The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"May 7 Episode..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Heroes Forum (Protected)
Original message

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-08-07, 00:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"May 7 Episode..."
May 7, 2007: The Hard Part

No one else has started a thread for this, so I guess I will. What did you all think of tonight's episode. I'm really worried that we're not going to get past the explosion by the end of the season. On one hand, it feels like we've come so far. On the other, it feels like we're exactly where we started. I really hope they give us more than that.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: May 7 Episode... trigirl 05-08-07 1
   RE: May 7 Episode... newsomewayne 05-08-07 2
 RE: May 7 Episode... CantStandToLook 05-08-07 3
   RE: May 7 Episode... newsomewayne 05-08-07 5
       RE: May 7 Episode... J I M B O 05-08-07 7
           RE: May 7 Episode... HobbsofMI 05-08-07 11
               why PagongRatEater 05-10-07 20
           RE: May 7 Episode... TenPin 05-09-07 17
   RE: May 7 Episode... emydi 05-08-07 6
       Molly iatovttotx78 05-08-07 8
           RE: Molly CantStandToLook 05-08-07 13
           RE: Molly whoami 05-08-07 15
               RE: Molly silentJ 05-09-07 18
                   RE: Molly whoami 05-10-07 21
                       RE: Molly J I M B O 05-10-07 22
       RE: May 7 Episode... HobbsofMI 05-08-07 9
 What I don't get iatovttotx78 05-08-07 4
   RE: What I don't get HobbsofMI 05-08-07 10
       RE: What I don't get iatovttotx78 05-09-07 19
 On-Line Comic summary: HobbsofMI 05-08-07 12
   RE: On-Line Comic summary: Ahtumbreez 05-08-07 14
 RE: May 7 Episode... dragonflies 05-09-07 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-08-07, 08:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: May 7 Episode..."
I agree udg. They might be setting us up for a big cliffhanger that is pre-nuclear. Can't imagine they are going to get everything figured out in two episodes.

Love the relationship between Peter and Claire.
Hope Nathan doesn't get seduced by Lindermann.
Like the Nikki convinced Jessica to do something for a change.
Can't wait to see Hiro's dad again.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-08-07, 08:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: May 7 Episode..."
Yes, I can't wait to see Hiro's dad again, too. It looks like he may have a thing or three to teach Hiro about making the hard decisions. Can Hiro learn to be tough without being hard?

Sigs by Bob! For the discerning palate!

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-07, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: May 7 Episode..."
I was really intrigued by Sylars storyline last night. I think that's the closest they've ever come to making him seem somewhat human. It's obvious his mom is the one who drove him to the point where we see him in the present and unfortunately who gave him the idea for the future.

One sorta loose end they left with that storyline is why would he think he could be president when he hasn't met the shapeshifter yet. Of course, having Issac's power can explain all that away.

All the time travel movies I've ever seen show that any small change in events can change the timeline so I'm hoping that's going to come into play somehow since it would appear that Sylar should be unstoppable now that he can paint the future.

I felt a bit for Hiro when he couldn't cut Sylar down when Sylar was actually giving him the chance.

The Petrelli storyline is getting VERY interesting too. Does anyone else wonder if mom has powers and if so, what her powers might be?

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-07, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: May 7 Episode..."

>I felt a bit for Hiro
>when he couldn't cut Sylar
>down when Sylar was actually
>giving him the chance.

Was Sylar really giving him a chance? I felt Sylar was just playing with Hiro, and at this point, Hiro did not have much chance at success. Although, I am unsure what happened in the appartment - whether Sylar knew Hiro was there and stopped everything himself to make Hiro think time had stopped, or did time stop and somehow now Sylar can not be affected by Hiro's power.

>
>The Petrelli storyline is getting VERY
>interesting too. Does anyone else
>wonder if mom has powers
>and if so, what her
>powers might be?

I'd bet money on it that she does. I have no idea what those are right now. But what about the Petrelli dad? Did he have powers too?

>

Sigs by Bob! For the discerning palate!

J I M B O 6839 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-07, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: May 7 Episode..."

Although, I am unsure what happened in the appartment - whether Sylar knew Hiro was there and stopped everything himself to make Hiro think time had stopped, or did time stop and somehow now Sylar can not be affected by Hiro's power.

That one REALLY confused me. I sure hope there's some explanation for it. I can't recall any of Sylar's victims having a power that would counteract the stoppage of time.

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-07, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: May 7 Episode..."
Well...we don't know what Molly's parents could do....plus there are others that he killed so who knows what powers he all has but since Peter has absorbed all his in TX but he has not thought of him there is a lot of Peter that he does not know.

Save the Cheerleader Save the World
sig by Pepe and bouncy by IceCat

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-07, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "why"
LAST EDITED ON 05-10-07 AT 09:30 AM (EST)

My thought was that Hiro couldn't strike down a helpless Sylar and Hiro released him, intentionally or unintentionally, before striking the fatal blow. Thus Hiro's statement that he 'couldn't do it.'

And I thought that Petrelli's mom has already admitted to having a power, but we just don't know what it is. What I don't get is what is Lindermann's game here? Power? He wants to slaughter NYC so he can (through Nathan) have power? To what end? I don't understand why Lindermann and The Company is pressing this, but I really don't understand why Nathan is in for it. Just to become Pres?

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

TenPin 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-09-07, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TenPin Click to send private message to TenPin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: May 7 Episode..."
I was also confused about Sylar not being frozen when confronted by Hiro, but them I started thinking about when future Hiro came to visit Peter on the subway, or when Hiro travels with Ando. Peter wasn’t “frozen” in time and was able to speak to Hiro, and Ando seems to be able to share in Hiro’s ability if the are in contact with each other. I haven’t re-watched the scene yet, but if Hiro touched Sylar with the sword before he started to swing it, maybe that somehow freed Sylar to move and interact with Hiro.

It is quite possible that Sylar can borrow others special abilities when in proximity to them, like Peter does… he only kills and takes the brain because he feels that they don’t deserve their abilities and only he should have them.

As far as the “be President” thing, it is the typical over-encouraging parent thing to say, “You could even grow up to be president”. Now that Sylar paints the future, he also did a painting of someone in the oval office (like Nathan). After killing his mother, he finally snapped all the way, and that little encouragement statement of hers possibly became a new motivation for him in some way. I know I am apologizing for the writers’ rough attempt to connect story lines together, but it makes sense to me.

TenPin
Trying to save the world... one student at a time

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-07, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: May 7 Episode..."
hi sweetie...sorry about what happened to you...I'm glad it worked out...do you have to see the officer again at court...pm me...

I think mom has powers but I have no idea what they are and I think Linderman might be Daddy to Peter and Nathan...gramps to Claire...just the way she was talking about Linderman...it's all seems sort of Cain and Abel to me...having one son kill the other...could mom be the Eve to Linderman's Adam?

I really like the little girl, and kudos to Mohinder for figuring it out with the pic..

Also, can shape shifter also move places? bc every door Micah ran into was the apt.

iatovttotx78 2645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-08-07, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iatovttotx78 Click to send private message to iatovttotx78 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Molly"
LAST EDITED ON 05-09-07 AT 06:42 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-08-07 AT 11:51 AM (EST)

is she the tracking system that HRG et al, are going to destroy.. That would be sad, but it may explain why Mohinder ends up working under "Nathan" rather than with Hero in the future.

ETA: from rewatching the episode it would appear that Molly is the tracking system. HRG refers to the tracking system as the "Walker system" and from the openning of the show we are reminded that the chilld's name is Molly Walker. poor Mohinder, it's going to feel like killing his sister.

Handcrafted by RollDdice.

ETF: spelling

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-07, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Molly"
That's a good thought pattern there. It seems as if all the major players are in New York now so it would make sense that Molly could be the tracking system and maybe they have to re-enact what happened in the jungles of vietnam. (You have to read the online comic to understand).

Hobbs has posted synopsis' of the online comic in various posts throughout the thread for those interested.

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-07, 09:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Molly"

> is she the tracking
>system that HRG et al,
>are going to destroy.. That
>would be sad, but it
>may explain why Mohinder ends
>up working under "Nathan" rather
>than with Hero in the
>future.

That is just what I have been thinking, and how could Molly stop Sylar?
The comic book Hiro has shows him stabbing Sylar with a sword, but it was broke by Sylar.
The future they showed was one future that might happen and was already changed by saving the cheerleader. The future Hiro said he tried to kill Sylar but he regenerated because he had Clair's power.

silentJ 336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-09-07, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail silentJ Click to send private message to silentJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Molly"
Slight problem there: Claire was alive in the future too, until she meet with "Nathan". That makes me think President Sylar is future Sylar after beating Peter and stealing Hiro's brain/power, which would accoun t for Sylar moving when Hiro tried to kill him. If Molly is the key to stooping, humanity is hosed because she was among the people Hiro said he turned over to HRG, and the others, DL and the Chameleon lady, were Sylar food.

Now that I think about it, Molly would know who Sylar is no matter who he was pretending to be. Maybe HRGs replacement know the future too and knows Sylar will get that power. To quote MIles O'Brian, "I hate temporal mechanics."

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-07, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Molly"
Sylar has not beat Peter or does he have Hiro's brain/power yet. The future has already changed. The Hiro that came back in time already know that Sylar had killed the cheerleader and got her power. That is why he could not kill him. Now she is alive in the future.

I think Molly plays a roll in stopping Sylar by telling the one who does stop him where to find him when it is time to kill him, and let us not forget what Issac said before Sylar killed him that he showed them how to stop Sylar in his last comic book edition. Is that the one Hiro has?

I still think this is only one of many possible futures that could happen depending on the events that unfold.

J I M B O 6839 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-07, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Molly"

I think Molly plays a roll in stopping Sylar by telling the one who does stop him where to find him when it is time to kill him, and let us not forget what Issac said before Sylar killed him that he showed them how to stop Sylar in his last comic book edition. Is that the one Hiro has?

Hiro has seen the comic of him stabbing Sylar, but I can't imagine that by itself is what Isaac meant. He implied the "how to stop sylar" plan was in some way rather mysterious or clever...more than one pic of Hiro with sword.

At least I *hope* that's the case. Really want to see what Isaac was so happy about!

05-08-07, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: May 7 Episode..."
From the on-line comic we know that Linderman was in Vietnam with Nathan and Peter's dad. Linderman healed him when he was shot in an ambush. Later he killed a little Vietnamese girl who could make plants grow within seconds and he stopped Linderman from saving her. Linderman did not understand why he could not save her but their dad said it was for the greater good and they save many lives. Linderman showed up years later saying he finally understood what he meant and he wanted to work with him. A boy was playing on the floor so I'm assuming it was Nathan. They made a deal to work for the greater man and save the world.

05-08-07, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iatovttotx78 Click to send private message to iatovttotx78 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "What I don't get"
By now Peter must realize that he absorbs other people's powers, right? I mean how could he not realize that. He could fly around Nathan, paint the future after interacting with Issac, heal himself because of Claire, become invisible because of Claude (I think that's the invisible man's name), etc etc.... So why, knowing that he's going to be the bomb that blows up NYC, would Peter seek out the one man that could endow him with that power? He has to realize that if he never meets Ted, he won't have the ability to go nuclear, doesn't he? I guess the writers tried to explain his motivation for doing so, but I didn't buy that Peter would think he was mistaken and that Ted was the bomb.... It just doesn't make sense and it ruined last nights episode for me.

05-08-07, 12:31 PM (EST)
10. "RE: What I don't get"
But Claude also taught him how to control it. Claire with the gun is the back-up if he can't and blows up. It's the day before the election so I don't think he'll blow up now and niether does he thus meeting Ted before it's time would be ok in his mind.....like Hiro said....they have two days.

05-09-07, 06:49 PM (EST)
19. "RE: What I don't get"
Still wouldn't it just be easier to avoid acquiring the power in the first place. Claude taught him to contol the powers he already had. Has he gained any new powers since then? Could he instantly control them?

05-08-07, 12:50 PM (EST)
12. "On-Line Comic summary:"
This week we have a fight between 3 heroes vs. F_Peter and F_Hiro. Peter is taking a beating from 2 of them and Nikki who just met Peter jumps in to take one out. Peter takes Mr. Lightings/flying powers and Mrs. Speed but one was blocking Hiro from stopping time. Nikki uses a pole dancing move to knock out two and Hiro takes care of the thrid. The take the 200 special people from the prison and tell them they are still in danger and are going to take them to a special place in TX (HRG?). Nikki tells Peter that she has no family since the bomb went off and Peter says if there is anything he can do for her let him know. She wonders who will she become now.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-07, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: On-Line Comic summary:"
smooch

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-07, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: May 7 Episode..."
This is like early Lost. Every episode we get some answers, and more questions. *sigh*

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •