The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"12/4 Episode"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Heroes Forum (Protected)
Original message

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-04-06, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"12/4 Episode"
Ok...another great episode....I'm so sad that it's gone for a month....what are we going to do....plus they did not even tease what would be coming up. Eve is gone and Sylar is on the loose to get Clair again. Peter's mind is getting fried by melding with Sylar? I wonder why he could not heal when Clair was there? But he also has the power to see the future from Issac and he is the man on fire. Issac is figuring out his powers and how to use them when not on drugs. Hiro is the comic relief along with our Cop buddy. I wonder how the room controlled Sylar until Eve came in or does he pickup powers like Peter is now and thus just being around them....that is a big mystery. I wonder if Mohinder will follow Eve's trail to Texas or will everyone be going to NYC so Peter can blow up.....Peter's dream of Sylar and NYC is like Mohinder's little boy but of the future and not the past.

I want more!!!!!!!!! and can't wait.

Save the Cheerleader Save the World
sig by Syren and bouncy by IceCat

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 12/4 Episode KwietOne 12-05-06 1
 RE: 12/4 Episode zombiebaby 12-05-06 2
   RE: 12/4 Episode J I M B O 12-06-06 18
       RE: 12/4 Episode sharnina 12-07-06 22
           RE: 12/4 Episode emydi 12-07-06 24
           RE: 12/4 Episode J I M B O 12-07-06 27
 A whole month! Breezy 12-05-06 3
   RE: A whole month! geg6 12-05-06 5
 RE: 12/4 Episode CattyChat 12-05-06 4
   RE: 12/4 Episode cheesybread 12-06-06 8
       RE: 12/4 Episode geg6 12-06-06 10
       RE: 12/4 Episode JohnMc 12-06-06 11
   RE: 12/4 Episode J I M B O 12-06-06 17
   RE: 12/4 Episode IanQuentin 12-06-06 20
 RE: 12/4 Episode emydi 12-05-06 6
   RE: 12/4 Episode J I M B O 12-06-06 16
 RE: 12/4 Episode Das Mole 12-05-06 7
   RE: 12/4 Episode J I M B O 12-06-06 15
       RE: 12/4 Episode Das Mole 12-06-06 19
           RE: 12/4 Episode Breezy 12-07-06 23
               Future Sylar? Breezy 12-08-06 29
   RE: 12/4 Episode Bebo 12-07-06 26
 RE: 12/4 Episode JohnMc 12-06-06 9
   RE: 12/4 Episode J I M B O 12-06-06 12
 Peter's "Dream"/"Vision"/whatever Das Mole 12-06-06 13
   RE: Peter's "Dream"/"Vision"/whatev... J I M B O 12-06-06 14
       RE: Peter's "Dream"/"Vision"/whatev... JohnMc 12-07-06 25
 RE: 12/4 Episode flipxcyd 12-07-06 21
   RE: 12/4 Episode fanfromseason1 12-08-06 28
       RE: 12/4 Episode J I M B O 12-08-06 30
 RE: 12/4 Episode sharnina 12-10-06 31
   RE: 12/4 Episode J I M B O 12-11-06 32
 RE: 12/4 Episode sharnina 12-13-06 33
   RE: 12/4 Episode trigirl 12-14-06 34
       RE: 12/4 Episode sharnina 12-14-06 35
   RE: 12/4 Episode sharnina 01-03-07 36
       Necklace trigirl 01-06-07 37
           RE: Necklace sharnina 01-22-07 39

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-05-06, 03:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 12/4 Episode"
OMG!!!!! No!!! I can't wait till 1/22/07!

A tribephyl siggie

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

12-05-06, 07:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 12/4 Episode"
Ok I really thought that the vision in the end was going to be them all running from a dinosaur like in Isaac's painting.

What was Mohinder doing in the dream? Does he have powers too that he is unaware of? Is it the dreaming?

HRG guy is more ambiguous again. Good or evil?

What about Hatian guy? Is he turning on HRG...is he the good one or the bad one?

So I guess DL and Michah were aware of Jessica/Nikki all along? Or at least Michah?

J I M B O 6839 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-06, 08:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: 12/4 Episode"

So I guess DL and Michah were aware of Jessica/Nikki all along? Or at least Michah?

Micah for sure, but that was the first time DL bought into the concept.

Was it just me, or were other people waiting for Micah to do something Hero-ish during that ep? I thot he was going to heal DL or carry him to safety with super-strength...I know he's got skills, I just know it.

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-07-06, 01:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: 12/4 Episode"
Remember the episode (2 or 3 ago) when Micah called his mom? He went out the payphone that was out of order and moved his hand over it in order to make it work. So I think his power has something to with electronics.

"The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son,
and they will call him Immanuel"—which means, "God with us." Matthew 1:23

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-06, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: 12/4 Episode"
and he took apart the computer his grandfather gave him who went ballistic

12-07-06, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: 12/4 Episode"

Mmm, yes. So little to go on with Micah...thus my curiosity for how much a part he'll play in the future. Is he just a kid who can fix stuff, or does he have some grand destiny awaiting? The less they reveal about him now makes me wonder all the more.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

12-05-06, 08:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "A whole month!"
The last half of this episode was on the edge of your seat awesome!

They didn't give us any picture hints, but we did get voice over hints for when it comes back.

HRG has to be bad, why would he want to wipe Claire's memory? I think he's working for Lindeman. I loved that the Hatian didn't wipe her memory. And! He can talk! OMH

So Peter is the man on fire? Does that mean he meets the nuke dude at some point and absorbs that?

I love Hiro.

Snowy breeze by Tribey.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

12-05-06, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: A whole month!"
>The last half of this episode
>was on the edge of
>your seat awesome!

Yes, me, too.

>HRG has to be bad, why
>would he want to wipe
>Claire's memory?

I don't necessarily agree with that. It may be that he's like any other dad on earth in that he's afraid she may go off half-cocked, teenager that she is. He's trying to protect her. Not that I think he's right, but I don't see anything all that sinister about it.

I think
>he's working for Lindeman.

Now that is intriguing. Hmmmmm...I like that.

>I loved that the Hatian
>didn't wipe her memory. And!
>He can talk! OMH

Yeah! Scary black dude is super cool. I think he's totally awesome and not-quite-so-scary black dude, now.

>So Peter is the man on
>fire? Does that mean he
>meets the nuke dude at
>some point and absorbs that?

Seems so.

>I love Hiro.

How can you not? He's the most adorable person I've ever seen on TV.

Oh, and has anyone else been reading the Heroes graphic novels on the NBC site? I just recently started to and they do have tantalizing information. Especially, in light of how HRG was characterized on the show this week, this week's installment.

http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/downloads/

Democrats make better lovers. Whoever heard of a good piece of elephant?

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

12-05-06, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 12/4 Episode"
Waiting a whole month is going to suck, but I saved all eps on my DVR and will rewatch from the beginning over the next month for any little tidbits I might have missed the first time around.

At least it's only a month & we're not being jerked around like Lost does to us. Officially, Heros has far surpassed Lost as my favorite show on television.

Well, it looks like Eden & Hot Haitian are ready to defect from the operation. Too bad Eden met her demise. Loved it when Hot Haitian began to speak & is filling in Claire on what is going on. Claire's father is not evil like Sylar, but he is sinister and not in it for the best interest of all these "heros" with the abilities. Can't wait to find out what him & his operation have to do with the whole thing.

The dinosaur painting made me believe that Hiro transports himself waaaay back in the past, probably accidentally, before he gets better control of his ability? Or maybe he thinks he can do something to change time by going back to that time & "step on a bug" to change the future? So, I wonder where Hiro gets his sword? He is hilarious!

I didn't understand how Sylar was able to break out of his "containment" cell when Eden was there. I knew he had to get away somehow, his character is too good to kill off so soon.

Peter's dream of the future was eerie. Obviously all the other "heros" know this is going to happen & they are "sorry" they weren't able to stop it from happening. Mohinder being there must mean that he is going to start connecting with the other heros soon, to be fully in the loop. I guess they were trying to evacuate NYC (why cars/streets were empty) in anticipation of Peter's arrival.

Another GREAT episode and I thought it was great the way it ended to keep us all anticipating the return of the show next year.

Are YOU on the list?

cheesybread 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-06-06, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cheesybread Click to send private message to cheesybread Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: 12/4 Episode"
I didn't understand how Sylar was able to break out of his "containment" cell when Eden was there. I knew he had to get away somehow, his character is too good to kill off so soon.

I have a theory about this, I don't think Sylar can manipulate humans (organic?) with his TK. HRG didn't bring anything dangerous with him that could be used to smash the glass. However, Eden brought a pistol, which was hard enough and Sylar could move with enough force to break the glass.

According to the online comic though, Sylar did not escape. At least, not certainly. In the comic, guards come in and tranquilize him. So presumably he is still held, but Eden is definitely dead.

Peter's dream of the future was eerie. Obviously all the other "heros" know this is going to happen & they are "sorry" they weren't able to stop it from happening. Mohinder being there must mean that he is going to start connecting with the other heros soon, to be fully in the loop. I guess they were trying to evacuate NYC (why cars/streets were empty) in anticipation of Peter's arrival.

I'm not sold on the vision of the future angle. I don't think he can see the future. I think his dreams are fictional or symbolic representations of things and those around him. (Much as our dreams are.) His dreams are relevant to the future but they are not necessarily literal. Also, his dream about Nathan happened after/or during the accident. When he woke up from the dream and received the call the accident would have already taken place.

I also have a hard time understanding the Hiro/T-Rex painting as a literal representation of the future. Didn't Issac say something about the great thing about Comics is they don't have to represent reality literally?

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-06, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: 12/4 Episode"
>I also have a hard time
>understanding the Hiro/T-Rex painting as
>a literal representation of the
>future. Didn't Issac say
>something about the great thing
>about Comics is they don't
>have to represent reality literally?

Yes, Isaac did say that. And? I agree with your assessment. I thought the exact same thing while I watched.

Democrats make better lovers. Whoever heard of a good piece of elephant?

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-06-06, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: 12/4 Episode"
Excellent thoughts, cheesy.

I hadn't thought about the organic angle. That makes much more sense with the TK power. It would have taken something heavy, like the gun, to break the glass.

(Random question to anyone who might know - what is the difference between telekinesis (sp?) and levitation? Is it just that organic element?)

But as I asked earlier, did Hatian guy inhibit Sylar's ability to break out while Claire's dad was there?

Btw, it's more than apparent that he thought that entire situation through when Eden proposed it earlier. He's very bright - what is his power? There is someone more powerful than both him and Sylar out there, which would explain why they would want to "bring him into the fold" instead of killing him.

I'm not sure I buy into the idea of Hiro's dinosaur painting not being literal. Everything that Isaac has painted so far has been literal, including the pictures of them and Charlie at the diner.

I think that Hiro's power is limited because he has to know what he is doing. At first, it was to do something better than being a cubicle worker. Since then, there have always been altruistic motives, including saving the girl in front of the bus and doing all the things to try to save Charlie. So his trip to the dinosaur would have to be literal.

This being said, it may be a trip to prehistoric times but I think there is more likely a current day explanation. He always ends up in a time with someone with a super power. He can't be in prehistoric times without totally screwing the time continuum, so I'm wondering if there is some movie set that he ends up with. Or maybe because Sylar sees how things are put together, he creates a dinosaur. Or maybe he and Ando end up back in Japan on some B-Japanese Godzilla-ish movie lot. I dunno, but I think it's literal.

12-06-06, 08:49 PM (EST)
17. "RE: 12/4 Episode"

Peter's dream of the future was eerie. Obviously all the other "heros" know this is going to happen & they are "sorry" they weren't able to stop it from happening.

When I watched it again, it appears Claire looks him up and down before saying "sorry". As if she expected him to have 3 arms and 3 legs or something. Not sure what it means though.

IanQuentin 101 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-06-06, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IanQuentin Click to send private message to IanQuentin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: 12/4 Episode"

I think it may have to do with the building itself. If I was part of an organization that Mr. Bennett seems to be a part of, I would want to make sure no one's powers work on me under normal circumstances.

When Eden walked into the room and flipped the light switch, I think she had a device in her right hand that was not a gun. I'm willing to bet this little guy enabled her powers in the room as well as Sylar's.

And according to the online novels on the Heroes website, Sylar is recapured.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

12-05-06, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 12/4 Episode"
That was the best ep to date!!! When Nathan Petrilli turned into Sylar I jumped out of my seat!! I don't remember this actor being this good from 24!! So Mohinder can see the past in his dreams and Peter the future...hmmm.

I too think HRG's "boss" who wants to keep Sylar alive is Linderman. Haitian black dude is coool...what's he up to with Claire though?

The ending was so weird with Peter being the fire man...I thought it was the radioactive dude that killed his wife...so do they meet up or is Peter fire man some other way?

I was totally taken by surprise by Eden being the one to die! That'll teach her to kiss my Mohinder!! I guess he will have to figure out her real name from his list...and if being on Mohinder's list is wrong...I don't want to be right

Oh and Hiro better find that sword fast!!

12-06-06, 08:45 PM (EST)
16. "RE: 12/4 Episode"
>That was the best ep to
>date!!!

Can't argue with ya there!

>Haitian black
>dude is coool...what's he up
>to with Claire though?

I think this gives us some insight into HRG. Obviously, Haitian dude has a heart...not to mention a mind of his own. He did what he thought was right. Does that mean he helps HRG (to an extent) because HRG is doing "good"? Or is he just a minion and HRG is not doing "good"? Considering the principle he showed with Claire, I'm guessing he wouldn't be with HRG at all if he were a bad guy.

>The ending was so weird with
>Peter being the fire man...I
>thought it was the radioactive
>dude that killed his wife...so
>do they meet up or
>is Peter fire man some
>other way?

I think he saw what he was meant to see...not literally the future. Just like Claire's supposed death. As for blowing himself up, I dunno. Maybe later on he can permantently retain other people's powers. Maybe radioactive dude was passed out at his feet...I'm more curious why he would need to blow up. It almost seemed like his brother coming out of the building "triggered" him...but the look on his face was shock. Personally, I think the opening scene and ending scene give us a hint. Opening scene Nathan turns into Sylar. Maybe the point of his facial expression (and perhaps the whole reason he goes nuclear) is that it isn't his brother at the end, but Sylar.

So many great questions. I think they're striking a much better balance with revealing answers/generating new questions than LOST has.

Das Mole 2364 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

12-05-06, 09:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 12/4 Episode"
This was the best episode of them all. By far. Not that that hasn't been said already.

I have to wonder...is Eden really the "Hero" that we lost? Was she even a hero, or just a cast member? The way I see it, we could be losing Niki/Jessica. We don't know what happened to Peter either at the end, although he's probably fine since apparently he blows up NYC anyway.

I guess the Haitian guy isn't bad. Still kinda creepy, though.

Was Sylar always able to break through that glass, but never felt like it until he realized he had to in order to (try to) get Eden's power?

Can't wait until it comes back on again!

das.

12-06-06, 08:37 PM (EST)
15. "RE: 12/4 Episode"

I have to wonder...is Eden really the "Hero" that we lost?

I believe so. I loved that moment too, totally didn't see it coming!

Question though, Sylar mocked her saying "you think that can hurt ME?" What the heck does that mean?! He can't be shot and killed?? I could see that if he already had Claire's power, but what makes him bulletproof now?

12-06-06, 10:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: 12/4 Episode"
I believe he has healing powers from somewhere else.

Remember the first time Matt Parkman and Audrey encountered him in that one building? And he forced Audrey to hold the gun to her own head. Then Parkman ran into the room and shot Sylar, but he got back up.

And it wasn't a normal standing up, either. It was this weird "get up". Like he was reversing time or something.

Which would be just as odd since he hasn't taken Hiro's powers.

das.

12-07-06, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: 12/4 Episode"
But if he has Hiro's powers he could go back thru time. Maybe it was future Sylar.

12-08-06, 03:42 PM (EST)
29. "Future Sylar?"
Hello? I think this really could have happened.

Have we discussed this already and I'm late to the party? Please link me if I have.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-06, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: 12/4 Episode"
>I have to wonder...is Eden really
>the "Hero" that we lost?
>Was she even a hero,
>or just a cast member?

Yes. EOnline's Kristen reported that her character's death had originally been planned for later in the season, but due to contract negotiation issues with the actress, they moved it up.

12-06-06, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: 12/4 Episode"
I am thrilled about this show! It just boggles my mind. I wonder if even the writers even know what is going to happen next.

<<Peter's mind is getting fried by melding with Sylar?>>

Yes, this is confusing. I'm not sure if we know all the powers that Sylar has, though he apparently has absorbed a lot of powers. He can "put things together". And we know he can move objects because of his first kill. But Peter's vision was just wierd. He thinks that he is the cause of the explosion, which I'm not sure is the case. I think it's a metaphor, because he doesn't have Isaac's ability to see into the future. Plus all those people would have to end up in NYC, and all those cars have to be empty. I think it is more of his "ability to put things together" combined with some ability to see visions.

Question: How did Mohinder's dad die? I know he was cremated and Sylar killed him, but did Sylar take his brain out? If so, did Mohinder's dad have this visionary ability that Mo has, thus giving him that visionary ability passed through genes by birth rather than by mutation? That's the only way I can figure Peter having the "vision".

<<I didn't understand how Sylar was able to break out of his "containment" cell when Eden was there. I knew he had to get away somehow, his character is too good to kill off so soon.>>

<<Was Sylar always able to break through that glass, but never felt like it until he realized he had to in order to (try to) get Eden's power?>>

Was the Hatian guy around when Claire's dad was talking to Sylar? He seems to be able to inhibit brain waves, thus "erasing" memory if needed. So he might have kept Sylar from doing a wack job on him whereas Eden ended up getting whacked. She couldn't completely control his mind like she thought she could as Sylar has too many other powers that I just can't figure out yet.

Also, it was dark, which I think inhibited his ability to see how to break through. I think Sylar has to see in order for his powers to work. He can work it all out in his head, but when Eden had the lights on and the door open, I think that's when he could figure it all out and use his powers. (That and the fact that Hatian guy wasn't around to inhibit him.)

This whole thing is like XMen without Dr. X. All these people have to learn about their powers on their own with no guidance. Really means that depending on how their human parents raised them will determine how they use their powers. I also like that it's a metaphor for how people who are different have the power to do extra-ordinary things with their lives.

12-06-06, 01:27 PM (EST)
12. "RE: 12/4 Episode"

RE: Mo's dad...I don't think there's even been a hint of him having any powers, so I wouldn't think Sylar killed him for his brain. Unless maybe Sylar can also absorb any knowledge a person has...that would be an easy way for him to obtain "the list" he knew the doctor had.

Was the Hatian guy around when Claire's dad was talking to Sylar?

I don't think he was the first time Sylar was seen in the cell. I'm pretty sure it was HRG and Big Eyes.

He seems to be able to inhibit brain waves, thus "erasing" memory if needed. So he might have kept Sylar from doing a wack job on him whereas Eden ended up getting whacked.

For a while I was wondering if it was the Hatian or HRG himself. But the way he said "your powers won't work in here" made me think there was something about the room itself that was inhibiting Sylar's powers. Obviously not if he could use the pistol to break the glass.

Just like when Mind Reading Cop *waves to mrc* was trying to "hear" something in the parking lot. Was it the Hatian, or HRG? And that X-men reference?? Just watched Last Stand again and wonder if there isn't some anti-power control already in the hands of HRG. It was subtle, but when HRG was talking to Peter it looked like there was some "bad" effect going on...at which point HRG left the room.

12-06-06, 06:23 PM (EST)
13. "Peter's "Dream"/"Vision"/whatever"
I think this is the most questionable part of the episode, and I'm confused as to whether or not it was actually him seeing the future.

I personally don't think it could be for a couple of reasons. For one thing, he doesn't have the power to blow up as far as we know, and secondly he wasn't near Isaac at the time of the vision/dream.

However...

I don't think it could be a "symbolic" thing, either. Unlike in the premiere, where he dreamed he could fly, this one contained other Heroes. And here's the biggest thing for me..

Unless I'm mistaken, D.L., Micah, and Niki were all in the dream. But so far throughout the show, Peter hasn't met any of them, has he? How could he have seen them in the dream unless it was an actual vision of the future?

The whole thing is a bit confusing, unless Peter's powers extend farther than we know.

das.

12-06-06, 08:34 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Peter's "Dream"/"Vision"/whatever"

Crazy thought I know...but what if his absorption of powers ISN'T temporary?? What if he *can* assume powers just by being near someone, but is simply too new to the whole thing to control it? That would explain a lot IMO. And if it is just his conscious mind that's the obstacle, that would explain why his dreams may show the first glimpse of it...like he really did absorb Isaac's ability, just doesn't know how to use it yet.

That would make him one baaad mofo, and quite the compliment to Sylar's method of gaining power. Might also explain why he seemed so messed up after meeting Sylar...if he somehow all the sudden picked up every power Sylar has? That would make for a headache.

As for a literal view of the future? I don't think so. I think Isaac (and to some extent Peter) see what they're supposed to see.

I was wondering what the heck was the deal with the opening scene. Peter's brother came through the door similarly to later on...so was he seeing the future? But then Sylar jacked him up, what was THAT?? Was that all in his dream, or was Sylar telekinetically screwing with him?

12-07-06, 01:36 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Peter's "Dream"/"Vision"/whatever"
Good speculation Jimbo - I'm with you on it.

He is a novice with his powers, but he has always been able to use it at just the right time.

If he can "absorb" powers, then he would have Peter's ability to fly, Isaac's ability to see the future, the cheerleader's ability to heal, and everything that Sylar has, including the ability to see how things "fit" (but perhaps also the ability to move objects that he hasn't discovered yet).

Now, try this on for size. Remember how Peter just had his "vision" and at the end he said that he was the cause of the explosion. Well, just suppose he meets up with radioactive guy so he has that power. Also, just suppose that he finally meets up with Hiro. Well, if he can now jump through space and time, then:

1. Peter could go into the future, thus meeting Hiro again in future time to get the "save the cheerleader, save the world" message.
2. However, because Peter doesn't have control of space/time jumping, then Hiro makes a jump to find him but ends up in the dinosaur fight first, thus acquiring the sword. Later, after surviving the dinosaur challenge, and/or through a series of time leaps, Peter and Hiro finally get together in the subway train and have their conversation.

This could allow all his visions to be prophetic rather than just an allusion. So this scene with all the heroes may be able to come to pass if 1) they all end up in NYC, 2) either Hiro or now Peter stops time long enough for the heroes to run away, and 3) Peter has radiation guys power and then blows up.

But also, remember this:

Could this now be Peter flying away after the blast? Thus, he survives, the heroes run away and survive but don't know that Peter survives due to his combination of powers.

Speculation on my part... except for my ChillOne source on the set of NBC. ;)

flipxcyd 1053 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-07-06, 00:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: 12/4 Episode"
AH man....great ep! Can't wait till next month!

Got Tribe?
Are you on the list?

fanfromseason1 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-08-06, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fanfromseason1 Click to send private message to fanfromseason1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: 12/4 Episode"
The whole 2 seasons thing drives me crazy. I wasn't sure I'd like the show but I have come to really love it. Hiro is great! I love watching his character develop. I wondered if Peter can't handle being around so many other Heros since he can "borrow" powers? With Micah's parents both having powers he should have something really cool and pretty powerful.

12-08-06, 04:01 PM (EST)
30. "RE: 12/4 Episode"

He was certainly "troubled" during the ep. When HRG was in the room he almost looked like he was going to pass out. Not sure if it was "all" from the near-death experience or if HRG was affecting him somehow. And I LOVED the "feedback" thing with the cop...well played.

Agreed about DL/Nikki. And don't forget, Micah gots some skeels too! Now that you mention it, I wonder if Nikki has a "power" or just a terribly split personality. What the heck *would* Peter be able to do if around Nikki?? Or would Jessica be able to control Peter perhaps??

12-10-06, 02:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: 12/4 Episode"
I loved this last episode. It answered some questions and created so many more. I can hardly wait for Jan. 22 to roll around. That will be a nice B-day present (a couple of days late).

And I wanted to show off my new Heroes siggy.

Save the cheerleader, save the world.

12-11-06, 09:32 PM (EST)
32. "RE: 12/4 Episode"

Wow. That's one wicked cool sig pic!

12-13-06, 06:56 PM (EST)
33. "RE: 12/4 Episode"
Did anybody notice this in the last episode. When Nicki reached down to pick up the shirt we saw this on her shoulder.

So far the marks on their shoulders have only been the two little slashes. Why has Nicki's changed? Are all of the heroes' marks changing? Oh, the intrigue!

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-14-06, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: 12/4 Episode"
I noticed the mark too. I wondered if it meant that she was now fully evolved. The strange thing is that the cop and radiocative man both noticed their 'marks' after visiting HRG and SBD. Is it connected to HRG or is it part of the genetic evolution?

We may have to change the name of SBD since he seems kind of nice now. Also, how did we know he was Haitian if he didn't ever speak?

12-14-06, 11:18 AM (EST)
35. "RE: 12/4 Episode"
HRG has referred to him as "the Haitian" an episode or two ago.

01-03-07, 08:07 PM (EST)
36. "RE: 12/4 Episode"
Look at Scary Haitian guy's necklace! First time I've noticed that.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-06-07, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "Necklace"
Is it the symbol from the tattoo and Isaac's painting?

01-22-07, 02:56 AM (EST)
39. "RE: Necklace"
That's what it looks like to me. Eerie, huh.

I'm working on Heroes siggie for you.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •