The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S45 - Ep 11 Summary: Katurah's backstory "can rip your heart out""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 3399 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-08-23, 09:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S45 - Ep 11 Summary: Katurah's backstory "can rip your heart out""
Previously on Survivor...

Bruce doesn’t know what hit him walking out of TC with his II.

Everyone appropriately acknowledges Emily for the best move/play this season by blindsiding Bruce (and his II) out of the game. And she did so WITHOUT the benefit of being on the season’s power alliance. Even though some may want to single out someone from the Reba 4 and shoot sunshine up their backend when they actually make decisions as a group.

Returning from TC, the feeling at camp is like Munchkin land after Dorothy’s house killed the Wicked Witch of the East. No one is more elated than Katurah who wanted Bruce out from day one.

Reba 4 is savoring its alliance dominance.

Austin and Dee are savoring their summer camp crush. Prior to the Austin/Dee scene, Production should have flashed a disclaimer for viewers to have a vile of insulin and a syringe handy for the sappy, sugary dialogue that followed. Instead, we get a flashback of Rob and Amb”a” from the season they had the audacity to call “All-Stars.” One could only imagine Jiffy’s orgasmic excitement in the editing room as he got to relive his man-crush over Rob.

We’re reminded when Rob tells us how great it would be to “win the million and the girl.” Even though a bitter-betty Jury deprived him the million, when he proposed to Amb”a” and she accepted, he was able to keep the million “in the family.” I don’t think lightning will strike twice here. Conversely, Austin is darn near underwriting the million to Dee...as if having the women on the Jury isn’t enough to tip the scale in Dee’s favor. Although I will say in Dee’s defense, at least she’s not “skanking” her way to the million. Fact is, she’s very, VERY fortunate to have been placed on a tribe with a guy who is infatuated with T-Rex mouths and allergic-reaction lips. Oh, that’s right...it’s really her...UMMM...conversation *snort*

Jake and Katurah have a much different conversation. Both realizing they’re not part of the Reba 4 power alliance, Jake advised Katurah they should not “upset the apple c”ah”rt.” Katurah looks confused. Not sure if Katurah is confused by Jake’s Boston accent or if she’s not familiar with that idiom. Jake replies, “Whatev’a’”

It’s the next scene that steals this episode IMO. Katurah shares her horrific backstory about how her mom took her out of grade school and joined some Rev. Jim Jones-like cult on a whim. It wasn’t until the cult forced Katurah to become a child bride they decided to escape. If anyone should be ruthlessly bashed in this post, it is Katurah’s mom. It’s no wonder Katurah disowned her. Mommie Dearest should consider herself lucky that’s all Katurah did. As if that’s not enough, she informs us she’s a “poor black gay woman.” Did Production check off all the boxes with this one, or what?

And we should have felt sorry for Emily last episode when she bellyached over not being there for her sister who was moving because she’s on Survivor???

Right after Jake tells us he needs to st”ah”t making moves, the castaways hear a boat coming. It’s a message for a journey for only ONE player. Along with the message is a bag of rocks and only one is green. If more than one player wishes to embark on the journey, the ones who wish to participate must draw rocks and the one who draws green gets to go. Like DUH, do you think they’ll have to draw??? *snort*

Emily draws the green rock who proceeds to whine over the prospect of going on the journey to make the target on her even larger fresh off spearheading the move of the season thus far. OK, then why the heck did she decide to draw???

Anyway, she goes on the journey where she’s confronted with some puzzle with four rings and a string no one on Survivor has yet to solve. If she solves it, she wins immunity; but if she joins the prior castaways who failed, she loses her vote at next TC. Last time she choked on a numbers puzzle that should have been in an Investment Analyst’s wheelhouse. Needing the DNA from Einstein and Frank Lloyd Wright to solve this one, Emily chooses wisely to walk away; and her journey ends as quickly as it began.

She returned back to camp telling the truth about her journey. Everyone believes her but Dee...AH, nice read Dee... LOL The talk while she was away is do they target Emily or Mama J, but Drew tells Emily not to worry because the majority want Mama J (and her idol) out since no one wants to sit at FTC next to someone with a “Mama” label thanks to being the ONLY older woman casted due to CBS’s age discrimination.

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE

Only ONE combined reward/immunity challenge. No wonder the show is losing viewers...

Players must unravel enough slack with their rope to reach a beanbag toss area and knockdown all their blocks needed to spell “RESOURCEFULNESS” on BOTH sides to win.

Drew has the easiest time unraveling his rope, but as we saw last episode, an early lead does not equate to victory. Not only does Drew cry like a girl, and have hissy fits like a girl, he throws like one too. As a result, Austin catches up and spells out “RESOURCEFULNESS” on only ONE side. Jeff tells him “BOTH sides are not right,” Austin proceeds to stare at his blocks like the “lovestruck” boy he is. Even Percy Sledge sang in his classic song "When a man loves a woman; can’t keep his mind on nothing else…”

Drew, who is not involved in any showmance and whose mind is free of those distractions, spells the word on both sides and wins the challenge.

In addition to immunity, Drew also partakes in a BBQ. With only seven players remaining, he must choose two others to accompany him. It’s back-to-back sausage parties when Drew picks Jake and Austin.

At the BBQ, the boys realize Mama J needs to be taken out. It’s just a matter of not letting Mama’s closest friend in the game (Dee) know because Mama has an II. This means Austin must not turn on the majority consensus and leak it to Dee. Percy Sledge goes on to sing, When a man loves a woman; he’ll turn his back on his best friend...” Or to put that in Survivor context, he’ll turn on his alliance mate. I think we all know where this one is heading...

When the girls were enjoying the reward last episode, the boys back at camp did what dudes do...burp, fart, and flex. This time around, while the boys are at reward the girls back at camp do what girls do...evaluate their wardrobe by determining the buff’s origin of manufacturer.

Drew has garnished enough votes to blindside Mama J and her idol as long as she does not have any reason to feel she needs to play it. But Austin’s infatuation with T-Rex mouths and allergic-reaction lips is too overwhelming NOT to spill the beans to Mama J’s confidant Dee. Dee wastes little time relaying the information to Mama J, who reacts with a nightmare scenario of possibly writing Austin’s name when she plays her idol. Dee realizes her dilemma by lamenting her game is now in Mama J’s hands. What we really have is a chain reaction of dumb moves made by kneejerk reaction bobos blinded by raw emotion.

TRIBAL COUNCIL

Same old; same old... Jake’s still saying it gets hard”a.” Drew still rambles aimlessly with dull historical references causing Kellie’s eyes to roll so far to the back of her head she nearly falls off the top row of the jury perch. Players bemoan about how personal the game is getting and not wanting to hurt anyone’s feelings that gets a reaction from Bruce who looks like he’s ready to punch someone’s lights out.

OK, what we really want to see is if Julie and Austin will play their idols, so it’s time to vote. After everyone votes, Jeff ceremonially asks if anyone wants to play their idol. Julie rises and plays hers followed by a Kendra Kleavage (is already old) obnoxious open-mouth gasp chin mole disappearing act. Knowing votes for Julie will not count and Austin knowing Julie threw his name out prior to TC, you’d expect Austin to play his as well since only one vote could send him home. But NO; he sits still. The man has stones!

First six votes are for Julie that don’t count, so you know Mama J’s sole vote will end someone’s game. Will Austin be the second in a row to leave with an idol in his pocket? NO, it is EMILY! As Emily brings her torch to Jeff, she announces to all that she “will vote for the best player...” (as long as that player is female, of course.)

NTOS

Austin babbles something about Julie still being in the game as “disastrous.” Well...who created the disaster, Loverboy?

Jake and Katurah want to blindside someone. Both in the F6 with the Reba 4, there’s not much else left for both to do at this point.

Drew and Julie go to war. Hey, history buff...here’s one for you. Caligula went from Emperor to assassinated in only a few years. Next Wednesday I’m predicting Drew will go from self-crowned King to booted in less than 90 minutes.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S45 - Ep 11 Summary: Katurah's ... michel2 12-09-23 1
   RE: S45 - Ep 11 Summary: Katurah's ... Aruba 12-10-23 2
       RE: S45 - Ep 11 Summary: Katurah's ... michel2 12-10-23 3
           RE: S45 - Ep 11 Summary: Katurah's ... Aruba 12-12-23 4
               RE: S45 - Ep 11 Summary: Katurah's ... michel2 12-12-23 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel2 4398 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-09-23, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S45 - Ep 11 Summary: Katurah's backstory "can rip your heart out""
Nicely Done, Aruba!

Yes, it was a misnomer to call S8 All-Stars since it was the lesser stars (Lex, Big Tom, Katie and Rob) who decided during their gatherings to eliminate the big stars.

Your comment about Emily making a move without being in the alliance seems to be aimed at me for some reason. If that is the case then I'll point out that Emily doesn't pull off that move if she isn't in a loose alliance with Austin and Drew AND if the Reebok 4 don't agree to the move.

Yes, Katurah's story could earn her votes in the end. How can parents be that dumb?

You really think people tuned out when we had the great news that Probst will not be seen in more than 2 scenes this week? Don't make me laugh! As I pointed out in my recrap, Probst did make up for his lack of airtime by piling on the chatter during the IC and prolonging the TC way longer than needed.

Don't you think Dee is attractive? The cast was rather poor in beautiful women but Dee is nice. You sound like you'd push her away...

I do enjoy history enough to know that Caligula was far from the shortest lived monarch. Do you know who was killed in the shortest time after being coronated?

I also believe that Drew is next to go. Reebok is up 4 - 2 so the 4th wheel isn't needed anymore and Drew has shown his group that he is the least commited to it.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

12-10-23, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S45 - Ep 11 Summary: Katurah's backstory "can rip your heart out""
Thank you, Michel!

Since we’re the only two left to contribute to Bashers...why OF COURSE a majority of what I post is “aimed at you,” (although I truly believe many more than the two of us READ our submissions.) But you know I take my shots because I luv ya, Man! Ha-Ha!!

I know you (and understandably so I might add) are probably not thrilled over how far Emily has advanced this season considering the fact she’s been playing with house money since the Premier (thanks to Production’s “best department” casting Hannah.)

Everything you said about the move has merit with Emily initiating the move. Yes, the Reebok 4 rule the roost, so putting the target on Bruce was a joint effort further eased by the fact she didn’t need to twist Katurah’s arm to go along with the plan. But if Bruce played his idol, none of that would have matter with everyone’s desire to get him out of the game. That was the beauty of finishing the move to ensure Bruce does NOT play his idol. Bruce walking out of the game with the idol in his pocket is why I really give props to Emily orchestrating the "move of the season" thus far.

I suppose Katurah might be able to steal a sympathy vote if she milks her backstory for all it’s worth, but nothing that will matter much in the end IMO. I still would qualify her as “goat” material...not to the extent of Jake, but someone I wouldn’t mind sitting next to backstory notwithstanding.

You’re making ME laugh if you believe we’d be watching the FORTY-FIFTH season of Survivor if there were NO challenges.

All kidding aside, despite the area between her nose and chin, I think Dee is super cute. Showcasing her BIG big toe during the Premier provided all the fodder I needed to extend it to her T-Rex mouth, tombstone teeth, and allergic-reaction lips. You’re spot on with the shortage of smokin’ hot females casted for Survivor, so her attraction to Austin is understandable. To answer your question, I would “push her away” for having to put up with her whining over the plight of her family’s immigration more than for her looks (mouth area.)

I know Caligula is far from the shortest reign, but he was the one that popped into my head while I was writing my summary. Several other Roman Emperors had much shorter reigns that him, but it’s doubtful they would have the same name recognition as Caligula to the average reader, so I went with him.

If anyone other than Drew or Mama J gets booted next episode, it would be a shocker for me. I’m leaning toward Drew because Julie can easily pull in Dee (who is a package deal with lovestruck Austin.) Jake (who does not want to “upset the apple c’ah’t”) will go with the flow making it an easy majority.

12-10-23, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S45 - Ep 11 Summary: Katurah's backstory "can rip your heart out""
Again, everyone including you is giving more credit to Eily. So what if he plays his idol because Jake would have gone home and it would have been Bruce this week.

I never said NO Challenges: I want Survival based challenges and a professional play-by-play narration, not Probe's incessant ramblings. It's on TV, we see what is happening so no need to describe every littler move.

Yes, I also see Katurah not getting more than 1 or 2 votes but I'm not in the jury box.

I agree with your reasoning regarding the boot. You should post your choice in the vote thread that Flower Power opens 30 minutes before the show. It is in Spoilers but that thread contains no spoilers, just other posters votes.

12-12-23, 06:04 PM (EST)
4. "RE: S45 - Ep 11 Summary: Katurah's backstory "can rip your heart out""
I’ve never been an advocate of the “we’ll get ‘em next time,” or “we’ll vote ‘em out later” approach. Don’t put off ‘til tomorrow what you can accomplish today.

To your point, YES, if Bruce played his idol, he would have been the primary target at the next TC, BUT anything could happen (and historically has) to thwart the most well-conceived plans.

Bruce already won back-to-back ICs this season; he’s always a threat to win immunity again.

If he successfully played his idol, it’s a good chance the idol gets rehidden. He found one earlier; he could find another one again.

Strike the iron while it’s hot! That’s why I appropriately gave props to Emily. Does that make her the best player this season? NO. But how she got Bruce to not play his idol and got him out of the game when they could makes it the move of the season thus far.

And I’ve never debated the fact Production could do better with formatting challenges. I agree we should see more “Survivor-based” competitions.

If you want to post my boot guess for tomorrow along with my reasoning in Spoilers under my name, you have my permission. If it is set up as a “contest,” I won’t stand much of a chance since I’ll be competing against those who are familiar with spoilers, but it’s all good.

12-12-23, 08:16 PM (EST)
5. "RE: S45 - Ep 11 Summary: Katurah's backstory "can rip your heart out""
Yes, things can change from one cycle to the other but the target on Bruce started on day 1 and had grown ever since so his time was soon to end.

And Bruce's own hubris was much more responsible for the idol staying in his pocket than anything Emily did.

I will post your vote for Drew with this comment: If anyone other than Drew or Mama J gets booted next episode, it would be a shocker for me. I’m leaning toward Drew because Julie can easily pull in Dee (who is a package deal with lovestruck Austin.)

PS. There is a spoiler out there for this season but we still aren't sure whether it's source spoiler or simple speculation.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •