The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Feb 12 episode"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Heroes Forum (Protected)
Original message

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-13-07, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Feb 12 episode"
Let's see if I can get the filler right this time. It was cold and rainy today....turning into snow as I type this. My DH the teacher is praying for a snow day as he has four built into his schedule and they have only used two. I lit some candles and now am getting all snuggly before bed.

Okay, enough of that....When is Hiro gonna get the frickin' sword? I am so tired of him being powerless! Also, I wanted to know other's opinions as to what exactly Zane's power was. I thought he could melt metal, but then the phone was half-melted and tat would have been some plastic as well. So he can just melt anything?

I think the mind reader is going to find Jessica out, it's just a matter of time before he puts it all together and tells somebody.

It saddened me about Claire's mom, we had all speculated that the mond erasing would be bad for her, and it looks like it's finally taking it's toll. I think that's the last straw for Claire. She can hardly contain her anger as it is against HRG.

That's all. Not an amazingly exciting episode, but still good.

Flower arrangement by Sharnina!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Feb 12 episode HobbsofMI 02-13-07 1
   RE: Feb 12 episode AyaK 02-13-07 15
   RE: Feb 12 episode CantStandToLook 02-14-07 21
 Zane's power mrc 02-13-07 2
   RE: Zane's power pinksparkleguitar 02-13-07 4
       RE: Zane's power mrc 02-13-07 9
   RE: Zane's power HobbsofMI 02-13-07 6
       RE: Zane's power mrc 02-13-07 8
           RE: Zane's power HobbsofMI 02-13-07 11
 RE: Feb 12 episode azkate 02-13-07 3
   RE: Feb 12 episode J I M B O 02-13-07 5
 RE: Feb 12 episode Ice 9 02-13-07 7
   RE: Feb 12 episode azkate 02-13-07 10
       RE: Feb 12 episode Ice 9 02-13-07 14
   RE: Feb 12 episode HobbsofMI 02-13-07 12
       RE: Feb 12 episode Ice 9 02-13-07 13
           RE: Feb 12 episode pinksparkleguitar 02-13-07 16
           RE: Feb 12 episode J I M B O 02-13-07 17
               RE: Feb 12 episode trigirl 02-14-07 20
   RE: Feb 12 episode J I M B O 02-13-07 18
       RE: Feb 12 episode HobbsofMI 02-13-07 19
       RE: Feb 12 episode dragonflies 02-19-07 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-13-07, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Feb 12 episode"
Well....Matt and Jessica/Nikki finally got some good story lines but I'm wondering why DL has not picked up that she is gone during the day and wonder what's up with the packages. I think DL is a lot smarter then that and also he knows about Jessica so won't he be watching for it.....Was the guy with the cash/diamonds the same that let Jessica/Nikki out of jail and took the money from DL?

I did like Micha's question of when he could tell someone about their powers and they should be good guys.

I wonder why Nathan did not recognize Claire and why Claire did not at least look at who was her dad was. I wonder what Nathan's mom power is but Nathan sure did not listen to her.

I hate to say Hiro's buddy acted strange this week with the girl and bag, etc. I too want Hiro to get the sword and get his power back.

Zane's power is to liquefy things.....metal, plastic, etc. I think the phone was an early attempt and he did not have total control over it.

Overall....I thought it was OK....I think it needs to get going....

Save the Cheerleader Save the World
sig by Syren and bouncy by IceCat

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-07, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Feb 12 episode"
>Overall....I thought it was OK....I think
>it needs to get going....

It's slowed down so much, it feels like it's stopped dead. I'm sick of the backstory crap. These guys are comic book heroes! When we're delving into backstory, we're wasting everyone's time ... especially the viewers'.

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-07, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Feb 12 episode"
I think the half-melted phone was a clue for us and for idjiot Mohinder. The guy called him from the phone but now the phones half melted?? He was totally freaked out when he called originally but now hes all Zen. I hope Mohinder isn't that stupid.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-07, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Zane's power"
PSG! It's snowing?! That's spoiler info! Ack!

I think Zane had complete control over his power. The incomplete meltings were Sylar trying to gain control over his new power. Otherwise, how was Zane able to call Suresh if he had already melted the phone?

I too am wondering what power Nathan's mom possesses.

Hobbs, why do you think Claire should recognize Nathan? Has she seen him before? She met Peter, but not Nathan, IIRC.

Claire's real mom is a jerk. HRG is losing his little girl and his wife. Will he do something desperate to save them?

I liked this episode much better than last week's.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

02-13-07, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Zane's power"
I know you kid because you love.

02-13-07, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Zane's power"
I do. You have great taste in music.

02-13-07, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Zane's power"
Yes...the phone would be Sylar's attempt.....you are right.

Claire meet Nathan when he came down to TX when Peter saved her. Remember she went into the cell to talk to him and HRG and Nathan were standing there....or am I remembering wrong.

When Ted and Matt get there next week I think you'll see what HRG will do to protect his family.

02-13-07, 01:01 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Zane's power"
That's right. I wonder if Claire simply could not see him as he got into the car, then.

02-13-07, 02:52 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Zane's power"
I don't think she could see him but he saw her picture so I wondered what he was thinking then. Plus in the Canadian and MySpace preview we see Jessica retrieving her gun that she dropped. So Jessica has an added power besides just strength.

azkate 240 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-13-07, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail azkate Click to send private message to azkate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Feb 12 episode"
And I just have to say....I'm sorry that in a previous post I begged for Mohinder to leave his apartment. Now? Please go back into it and hide!

Geez, he finally goes somewhere and encounters Sylar.

Oh and if Hiro doesn't get that sword soon - I'm going to stroke-out!

These itty-bitty advancing plot lines are starting to drive me crazy. Is it just me?

another tribe work of art

J I M B O 6839 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-07, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Feb 12 episode"

These itty-bitty advancing plot lines are starting to drive me crazy. Is it just me?

No. From my thoughts after the 1/22 ep:

Why do I rant like this? Because I fear a dramatic slowdown in the show. It started with a bang, got popular, now they realize "Oh carp…this bomb is supposed to go off in three weeks. How do we get the most number of episodes/seasons out of this monster."

Ice 9 288 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-07, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ice%209 Click to send private message to Ice%209 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Feb 12 episode"
Once again, I feel out of step with the crowd...

I thought last night's episode was brilliant. It was the first time in a while that I felt each storyline they devoted time to was riveting. Even Nikki/Jessica wasn't as tiresome as usual.

Key developments from last night included:
1) Claire's bio mom is a big fat fraud, who was totally going to shortchange Claire (not that Claire cared an iota for the money).

2) We saw the tiniest glimmerings of Nathan's soul. Maybe a dollar short and a day late, but at least he has one...an atrophying soul, to be sure, but a soul nonetheless. He will turn out to be much more valuable to Claire than bio mom...in time (provided he doesn't die next week).

3) Claire's real mom has been mind-erased one time too many. This is one more step toward HRG's total unraveling.

4) Parkman is now also tied to Linderman (and has his money). I think all of our main Heroes except (maybe) Claire now have no more than 2 degrees of separation from him.

5) Parkman heard Nikki and Jessica as two distinct people. I think this is an important, if subtle revelation.

6) Nikki now has a mission to kill Nathan. THAT should be interesting.

7) Mohinder meets Sylar. A Sylar who can now melt things.

8) Ando & Hiro are back in Vegas and hooked up with a woman who is probably one of Linderman's operatives.

That's quite a lot for one episode, imo. The only nagging question I have is why Parkman could hear Nikki/Jessica in the stairwell and on the elevator (both behind closed doors), but couldn't hear her behind him.

azkate 240 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-07, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail azkate Click to send private message to azkate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Feb 12 episode"
Hey Ice,

I don't think you are out of step . It was an interesting episode. Maybe it has do with a viewers choice of favorite character?

For example, for me, the Jess/Nikki plot line lost me because it was so slow to develop. Same with Peter. Too much backstory drag. While the storyline finally advanced for them and was interesting, I am starting to feel like the non-advancement of some of the other "favorite" characters is a deliberate ploy by the writers to have us hanging on by our fingernails at the end of each episode. Unfortunately at the end of the episode last night, I just felt frustrated. No resolves big or small and MORE new characters.

It must be difficult to try and write plotlines without forseeing how the public will embrace certain characters. I also think that introducing new powers into story right now may be a mistake because it is hard to keep up with who's who and where and why. Maybe the writers are thinking "new characters" equals "fast pacing storyline." I'm sure they will resolve at least half of this in the Finale with the other half hanging for another season.

I tend to agree with JIMBO but I will still be watching because this is still some of the better t.v. around.

another tribe work of art

02-13-07, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ice%209 Click to send private message to Ice%209 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Feb 12 episode"
I've hated the Jess/Nikki plotline for a while. Last night it FINALLY got some traction. That may have been the best episode yet for that story (although that's not saying much).

I'm not sure what there is to "resolve". I thought the whole point of a serialized show was that it was supposed to be a continuing narrative. I get the frustration with Hiro & Ando's story, but I think that one is about to take off. Last night was just a set-up for them. It didn't help that they've been spinning their wheels for 3 or 4 episodes now, but I really think that story is going somewhere in the next 2 episodes.

Also, the new characters aren't really anything other than support. Zane was a "one and done" and was the conduit for Mohinder to meet Sylar to launch that story arc of Sylar trying to get the list from Mohinder. Claire's mom is really just a conduit for 3 stories: Claire's growing mistrust of HRG, Nathan's struggle with what he really is vs. what his family (read: his mom) expects him to be, and the beginning of a Claire/Nathan (and Peter as uncle) story arc. So these characters are pretty essential to advancing the overall plot. And Claude (the Invisible Man), though he wasn't there last night, is essential right now as Peter tries to get control over his powers.

I just don't get how, if you're already interested in the show, you could watch last night's episode and NOT want to tune in next week...

02-13-07, 02:54 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Feb 12 episode"
I think Matt could hear her the first few times because he was concentrating on her but when he went back to find his guy he was trying to hear him and blocked Jessica out or he can only hear one person at a time right now.

02-13-07, 03:07 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Feb 12 episode"
Well, it's not true that he can only hear one person at a time, because he's been flooded before (the bar scene where he met the Haitian) and when he heard Nikki/Jessica, he thought they were two people having a conversation.

I'm leaning more toward your idea that he was concentrating on something else (the lawyer) and thought that Jessica was contained.

02-13-07, 07:34 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Feb 12 episode"
I thought maybe he could hear Nicki and Jessica because for a brief time, Nicki was actually standing physically in the stairway, not just stuck in the reflection. Jessica actually looked for her in the relecting mirror on the landing and didn't see her, she was standing on the stairs. Maybe she's learning more on how to merge the alter egos together?

02-13-07, 08:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Feb 12 episode"

Or maybe she somehow "caught on" that he has some sort of telepathy after he questioned her about the "two" voices...so when she snuck up on him she purposefully tried to keep her mind clear of thought.

Okay, a bit of a reach and overanalysis...but a possibility eh?

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-14-07, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Feb 12 episode"
Okay, a bit of a reach and overanalysis...but a possibility eh?

Overanalysis....absolutely not. 'Cause that's what I was thinking too. tee hee

02-13-07, 09:00 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Feb 12 episode"

I don't get Sylar. I think they backed themselves into a corner a bit. At some times he seems totally invincible and fearless. But why would he show up at Claire's house and then run? And why are they all of the sudden 'safe' in that house? Why wouldn't he just hide in the bushes until Claire is home without HRG???

It'll be interesting to see if/when/how Mohinder catches on to Sylar. I can see why he'd let him live and lead him to others...but after the first one (or three) ends up dead you would think Mohinder will have to act. I hope he kept HRG's business card!

02-13-07, 09:47 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Feb 12 episode"
For some more info on Sylar and why he ran go on-line and read the comic book.

I too hope that Mohnder catches on to Sylar....I hope he is the one dead next week.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-07, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Feb 12 episode"
Sylar had to run because HRG had the Haitian with him. Remember it was the Haitian and Eden who brought Sylar in the first time.

I enjoyed the episode.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •