The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
""Be The Survivor"S40, Ep06: "The Little Blue Pill When You're Quick On The Draw""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

RollDdice 5923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-18-20, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
""Be The Survivor"S40, Ep06: "The Little Blue Pill When You're Quick On The Draw""

Even inside the cozy confines of Reality TV World we're aware of that hit new show that's on all the networks. The Coronavirus aka: COVID-19, aka: "Where's the freakin' toilet paper?" is all the rage. Plus my satellite TV system is wonky and I'm not sure I'll be able to see tonight's ep. Plus these thresds aren't exactly setting the world on fire.

So... I'll put up a little thresd starter as best I can and let's see if it's a beneficial distraction from the madness or if I'm just howling into the wind (again).
------------------------------------------------

Last week we had a tribe shuffle with the two tribes fracturing into three, New Sele, New Dakal and New Kids on the Block... uhh, no... Yara. This meant change of address cards, Freshman mixers and of course, alliances being blown to smithereens. (Smithereens is the small island right behind and to the left of Exile Island, Island of the Idols and the Edge of Extinction.)

This time look forward to the strain of competition and the fraying loyalties being revealed at a two tribe tribal. Meanwhile, there's some shady action going on at the Edge of Extinction.

Bounce or Die by IceCat
Mark "I'm selling toilet paper out of the back of my van" Burnett

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 The Aruba Commission Aruba 03-19-20 1
   RE: The Aruba Commission RollDdice 03-20-20 2
       RE: The Aruba Commission Aruba 03-20-20 3
 Survivor Behind the Scene: michel2 03-21-20 4
   RE: Survivor Behind the Scene: sj007 03-24-20 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Aruba 3225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-19-20, 07:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "The Aruba Commission"
Hey RollDdice...if you missed last night’s episode, get on the computer and watch it now!! One of the more epic Survivor telecasts. You may want to read this week’s Aruba Commission’s latest edition as a teaser.

#1 – The Commission still ranks the TC in Vanuatu when male-basher Amii gets blindsided as the all-time best TC in Survivor history...but Dakal’s last night comes in at a very close second. “Legend in her own Mind” Sandra makes Denise “Dirty Harry Callahan’s” day! What a total boob to give away your idol...for what amounted to just ONE FIRE TOKEN??? But, kudos to “Dirty Harry” Denise. Vintage Outwit...Vintage Survivor! At least one player acknowledges the danger of allowing an “as long as it’s not me” castaway like Sandra being able to advance deep into the game due to that very ineptness.

#2 – Sandra wrote down Denise’s name for “show.” Little did she know, SHE would be the Grand Finale of the “show.” The self-defined delusional “queen” played the role of the “Court Jester.” She appears to have taken it as well as one could expect given her monumental blunder.

#3 – “Dirty Harry” could have walked away from TC with an extra bullet in her chamber, but decided to unload all her ammo much to Jeremy’s appreciation. Should Denise grab a seat at FTC and considering the closeness of Jeremy and Natalie, it may very well result in TWO votes potentially going her way in the end.

#4 – As much as the Commission can appropriately sing Denise’s praises, the head shaking commences with Wendell at TC. Whereas his straight-forward honesty is a vast contrast to the picture jolted ex-girlfriend Michelle has been going out of her way to paint, it will do him no favors in a game stockpiled with habitual liars and backstabbers. Should he continue this model of integrity, he’ll need CBS to cast ten Laurels by the next episode to have any realistic chance of getting to the end.

#5 – Congrats to Sophie...the IC MVP! Her top notch effort last night only adds credence to the likely speculation of tanking the prior challenge sending Rob to reunite with Amb”ah.” Although it might have been entertaining watching both men groveling at the feet of the Yara ladies, the Commission was satisfied with the result.

#6 – As if winning the challenge for her tribe was not enough...Sophie further impresses by nailing the contents of the Reward solidifying her stellar episode performance. Of course, that’s if you’re not one of the Theorists who speculate she was handed the Survivor “script” beforehand...*snort*

#7 – Tyson is the latest player to shine on EoE. He decides to engage in a little Survivor barter exchange. Give his newfound Idol Nullifier to the Perv for one of her tokens, and then use that token to purchase a jar of Peanut Butter. Jenna and Heidi skanked out their emaciated bodies (this was back when players actually starved on Survivor) for a whole lot less Peanut Butter. Then again, both were able to parlay that experience into a hefty payday by selling out their bodies for a Playboy spread. That same opportunity will not be offered to Tyson. Buy hey, Tyson is “happy;” the PB will give him energy for a potential winback challenge...and he also thinks it’s “hilarious.” Wanna know what would REALLY be hilarious…standing all energetic about to compete in the challenge and Jeff announcing you can use your token to buy an advantage for the challenge...then watching Tyson standing there long-faced holding an empty jar of PB!

#8 – Speaking of tokens, Michelle wins the Token Handout Sweepstakes pretty much by default. No way the Perv bequests her tokens to any of the dudes on Sele...and with her closest ally hugging it out with his wife on EoE, Michelle becomes the choice by attrition. For someone already suffering the Survivor “Rodney Dangerfield Complex,” she’s really going to have her work cut out for her trying to downplay her advancement was not facilitated by the fortune of a fistful of handouts.

#9 – The NHL penalty box door swings open for the obnoxious embellishment over Rob’s boot. Geez...we were doing so well as of late.

#10 – The Tony “Spy Shack” makes a cameo appearance this season. And Tony was SO determined to play a “different game...” so much for that. Only solidifies the mantra: You are...who you are...who you are...

#11 – With the Sandra Sit-out Bench not in play on EoE, one can speculation how long Sandra may last on the “Edge.” Then again, there’s the flag at her disposal to rename the Ponderosa, the “Sandra Quitter Quarters.”

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

RollDdice 5923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-20-20, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Aruba Commission"

Thanks Aruba!

I did get a chance to see the episode and not the way we used to watch "Skin-a-Max", peering through the scrambled signal to try to see some bewbs. The satellite issues aren't over, but the Survivor Gods let me enjoy Episode 6.

Thank you for giving me a lot to unpack in your report. I will confess that I was a little confused by Denise playing both HII's, but it was certainly fun to watch.

And surely Sandra's picked up some splinters by now, sitting on the Sandra Sit-out Bench.
(I know. Don't call you Surely.)

Aruba 3225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-20-20, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Aruba Commission"
You’re quite welcome, RollDdice. It was the Commission’s pleasure.

Whereas, Denise playing the second idol may have raises a few eyebrows, in addition to the hopes that Jeremy may now be in debt to her, the Commission determined Denise was not 100% certain Sandra was writing her name down for “show.” If not Denise (and presuming Sandra wasn’t going to turn on her Old-Dakal tribemates) the only other option would be Jeremy. Denise did NOT want to risk a 1-1 revote tie between Sandra and Jeremy with two of the three revotes being Tony and Kim. Whether Jeremy’s advantage could be used on a revote is a moot point because Denise was unaware of Jeremy’s advantage.

Also, Denise playing her HII puts that idol back in play at Dakal, and now with a tribe of four, gives Denise a decent shot at re-finding another idol. Finally, with Sandra out of the way, a tribe of Jeremy/Tony/Kim/Denise appears pretty solid enough on paper to avoid finishing in third/last place at the next challenge. All in all, Denise should be in good shape up to the merge. Oh, and let’s throw in she essentially “stole” a fire token from Sandra!

BTW, you can call the Commission “Surely...” it’s been called worse on these Boards.

michel2 3659 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-21-20, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Survivor Behind the Scene:"
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-20 AT 01:11 PM (EST)

While the editing of this episode was horrible, we lost 2 players that had clearly been shown as short term players. Sandra and Parvati had big targets painted on their back so even if it would have been better for the protagonists to aim at other players, we weren’t surprised to see these two go.

Do you want examples of poor editing? I’ll give you two: When Day 16 started with the Challenge then it became obvious that Yara would win. Up to that point, we had only visited Yara and the Edge of Extinction (where Tyson bought a jar of PB instead of an advantage in the return challenge) so if Dakal or Sele had won then we wouldn’t have visited one of these two camps for the whole episode. They both had to lose for us to see them. The second example is that Probst wasted more airtime on Wendell faking to throw him the skull than on talking about what he himself called the biggest reaction yet; the one that came when the two tribes saw that Boston Rob was out of the game. OK, we heard the “Whos” and “Whats” but, as viewers, we would have liked to hear Sandra and Parvati in particular, expressing their feelings.

Let's look at a few players like Nick who said his game was on cruise-control which could explain why Nick had such a small role up to now so we might expect good things from now on. The problem is that he remained on cruise-control, siding with Wendell and Yul. Even if he was the one that said they needed to have a back-bone to play this game was saw that Nick doesn’t have the balls to impact the game. His confessional ended with a hope that he wouldn’t regret his choice so I feel that is exactly what will happen to Nick.

Wendell had probably the worst Tribal Council performance ever. Why didn’t Nick and Yul vote out this snake? Just like the other vote this one is inexplicable unless that was the way the season’s script was written.

Denise was happy to have power but like all power, I think this corrupted Denise’s judgment. Granted, eliminating Sandra meant she didn’t have to give away her second Fire Token but Tony was the right move for her here. Sandra was willing to play with her and Denise even said she felt like Sandra was an honest person. Tony was gunning for Denise and we all know he isn’t honest so why did Denise choose Sandra? That is totally inexplicable unless that was how Probst’s script read.

Talking about Tony and to everyone who see Tony as a great player I have to say this episode proved once again that he’s an imbecile. The second luckiest winner ever should have been voted out after such an idiotic game play but Denise went with the script instead.

If Jeremy is a duck with his head underwater then he cannot survive very long despite all the leg action he can muster

At one point, the editors gave us a view of the tribe from Sophie’s Point of View:

Could this season be a sequel of South Pacific(or as I call it "So Pathetic")? That season's main theme turned out to be “Sophie’s Choice” so what will Sophie choose this time?

While she didn’t get much in this episode, Sophie did get a “she knows what she’s talking about” when she guessed right about the reward. Also, she was the clear star of the challenge, winning it for Yara. It’s enough to maintain a possible winning edit.

It would be a cruel editing decision to have Michelle hearing herself talk about all the distress Wendell caused her if he was going to outlast her so I think Michelle will be the one going further in the game. Since it seems that Wendell is in for a while then that augurs well for Michelle. Will she have the résumé to convince the jury that she deserves the Title of Sole Survivor? She’d get Rob’s vote and maybe Parvati but would others follow? She’ll need to do something to stand out.

Because the editors keep giving Adam interviews that could be given to anyone else, Adam has to remain our Top Contender. His visibility to the other players is very much in doubt because he hasn’t had to do much up to now. He did survive under Boston Rob’s rule, getting him out even if Rob had been gunning for him so that’s a strong “Outlasting” point but will it be enough?

Just like Tyson and Rob right before them, Sandra and Parvati had each received a lot of help from production to win the game so I guess it was time for payback. Tony, Jeremy, Yul and Ben also fall in the category of “Fixed Outcomes” so they’re in danger. However, Yul has a new, powerful cause so maybe he’s still in production’s good graces.

sj007 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-24-20, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sj007 Click to send private message to sj007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor Behind the Scene:"
I couldn't get all that from the editing, so props to you. I'm still scratching my head why she played the other idol on Jeremy. What a waste. As much as Sandra is a threat to win, Denise would've been much wiser to stick with her than Tony. Between Sandra and Tony, Sandra is way more trustworthy. And Tony's a cop which is even scarier. Sandra would've played with her. It was an epic blindside, but it will come back to bite Denise because she blew an idol and stabbed in the back a potential powerful ally.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •