The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Casting"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel2 4215 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-25-23, 11:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Casting"
LAST EDITED ON 06-26-23 AT 00:09 AM (EST)

With Aruba, I've gone back and forth on the subject of casting. My position is that it's the strongest department of the whole production: Without casting finding the players that are going to keep us entertained, the show would never have lasted so long. I also point out that the cast is made up of ordinary Americans. Sure, they tend to be more extroverts than the average citizen but who would want to see a cast with 18 Introverts? 18 Matt von Ertfelda, the cweepy guy from Amazon?

Aruba, of course has the opposite opinion: Casting stinks because they pick the worst candidates possible. These players are not representatives of the Average Americans, instead they represent the lowest, dumbest segment of the population.

Well, I'm happy to have come across a quote from someone inside Production who was directly talking about the casting process of a particular season; « Worlds Apart ». Thanks to Mario Lanza and is epic work on the 3 x «Funniest 115 In Survivor history» for providing this quote. Strangely, the quote can serve BOTH our causes! I'll explain after why I say it is a slam dunk for my point of view:

« Worlds Apart was intended to be a more Big Brother-like season of Survivor. It was designed to have maximum conflict. That's why people were specifically cast that were just going to hate one another. And the male cast was intentionally picked so they wouldn't get along with the females. That's how you wound up with Rodney, Dan, even others that you might not have seen in the edit. They set out to deliberately find men who were pigheaded/condescending/sexist/old school/guy's guys/cocky, whatever word you want to use. That was all by design. The show got exactly what it was hoping for when it came to that cast. They loved it."

To prove my point, keep, in mind that Worlds Apart was, by design, meant to be different. They went for a cast that would give it a Big-Brother feel. That time, they selected the biggest pigheads, machos and dumba$$es they could find, yet it still felt like most Survivor seasons. Those sexist and cocky men weren't extra-terrestrials! At that time they couldn't even have come from Canada! So, yes, casting USUALLY goes for average Americans with « Worlds Apart » being one of its exceptions. However, even with that exception, the season still had the usual Survivor feel.

And I'll add this to rub it in Aruba's face: Worlds Apart produced one of his all-time favorite winners in Mike Holloway and some other of his favorites like Joe Anglim, Carolyn Rivera, Jenn Brown and, surprise, surprise, he even warmed up to Dan Foley sometime after the merger. Yeap, Dan Foley the superfan who turned out to be one of the weirdest characters of all-time was on his love list!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Casting sj007 07-05-23 1
   RE: Casting Aruba 07-05-23 2
       RE: Casting michel2 07-12-23 5
   RE: Casting michel2 07-12-23 6
 RE: Casting Aruba 07-05-23 3
   RE: Casting michel2 07-12-23 4
       RE: Casting sj007 07-13-23 7
           RE: Casting michel2 07-21-23 10
       RE: Casting Aruba 07-16-23 8
           RE: Casting michel2 07-21-23 9
               RE: Casting sj007 07-21-23 11
                   Top 10 michel2 07-22-23 12
                   RE: Casting Aruba 07-22-23 14
                       RE: Casting michel2 07-24-23 15
                           RE: Casting Aruba 07-26-23 17
                               RE: Casting michel2 07-27-23 19
                                   RE: Casting Aruba 08-13-23 26
               RE: Casting Aruba 07-22-23 13
                   RE: Casting michel2 07-24-23 16
                       RE: Casting Aruba 07-26-23 18
                           RE: Casting michel2 07-27-23 20
                               RE: Casting sj007 07-31-23 21
                                   JT michel2 08-03-23 22
                                       RE: JT sj007 08-07-23 23
                                           RE: JT michel2 08-11-23 24
                                               RE: JT Aruba 08-13-23 28
                                                   Cirie michel2 08-23-23 31
                                                       RE: Cirie Aruba 08-24-23 32
                                                           RE: Cirie michel2 08-27-23 33
                                                               RE: Cirie Aruba 08-30-23 34
                                   RE: Casting Aruba 08-13-23 27
                                       RE: Casting sj007 08-14-23 29
                                           RE: Casting Aruba 08-15-23 30
                               "Only in America?" NOT!!! Aruba 08-13-23 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sj007 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-05-23, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sj007 Click to send private message to sj007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Casting"
I agree about casting. It used to be very good and the characters in the earlier seasons made the show a lot better along with less idols and stupid advantages. The casting has been horrible for how many years now and that has contributed to very boring and almost unwatchable seasons. In my opinion.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Aruba 3352 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-05-23, 05:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Casting"
Right, you are sj007; casting has been HORRIBLE for many seasons now!
That appropriate observation is why I will continue to laugh at the opinion that “casting” is Production’s “strongest department.”

The reason I agree with your statement that the characters (casting) in the earlier seasons were much better was because many of them DID encompass the American norm. Now, characters with tear-jerking backstories monopolize modern-day casting...from S35 Champion Ben Driebergen, a former Iraq War veteran suffering from PTSD to S32 finalist Tai Trang, a Vietnam refugee who literally came “off the boat” with nothing but the shirt on his back, to our recent season finalist, former drug addict Carolyn and her challenge to stay sober. Whereas, one can acknowledge why Production gravitates toward these characters, I would HARDLY qualify them as “NORMAL” Americans.

During its infancy, with Reality Shows like MTV Real World on the air, it is understandable why the “social game” was prioritized on Survivor and Big Brother during their inceptions. But make no mistake about it, the main reason why Survivor’s 45th season and Big Brother 25th season will both air later this year is because of competitions and challenges; NOT recent casting.

07-12-23, 09:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Casting"
So ONE person corroborates your POV and you think that impresses me much? Remember how I used to stand up to both you and Iltarion? Bring it on, I say!

Challenges are Mickey Mouse affairs that repeat every season. If you want really tough challenges that are Survival based, I suggest you watch the french version of the show called Koh-Lanta.

People cast for the show represent America, like it or not. Maybe there are less rednecks than there are in proportion in the country but I think we can do without them. Survivor's has stayed alive this long because most viewers enjoy the casts year after year. It's the meat of the show.

07-12-23, 10:03 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Casting"
LAST EDITED ON 07-12-23 AT 10:04 PM (EST)

SJ007, you are actually disagreeing with me about casting. From my POV, it's the show's only saving grace. People tune in not for the dumb challenges and not for Probst but to discover and follow the cast.

Editing used tlo be th show's strong point but that has gone horribly downhill since Probst took over from Burnett. Our «star» simply does not understand what it takes to tell a story.

07-05-23, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Casting"
Hey Michel, I addressed most of your post with regards to casting in my reply to sj007.

As for Worlds Apart, just the mere theme/concept of tossing “white collars,” “blue collars,” and “no collars” into a controlled environment was going to lend itself to “maximum conflict” REGARDLESS of who were specifically casted. The same could be said for seasons that intentionally separated players by gender or generations just for that purpose, once again, REGARDLESS of casting.

Although I will always regard Mike Holloway as one of the more deserving winners, the only castaway from that season I would consider myself a fan of is Joe Anglim. I respected Carolyn for how well she performed as one of the older female competitors. Dan Foley on my all-time “love list???” Maybe you were tipping a few too many “cold ones” getting a week head start on the Canada Day celebration...LOL!

07-12-23, 09:53 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Casting"
For Dan I used your own quotes. While you did loathe him for a long tiome. by the end of the season you had him rated high on the love side of your list:

S30 E10: 4) DAN – I applaud his decision to take a more proactive approach and for the time being taking a step off Mike’s coattails.

S30 E11) 3) DAN – ...Mike’s statement knowing Dan has two votes makes me wonder if Dan’s playing both sides. If so, it’s a risky tactic but could give him two shots to get to the end.

S30 E12) 3) DAN – Give the guy credit – he stepped up in the RC and if not for Rodney’s boneheaded blunder he probably pulls out the win. He knew he was at risk but he didn’t panic and still has his advantage going into the F6.

07-13-23, 11:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sj007 Click to send private message to sj007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Casting"
I have agreed with you in the past Michel. Same goes with Aruba. My point is the people they're casting now have different backstories I get it. That doesn't mean they will be a good player or make good television. Michel is right the stories and editing suck along with the copious idols and advantages. These players are boring and some are really stupid. Was it a couple of seasons ago where they had an advantage if you could make a necklace out of certain beads everyone had? Are you that stupid to willingly give someone an advantage? Have you ever seen the show before? When there is no one for me to root for to win and villains I want booted out it's game over! At least I can re-watch favorite older seasons. Let's do a poll of our top 10 favorite seasons. I'll get back to ya with my list. I bet we all have some of the same seasons or maybe not.

07-21-23, 01:27 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Casting"
I don't want to drag you in our perpetual fight and I get your point. My 12 favorite seasons would ALL be in the first 15. These 4 seasons since returning from Covid have the merit of shaking up a tired formula.

07-16-23, 10:05 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Casting"
LAST EDITED ON 07-16-23 AT 10:08 AM (EST)

Vintage Michel...using his patented “selective” process with convenient omissions to support his personal narrative. In this case selectively using “partial” statements/sentences from my posts/quotes.

The fact a player like Dan was even placed 3rd or 4th on my lists speaks to how pathetically poor Production casts for these seasons. Episodes 10 to 12 encompassed days 27 to 32 in the game. I ranked Dan #4 after Ep. 10 when only EIGHT players were remaining to rank! How is that ranking him high???

Not surprisingly, you “somehow” omitted the beginning of my sentence when you were quoting me after Ep. 10. Allow me to refresh your selective memory: “UGH!!! I dread moving him up...” You also seem to have a challenging time acknowledging my sarcasm. My commentary for Dan after Ep. 11: “Oh boy, we get treated to another scene how Dan can be sooooo sympathetic to the opposite gender,” SCREAMED of sarcasm. As did my mocking comment “congratulating” him on “passing first grade math.” Hardly a lovefest.

Sure, I ranked him #3 after Ep. 12...when only SIX players were remaining to rank! To put “Dan,” “Love” and "rated high" in the same sentence with my MIDDLE of the road rankings for him is absurd. I can’t even sarcastically offer my congratulations on “passing first grade math.” LOL

07-21-23, 01:19 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Casting"
Sure I chose the quotes BUT YOU DID WRITE THEM! Even at that time, I had Dan rated as an a-hole.

Placing 3rd of 8 is in the upper half. Even placing 3rd out of 6 means that you placed Dan ahead of more players than you put ahead of him. That's the math that matters.

These are my quotes from episode 12:
5- Dan: He may say that it broke his heart to vote against Mike but he certainly healed quickly. In Will, Dan has found his perfect companion to take to the end and he would beat him...if it was a Final 2. I don’t believe I am going to say this but I’m glad for the Final three just to remove this possibility.

Then E11:

6- Dan : He would have loved to take Shirin to the Final Three thinking she wouldn’t beat him but that just shows his complete lack of self-awareness. Every time he said that Mike is wrong, we had someone telling us that Mike is right. Dan is likely to get a lesson in Survivor during the Final TC. One could even say that it will be a lesson in life. I’m betting he won’t be laughing then.

07-21-23, 11:14 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Casting"
Here's my top 10:

10. Winners at War S40
9. Second Chance S31
8. China S15
7. Tocantins S18
6. Philippines S25
5. Cook Islands S13
4. Fans vs Favorites S16
3. Pearl Islands S7
2. Palau S10
1. Heroes vs Villains S20

07-22-23, 01:41 AM (EST)
12. "Top 10"
1 - S6: Amazon
2 - S2: Australian Outback
3 - S12: Exile Island
4 - S15: China
5 - S11: Guatemala
6 - S7: Pearl Islands
7 - S1: Borneo
8 - S9: Vanuatu
9 - S3: Africa
10- S4: Marquesas

All the seasons with returning players are fixed so I don't like any. I consider that Survivor jumped the shark at S13 - Cook Islands and there aren't many that came after that I like. Besides China, Fiji, Tocantins, Samoa and One World are the exceptions.

07-22-23, 09:40 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Casting"
Like Michel (although for different reasons) I tend to shy away from seasons with returning players as well. In addition to the horrible casting in recent years, the big part of why my list is comprised of predominantly earlier seasons is because they did more to live up to the show’s name “Survivor” by making the players struggle and suffer more. I also enjoyed incorporating the culture of the host location for the seasons. Here is my list:

1) Palau S10
2) Africa S3
3) Borneo S1
4) Guatemala S11
5) Cook Islands S13
6) Amazon S6
7) Outback S2
8) China S15
9) Tocantins S18
10) San Juan Del Sur S29

07-24-23, 09:14 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Casting"
Very nice list
I think Cook Islands was fixed to make sure the white alliance didn't win but if you can brush over that then good for you. I also think editing worked hard to hide just how dumb Ozzy really was (throwing a challenge right off the bat is extremely dumb) At least his nex appearances removed any doubts.

Not too crazy about San Juan Del Unsure. Wasn't a fan of Natalie's after her bad showing in the Amazing race.

07-26-23, 05:32 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Casting"
Thanks for acknowledging my list. I would be remiss to not reciprocate (especially since SIX seasons appear on BOTH of our lists.)

I don’t believe Survivor “fixed” Cook Islands against the Caucasians. Yul and Ozzy deserved to be finalists regardless of their ethnicities. Quite honestly, I regard the tallying of votes and ultimate announcement of Yul edging out Ozzy 5-4 right up there as a top climatic result to end a season.

San Juan Del Sur made it to my top ten mostly for two reasons: 1) IMO Natalie was one of the more deserving Sole Survivors. I am not a regular Amazing Race watcher. I’ve caught a few episodes here and there, but none I saw included Natalie. 2) I also LOVED how John Rocker was put in his place by the players. The mere fact that he was even casted was a travesty when you consider several publicized quotes Production HAD to be privy to. Here are a few:

- If I ever got traded to the Yankees or Mets, I would retire before I ride a NY subway sitting next to some “fag with aids.”

- You can walk an entire block and not hear anyone speak English. How the hell did they get into this country?!

- Since there were no anti-gun laws in Germany during the 1930’s and 40’s, I blame the Jews for allowing the Holocaust to happen.

UMMM...OK...still try convincing me “casting is Production’s strongest department.” Now’s MY turn to “yank the chain!” HA-HA!!

07-27-23, 05:55 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Casting"
LAST EDITED ON 07-27-23 AT 05:57 PM (EST)

I noticed the number of common top seasons we share. I knew we were closer than it appears! Especially since Palau and Tocantins would be in my top 15. I figure Marquesas wouldn't be too far down your list.

Cook Islands had a record number of twists at that point and ALL worked against the white alliance (which should have been a black and white alliance because Sundra was supposed to mutiny to join Nate along with Candice, not Penner) I think all those twists were put to avoid the backlash that would have happened if Penner, Adam, Parvati and Candace had been the F4 which looked like a done deal after the mutiny. I always say that Survivor jumped the shark with cook Islands.

Rocker's opinion are FAR from unique in your America. Look at all the white supremacists. It would have been a travesty if he had lived through the adventure scott free but, as you say, he got his due.

08-13-23, 11:48 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Casting"
I’ll interpret your erroneous response as yet another attempt to comically “yank my chain.” LOL

If it’s not, then it is shameful and ignorant to believe White Supremacy Groups are not the anomalies they are in the USA. It would be as ignorant as an American citizen, who is aware Neo-Nazi groups do exist in Germany, to make an erroneous statement they are “not unique” to the country and are typical of “ordinary” Germans.

07-22-23, 09:16 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Casting"
LAST EDITED ON 07-23-23 AT 09:34 AM (EST)

I have no issue quoting what I wrote, as long as you don’t select PARTIAL quotes to take what I stated out of context in order to support your own personal narratives. It’s as ridiculous as Atheist Groups distributing literature stating it says right in the Holy Bible, “there is NO God.” What they conveniently omit are the words preceding that quote, “The fool says...”

You REALLY need to brush up on your elementary school math. My rankings for Dan were as follows: Ep. 10 – 4 out of 8; Ep. 11 – 3 out of 7; Ep. 12 – 3 out of 6. There was no “3rd out of 8.”
If you want to focus on mathematics, ALL those rankings were MIDDLE ratings, NOT rating him “high” as you erroneously referenced. And the primary reason a player like Dan was even ranked anywhere in the middle was due to Production’s pathetically horrible casting.

Mike and Dan did not see eye-to-eye several times that season, and Dan was more than vocal about it. But since we are talking about “quotes,” in the end it was DAN who paid Mike the biggest compliment when he was quoted as saying, Mike is the “glue that holds our tribe together.” This was crystalized at FTC when Dan ultimately cast his vote for Mike who was deservingly crowned Champion of S30.

07-24-23, 09:21 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Casting"
After all these years, you still can't see when I am yanking your chain! Your reactions are beautiful to read.

Speaking of reactions; Is there anything more «Americana» then «The Price is Right»? Have you noticed the over-the-top reactions people have when they are told to come on down? Some will spend the hour down in that pit but their enthusiasm almost never stops. They also are typical Americans and their overreactions are just like we see from so many members of the cast.

07-26-23, 05:41 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Casting"
Now I’m REEEEALY aging myself, but I stopped watching The Price is Right when Bob Barker no longer hosted, so I cannot speak for the present-day show. I recall back then you did have some obnoxious contestants; although you had a fair share of normal ones too...enough to where I would still not classify the obnoxious over-the-top embellishers as everyday “typical” Americans.

Fast forward to today: You can't attend a sporting event without running into some jackasses displaying "over-the-top" enthusiasm by painting their faces. Once again even though they obnoxiously exist, FAR from the "typical" American.

07-27-23, 06:04 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Casting"
I traveled to LA last september to watch the NFL season opener between the Rams and the Bills and a Buffalo fan partly ruined the experience by continually standing up in my line of sight and screaming at the top of his lungs as if he was solely responsible for the Bills' success. Maybe not typical but surely «Only in America».

07-31-23, 11:33 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Casting"
Nice lists. We have a few similarities. I see you both stayed away from returning player seasons which I get. These lists are subjective and every one's own opinion. One change for my list would be to put S1 instead of S40. The original is definitely worthy of top 10 status. What I enjoy and don't understand about returning player seasons is they continue to make the same mistakes as rookies. Like JT, who was pretty close to playing a perfect season in Tocantins. But yet was a ##### idiot in Heroes vs Villains. Giving away his idol ranks up there as one of the stupidest game moves ever. There were a lot of moments like that during S20 that made it my favorite. When Rob calls Coach a little man after being evicted. Watching ahole Russell get smoked in final tribal and losing handily and not getting 1 vote. He thought he had it in the bag. What a douchebag!

08-03-23, 07:53 PM (EST)
22. "JT"
I.Ll postulate that JT's game in Tocantins was far from perfect. His tribe was down in numbers at the merger so he was at the mercy of Coach's side. Fortunately for him, Stephen and Taj had made an alliance with Brendan and Sierra. Wile that alliance came to nothing, Brendan's behavior drew suspicion and the Coach-Tyson duo went for him before pagonging the other side.

The season's critical vote came next: The Jalapenos used Erin's vote to get Timbers Tyson. Erin was the key to flipping the game to Jalapenos side and it WASN'T Jt who got her to switch sides but Stephen. Stephen played the perfect game except, for some reason, the jury fell in love with JT. I remember both Brendan and Tyson saying something along the lines of not being unhappy if they were to lose to JT. It left me speechless both times.

In Heroes vs Villains, we saw that JT was missing Stephen's strategy.

What I hated most about HvV was that a member of production was seen flying to Samoa WITH PARVATI while season 19 was filming. Parvati got to know all about RussHole before the season started while no one else had ever heard of him. Oh! and the Heroes were dumba$$es, especially when they decided to eliminate Cirie and Tom. the two smartest players on that tribe. After they left, no one knew a thing about Strategy except Candice yet they marginalized her.

08-07-23, 10:24 PM (EST)
23. "RE: JT"
LAST EDITED ON 08-07-23 AT 10:26 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 08-07-23 AT 10:25 PM (EST)

Your right about Stephen doing a lot of the work. But that is why JT played better because he was never targeted and got the credit where maybe Stephen should've. I've heard rumors over the years of production interference with seasons. Nothing gets me more mad. This takes the cake. Why in hell would they do something like that? If it's true makes total sense why she aligned with that ahole so early. And yes the heroes played like a bunch of dumb amateurs which still befuddles me to this day. Candice should've been the 1st boot for heroes. Even though she is very strong in challenges, has no clue how to play socially and proven not to be trusted.

08-11-23, 08:24 PM (EST)
24. "RE: JT"
Why did they do it, you ask? Parvati was a young, pretty TV-type personality. Remember that she hosted Survivor after hours for many years. SeeBS even put together a podcast following Parvati on her travels around the world. Hell, they even sacrificed Cirie, a fan favorite, so that Parvati could win Micronesia. Had that season been a F3, Cirie was a certain winner but they cut it down to a F2 at the last moment. That made it practically a certainty that it would be decided between Amanda and Parvati. What were the differences between Parvati and Amanda on one side and Cirie on the other? Appearance, Age and RACE.

08-13-23, 12:26 PM (EST)
28. "RE: JT"

>What were the differences between
>Parvati and Amanda on one
>side and Cirie on the other?

You’re omitting the most obvious Perv-ati/Ho-manda vs. Cirie difference: Acting like a skanky Ho.

Even if Skankivor: Micronesia was a F3, Ozzy, James, and Erik still vote for Ho-manda. Erik was so starstruck with his infatuation with Ozzy, he votes however Ozzy (with James) wanted him to.

That would mean in a F3, Cirie would have to garnish ALL the remaining four votes to win. Mathematically possible, but FAR from “certain.” Eliza and Alexis would have probably voted for Cirie, but I’m not sold on Natalie and Jason. I’d go so far to say no way Natalie votes for anyone BUT Perv-ati regardless of who was in the Finals. And since Jason played much more of the game with the Perv than with Cirie, it’s doubtful Cirie gets Jason’s vote.

08-23-23, 09:57 PM (EST)
31. "Cirie"
It was established after the show that Cirie would have won the vote. Ozzy would have voted for Amanda while Natalie said her vote was going to either Parvati or Cirie she couldn't decide even after the show.

In multiple interviews, James, Alexis, Eliza, Jason and Erik all admitted that they were amazed by Cirie's play.

08-24-23, 05:18 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Cirie"
I don’t doubt players may give props to a particular castaway upon having the advantage of viewing the entire season, as we viewers did, by the time they appear for the Reunion Show or get interviewed well after FTC. I will always put more weight on the information Jurors had in real time than any Monday Morning Quarterbacking.

Whatever Jason said AFTER returning home, the fact of the matter, he played a walloping grand total of SIX DAYS with Cirie during the ENTIRE season! He played longer with Perv-ati than he did with Cirie and Ho-manda. The same could be said for Natalie as well. That being said, Jason and Natalie in real time at FTC vote for the Perv regardless of whether Cirie was in the Finals and despite any post-season interviews.

If Jurors were INDIVIDUALLY sequestered upon each getting booted instead of discussing and deliberating amongst themselves on the Ponderosa, I’d see you halfway with James. But truth be told, Jurors absolutely deliberate, and some are on the same page regardless of the gibberish you hear from Jurors at FTC about “having no idea who to vote for...” “my vote is still up on the air...” Yadda, Yadda, Yadda...Blah, Blah, Blah... LMAO.

Ozzy and James spent a fair amount of time together on the Ponderosa, and there’s no doubt in my mind they went into FTC partnering and voting as a bloc (for Ho-manada.) That voting bloc would have existed even if Cirie was in the Finals.

I can’t believe I have to explain Erik’s vote, but here goes...
Once again, regardless how he may have felt about Cirie AFTER the votes were cast, your profound love for Cirie has you reaching at monumental proportions to even suggest Erik would vote differently than Ozzy. It was your gal Cirie, who stated in a confessional during Skankivor: Micronesia, “every time Erik mentions Ozzy’s name, stardust shoots from his mouth.”

I’ll give you Eliza and Alexis. Anyone other than those two, for all the reasons I’ve just stated, are anything BUT “certain.”

08-27-23, 05:09 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Cirie"
Keep Reading MINDS, I'll read what people actually say.

Erik recognized that it was Cirie who was behind the move to trick him. He was voting to eliminate Amanda in the game and then saw her as a PAWN. NO WAY, AS HE SAID, he doesn't vote for Cirie.

Jason knew that Cirie was the mastermind behind the whole thing.

James had lost respect for Parvati and LOVED Cirie. Guess what? Both being African Americans matters.

Amanda gets Ozzy. Parvati gets Natalie. Cirie SWEEPS the rest.

08-30-23, 05:54 AM (EST)
34. "RE: Cirie"
Apparently, there are those who don’t share the same appropriate criticism I have for “Monday Morning Quarterbacks.” It’s not like a bunch of “Tom Westman’s” were being interviewed and questioned POSTseason AFTER the fact. Considering the lying sack of sh!ts Production deliberately cast for these Reality Shows who can willingly and intentionally lie with such shameful ease, I’ll go with what I viewed and observed during the season in real time a gazillion times more than what those less-than-honest mouths have to “say” afterwards.

Whereas Erik’s young-boy ignorance to give up his immunity was a talked-about moment in that season, personally I regard the most instrumental game-changing move of the season was when the Perv orchestrated the Ozzy blindside. That blindside verified how super close Ozzy and James were. Perv-ati would not even let the person she was the closest with at the onset of the game (James) in on the blindside because of how aligned Ozzy and James were! That closeness carried over on the Ponderosa and that’s why they were (regardless of who was in the Finals) on the same page to vote for the same finalist Ho-manda. Unlike the WORST season in Survivor history (S14-Fiji) when racial bigotry reared its shameful head, James and Cirie being of the same race would not have factored into how close Ozzy and James were in that game. And Ozzy’s little “puppy dog” Erik follows suit.

With the remaining Jurors up for grabs, the only time Jason even saw Cirie (other than those mere SIX post-merge days) was during challenges. Once again, regardless of the Monday Morning Quarterbacking you are so eager to hang your hat on, Perv-ati gets that vote along with Natalie’s.

08-13-23, 12:10 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Casting"
>Like JT, who
>was pretty close to playing
>a perfect season in Tocantins.

A keen observation on your part.

JT in Tocantins is the answer to a Survivor trivia question: who is the only player to complete (what I call) the “Survivor Trifecta?” 1) Crowned Champion by unanimous vote, 2) Never receiving a single vote against them throughout the season, and 3) Winning the fan favorite (I believe was sponsored by AT&T) as the “Player of the Year” voted by the viewers.

Since no company sponsors the “Player of the Year” anymore, it is an accomplishment we’ll never see again. To achieve ALL THREE accomplishments is NOT by mere chance or luck. JT proactively assured his path to the Finals by winning the last four challenges of the season. This next statement may be shocking to those who know me on these Boards, but winning the last four challenges was NOT the accomplishment that gets my highest grade. A reward challenge that used to be a staple every season (I wish Production would bring back) was when all the players had to previously complete a questionnaire and the reward challenge was for the players to determine who got the most votes to various questions.

One question every season was: “Who would you trust the most with your LIFE?” JT was only TWENTY-FOUR years of age at the time of Tocantins, and I feel it speaks volumes such a young player would receive the most votes for that question especially with players like Taj and Coach in their 30s and Debbie in her 40s among the voters. If anything, it showed what a great social game he played. Heck, I would have a difficult time trusting a 24-year-old with my pizza delivery! lol...never mind my LIFE. No surprise he completed the “trifecta.”

One of the many reasons I put little to no stock in a season with returning players is because a former champion who proactively earned the title Sole Survivor winning in dominating fashion during their inaugural season stands practically no chance of winning again. That being said, I don’t place much emphasis on returning seasons when critiquing players.

08-14-23, 10:37 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Casting"
LAST EDITED ON 08-14-23 AT 10:39 PM (EST)

That is an interesting point about the question and answer challenge. That answer alone sums it up. When I'm hearing more and more about production doing ##### behind the scenes like the finale for Micronesia and Heroes vs Villains, I can see why those seasons aren't taken seriously. If more people knew about stuff going on behind the scenes with these shows. It might be happening again right now as we speak. Big Brother is in session right now and Cirie was added as a surprise contestant. One of the other players looks exactly like her. Her son Jared. But yet know one really raised any questions or put 2+2 together. I think 1 person did. Her son was on the block but was taken off the 1st week. Why would you not be targeting her or her son? She has proven herself as pretty savvy on Survivor and to have an automatic ally who she can trust til the end. I wonder if CBS brought her back to make up for her getting shafted in Micronesia? Just like how they handed ahole Rob the win in Redemption Island with a bunch of lemming players. Just like how rules were changed for the Amazing Race S30 so their darlings from Big Brother Cody and Jessica could win. My blood is boiling now!

08-15-23, 05:02 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Casting"
Production does not have to intervene behind the scenes to make any season with returnees a sham. These former players know before they embark on the game who is being invited back to play. This was confirmed after the very first season with returnees...S8, the season they had the audacity to call “All-Stars,” when it was revealed that players in the season communicated PRIOR to the season and were already forming alliances.

I know the Cirie fan-based groupies are eager to cry “foul” after Micronesia, but truth be told, Cirie was simply unable to proactively control her own fate by performing HORRIBLY in competitions at the end. Whereas, being pathetically inept in challenges can allow you to advance deep into the game since others will appropriately WANT to keep you around as one less player to worry about winning a comp (something that was prevalent just last season with Carolyn) at some point you either NEED to come up with a key win, or hope you’re the recipient of some dumbass luck and win by jurors voting AGAINST someone...or essentially “winning” by default.

Even if Micronesia was a F3, as I analyzed in a prior post, I still do not see Cirie winning that season.

I stopped watching BB a few seasons ago. Based on what you posted with Cirie AND HER SON both in House (unbeknown to the other HGs) I chose WISELY!!! LOL

08-13-23, 11:41 AM (EST)
25. ""Only in America?" NOT!!!"
If you truly believe the obnoxious behavior we’ve discussed among sports fans, i.e., face painting, outlandish costumes, screaming at the top of one’s lungs, etc. is “Only in America,” then apparently you have not been watching any of the Women’s World Cup...

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •