The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Fallout from the "Touching" incident"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Chez 764 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-15-19, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Fallout from the "Touching" incident"
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-19 AT 04:06 PM (EST)

The issue of Dan’s touching several of the female contestants, and the fallout over the two episodes aired on Wednesday, has been discussed a little bit over on a Spoiler thread, but I felt it needs a new thread over here on Bashers.

There were so many things that went wrong.

The worst issue was Missy and Elizabeth using Dan’s touching behavior, and Kellee’s strong aversion to it, as fodder for their advancement in the game. Not only does this harm their basic credibility, but it adds to general doubt in the ”real world” about sexual harassment claims. It also cheapens Kellee’s valid complaint about Dan’s behavior, as well as her respectful initial approach to him (in an early episode) asking him to honor her limits.

Also, let’s not ignore how Dan was harmed by Missy and Elizabeth’s raising the focus on his behavior. It’s true he has a large blame in this entire situation (why in the world could he not understand “hands off” Kellee after she had already warned him?). But after Missy and Elizabeth claimed – on national television - that his behavior also bothered them, Dan likely has had his reputation in the “real world“ affected, and he may now be regarded as a genuine lecher. That is unfortunate.

CBS/Survivor let the whole thing go on too long. Dan should have been removed from the game no later than the time he continued to bother Kellee after the merge. As michel pointed out in the other thread, this could have been done quietly, and glossed over in the televised episode. The way CBS handled it, with producers intervening in the general game situation and thereby increasing focus on Dan, may have been a contributing factor in Missy and Elizabeth deciding to play up the entire situation to their benefit.

Then we have the further fallout regarding Janet, who made a valiant effort to “make things right” and was severely stung for her efforts. We’ll have to wait and see what happens for Janet’s longevity, but right now it does not look good.

I have to say this remaining cast of characters has me turned off more than I can ever recall in a previous Survivor season. It has led me to realize the only remaining players I really like are Janet and Elaine. I feel a little bit positive toward Tommy since he at least warned Janet to vote for Jamal at the 2nd tribal council (Why couldn’t Dean give a similar courtesy to Kellee and warn her that some votes were coming her way?). It has reached the point where I feel I might have to root for Noura or Karishma to win the game if one of them makes it to the final tribal council against more unlikeable players.

Sorry to be ranting so much but after all this is the Basher thread.

I am adding the link to today’s New York Times article about the situation, which reports that Missy and Elizabeth have apologized for their behavior.

http://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/15/arts/survivor-dan-spilo-women.html

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Fallout from the "Touching" inc... michel2 11-16-19 1
 RE: Fallout from the "Touching" inc... evosyah 04-11-21 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel2 3798 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-16-19, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Fallout from the "Touching" incident"
Thanks for giving this issue its own thread. Despite their apologies, Elizabeth and Missy are ugly 2-faced liars and I hope they get their comeuppance soon.

Like I wrote elsewhere, Dan should have been disqualified to remove this ugly storyline but production decided to profit from it instead. When was the last time that the New York Times wrote about the show? Any publicity is better than no publicity. Warning him amounted to giving him a free pass in the game. All the other women knew they wouldn't have to worry about him anymore so why vote him out?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

evosyah 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-11-21, 10:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail evosyah Click to send private message to evosyah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Fallout from the "Touching" incident"
Layanan Jasa Pembuatan https://segaracloud.com Website Murah di Bali
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •