The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep. 13 LAST RANKING"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 3134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-10-19, 06:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep. 13 LAST RANKING"
OK, although I will always regard the ADS as a dastardly approach, it you’re going to do it THEN DO IT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! I can acknowledge the challenge of ONE individual having to shadow another person 24/7. But last week’s episode it was 5 on 1...this episode 4 on 1. If you want to ADS Rick, shadow him in shifts. When he’s away for his confessional, you have enough players to section out the grid to prevent him from finding another idol upon his return. Everyone has to sleep...but not at the same time.
Listen, I give Rick all the credit in the world for outworking, out-searching, and outplaying the rest of the castaways; but shame on the others for their failure to allow Rick any opening to out-search and outhustle them.

RICK – Two words to describe Rick in this Edge of Extinction season...SURVIVOR STUD. And why? We heard it from Rick through his own mouth...he’s been OUTWORKING the competition. Even though I emphasized the word, allow me to repeat—OUTWORK. Not to be confused with out-whine, out-sleep, out-ADS, etc. Proactively determine your own fate—no one has done it as effectively as Rick. And not to get caught up in just the “Outplay” portion of the game, Rick’s masterful use of his HII at TC was a vintage Survivor example of “Outwit.” The way Rick was messing with their lily-livered uptight heads during his fake scavenger hunts was easily the high point of this lackluster season thus far. The scaredy-cat chickenshits could not have handpicked a more appropriate target to Anti-Darwin.

LAUREN – Props for sniffing out Rick’s ploy to get the others to believe his idol was gifted from EI. I also give her kudos for recognizing what a perfect goat Julie would be to sit next to. Whereas Gavin and Butterface were duped by Rick’s splendid example of outwit, Lauren was probably leaning toward voting out Aurora anyway. Finding a HII early in the game that she did not have to use would be a feather in her cap if sitting as a finalist; or so I was told back when I bashed bellyaching Kelly for narcing out Lauren about her HII and was told it would NOT be a factor at the point of the game when the win back player returns. Now, from what I’m seeing in the preview and doing a hand count of the remaining players...it appears Lauren’s HII may still have its power when an EI bootee rejoins the others with the knowledge he/she will have about Lauren’s HII thanks to Kelly.

GAVIN – Has found himself between a rock and a hard place through the season. We saw it when he tried to save his partner Eric only to be coldly shutdown by Julia. And again in Ep. 12 when he was forced to choose between someone who brought him on a Reward vs. someone who gifted him her advantage. Whichever way he went would be seen as an act of betrayal by one of them. This episode he was being pulled in two directions by the very two he brought on Reward after, yet another, solid challenge win. Rick’s use of his idol softened the rock and the hard place this time around. With Aurora the newest inhabitant on EI, Gavin’s choices of Butterface and Lauren proved to be the right ones for him.

JULIE – HMMMM, the two oldest Vata tribemates segregated by the four youngest. Further proof and verification of the biggest and oldest divide in Reality Show history. Julie is playing a perfect game to make the Finals, but one that gives her virtually no chance to win. Yet, according to Nash she should be the runaway winner this season.

BUTTERFACE – CBS should have sent her audition tape to Big Brother where she could scurry around the House like a laboratory rat and play the only card she has (which happens to be the easiest card in the deck) lie/deceive on Reality TV. It’s a classic and convenient copout to offset ineptness where fans who herald that approach comically regard them as “good players.” LOL. Production further spoon-feeds that very ineptness with the F4 fire-making tiebreaker to darn near guarantee a castaway like Butterface a seat in the F3 wearing her goat horns.

BOOTED

AURORA – Yeah, we know...to quote Survivor Champion Ben, “DAMN FRIGGIN’ PUZZLES!” But Ben’s equalizer was out-searching and being more proactively successful when looking for (and ultimately finding) HIIs. So, Aurora used her proactivity to look through Rick’s belongings instead. Let her think she was the victim of the others falling for Rick’s “reverse psychology,” when the truth be told, Lauren wanted her privacy invasion ass out BEFORE Rick’s vintage outwitting maneuver. Even her final words reeked of ADS...and no that’s NOT “natural...” it’s being a SOOOORE LOSER.

EX-STINK-TION ISLAND/JURY

A fair amount of time devoted to LoserLand this episode.
Let me try to understand...reading letters you wrote to yourself only 30 days ago? HUH?? I realize the conditions are harsh, but do you REALLY believe they completely forgot what they were thinking about themselves right before they started the game??? Could Production’s idiocy drop to even a lower moronic level???? And Queen Embellishment Julia cries and carries on over a letter she wrote to herself a few weeks ago? Sweet Mother of Mercy, where do they find these obnoxious overexaggerating Losers!

NTOS – Thought we’d see previews of a whole lotta scrambling knowing Rick is safe for the next TC. Instead, the entire preview focused on the bootees and the win back challenge.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep.... kingfish 05-10-19 1
   RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep.... michel2 05-10-19 2
       RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep.... kingfish 05-11-19 6
           RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep.... michel2 05-11-19 8
               RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep.... kingfish 05-11-19 10
                   RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep.... michel2 05-12-19 12
   RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep.... Aruba 05-10-19 4
       RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep.... kingfish 05-11-19 7
 RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep.... michel2 05-10-19 3
   RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep.... Aruba 05-10-19 5
       RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep.... michel2 05-11-19 9
           RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep.... Aruba 05-12-19 11
               RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep.... michel2 05-12-19 13
                   RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep.... Aruba 05-13-19 17
                       RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep.... michel2 05-13-19 18
                           RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep.... Aruba 05-13-19 19
                               RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep.... michel2 05-13-19 20
                                   RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep.... Aruba 05-14-19 23
                                       RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep.... michel2 05-15-19 27
                                   RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep.... Aruba 05-15-19 25
 My Take and a Case for Each Player michel2 05-12-19 14
   RE: My Take and a Case for Each Pla... kingfish 05-12-19 15
       RE: My Take and a Case for Each Pla... michel2 05-12-19 16
           RE: My Take and a Case for Each Pla... sj007 05-14-19 21
               RE: My Take and a Case for Each Pla... michel2 05-14-19 22
               RE: My Take and a Case for Each Pla... Aruba 05-15-19 24
                   RE: My Take and a Case for Each Pla... michel2 05-15-19 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 20583 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-10-19, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep. 13 LAST RANKING"
I agree that Rick deserves the top spot this week, pretty important considering that the next episode is the last. Survivor Stud indeed. It seems that the road is pretty smooth for him to end up at F3.

He has played the most admirable game so far, and no reason to think he won't be at F3 (guessing that this will be a F3 season because with one EI coming back, there will be 6 final episode survivors. Eliminating 3 in one episode will be a lot to ask).

However, I think based on the reactions of the jury during the last few TCs, he will be the goat. Well, maybe not because juries have fooled me many times in the past when I thought that personal enmity would triumph great play, but I just can't help but think he has little chance no matter who he sits beside.

I'm going to guess that Aurora will win the EI challenge (she is a challenge beast), and a final challenge win for her isn't out of the question either.

I think the producers would love to see Aurora win it all, so the last challenge could be endurance. Underdog beating a dominant competitor, everyone loves that. More of a SWAG than a sure thing though, but I'd back Aurora in a betting pool. Since she is on EI, I'd get pretty good odds on a bet like that, too.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

michel2 3394 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-19, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep. 13 LAST RANKING"
Thank you for giving us your input, Kingfish. I appreciate it all the more because I see it completely differently. To me, the jury would give the money right away to Devens and no one would stand a chance sitting next to him. Maybe I don't see it right, we'll see if he gets there. With the constant return of the HII, his odds are getting better.

As for Aurora, I don't give her much of a chance facing studs like Joe, Chris or Eric. Also, from the edit, I think Chris will be the returning player (more on that in my post). And even if she mad eit back, I think Aurora would lose to everyone including Julie. She could get votes from Joe and Aubry but, I think, that's about it. Of course, I don't know if I'm reading that right either so we'll have to wait for an answer.

05-11-19, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep. 13 LAST RANKING"
I'm becoming resigned to being wrong about the jury choices. Even though I see emotional responses from them during the final TCs, they often vote for the best play and/or the best TC Q/A responses. Admittedly, Devens probably will have had the best play, and he is a great talker. In the begining, I would never have guessed that he would be a favorite at the end.

But... even though Aurora would be an underdog if she's in the final TC, if it's an "anybody but Devens" majority, she might maybe could be the winner.

Aurora is a go getter in the challenges, unless it's a puzzle apparently. I think no one could touch her in an endurance contest. She has an athlete's body.

05-11-19, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep. 13 LAST RANKING"
We'll have to wait and see. That's why we like this show, isn't it? I feel one way about a player and others, that see the same things I do, feel entirely differently. For example, I see Reem as a wannabee bully whose bitterness has gotten old really quickly but, on the Facebook page "Previously on Survivor" there was a post recently that went: There are two kinds of people in the world:
1 - Those that know good TV
2 - Those that hate Reem.

All I answered was: "Now I know where Jerry Springer gets his audience."

PS. While I think Chris will win, I suspect that the challenge will be "specially' designed for Joe's skill set.

05-11-19, 08:53 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep. 13 LAST RANKING"
I suppose Joe's skill set is aquatics? If so, did you see the way Aurora cut thru the water.

05-12-19, 12:17 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep. 13 LAST RANKING"
Of course, I even compared Aurora to Franziska van Almsick! But Joe has many skills. She can't compare in speed and strenght based challenges.

05-10-19, 08:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep. 13 LAST RANKING"
Hey Kingfish,
Interesting predictions for the Finale. I think we may be getting snow in May because I’m agreeing with most of what Michel posted.

Perhaps I wasn’t paying attention because I haven’t noticed much negative Jury responses toward Rick. I believe he wins going away against any of the remaining four heading into the Finale, but whoever wins their way back into the game I think will have a big advantage if he/she advances to the Finals because a majority of the Jury is comprised of EI inhabitants.

If Aurora wins her way back, she will definitely earn it given the studs she would have to beat as Michel mentioned. I’m not a course betting man by nature, but in a betting pool I’d personally lean toward Joe.

If Joe does win his way back, either Joe or Rick make it to the Finals (I doubt both will be Finalists) and should win pretty handily against Lauren who would get a few votes with either Butterface or Julie rounding out the F3 and wearing the goat horns.

05-11-19, 10:43 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep. 13 LAST RANKING"
Not that it affects your adynaton (yeah, I had to look that one up), but it did snow in May in parts of the upper Mid-west.

Glad I don't live there.

05-10-19, 07:43 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep. 13 LAST RANKING"
Yes, Rick has worked harder than everyone else but that's in big part out of necessity. Maybe, just maybe, he wouldn't have found himself in such a predicament if he hadn't flatly turned down War Dog soon after the merger. The 4 Lesu members had the idols and the numbers to take over the game but Rick was too bitter to accept the very genuine offer.

From where I sit, Gavin and Victoria have been on much on the same course. But Gavin won a few challenges so you like him and defend him. He's a turn coat because he made personal alliances with Eric, Ron, Julia and even Julie that he quickly reneged, Victoria, from the start, has been playing an individual game, riding the Kama 6 train instead of making personal deals, moving onn when the train broke down.

05-10-19, 08:51 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep. 13 LAST RANKING"
You can derive success from hard work by inspiration or out of desperation. After Rick won his way back into the game, he understandably was in more of a desperation mode and to his credit used that as fuel for his fire. We’ve seen numerous examples of a College player predicted to be drafted high in the NFL only to drop down the draft board and when eventually drafted (far lower than anticipated) enters the League with a chip on his shoulder who parlays that into a Hall of Fame career.

I can understand Rick not eager to align with LoserDog given the fact Dan was a big part of sending him to EI. Here at home we can presume LoserDog’s offer was “genuine,” but who can blame Rick for not being willing to believe that given the fact he was burned by LoserDog and the other Lesu members before. Now the manner in which Rick turned down LoserDog was bitter and I appropriately criticized him for that on these Boards. Yet, he ended up turning that resentment into incentive to dominant the latter part of the game thus far.

Winning challenges has absolutely nothing to do with the fact we all SAW AND HEARD GAVIN TRY TO KEEP ERIC IN THE GAME. This is not interpretation or spin...it is sheer fact. When he knew most of the votes were going to boot Eric, Gavin would have been stubbornly stupid to continue to try to save his partner. This was due mostly to idiotic Julia completely shutting his down. After that exchange, I had no problem with Gavin being resentful toward Julia. But the fact of the matter...Julia completely hung herself at TC and the votes against her were her OWN doing despite your silly “turncoat” spin. Ron’s moronic “Loved One’s” Visit carrot-on-a-stick was a HUGE reason for the Kama demise so he got what was coming to him, even though he should have paid the price a few TCs earlier.

Butterface is that dime-a-dozen castaway who benefitted quite luckily by advancing on a dominant tribe (thanks Joe) that allow her to advance to the merge where she was able to punch her Golden Ticket to the endgame out of sheer ineptness.

05-11-19, 03:36 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep. 13 LAST RANKING"
The main reason why I criticized Rick for turning down War Dog's offer was that his elimination had been done very neatly. There was no duplicity involved or breaking of promises. At that point, we heard all the Lesu players saying they loved each other and would have wanted to stay together up to the merger but a challenge loss had changed their plans. Rick left with absolutely no bitterness but he returned as an extremely "Bitter Betty", turning to that snake Ron instead. Yes, the first vote after the merger explains Rick's sentiment but he should have seen the wisdom of returning to the fold.

Gavin turned on Eric and Ron to go with Julia and Victoria. He only said that he would prefer to see Ron go before Eric but that certainly wasn't trying "to keep Eric in the game" at least not for the long run.

Then Gavin wasn't resentful toward Julie at all. In fact, he was entirely on board with her plans. It was Aurora who revealed those plans and made it untenable for Julia. At that point, Gavin turned his back on Julia, acting much like a Ponce Pilate.

Finally, like you said, Ron should have left a few TCs earlier but he didn't. In fact, JUST BEFORE he left, Gavin and Ron made up and the two agreed to go to the F3 with Julie during that very Loved Ones visit. So, for Gavin, the Loved Ones wasn't a carrot-on-a-stick but a bona fide prize, a chance to finally spend time with his new wife. How did he repay Ron? By turning his coat once more and joining Lauren and Victoria in voting him out.

Gavin is a flipper of the worst kind: Unlike a smart one like Cesternino, he's a wind mill that simply goes whichever way the breeze is blowing, an easy vote for anyone who needs it. And, that anyone just happens to be the two cuttest women out there so Carli should worry about his faithfullness.

05-12-19, 07:47 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep. 13 LAST RANKING"
The Lesu players “loved” each other all right... *SNORT*
Kelly and Lauren only told each other about their idols, and Lauren probably would not have even told Kelly if she didn’t feel obligated to do so after Kelly let Lauren in on hers. The girls were conspiring to blindside LoserDog. Unbeknown to the girl’s turncoat scheme, LoserDog beats them to the punch and blindsides Kelly first. Gotta hand it to you Michel...that’s a WHOLE lotta “lovin” going around Lesu! LOL. You want to talk about “turncoat;” no one fits into that “coat” more neatly this season than LoserDog. And that’s who’s offer Rick should have embraced??

Rick did exhibit good sportsmanship when he left...for what he had every reason to think would be a hot shower, a comfortable bed, and all the food he could eat at the Ponderosa. He resided himself to the fact his game was over. Obviously that all changed with the EI twist. He made the most of the opportunity and has now emerged as the player who owned this season regardless of the outcome on Wednesday. His one-on-one exchange with LoserDog was bitter, but I believe the primary emotion he was feeling was paranoia. Let’s understand he had been living on EI where several players were lamenting over the fact they never saw their boot coming, so his feeling of paranoia was certainly understandable.

Gavin did not turn on Eric. To keep Eric in the game he appropriately targeted Ron as an alternative who was a big reason for why things began to go south for Kama. When Julia had no intentions of keeping Eric, WE ALL SAW AND HEARD how she let Gavin know and stormed away without any assurance or agreement from Gavin. Gavin did NOT have the look of a happy camper in that scene.

To infer ANYONE “turned” on Julia is absurd when her flapping blabbermouth at TC placed the noose around her own neck. The obnoxious whispering and scrambling sadly allowed at TC was her death knell despite any turncoat spin you are trying to conjure up.

Sure, he was appreciative of Ron bringing him (and Carli) on the Reward, but he never saw Aurora gifting him her advantage coming. So now Ron expects him to vote how he wants because he brought him on the Reward AND Aurora expects him to vote how she wants because she gave him her advantage to use at TC. You can’t come up with a more perfect example of the proverbial “Rock and a Hard Place.” Only a spin doctor like yourself would even attempt to spin that no win situation for Gavin as turncoat.

I’m going to presume you are goofing around when questioning Gavin’s “faithfulness.” Fortunately, Edge of Extinction does not have a Ho-leigh in its cast like on the recent BB season. Gavin’s selections for Reward were purely strategic gameplay. Whereas, I’m sure Carli might have much preferred her new hubby picking a lesbian over this season’s eye candy for his second choice...Butterface’s bird poop shouldn’t even raise a concern from Carli.

05-12-19, 12:30 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep. 13 LAST RANKING"
Instead of living in your la-dee-da world of complete certitudes you really should look back at that Lesu Tribal Council where they all agreed that they'd love to stay together but "unfortunately" they had to vote one out.

However, that doesn't really matter because the best move for Rick at that point would have been to swallow any bitterness he felt and gone along with War Dog's plan. You like certitudes well that IS a certitude. He'd still be in an alliance right now and he wouldn't have to run around like a fool.

Gavin turned on Ron AND Eric. Gavin turned on Julia. Gavin turned a second time on Ron even after promising him to go to the F3 with Julie. When Aurora gave him her extra vote without him asking he could have voted against her and would have been applauded for the move. He had no allianc ewith Aurora but he had one, a confirmed one, with Ron.

Your childish dislike of Victoria's appearance is shameful.

05-13-19, 06:19 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep. 13 LAST RANKING"
Oh, that’s right...I forgot...you registered the trademark on “bashing,” and as the trademark owner only YOU can determine what is appropriate bashing or “childish.” You may want to exercise certitude if you’re going to place an uncomplimentary label on someone, i.e. “turncoat,” rather than use your own spin and/or personal interpretation for your own "shameful" name-calling.

It is beyond laughable to suggest Rick advancing to the F5 by going along with LoserDog upon earning his way back into the game would have been a certitude. LMAO! I’m sure Kelly thought it was a certitude she’d be still in the game at this point without stepping foot on EI by sticking with Loserdog...until SHE decided the right time to exercise “Lesu Love” and ultimately turn the tables on him.

Rick made the right decision to proactively take matters into his own hands and “pilot” his OWN destiny by outworking and outplaying the rest of the castaways. In Palau when Ian decided it was his time to Anti-Darwin Tom, Westman took matters into his own hands and won going away. Mike Holloway was in a similar situation at the same point in his season who outworked his way to the title of sole Survivor. Ben had a similar situation when it was everyone else left in the game against him and he responded by out-searching and outplaying the rest to become Survivor Champion. We’ll see if Rick can become the latest example of the three past certitudes I just mentioned. Either way, I believe there was no better approach Rick could have taken upon winning his way back that would have resulted in a F5 certainty.

While you have me laughing, I’m REALLY rolling on the ground to think had Gavin double-crossed Aurora with the advantage she gave him YOU would be applauding that move. You’d be all over his ass spinning him as a “turncoat” and compounding the name-calling instead of acknowledging the certitude of being placed in a position where it was impossible to please BOTH Ron and Aurora in that situation.

Hey, if anyone chooses to be immature, silly, and comical in a forum devoted to BASHING, then God Bless them...allow them to bash away as they see fit. One of the reasons posters participate in this forum is to bash the debacles Production cast for Survivor. For all those who wish to enter:

”CHECK YOUR MATURITY AT THE DOOR!”

05-13-19, 11:54 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep. 13 LAST RANKING"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-19 AT 04:44 PM (EST)

Calling someone butterface and bird-poop because she has freckles THAT is kindergarten material. I don't think a 5 year old even knows the definition of Turncoat, much less use it correctly as I've done with Gavin.

We saw that War Dog had no intentions of turning on Devens. Things might have changed yes, but Devens would still have allies to help him. Lauren was betrayed by War Dog but she still found allies because she never turned down anyone's proposal like Devens sadly did. Nothing would have prevented Devens from still finding the hidden idol so, yes, he'd still be in the F5 even if War Dog had turned on him but he wouldn't be so desperate. That is the certitude I was talking about.

While Tom had a strong social game, Mike and Ben's were absolutely pathetic. They faced constant elimination and were lucky to have the challenge wins and the idols to get them to the end, not mentioning that F4 twist that saved Ben's bacon. Good for them and their bank accounts but as Survivor players they were seriously lacking.

Gavin had no alliance with Aurora and she gifted that extra vote out of stupid reasoning so yes, I would have applauded that audacious move.

As for maturity, you can certainly act as a child if you wish but I much prefer an enlightened debate.

05-13-19, 07:44 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep. 13 LAST RANKING"
I’m certain a 5-year-old does NOT know the meaning of “Butterface” either, much less use it correctly as I’ve done with Victoria.

LoserDog could have very easily turned on Rick just as he did on Kelly despite your so-called fan fiction “intentions...” and it could have happened before Rick had an idol OR Rick may have felt exactly as you (and Kelly) did regarding LoserDogs intentions and suffered the same fate as Kelly. The REAL certitude is Rick DID IN FACT advance to the F5 as a direct result of his proactive play to outwork the others. Any other hypothetical situation you conjure up does not have the same certitude.

As good a social game as Tom had, if he does not win the last two ICs, he gets Anti-Darwined. Mike’s tribemate flat out said that “Mike was the glue holding the tribe together.” HMMM, sure sounds like an “absolutely pathetic” social game to me. ROMFLAO! The reason those winners faced constant elimination is because of the lame chickenshits who bitterly resented being outworked, out-searched, and out-performed. Now THAT is absolutely pathetic! What’s even more pathetic is for someone to discount that hard work ethic and successfully putting out optimum effort as “lucky.” Only an immature whiny child would take that approach. How very, VERY shameful.

Allow me to inform you when a particular part of Survivor (i.e. F4 Fire building tiebreaker) is to occur FOUR consecutive seasons it is no longer regarded as a “twist” and has become a format in the game. Unlike the REAL twist we saw in One World when the II was literally placed in Colton’s lap. That is a season "twist" because we never saw another exchange in that exact manner...and hope to never have to see it again.

I completely disagree with Aurora’s decision to gift her advantage to Gavin as “stupid.” Gavin had just returned from a Reward thanks to Ron and she was understandably concerned that Ron had convinced Gavin they were going to split the votes between Rick and Aurora. Aurora giving the advantage to IC winner Gavin guaranteed the advantage would be able to be used should there be a revote. It also was her counterpunch to Ron’s attempt to win Gavin’s favor but giving Gavin a favor of her own. It successfully put Gavin between a rock and a hard place.

If you REALLY would much prefer an “enlightened” debate, how about you stop the lamest and cheapest rebuttal any debater can make by forcing your adversary to have to disprove an unproven. Any debate moderator would completely disallow such a childish maneuver. Certitudes hold a TON more weigh than theories and unproven conspiracies in the art of a debate.

05-13-19, 09:07 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep. 13 LAST RANKING"
Dan was the one who said Mike was the glue and, later, he said that Mike had broken his heart. Mike's social game can only be defined as pathetic when you realize that a FRIEND couldn't believe him anymore. Everyone else said that Mike was crazy, that he didn't listen to anyone but himself, that he made a huge mistake at the auction showing he was a liar. His actions are what pushed everyone away.

Yes, by now the Fire challenge is a twist but, for Ben, he didn't know about it and didn't play for it so, for him, it was a million dollar lucky break.

As for this season, Devens did make it to the F5 I'm certainly not disputing that. My argument is that he wouldn't be without allies if he hadn't rejected an alliance offer. You simply NEVER do that in Survivor. Accepting War Dog's offer doesn't mean he'd put his total faith in him and he should still have worked hard to find the idols but he wouldn't be so alone right now.

Read my analysis of Aurora's move. In every realistic vote combination she would have been better served keeping that extra vote for herself. A for Gavin, if we accept that he was in a tough position as you think then we have to say that he turned his back on another ally when he voted out Aurora. For me, he hadn't been in an alliance with Aurora before accepting her extra vote so I wouldn't have had any problems seeing use it against her. A foolish move deserved a quick exit but she's gone now anyway.

I've never asked you to disprove anything. For me, Survivor is rigged but I don't have any hard evidence so you don't even need to disprove what are only suppositions. That's all they are: Suppositions where I underline the coincidences and the "lucky breaks" that production's favorites so often get that they've reached the point where the show is losing credibility.

I'm sure you know people who don't watch Survivor or Big Brother so I suggest you ask them why. I'm sure that, among other reasons, you'll hear quite a few: "Those shows are rigged." They are. Not to the extent these people think but they are fixed.

PS. There's another thing I wanted to mention. You wrote up there that if Nash theory was correct, Julie would certainly win. That is wrong because Nash's theory is a probabilistic one. All it says is that in a season where there are many leaders, a follower is more likely going to win. "More Likely" and "A" follower among all of them. Even Nash himself wouldn't say that Julie was going to win.

05-14-19, 08:02 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep. 13 LAST RANKING"
AWWWW, poor Dan was “brokenhearted.” So “brokenhearted” he willingly and gladly gave Mike a million dollars. As a matter of fact, an overwhelming majority of the Jury did so as well. If Mike’s social game was SOOOO absolutely pathetic as you exaggerate it to be, he does not win as convincingly as he did.

I think you meant to reply the fire challenge is now a “format” in the game?
Come on, Michel...scores of events and happenings occur without the players knowing about them. That’s pretty much the premise of these shows. The best part of Reality Show competitions is for the players to NOT know what to expect and be forced to adapt and take advantage of opportunities.
Sure, the fire challenge was a fortunate opportunity for Ben...but he STILL had to take advantage of it and WIN the challenge! Had Ben lost the challenge it would NOT have been so “lucky” for him.

Should Rick make it to the Finals, I’m certain he’ll have enough “allies” to bring him victory. As Mike and Ben proved, when you’re an ADS target, you’ll have very few (if any) allies because they are scared to keep you in the game. But at the very end (barring a Bitty Betty Jury) they'll be "allies" when you need them the most. There’s no way on God’s Green Earth I would ever accept any offer from LoserDog. I’ll stand by my statement that Rick advances further by the approach he’s taking now as opposed to putting his faith in the REAL turncoat backstabber of this season—LoserDog.

Playing the game in real time, I do not fault Aurora with giving the advantage to IC winner Gavin. Had she kept the advantage and a revote occurred between Aurora and Ron, she’d be unable to use it. Gavin would have used it to keep Aurora safe. Just because it did not ultimately end up in a revote, I would not say her decision was “stupid.” Gavin (and Butterface) did not write down Aurora’s name because they “turned their back on her.” They were duped by Rick who outwitting them with how he played his idol. Much like we saw Tony V. use his idol with special powers making the others believe the idol had powers it really didn’t.

Of course, you won’t ask me to disprove a conjured-up theory or an unproven rig or conspiracy...because it is IMPOSSIBLE! LOL. That’s my very point. The onus is on those to come up with hard evidence and prove their claims as valid as opposed to preposterously calling those “Kool-aid drinkers” for not being able to disprove an unproven.

As for those who no longer watch Survivor because they feel the show is rigged...at least they FEEL SO CONSISTENTLY REGARDLESS OF THE OUTCOME. IMO, you’re a flipper when crying “foul,” “rigged,” or “fix.” Those words roll of your tongue quite easily when a proactive, give a 100%, take the bull by the horns player emerges victorious. But when it’s one of the pathetically inept coattail-riders you love to champion, you (not surprisingly) discount any such “twist” or lucky break as irrelevant for obvious reason. If the show is rigged...then it’s rigged. If it’s not...then it’s not. You conveniently pick and choose when the show is rigged or not rigged based on personal preference.

Julie is the biggest follower this season, so according to Nash she’s this season’s winner. Your explanation is exactly what Nostradamus “scholars” do to either back into after-the-fact predictions or backpedal an excuse why the theory does not apply in a proposed outcome that discounts the very theory.

05-15-19, 07:39 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep. 13 LAST RANKING"
Mike won because he faced two big goats. Will was even called a "dead fish". Rodney, not the greatest social player by a long shot, would have probably beaten him.

A game is a set of rules. The first things players do when starting a new game is to learn the rules. Changing them in mod-stream is a big reason why these shows are considered rigged. A game loses all credibility when its rules aren't fixed.

There couldn't be a tie if Aurora herself had put two votes on Ron.. Big miscalculation on her part but, like you said, she was in the fog of war situation. What's your excuse?

You keep forgetting about my Winners ranking. That disproves that I call "rig" or "fix" only when it favors my favorite. Your dishonesty is clearly showing since you keep brining this baseless argument.

The Nash theory is a probabilistic one so of course it doesn't have certainties. It still won a Nobel Proze, dumbass.

05-15-19, 06:12 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep. 13 LAST RANKING"
So, to NOT be further accused of a “hit-n-run” cheap shot artist, I’m telling you right now it is very doubtful I’ll have any time to get to this thread before tonight’s Finale. As a matter of fact, I may be running late to even make it home for the start of the episode. Not that I’m heartbroken because this season really went into the hopper.

Catch you on the post-finale threads where we always seem to have a spirited wrap-up even if this season totally SUCKED.

Enjoy the Finale

05-12-19, 05:42 PM (EST)
14. "My Take and a Case for Each Player"
Playing Hide n’ Seek

Previously on Survivor, at Tribal Council, Devens saved himself... <”I would like to play this immunity idol for myself”>
...but Victoria, Gavin, Lauren and Aurora had a back-up plan.

It’s evident that, for production, the show is reduced to its simplest expression and that is Tribal Council. They should be happy with a finale that will feature 4 of them and a Fire Challenge. Except for the challenges, (which also feature Jeff) what happens on the island is becoming less and less important.

Vata Night 31

Gavin had the first interview of the evening: “Last Tribal Council, I blindsided Ron. That was probably the most guilty I’ve felt voting someone out. I felt like I had to separate my heart from the game. Now that he’s gone, I think all the focus went straight to Devens because you know Devens is the idol and advantage king right now. So, Devens needs to go home.”

Devens’ confessional: “I told everyone that I got the idol from the Edge of Extinction instead of Vata Beach because I don’t want them to look at Vata Beach. I want to be the only one out here grinding and working to find the idol. For the time being, if they still think that all the advantages come from the Edge of Extinction that plays right into my hands. I think I’m still on the bottom; no one is coming to work with me except maybe Julie right now because she was blindsided so I’m going to get really clever in any other way that I can manipulate the game.”

Devens would come up with many clever ideas. In fact his tricks will be featured all night long, making this episode quite enjoyable.

In confessional, Aurora told us that she was happy to have finally found an alliance in Victoria, Gavin and Lauren. Devens was her number one target. She really wanted him out.

Right there and then, we had the feeling that Aurora’s happiness wouldn’t last. It was the perfect set-up for another blindside.

Devens gave us an interview while we watched him getting up in the middle of the night: “At Tribal last night, Ron went home and that was great but if I didn’t have the idol, it was me going home. I’m still at the bottom and I know the only way I’m getting to final 3 is if I work and get myself there.”

Vata Day 32

Devens was still walking around the jungle: “Early bird gets the worm; I’ve got to find it before anyone else. To get to the end of the game, I’m going to have to do it alone.”

It was Lauren’s turn to be interviewed: “Devens is a huge liar; I mean he didn’t get gifted an idol from Extinction. He found the idol. I have the Hidden Immunity Idol from the original Manu Beach up my sleeve so I know that idols do come from this island but nobody else knows. So, I’m definitely looking for the idol but, most importantly, I want to make sure that Rick does not have one.”

Lauren followed Rick for a while but then walked back to camp.

Viewers will ask why she didn’t stay with Rick the whole time but she did say that she had been searching for the idol. So it’s possible that she had looked all over that path and found nothing. Should she have looked more attentively? Maybe. But it’s also possible that the idol wasn’t there when she was looking but had just been placed after she left. Production also has tricks up their sleeves.

Devens interview: “I feel it’s idol or bust. I have to find the idol. If I don’t find it, I’m back to the Edge of Extinction but I’ll keep hustling until the end of this game... Ta-da-da-da-dun-da! Breaking news: Another Idol found! And it was me! I’m so excited. I’ve been at the bottom for so long and that can be so defeating but I’m working as hard as I can to bring the money home to my family. I’m getting stronger. I absolutely feel strong and i know that my family is going to be proud of me...and I am too.”

If we recall, War Dog made a good proposal to Rick soon after the merger which the news anchorman flatly rejected. Had he accepted it maybe he wouldn’t have been on the bottom for so long.

The Reward Challenge

Gavin won the reward and he chose Victoria and Lauren to share it with him. That upset Aurora who, like Victoria hadn’t been on many rewards.

It’s strange how no one mentions that Gavin is good in these challenges. I’m guessing it’s because it won’t matter in the end; he won’t win the final immunity, the one that will really count. That was the reason why we never heard about Rafe’s challenge abilities in Guatemala.

Gavin’s confessional: “Winning this reward is a life-changing moment for me because I’ve only been on a plane twice and never been on a helicopter... It almost feels like a roller coaster but a heck of a lot different than Disney World that’s for sure. I chose to take Victoria and Lauren instead of Aurora. I’m sure Aurora is hurting because of this decision but I hope she’s a smart enough player to know that she is still better off going with me, Victoria and Lauren instead of working with someone like Devens who has a clear shot of winning this game.”

This interview is just filler because it tells us nothing about Gavin other than his feelings of the moment.

The helicopter flew right by their camp so the players saw Aurora sunbathing on the beach. It was going to be the first of two helicopter shots showing a player this evening and this one would be very ironic considering that Aurora was going to be our next player voted out of the game. I expect that the second one was used in the traditional way; the winner’s helicopter shot.

Lauren’s interview: “As of right now, the three of us all agree that Devens has to go and then Gavin and Victoria are thinking Julie but I’m really worried. Julie and I have been close since right about the spa reward and we have built a trust so I personally don’t want to take Julie out.”

Note that Lauren had the interview instead of Victoria which tells us their relative importance in this story. Lauren’s confessional also shines in comparison to Gavin’s because of its substance. It is also notable that this was the first step in turning the vote away from Julie and on to Aurora, a turn that could have been entirely credited to Devens’ creative manipulations during the upcoming Tribal Council. The viewers could have been shown a story from Aurora, Devens or Julie’s perspective, a story in which Devens’ tactics were the only reason why the vote suddenly flipped to Aurora but, instead, we are shown that Devens’ tactics played nicely into Lauren’s plans. It could be a significant hint in our search for the identity of the Sole Survivor. Of course, that is if we are being told the winner’s story, nothing here matters if our winner spent all his or her time on the Edge of Extinction.

Vata Day 32

Victoria’s confessional: “Coming back from the reward, I knew I had to talk to Aurora to assure that, on our end, nothing had changed. The most important thing is moving together as a foursome. Aurora, she’s just an emotional player so now I have to doubly reassure her that nothing has changed. To win this game it would be smartest for us to stick together.”

Aurora’s interview: “So automatically, Victoria wants to explain that there really was no ill-will from their side being on the reward. Even if I have doubts, it is the most logical choice to stay in this alliance. I just want to move forward; to get out Devens and Julie. So, at this point, I’ve got to stick with my plan.”

The “automatically” used by Aurora indicates that there is no real love between her and Victoria. Could it be a hint to the way she will vote if Victoria is one of the choices offered to her.

The Edge of Extinction – Day 32

Each player had written a letter to himself before the game started and the players on the edge were now receiving those letters. Each was directed to find an isolated spot to read it. It was production’s way of making us feel that Survivor is a life changing experience but some of these players had been through the rigors of the games 3 times already so how much change were they really experiencing. As for the new players, it was mostly vain bravado since only one will actually get a second chance.
Which one will it be? There came the second helicopter shot of the evening and this one had the wide overview that we’ve come to connect with a winner’s shot. It was Chris who walked out to a rocky promontory to read his letter. Once more, we heard him say his plan had been to play a perfect game and that now he had to adjust.

Vata Day 33

Devens’ interview: “My plan right now is, I’ve got my idol, now I’m doing the best I can to totally mess with everyone I’m in camp with. I can rest on Day 40 but right now it’s everything into the game.”

I was afraid that Devens would make the usual mistake of relaxing in camp after finding his idol but his plan was not only perfect but very entertaining. The rest of the segment showed us just how much he was effective in messing with everyone’s mind. Gavin’s confessional showed just that Devens plan was working.

Lauren’s interview: “I think that Rick has gone crazy; he disappears out of nowhere. It’s like playing hide n’ seek and I always hated playing hide n’ seek as a kid. So we’re just walking around aimlessly; trying to find him is madness.”

Day 34 – The Immunity Challenge

It was a word puzzle which seemed to be Aurora’s least favorite kind of game but Devens’ specialty. As he said: “If they are all bad at word puzzles I just have to be mediocre.”

I guess this sums up this season nicely. Since most of the last 20 seasons have been bad then this one only has to be mediocre to be better. It is. Maybe not better than the last one but certainly better than the most of the others.
Rick won Immunity.

Rick in solo: “Because I have the necklace, I am safe now but I was target number one. They are going to go for Julie, the only person not in that four, the only person who might be willing to work with me so I’m really hoping that I will find a way to keep her in the game.”

Vata Day 34

Aurora had a confessional that closed her story arc nicely: Rick was a thorn in her side and his win sucked but she trusted her Final 4.

Right after Victoria guessed that they’d vote for Aurora, we heard Rick telling Julie that they should vote for Aurora.

As brilliant as it is, there is a major flaw in Rick’s edit: He is always shown to be one step behind in the tactical game. It started in Lesu, continued after the merger when he flatly declined War Dog’s first offer to work together and even more when he tried to rally Ron in an alliance of the “Big Threats” and now by Lauren first and even Victoria. His edit is telling us this: He’s working hard to win this game but he isn’t working well. If Rick doesn’t win the game then he’ll become Survivor’s version of the Ingenious Gentleman Sir Quixote of La Mancha.

Julie’s interview: “I’m willing to work with Rick for the next vote because I don’t have many other choices but i need more than just the two of us. I do have a good relationship with Lauren but if Lauren votes for Aurora we’re still going to need someone else to vote Aurora with her.”

After talking to Julie, Lauren gave us her thoughts: “Moving forward with Julie means that I could possibly sit next to her in the end and I think I have a better chance of beating her than I do Aurora. I think that Julie has become a very emotional player so I don’t think that a lot of the jury likes Julie. So, I’m going to try to convince Gavin that his best play is to not take Aurora to the end.”

Lauren understood that he best option was to go for the “easy vote” Gavin. It wouldn’t be the first time that he’d flip on an ally.

Informed of Lauren’s plan, Gavin was non-committal, wanting to talk to Victoria before making up his decision. Lauren pressed him, asking if he’d do it even if Victoria shut down the idea. Gavin couldn’t give her an answer.

Gavin solo: “Lauren hit me with a conversation: “Do we really need to vote Julie who is the easy vote or should we get out someone like Aurora who is going to be a threat at the Fire-making challenge or just a threat to win that Final Immunity challenge.” Lauren was ready to roll with it as long as I was. She didn’t need Victoria’s vote but that concerns me just because I am close with Victoria. Moving forward, I want to make sure Victoria is in on this vote and that she is OK with it because I don’t want to rock the boat before it needs to be rocked.”

Informing Victoria of Lauren’s plan was one thing, telling Victoria that Lauren was willing to do it without Victoria EVEN if she said she’d vote for Julie if Victoria was opposed to the plan is ratting out a friend. Gavin isn’t a player who should be trusted. He even had to audacity to tell Victoria that Lauren knew he wouldn’t do it if it was only the two of them. That is a flat lie.

Victoria’s interview: “Lauren was ready to vote Aurora with or without me. It doesn’t matter to her whether I was on board so now I feel like I’m in a bad spot because, at this point, I trust Gavin but I believe Lauren is trying to work with Julie so I’d rather just have Julie out of the game.”

Rick’s confessional: “Julie...I should do everything I can to keep her in the game. She is also someone I wouldn’t mind sitting next to in the Final 3 so I’m going to have a trick or two up my sleeve to go along with my necklace. It gives me an opportunity to make a splash at Tribal Council and have this four person alliance turn on each other. Just to have them look at each other like that will put a smile on my face. The more confused they are the better it is for me because confused people do crazy things.”

Tribal Council Night 34

The Final episode usually starts on Day 36 but this time we’ll be in the morning of Day 35 so it’s easy to imagine that the editing of that final episode will be rushed.

Devens said he saw many unhappy faces in camp after his win.
Julie confirmed that there was a four person alliance that didn’t include her or Devens.
Aurora wanted to see Devens out of the game.
Victoria and Gavin agreed with Aurora. Then the group talked about Devens running around and hiding in trees.
Devens put an end to the speculation by taking out his idol adding he’d play it for Julie and they’d vote for one of the four.

That got the jury’s attention and really excited them. Either they admire Devens’ game play or they want to see that Julie is safe. Lauren and Gavin see her as a goat but is she really?

Lauren looked at Gavin as if to say: “Now you have to vote for Aurora.”
Gavin was nervous and Lauren said she didn’t feel as comfortable as before.
Aurora wasn’t even sure if it was a real idol.
Devens pointed out that he could play the idol on Julie because he already played on for Dave and, with a returning player, the numbers could turn from a 4-1 disadvantage into a 3-3 tie. He added that is more aggressive game play came from his sojourn on the Edge of Extinction.

It was time to vote.

As expected, Devens didn’t play his idol.

He and Julie voted against Aurora.
Aurora voted against Julie.
Lauren, Gavin and Victoria also voted against Aurora.

The Story

The story has not been easy to follow. There isn’t a discernible villain and the main star of the story is continually shown to be one step behind his antagonists. That could be easily explained if the story of Vata doesn’t include the winner of this season. Looking at the Next Time on Survivor segment, we see that it is all about the return challenge which happens one cycle earlier than in previous iterations where Outcasts returned late in the game. Maybe, like Devens did with the other players, the editors have played Hide n’ Seek with the viewers, keeping their winner mostly out of sight on the Edge of Extinction. The returning player may have an advantage like Devens received at the merger, complicating life for our Final 5. So, let us see what case could be presented to the jury.

The Characters

Most of the old tenants of the Island of Extinction

Reem, Julia, David, Aubry, Eric, Joe, David, Kelley War Dog Ron: Anyone of them would have a strong case to present to the jury. It would be their personal story of perseverance and, for the returning players in this group, their perseverance extends well beyond the weeks spent on the Edge of extinction. Joe, Aubry, Kelley and Dave have been persevering for years to conquer this game and all have made strong bonds with other members of the jury.

The New Resident:

Aurora: She has won a few challenges but, unfortunately for her, there are a lot of challenge experts on the Edge of Extinction. It will be difficult for her to win that challenge and continue winning if she comes back. If she does make it to the F3 she will have a strong case to present to the jury because she has been left to fend on her own for most of the season. Her main liabilities are her lack of involvement in the tactical part of the game and her social skills which seem very limited. She didn’t appear to make friends out there and that often proves costly.

Gavin: The least trustworthy member of the Final 5, Gavin should have the toughest time convincing the jury of his merits. He’s turned his back on many members of the jury and he’s been indecisive in his actions. His main chance would be to win all the remaining challenges, earning the chance of eliminating the two Edge of Extinction returning players and selecting his final opponents. That could earn the jury’s respect but short of that I don’t see Gavin winning.

Victoria: Like she yelled to Jeff during the immunity challenge, Victoria needs to remind the jury that she is playing the game. She has played a strong game, benefitting greatly from Kama’s early dominance and then nicely navigating through its self-destruction. However, the editors haven’t given her the attention she deserved and it is probably because the jury won’t see it either. I feel that her participation in the Final 3 is the most certain of them all but her failure is also the easiest to predict.

Julie: Lauren, Gavin and Devens all said they’d like to sit next to her at the end, suggesting she’d be easily beaten. She even calls herself a goat but whenever someone says they are a goat, Sandra for example, then that’s often proven false by the vote. Julie will need to control her emotions at Final Tribal Council. Tears have often earned votes but not hysteria. If she can present her case calmly, shedding a tear or two at the right moments, I’m not so sure she couldn’t beat the players that haven’t had a chance to mingle with the other jurors.

Devens: He is undoubtedly the break out character of the season, the “Hero” of the story but, like Don Quixote, he could be a failing hero. All his tactics are valid but he is still shown to be one step behind his opponents. Devens had the rare opportunity to talk directly to many of the jury members in a non-competitive environment, he is a family man and he speaks extremely well in public so he would win in any combination of Final 3 players that excludes the other returnee but, if he is destined to be Survivor’s Don Quixote, then Aurora should get her wish and see him voted out. The returning player is both a curse and a help for him. It will help because that player will draw immediate attention as a player to eliminate but it is a curse because it will be a tough opponent to beat in the next 3 immunity challenges and maybe an impossible one to beat in front of the jury.

Lauren: Personally, I would vote for Lauren if she makes the Final 3. She has been able to infiltrate the Kama alliance and has been able to keep Julie’s trust. Her journey has been difficult, going through Manu and Lesu’s losing streak and suffering from the harsh conditions that prevailed before the merger. She’s made the most friends out there and she has seen clearly through most of the schemes that didn’t include her. Despite her position in the minority she has almost always been able to see the direction of the vote (Kelley’s elimination is the one big exception) which meant she has kept her idol. Now, having the returning player coming in at F6 instead of F5 means someone else in the game will know about her idol so that could hurt her but it could also attract a new ally.

The Helicopter Shot:

Chris: The camera work on Survivor is superb. We get incredible nature shots and we are able to mingle with the players in camp when they are having very intimate moments and during extremely heated arguments without even noticing the staff. Once in a while, the producers decide to augment our experience by giving us a view from a camera mounted in a helicopter. The helicopter shot is so impressive that, at times, the editors have chosen to show only those that include the eventual winner. Earl on top of a Mountain in Fiji, Parvati and Natalie White on beaches in Micronesia and Samoa respectively were central in these great panoramic images. I’m sure every one noticed the magnificent image of Chris sitting alone on a rock out in the ocean. He went there to read his own letter, telling us it was about his desire to play a perfect game and how he realized Survivor wasn’t about playing a perfect game. Wouldn’t that be a perfect moral to this season’s story if Chris is not only the returning player but the one who becomes the season’s Sole Survivor?

I don’t know how I’d feel about this season if a player won despite being voted out. Like any purist should, I simply hate the idea even if everyone knew the parameters of this season once they hit the merger. The returning player had much to endure, yes, but they didn’t have to face the votes. Taking Chris as an example, it is exactly as if he had been immune for the last 9 Tribal Councils. More than that, he has become friends with the members of that jury and he’s fed them daily. For me, Survivor is all about the vote and a winner should not only have contributed to those votes but most importantly, needed to avoid being voted out.

05-12-19, 08:04 PM (EST)
15. "RE: My Take and a Case for Each Player"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-19 AT 08:05 PM (EST)

Nice synopsis all the way through, and nice metaphorical references to one of my favorite stories.

I understand your take on Chris, and you could be right. That shot just might be the winner’s clue. But I can't pick him because he has almost no participation in the story this season. Who knows, maybe this was the best they could do, but I just can't see the producers, who more than anything want a show that viewers will be satisfied with and return to next season (and enable them to charge a higher ad rate - sometimes I think that we forget that this a business and should be evaluated with that in mind) leaving him so far out of the spotlight works against that. If he wins, it will be a WTF season, for me anyway.

They like redemption stories, and a loner who perseveres, and Aurora, a proven competitor who has given some pretty emotional confessionals, seems to me to have the ability to talk persuasively at the Final TC (even given that Rick will probably do very well, and even better). Her story is a focus, especially toward the end, and she looks to me to be as good a pick as any. I agree that Rick's story is a little lopsided for a winner, I also think that because he was responsible for the first set of bootees, his theatrics and playing with the jury votes heads might not work in his favor with the final jury members.

My pick is still Aurora, but personally, I wouldn't lay money against Rick, or on Aurora. I might lay some against Chris or anyone else. Heart wise, I'd like Lauren to win. She just seems like a sweet woman who has negotiated an intelligent path so far without incurring any real enemies on the jury. However, I have a feeling that she won’t survive the final challenge(s).

05-12-19, 09:16 PM (EST)
16. "RE: My Take and a Case for Each Player"
Thank you, Kingfish.

The Don Quixote image came to me when Rick was running around just to mess with his opponents minds and they called him crazy. Of course, it will only apply if he doesn't win.

LIke you, I'd like to see Lauren win and while her edit has been more consistent than most, it still has some negative moments in it such as showing her encouraging Aurora to look in Devens' bag. Speaking of which I ask would they have shown Aurora going through Devens' bag if she was going to be the winner? Maybe it was something impossible to hide but showing that she had no regrets about it is a bit much, don,t you think?

Yes, Chris has been completely ignored in many episodes but if he comes back and wins all the immunity challenges to the end which he pretty much would have to do to win it all then his story will have enough substance to satisfy the viewers who put most of their attention on the challenges and on the "Outplay" part of the equation.

I always consider Survivor as a ratings business but Jeff has often mentioned that they've stopped worrying about new viewers. They know they have a large hardcore audience and they mostly cater to them.

sj007 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-14-19, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sj007 Click to send private message to sj007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: My Take and a Case for Each Player"
I just wanted to visit once again and state that those ##### overabundance of hidden immunity idols have ruined the game. That's why I don't watch on tv anymore. I agree Douchebag Devens has searched longer for idols that they have shown. But they are way too easy to find and enable players like Devens with no social game to advance far. He is obviously good at challenges but without the plethora of hiis and advantages he would be long gone. And why in the hell didn't they vote Julie? At the very least it flushes his idol. Now he still has it. After that dumb move the only one who deserves to win is Devens. And if one of the returnees from EOE wins that may be a hard pill to swallow for me. We'll see.

05-14-19, 07:50 PM (EST)
22. "RE: My Take and a Case for Each Player"
I agree that the number of HII is simply ridiculous. At most, they should have one in the first two camps and not replace them unless they are played before the merger. If they are played then maybe one more could be planted at the merger camp but even that is a lot.

However, voting for Julie would not have flushed the idol. It was only a bluff and Devens had no intention of playing it for her. He had decided to keep it before the votes were revealed.

05-15-19, 06:11 AM (EST)
24. "RE: My Take and a Case for Each Player"
Hey sj007...glad to see you back.
If you’re REALLY disheartened with Rick finding idols, blame the other players who allow him openings to do so. It’s blatantly apparent everyone else is ganging up on Rick to get him out. Then take turns to cover him like a blanket to prevent any idol finding. The little we saw of that attempt proved to be a pitiful effort. And Rick makes a break for it and loses his pursuers to such an extent he can fall asleep in an embankment out of sight from the others?! Either that is the most disgraceful effort ever of shadowing a targeted player, or we’ll see Rick on the next season of American Ninjas! LOL

Enjoy the episode tonight. We usually have a couple post-finale threads posted on Bashers, so we can continue there.

05-15-19, 11:27 AM (EST)
26. "RE: My Take and a Case for Each Player"
But even shadowing is futile. If he sees the idols and goes to grab it, players aren't allowed to wrestle so what would they do? All that would be accomplished is that they'd know he has an idol, they couldn't prevent him from getting it. And they all found out he has an idol anyway because he showed it to them.

sj007 and I are actually complaining that there are too many idols to find. That's production deciding to interfere with the game by giving someone an additional chance to stay safe.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •