation of a high atmospheric explosion (since the clouds moved we know they were not in space).....it's going to come down somewhere and a lot of people saw it happen so will the Heroes secrete be out?

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-07, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Heroes season finale"
I'm thinking the secret wouldn't be out just because of a nuclear blast high up in the sky. I do wonder what the first respponders that showed up at the end are thinking happened.

I can't wait to see this new boogeyman next season and if he does something with Sylar. It did seem as if Sylar were dragged into the gutter.

05-22-07, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Heroes season finale"
Good synopsis. I agree with most of what you've said with maybe the exception of DL and the bullet. I thought that he didn't phase because the bullet might have then killed Nikki but then again they had been morphing thru walls together so it would have made sense that they could have phased around the bullet together too.

I think he had to concentrate harder to phase them both and there simply wasn't enough time for him to phase the bullet through both of them so he took it to save her.

I'm curious about the final Sylar sequence though. I agree that there should have been a lot more fighting between Sylar and Peter and Peter seemed to have the radioactive capabilities under control last week so what gives this week? When Sylar supposedly died or whatever, was that the future we saw passing in his eyes or was it the powers he'd stolen from the other heroes? I guess I'll have to go back and rewatch the episode tonight to find out.

J I M B O 6839 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-07, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Heroes season finale"

I loved the set up of a villain worse than Sylar.

In reference to Molly's comment about the one who could see her? If so, I've been wondering if that indicates a 'bad guy' or just a sensation that freaks Molly out a bit.

Then wondered if maybe it was Mr. Deveaux she was talking about???

4) The action sequences. Seriously, all that build up for a 2 minute (if that) face off? This was a problem all season. The showdowns were too brief and didn't showcase enough of the abilities of the characters.

Could NOT agree more. Especially with the whole Hiro thing. He just shows up, runs a sword through Sylar, and...and...and NOTHING! No freezing time, no explanation of how Sylar moved last faceoff at his mom's house. And it seemed a bit cheezy given Sylars abilities that he couldn't have thrown Hiro aside in a split second.

I agree it was a good ep overall (and I have to remember how spoiled I am to begin with). What I felt was out of balance was that many of the *most* important scenes were written/filmed/treated as if they were secondary filler.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-07, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Heroes season finale"
i thought the bad buy is MR. Deveaux too--they are making him good but he's the evil one...or not...or Mama Petrelli?

05-23-07, 11:50 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Heroes season finale"
I just had a thought. We all know that Mama Petrelli has something up her sleeve and isn't necessarily a good guy. We all also know that the Haitian was working for her and not HRG all along. The question is, if it turns out that he wasn't necessarily as good as we all thought, could he be the man that's worse than the boogeyman?

It's an interesting question no?

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-07, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Heroes season finale"
Yeah, that was George.

Basically, I agree with you. I enjoyed the finale quite a lot but it could have benefitted from some more fleshing out here and there. They could easily have dropped the teaser ending, just left everyone wondering what happened to Hiro.

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-07, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Heroes season finale"
Was Shaft's power appearing in peoples dreams? Is that how Peter was able to "dream" that meeting? Didn't Shaft do that before Peter knew he could fly?

My thought on who the next bad "guy" is? Mrs. Petrelli?

So if Star Trek was one of Hiro's favorites how does he not know Sulo is his father?

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-07, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Heroes season finale"
I agree 100%. One other thing I would like to add is I need more info about how this all started.

sporkman 239 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-07, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sporkman Click to send private message to sporkman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Heroes season finale"
I hope Generations goes into the back stories of the elder heros. Linderman and Hiro's dad both said they were once part of a group of heroes, but something happened that broke the group up. What happened?

parachutes 58 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-07, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail parachutes Click to send private message to parachutes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Heroes season finale"
I thought Generations was supposed to be kinda like a reality show to add in new characters to the main show. Am I making that up? I think it would have been cooler to have it explain all of that peripheral stuff that would add more depth to the main series.

sporkman 239 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-07, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sporkman Click to send private message to sporkman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Heroes season finale"
Generations is Season 2. Heroes:Origins is the add-a-hero show.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •