The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Sandra Bench"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel2 3652 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-07-20, 11:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Sandra Bench"
I'm sure many viewers laughed when Parvati suggested that the sit-out bench should be named after Sandra. Those viewers are so focused on physical strength that they forget or don't understand the very nature of this game. Sandra herself wasn't irritated at all by Parvati's suggestion. In fact it amused her and she embraced it as a badge of honor.

Sandra is right: While strength can help to survive, intellect and social skills have always been much more important. By accepting to sit out, Sandra not only helps her team but she avoids creating frustration in others that would be disappointed if forced to sit out. Being one of the eldest women and not a muscle-man, Sandra cannot be expected to dominate physical challenges.

If Survivor respected its own rules and prevented players from sitting out two challenges in a row then Sandra couldn't simply volunteer all the time. That rule, we realized, only applies for two challenges in the same episode but why not enforce it even when they have only one challenge per cycle? If they don't then we can't blame Sandra from profiting from the loop-hole.

The French Survivor Koh-Lanta, avoids this situation by having chance decide who will sit-out. If a tribe has an extra female then the women of the tribe pick rocks and the one picking the different rock sits out. Koh-Lanta's problem is that the same woman can sit-out if they are unlucky. I'd suggest Survivor use a variation of that method with the person who sat out the previous challenge being left out of the draw.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Sandra Bench sj007 03-10-20 1
   RE: The Sandra Bench michel2 03-12-20 2
       RE: The Sandra Bench sj007 03-18-20 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sj007 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-10-20, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sj007 Click to send private message to sj007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Sandra Bench"
I agree and I don't know why they conveniently don't have that rule where you can't sit out back to back challenges. After that last episode I lost faith in this season. Either Dakal deliberately threw that challenge or something nefarious is going on behind the scenes. They were way ahead at the puzzle and then all of the sudden there was no urgency or anything to win. Just watch the way Sarah and Nick were taking their time and no one on the tribe had a problem with it. None of them were mad at all. These are all previous winners and they blow a lead like that. I don't buy it. I don't trust anything that happens from now on with this season. ##### sad and what a joke!
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

michel2 3652 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-12-20, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Sandra Bench"
If they had a plan to boot Rob from the start then yes, they could have thrown that challenge. The problem comes at the next IC; What if they lose that one. If so then one of the two guys will regret throwing the challenge.

BTW, wasn't Adam the one doing the puzzle with Sarah and Yara the tribe that threw it? Dakal is the land of the idols.

sj007 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-18-20, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sj007 Click to send private message to sj007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Sandra Bench"
My previous post was about last week's episode where dakal had that massive lead and sarah and nick were very casually trying to solve the puzzle. No one cared that they lost or blew that lead. Very suspicious.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •