The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep. 10"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 3110 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-18-19, 08:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep. 10"
Well I’m sure butterfly watchers who get “chubbies” watching the social butterflies fluttering their wings back at camp were just as discontented with Ep. 10 as I was with the TC fiasco in Ep. 9. Packing two ICs and two TCs into a one-hour telecast, something had to give...at least the “meat” of the show was kept intact.

DAN – Clearly the star of Ep. 10 and earns top billing for this week. The early bird gets the worm, or in this case, the early Dog got the bone(s.) First, he beat David to the punch by rallying votes against David before David tried to do the same to Dan. Then he orchestrates the “Blood of the Blindside” against Kelley before she could have turned on him. Not surprisingly, the LoserDog cops yet another last place finish—but at least he competed unlike the Chickeshit Four who sat out so they could feed their faces like pigs eating out of a trough.

AURORA – It’s commendable to win immunity...to do so when you absolutely needed it is clutch and impressive. Her last IC win took her from a guaranteed boat ride to Extinction Island to the inside track for the F5. Talk about earning that change of fortune. The only vote she would get if in the Finals would be Joe if he is unable to win his way back into the game, so a seat in the Finals is not outside the realm of possibility for her.

RICK – He probably wins that IC even without the advantage, but his good deed (using the II on David) did not go unrewarded. Well done! He’s sneaky good in challenges and he has the chops to handle himself well at FTC. All-in-all, he’s not one you might want to sit next to at the end.

LAUREN – As one of the Chickensit Four...caulk it up as a lesson learned. She’s the only one (other than the Extinction Island inhabitants) who knows Kelley didn’t use her idol. This give her a heads-up that another idol may be rehidden, so she should be engaging in a Survivor Champion Ben-like scavenger hunt while the others are sleeping. Potentially two HIIs and her challenge prowess could get her to the end.

GAVIN – Not sure why he was left out of the Kelley blindside. Gavin is a player, and could prove to be a costly oversight on Dan’s part. Unlike Rick, who flipped out on Dan, I see Gavin as a cooler customer when confronting Dan as we saw in the preview on NTOS.

JULIE – Definitely not a “pilot,” but also not a “passenger.” It’s Day 27 and you’re still not sure which alliance you want to ride with? I give her little chance making it to the end, and even less chance of winning.

RON – This Chickenshit Four member goes from “Puppet Master” to Monkey in the Middle. Being a perennial swing vote is not what you want on your resume when stating your case on Day 39. He should have been gone at the Eric boot so he’s pretty much playing with house money now.

BUTTERFACE – Her selfishness among the Chickenshit Four could not have won her any favors. Has F3 Goat written all over her face (beneath the bird poop.) Victoria found her place in the Basher Forum...that’s more than can be said for the game of Survivor.

BOOTED

DAVID – He knew he was the prime target for the first TC, so I do question his decision to move the target to arguably the most pathetic challenge joke this season...especially when the IC provided him with better options—the Chickensit Four. Not sure he would have escaped the inevitable, but at least he’d have an easier pitch targeting someone feeling so cocky and/or safe while the other six where fighting for their Survivor lives by competing in the IC. Once on EI, he made the most of his early opportunity and the early bird got the worm. Now THAT’S how you play the game proactively. Well done, David!

KELLEY – I trust the pizza was good and the beer was refreshing, but no way they were worth $1,000,000. If I had posted a ranking last week, I would have stated in my analysis that Kelley was looking more like the one who could bring home the title this season. She still has a shot, but EI is stacked with some pretty good challenge performers. Did she narc out Lauren because she thought Lauren turned on her? Not sure why she had loose lips so quickly and immediately informed the other bootees about the idols.

EX-STINK-TION ISLAND

Although Dan’s play gave him the top spot this week, not sure it will translate to garnishing the needed votes to win. Quite honestly, I’m not feeling it for any of the remaining eight. So, the upcoming win-back competition could be million-dollar challenge. As stated before, we have solid challenge performers on the island, so whomever survives the Edge of Extinction will earn it.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep.... michel2 04-19-19 1
   RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep.... Aruba 04-20-19 3
       RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep.... michel2 04-20-19 4
           RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep.... Aruba 04-23-19 5
               RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep.... michel2 04-23-19 6
                   RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep.... Aruba 04-24-19 8
 My Take: michel2 04-20-19 2
 I'm a hit and runner too! kingfish 04-24-19 7
   RE: I'm a hit and runner too! Aruba 04-24-19 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel2 3342 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-19, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep. 10"
You've become quite the Hit-and-Run poster, writing something just before the show airs to get the last word in and not returning to the discussion afterwards. I call those cheap shots so I'll get back to our discussions!

Last week, you wrote this about War Dog: "It has been accurately and appropriately stated hundreds of time on these Boards the very, VERY sad by-product of this game is when the pathetically inept challenge debacles are able to punch their tickets to the endgame by being...well...inept challenge debacles. Any meager attempt to try to spin it as intentional game strategy will be silly and futile."

I'll have you know that while he has been dreadful in challenges, War Dog has played a very strong game.

The previous week you snuck in writing first about Lauren's collapse:

"There’s also NO WAY you’ll convince me that you don’t believe medical is RIGHT THERE at each and every challenge, thus the onus is not on the cameramen. That being said, I don’t expect medical to possess any greater mind-reading ability to differentiate between a real situation and just another annoying over-exaggeration."

We all saw and heard Lauren saying she was feeling dizzy and her eyes losing focus. That means the cameraman also saw it. I could tell she needed assistance so why didn't he? Maybe because he prefered filming her falling instead of helping her. The medical team isn't far away, for sure, but I don't know where they were stationed so maybe they weren't close enough to see Lauren having problems.

Then this doozy about Palau:

"Everyone is Palau “decided” to let Tom own the season is another amusing example of your silly nonsense. Tomorrow golf’s first Major of the year (Masters at Augusta National) will begin. At the end of the tournament the “cream will rise to the top” for one golfer who will become Masters Champion. HMMM, I guess the player who walks away wearing the green jacket will be the one the other golfers “decided” to let win. LOL. Nash Theory did NOT apply when the greatest Survivor of all time dominated the season on a tribe stockpiled with leaders and wannabe leaders. And to ignorantly criticize anyone who endures a challenge for 12 hours as someone who “simply buckled” is SOOO reprehensible it is an utter waste to even respond other than saying pitiful Production should cast more players who “simply buckle.”

First, I didn't say that everyone let Tom OWN the season, much less win it, but that they let him lead Koror. That is a fact because it was Tom who decided to only take the flint in the first challenge then he decided to go to the new island then he decided all the votes. Letting someone lead is often a good strategy because leaders tend to become targets but it only works if someone else is ready to take the lead. Wannabee leaders don't count if they don't get followers. In Palau, while first Gregg and later Ian attempted to take the lead, none succeeded so Palau was a season with ONLY ONE LEADER and as the Nash Theory states when there are few leaders, one is likely winning.

As for Ian, when I wrote he buckled I didn't exactly mean during the challenge but afterwards when he PLEADED for Tom to take Katie instead of himself. That was definitely Ian's way of quitting the game.

Now, before I make my post, I'll gladly answer two of your questions. First you wondered: "Not sure why he (Gavin) was left out of the Kelley blindside."

Because, unlike you, these players see Gavin as the turncoat he has proven to be and that he cannot be trusted so they didn't want him informing Kelley of their plan.

You then asked: "Did she (Kelley) narc out Lauren because she thought Lauren turned on her?"

Since Kelley told the people on IoE about Lauren's idol, she didn't "narc out lauren". Those people will not be factors in the game before Lauren's idol becomes useless so she'd have to play it before then.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-20-19, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep. 10"
Simply put, you referring to me as a “cheap shot” artist is nothing short of utter confusion on your part. Unlike other posters on these Boards, I do not have hours every week to dedicate myself to Reality TV. Generally, I do not have the time to go onto this site every day even when we have an enjoyable season. This season being as horrible as it is, my time will be even less spent here. My replies are immediately after I read a post...if that post was made a couple days ago, it’s because I haven’t been in this forum since it was posted up to when I replied. If you’re referring to last week’s ranking thread...my reply posted on April 17th was to your response posted on April 16th.

If anything, I try to make it my personal effort to post my weekly ranking/analysis AS SOON AS I CAN RIGHT AFTER AN EPISODE AIRS. I usually post to allow around FIVE DAYS for replies. How is that a “hit and run??” When replies take the form of continued aimless babble of “beating a dead horse” by applying TRUE “cheap shots” of using spinology to do the impossible task of asking one to have to disprove an unproven and a new episode has aired, it’s time to move on.

I can only hope and wish that Kingfish does not display the same confusion and regard my late reply to his Be the Survivor post as a “cheap shot hit-n-run” when my TRUE and HONEST intention to him was to show him some recognition despite the fact I was around much less than normal last week.

Since you relish beating a dead horse, I am forced to have to REINTERATE what I’ve stated several times already. Case in point...the inability to differentiate seriousness from embellishment. It’s not about where medical and the cameramen were located in proximity to where the IC was being conducted, it’s more that those present could not be expected to know whether Lauren’s plea was serious or one of the many, MANY examples of exaggerated embellishment we are sadly subjected to seeing when we watch Survivor.

Back in Tocantins, when it had a very similar challenge as the one where Lauren collapse, Coach was carrying on like a Confederate soldier having his leg amputated at the Battle of Gettysburg. Jeff responded very appropriated and said to Coach if he really felt his situation was in peril, he could call medical. Coach said he did not want to do that for fear that medical might evacuate him from the game. Coach ended up dropping out and he continued without further incident. No question he was over-exaggerating and embellishing. I’m not going to accuse Lauren of doing the same, but she had the same opportunity as Coach to call for medical. Furthermore, I’m not going to bash medical, Jeff, and the cameramen when SOOOO much nauseating embellishment is allowed in the game.

In Palau when I said “leader wannabes” I’m not talking about natural followers who wanted to be something they ain’t. I was talking about those who are more leaders than followers by nature but were unable to do so due to Westman’s dominance that season. It’s comical I must continue to beat a dead horse with you, but it was a pristine example of the cream rising to the top despite your humorous effort to Nash-tromadus that season. LOL

Please go back and watch the scene you obviously missed when Gavin CLEARLY tried to save Eric during his discussion with Julia. You will also see Julia completely shutting Gavin down and walking away. Gavin tried to keep Eric in the game, but the numbers were already against Eric thanks to Ron’s dumbass “Loved Ones” carrot-on-a-stick approach.

I do not believe the EI inhabitants know for absolute certainty when they will have an opportunity to win their way back into the back, so Kelley informing all of Lauren’s idol was premature. An even if they feel the win-back may occur after she is able to use it...to have someone tell me THEY KNEW someone else had an idol THAT I PERSONALLY DID NOT KNOW ABOUT, it surely would not sit well with ME.

Tomorrow is a religious Holiday in the USA that I observe and on Monday I have a meeting going late into the night. So, I most likely will not be able to venture back into this Forum until Tuesday. Not that anyone might care about my personal itinerary, but I figured I would inform you so I may not be subjected to any further erroneous “hit-n-run cheap shots.”

In all seriousness...Michel, you know I luv ya, MAN!

04-20-19, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep. 10"
I accuse of of hit-and-run because you make a post just before the show and use it to close the discussion not even bothering to look if there was a reply. A true discussion can only be had if it's give and take, not if one side decides it's over.

Everyone knew that Laurel had been unable to eat anything for the last few days so her diziness was something to take seriously. Coach was a farce so using him as comparison cannot be taken seriously. Someone should have called medical but i suspect they wanted her to collapse just for the voyeurs in the audience.

Koror had 1 leader while Ulong had none. That was obvious to anyone who aren't trying to protect Tom's reputation even if it this doesn't diminish it in any way. I rate Tome in the top tier of winners even if he was the only leader of that season. What diminishes his game were the bunch of quitters in that season (Ashlee, Jeff, Kim, Ibe, Janu and Ian) and the absence of tribal swaps but that's not Tom's fault. I see you didn't comment about Ian but he did quit when he asked Tom to take Katie to the end instead of himself.

Whether or not Gavin tried to save Eric for that round, he HAD OBVIOUSLY DECIDED to turn on the Kama Strong group thus making him a turn coat. His next vote against Julia made him totally untrustworthy.

The majority of players on this season are all fans of the show so they have to expect that the second return will be after the F5 vote just like it was in RI and So Pathetic. The first return followed those two precedents so why would the next one differ? They also know that Idols are only good up to F5. So Kelley didn't give anything away. Instead, she made Lauren look more like a strong player to the jury.

04-23-19, 08:02 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep. 10"
Whoever coined the phrase “Ignorance is Bliss,” I’d like to smack ‘em the side of their head. It’s too bad you are unable to comprehend the fact others do not spend the amount of time you do with Reality TV and on these Boards. I do not own a cellphone, not possess any of those other technological gadgets people have joined at their hips or enjoy jerking-off in their hands like joy sticks. I have one desktop computer in the office at home I go to on a periodic basis. Even with that limited usage I submit enough posts WELL before the Wednesday telecast to provide opportunity to offer any NEW insights.

The sad fact of the matter is you continue to harp on the same OLD aimless babble of “Burying Paul” with your silly “script-writing” theories that you have never provided any shred of tangible proof...instead you try to justify your conspiracies with theories to support your own personal agendas by playing the shrewd game of spinology to force others to “disprove an unproven.” Talk about “CHEAP!” No Michel...Ignorance is NOT bliss.

Palau was stockpiled with castaways who were NOT followers by nature. Many were more natural leaders than followers, and expressed their interests on SEVERAL occasions to lead. But one dominant leader did emerge that season because the CREAM ROSE TO THE TOP. Westman was the most successful and victorious leader, but not the only leader by nature that season. Trying to apply any Nash-trodamus mumbo-jumbo further exemplifies your repetitious babble.

It was well apparent to Gavin, and those targeting Eric, that Eric was going to get the boot BEFORE they grabbed their torches and began the walk to TC. We all SAW and HEARD Gavin make his pitch to save Eric. If it was clear the others were still going to vote Eric out, it would have been stubbornness and sheer stupidity on Gavin’s part to stay with that. Despite Gavin’s efforts to try to take the target off his partner, he was forced to face the inevitable and proceeded to act accordingly and smartly. Julia is on EI because she was unable to control her own piehole...Period.

In Thailand everyone thought they were merging. PSYCH...no merge at all. In H vs H vs H the F4 were prepared for a FTC with the certain finalists. PSYCH...a fire-building tie-breaker where the winner earns a spot in the Finals. You can “superfan” it all you want, and the win-back may very well occur at F5, but it is no guarantee. Yet, my other concern is Kelley playing that grammar school game that’s played in the schoolyard during recess called, “I know a secret that you don’t.” If I’m a Non-Kama who wins my way back into the game, I’m a whole lot less hesitant now to play the remainder of the game with Lauren...a player who clearly wanted to play with Kelley instead but apparently not with me with whom she did NOT share her idol find that I am now privy to thanks to Kelley informing me on EI.

I guess you were never taught the lesson of the “Boy who cried Wolf.” I’m not teaching it now...you can search it on the internet and teach yourself. And it’s right on cue you selectively pick and choose which examples you decide are “serious” based on how they serve your own personal purpose, and dismiss other examples (i.e. Coach in Tocantins) because they accurately support someone else’s point of view.

In any event, Coach is one of the many, MANY, MANY annoying examples of embellishment where obnoxious over-exaggeration is allowed. One of the reasons embellishment became appropriately penalized in the NHL is because linesmen were not mind-readers and were unable to determine whether a “player in distress” was a serious injury or an obnoxious acting job...consequently, “crying wolf” was disrupting the game and potentially putting players at risk.
Survivor should take notice.

Your reply cites the castaways as “Superfans.” Well, Superfans all know if their situation is at risk or in danger THEY CAN CALL MEDICAL AT ANY TIME. Lauren chose not to...she decided to tough it out as most intercollegiate athletes would. Medical and cameramen are no better mind-readers than NHL linesmen were before the NHL took the appropriate action to minimize that ridiculous behavior.

On the topic of hockey, the second period of the Boston/Toronto game should be starting now, so I’m done here for the evening. I hope to get home in time tomorrow to check the Forum before Episode 11. If not, I guess ignorance will come to the forefront and I’ll have to, once again, entertain erroneous accusations of being referred to as a “cheap shot” artist. *SNORT*

04-23-19, 09:51 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep. 10"
You missed it because it was in answer to one of your last-minute post but we had an example of how Survivor editors script the show a few episodes ago. On the show, we heard Kelley saying: "When I saw Devens coming back that was the last thing I wanted to see."
I pointed out it made no sense because Devens had left much more amicably than Chris for example. In fact, that sentence was fabricated because in a secret scene we heard precisely what Kelley said: "When I saw Reem, Keith, Chris and Devens coming back, that was the last thing I wanted to see because I had a hand in voting all of them out." See the difference and how easy it is to create that difference? Like I pointed, editors can easily turn the sentence: "I don't like you" into: "I / cut / like you."

Palau is part of history and the Survivor Historians have concluded definitely that it was a season with only 1 leader. That story is done no matter how you try to spin wannabee leaders. In Survivor you are either a leader or you are not. And it's easy to tell the leaders in Survivor because they are the ones that MAKE THE VOTING DECISIONS. ULONG ALWAYS went to TC with people voting democratically. Koror always followed Tom's lead.

Gavin first turned his back on BOTH Eric and Ron. Sure, he would have prefered going after Ron first but, at that time, he was going after BOTH. That's a turn coat. Then he did the same with Julia and now, as you just saw last week, the other players don't trust him enough to inform him of their plan.

People suffering from heat stroke or dehydration are too groggy to realize what is really happenning. To others, Lauren's malaise was evident yet no one intervened. I think it was to satisfy the voyeurs in the audience.

04-24-19, 07:14 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Survivor 38 Player Rankings Ep. 10"
Just got home a little over ½ hour ago. Not that I should feel obligated to document my itinerary despite some false accusations...

I (and every diehard Beatle fan) would like to thank you for the trip down memory lane. Paul McCartney is dead...he really, REALLY is dead. The Sir Paul McCartney we see today is an imposter. It has to be because if you decipher the album soundtracks (the same way you are humorously deciphering the Survivor footage) you’ll hear John Lennon saying, “Paul is a Dead Man...Miss him...Miss him,” and “Turn me on Dead Man.”

Ok, let’s now get down to logic and commonsense. Paul is NOT dead despite what we HEARD on those deciphered sound bits and I won’t even get into ALL the clues on the album covers to suggest that silly conspiracy...no more than the “evidence” you are dicing, chopping up, and deciphering to support your own unproven Survivor conspiracies.

You want me to embrace your spinology and deciphering, yet you refuse to acknowledge the ACTUALITY I present to you with Gavin clearly trying to take the target off his partner...and it did not require any dicing, splicing, or deciphering on my part. In order to save Eric, I had no issue with Gavin moving the target to the person (Ron) who originated the asinine “Loved Ones” carrot-on-a-stick idea that did Eric in as well as reversed the Kama majority merge advantage. That dumbass Ron deserved to take the blame and he should have been the one booted at the TC.

HMMMM, I can vividly recall personally forwarding you a historical account by a Survivor “Historian” blasting the Samoa Jury for its bitterness and sore-losing when gifting the $1,000,000 to Natalie White in lieu of awarding the title to the castaway who truly owned that season. I also recall how you dismissed THAT historian for personal reasons. Yet, now you reference a “historian” for Palau further exemplifying your desire to selectively pick and choose which “historian” you want to believe to serve your own personal beliefs.

Golf historians will look back at the 2019 Masters and say Tiger Woods was the most successful and victorious World Class golfer in the tournament. Only a historian with brains up its backend would say he was the ONLY World Class golfer in the field. To that point, a Survivor “historian” can accurately say Westman was the most successful leader when he won Palau, but only those with brains in their...well you know where...would contend he was the ONLY natural leader that season.

Lauren could have called for Medical at any time during the IC leading up to that critical point before she passed out. Medically an individual will become disoriented when suffering an appendicitis attack as well. That’s what happen to Colton in One World...or did it??? We came to find out it was a melodramatic farce...another “Boy who cried Wolf.” And yet, ANOTHER example of how pathetic embellishment tolerated in the game should be stopped.

Got to love these Game 7s in the Stanley Cup playoffs!
To be continued on the Ep. 11 threads...

04-20-19, 03:16 PM (EST)
2. "My Take:"
There are bigger threats out there

Previously on Survivor, did anything happen? Maybe not...

Vata Night 23

David had the opening interview, telling us that he was happy they played the idol even if he didn’t need it that time.

He’ll soon regret not having it anymore..

War Dog’s interview: “Aurora, she kept spewing on and on; diarrhea of the mouth. She essentially put everybody’s cards on the table and it literally was a perfect storm of something has got to give and, in this case, it was Julia’s torch: Gone!” After telling Ron that he wanted a six person alliance that would also include Kelley, Lauren, Julie and Gavin, War Dog’s interview went on: “In the old Manu-Lesu, I was the pilot on all the votes but since the merge I was a passenger on the plane. I was like, I hate this: The War Dog is being told what to do. But now, the original Kama has fractured and I’m going to take advantage of it. I told them my idea and they all loved it and now they want Aurora out next. It’s amazing how these people all imploded.”

After a few quiet episodes War Dog came back to full strength in this double TC episode. He is indeed back in charge and he’s very dangerous to everyone and anyone. If there is a warning sign about his chances then it’s his directness in making the decisions. If we recall what he said in one of his first interviews of the season he wanted to make the decisions but wanted to make others think it was also their decisions. Will it come back to bite him in the end?

I noted that both David and War Dog talked of Aurora’s inability to stay quiet, saying she was the primary reason for all the chaos at TC. We saw that Julia was equally responsible but all the blame is thrown on Aurora so that makes me wonder if it’s to explain why, as a Final three finalist, she won’t get any votes. She is the biggest goat out there right now.

Aurora gave us her recap of the previous vote: “Somehow, it all went to hell. I literally put my foot in my mouth and I ruined possibly my game. Now, everyone is going off on walks but me. Growing up in the Foster care system, I did not have friends so I ’m good being alone. I’m just trying to see what tomorrow brings. I’m going to play, I’m not giving up. Problem is I don’t know if I have a tomorrow.”

If Aurora is being edited as a losing finalist the editors are still giving her a chance to gain the viewers’ sympathy. On a side note, her talk about seeing what tomorrow brings and wondering is she even has a tomorrow is funny considering the editors were about to skip that tomorrow, jumping from Night 23 directly to Day 25 and the Immunity challenge. I wonder if there was a reward challenge on Day 24 that was edited out because it was insignificant.

The Immunity Challenge

Lauren, Kelley, Ron and Victoria chose pizza over a chance at immunity.

I certainly can understand Lauren’s choice, even Kelley and Ron’s but Victoria’s decision is questionable. If you’re curious Lauren and Kelley picked bottles with red caps which, I think were the root beers. I guess they’re not party girls...

War Dog was distracted by a butterfly, making him drop the urn.
It came down to a showdown between David and Aurora and she proved to be stronger.

Julie gave us the post-game interview: “I am not thrilled that Aurora won immunity. I really, really wanted her to go home tonight and now the game has changed so much I don’t know what I’m going to do at this point.”

Back in camp, Kelley had the first confessional saying that Aurora winning immunity was frustrating but that they had other options.

During their powwow, Lauren suggested they make a group decision so, immediately War Dog raised David’s name, saying it was a good time for a sneak attack. The group agreed.

The quickness of the agreement should have warned Kelley that Returning Players were an endangered species.

Gavin’s interview: “I wanted David out at the last tribal Council because he’s a returning player and a huge strategic threat. If we don’t eliminate him now he’s going to waltz his way to the end.”

War Dog’s confessional: “The plan we laid out to take out my nemesis in this game, David Wright, happens tonight. After that, I can do whatever I want but I never really worked with Ron and Julie on any vote and in a season in which we had five major blindsides you can never say oh! yeah! I’m safe tonight.”

It’s interesting that we only hear now that War Dog considered David as his nemesis. Giving him that label implies that War Dog had been thinking of voting him out earlier so maybe the story line could have been about a fixation he had on the returning player much like David’s fixation on Kelley. Instead, we only hear War Dog seriously considering eliminating David just a few hours (minutes for us) before it was going to happen. It paints War Dog as a man of immediate action, a real Survivor strategist. Knowing that War Dog would decide to eliminate Kelley next puts a lot of significance in the sentence “after that, I can do whatever I want”. War Dog used the vote against David as a test of Ron and Julie’s loyalty. Having found another loyal ally in Ron, War Dog was ready to ditch his original alliance and, like the “Good General” in “The Art of War” act quickly and unpredictably. He is the pilot of this ship but can he avoid the pitfalls along the way?

Knowing he would be a target, David talked to Devens about rallying Victoria, Aurora, Ron and Julie. His plan was to get out War Dog.

Only at the eleventh hour did David stop fixating on Kelley and recognized the real threat to his existence.

Victoria’s interview on Devens proposal which she told him was her ideal scenario: “At this point, I feel like I’m on the bottom so definitely, if I can get out of that role, I’m going to and this sounds like a plan that could work.”

With Victoria ultimately voting against David, it appears that she was content that she was completely on the bottom and played the old “anyone but me” tactic. Not the dumbest move but it certainly keeps her in the passenger seat.

Aurora’s interview: “It’s absolutely true that the Lesu 3 are controlling the game and they are not talking to me so even though I never thought I would be working with Devens and David I don’t see any other options right now.”

Julie was the next to talk with Devens and David who assured her they had the numbers to eliminate War Dog if she and Ron came on board.

Julie’s reaction: “I’m very nervous; Ron and I formed a six person alliance with the Lesu 3 which I don’t know if I’m a hundred percent committed to right now. War Dog’s dictating who is going home tonight. That doesn’t sit well with me and now I’m wondering if Ron and I are doing the right thing.”

Well, she'll be doing the “Wright” thing!

Presented with their two options, Ron told Julie that he felt good with War Dog, Lauren and Kelley.

Ron’s interview: “Two days ago, I was in trouble but now I’m in the middle of two alliances and both are trying to gain my favor. On one hand, I think War Dog and this alliance of six could work but the problem is that I think War Dog could win it if he gets to the Final Three; he’s playing a really good game but at the same time, I don’t trust David. He’s sneaky so I don’t know if I want to get in bed with David or War Dog. Julie is my ride-or-die and we have the power tonight. I wish I could have a little time to let it marinate but we are going to have to make a decision quickly.”

It seems that Ron had enough time to make his decision and let it be known not only to his allies but also to Victoria and Aurora. Who else could get the two girls to vote against David? Ron and maybe Julie, talked to those two to let them know where the numbers stood.

Julie’s next confessional: “Devens and David’s pitch makes sense to me but Ron’s unsure. Together, we can flip this game on its head but we have to be on the same page. This could be our million dollar decision and no matter what happens I’m ready to expect fireworks tonight.”

It's possible that the million dollar decision went in War Dog’s favor.

Tribal Council

David talked about the insanity of the last TC.
Devens who, like Ron, decided to wear a tie to the council, said it was all about loyalty and that he realized it after backstabbing Chris.
Julie’s claim that she was now flying her own little plane drew a negative reaction from Julia on the jury bench.
War Dog argued that he and his allies had proven their loyalty.
Devens saw that as proof that they couldn’t be broken which Kelley countered by saying he didn’t know the dynamics within the alliance.

We can say that she didn’t either!

Kelley added that they voted together because they had to but it may not always be that way.

I’d say she was right!

Devens claimed that the Lesu 3 would go to the end together and the others weren’t doing a thing to stop them.

One of the Lesu 3 would soon decide otherwise so the others didn’t need to do a thing, did they?

Ron said he didn’t like the hard sales pitch so they would be going with the people who treated them the best.
When David said he was loyal, Lauren shot him down by reminding him of his vote against her. War Dog added that he was a great talker who was squirming from one person to the other and that was why he had to go.
David pleaded for the hard vote which was to give everyone a better shot at winning the game.
Kelley said that he was saying what everyone says when they are on the bottom but that she felt confident the group would stay together.

It was time to vote.

No one played idols.

Devens and David voted for War Dog.
Everyone else vote for David.

Edge of Extinction Day 26

Joe had messages in bottles for everyone. It led them on a wild chase to find the advantage to give to a player in the game.

Is it a coincidence that David found it? Devens, Jeff’s obvious favorite, was in big trouble after that last TC and maybe he would have received that advantage from most of the islanders but with David finding it, production had control of the decision.

Day 27 The Immunity Challenge

Devens' advantage meant he’d only have to land four balls instead of five.

It was a big advantage considering no one got more than 3 balls to land. War Dog, Lauren, Kelley, Victoria, Gavin and Julie didn’t appear to get one!

Once more, Julie gave us the post-challenge reaction and it was once more about Aurora but it was the reverse of her previous one: “I always thought that Aurora was dangerous because not only is she a challenge beast but she’s also somebody that people might want to bring to the end. Last time, she won immunity and we couldn’t vote her out but I am praying that tonight is our chance.”

Well, Julie is right. In fact, there’s only one parking place for the little plane carrying the goat and that place is in dispute between Aurora and Julie.

Vata Day 27

Devens in confessional: “In the last Tribal Council, I lose my closest ally in the game; people are getting blindsided left and right, tribal has been live so everyone really wants this baby including me and I’m glad I have it.”

In the group huddle, the alliance of six agreed that it had to be Aurora.

War Dog’s interview: “I think people in position of power they want an easy vote and this one seems like the easiest vote: The group of six targets on Aurora but she has no ties in this game. There are bigger threats out there so I think it’s time to make a move on the last returning player and it’s Kelley Wentworth. To make a move like this against someone who knows me well, someone who has strategized with me for 27 days in this game; you got to be stealth. So, this morning, I had 30 second conversations with Aurora, Devens and Victoria.”

To underline War Dog’s skills at pulling the blindside, this confessional was partly heard in voice-over while we saw him sitting right next to an oblivious Kelley. We then had some flashback scenes showing those morning conversations making us witness War Dog’s quick and efficient actions.

When Devens asked if War Dog had the numbers, he answered that they had Ron and it was all they needed.

In essence, War Dog kept his whole alliance except for Ron in the dark about his plan. It was wise considering the need for stealth but he’ll have to worry about their reactions both in the game and if they become his jurors.

War Dog’s interview continued: “Logically, I knew they would work with me because it was in their best interest. They are on the bottom right now but my plan still requires one major convincing.”

In his push to convince Ron, War Dog pointed out that every season with a returning player saw one of them sitting at the end so they couldn’t let that happen.

Ron’s interview: “I can’t believe what I’m hearing right now; War Dog is like: “You know, I think it’s Kelley! We got to do it today; we got to get her out.” He is so unpredictable and that scares me. Kelley is definitely the biggest threat of anyone left in this game but if anyone goes home tonight but Aurora, Julie is going to be furious. So I have to be careful about that decision.”

In interview, Kelley reminded us that she has always been the underdog so she was enjoying the calm that comes from being in a majority alliance even if she realized it would take one person.

Especially one person who has a little bit of Tony in him!

Aurora’s confessional: “Tonight, either I’m going to be blindsided because yet again I’ve been told a pointless lie or Kelley’s going home. But I was given an extra vote from someone on the Edge of Extinction and could I maybe use that to try and gather favor? Absolutely.”

She gave Ron her extra vote, wishing for him to give it back either after the vote or when she comes back into the game.

Ron’s interview: “Right before we leave for Tribal, Aurora gives me her extra vote and instantly my mind goes to a dark place: I can vote her out if I write down her name. If she’s gone, I can keep this vote for myself. So tonight, I have two options: I can work with my original alliance to vote out Aurora or I can go work with War Dog and the three who are on the outs to vote out Kelley Wentworth. I love being in the middle and being the decision-maker but I got quite a dilemma. I want to make sure that I make the right call because it could be the difference between losing and or winning a million dollars.”

Tribal Council

Devens said that blindsides come when you start feeling the game is too easy.
Victoria said she hadn’t been involved in many conversations so it left her and Aurora as clear options.
Aurora pointed out that there were other options.
Ron explained that the taste of a blindside can get addictive and entice people into making moves that aren’t in their best interest.
Jeff asked Kelley if the desire of making blindsides could cloud the game.

That sounds a little hypocritical coming from a host who has often pushed for blindsides since they are often better for ratings than they are for the perpetrator’s game. One could say that it’s not exactly the taste of blindside that clouds the game but production’s craving for it.

Kelley said that blindsides aren’t always the right decisions.

War Dog’s outcome in this game will determine the value of this one.

War Dog agreed that David’s elimination was not a blindside but was still the right decision and he was hoping for more like that.
Victoria pointed out it was time to look at who was going to be there at the end with you.
Kelley said thinking too far ahead was tricky because you had to make sure you can get there first.
Making a case for his favorite, Jeff pointed out that there has only been one advantage played in the game and one idol played and they were both done by Devens.
Devens thanked his guardian angel David and added that the people were starting to think that all idols were on the Island of Extinction.
Ron went against Jeff’s idea of getting more people on his side because it makes you look suspicious.
Julie agreed it was time to back off.

It was time to vote.

Once again, no idols were played.

Kelley, Lauren, Gavin and Julie voted for Aurora.

War Dog, Devens, Aurora, Victoria... and Ron voted for Kelley.

She left saying there was a lot of lying going on. Lauren whispered “wow. while, from the jury side, Aubry recognized the “executioner” saying “Holy ___, War Dog”
When Lauren turned to War Dog he only turned his palms up suggesting he couldn’t offer her more.
David was also impressed by the move.

The Story

The editors really tricked me last week when it seemed that the story was going in the direction of Kelley outlasting all the threats and winning the title of Sole Survivor. With this new evidence, we realize the beauty of the hidden story: For 9 weeks we constantly heard David Wright targeting Kelley so when he was eliminated it could have signaled clear sailing for the last remaining player but instead we are being shown that War Dog was able to do on his very first attempt something that all the others failed to do which was to blindside Kelley. In itself it was quite a feat considering that, in her two previous appearances, she had never been blindsided. Sure she had been voted out but she had seen it coming both times and she also had successfully played two idols to save herself. Now, she had another idol for protection.

So, is the story about this new player brilliantly outwitting the last two remaining veterans? Since I had previously eliminated everyone else, it should be but two other castaways have emerged as possible Sole Survivor so let,s look at these characters to see where we stand.

The Characters

The old tenants of the Island of Extinction

Reem, Julia, David, Aubry, Chris, Eric, Joe,: One of these previously eliminated players could make it back in the game but they’ve received such generic edits that it’s impossible to guess which it will be. Joe is an obvious favorite to win any type of challenge while Aubry has been practicing but both have been practically ignored in most episodes. The only two that stand out a bit over the others are Eric and Chris so I’d have to go with one of them. Can eother win? Both would receive a lot of sympathy from their fellow eliminated players so they’d have to be eliminated as soon as possible but they’ll have the Final 4 Fire Challenge as safety net. I’m sure production would be happy seeing their twist delivering a winner so we can’t disregard these Outcasts.

The New Residents:

David: The hunt for the advantage gave him the sense of still being in the game but his challenge skills have always been poor so I don’t see David returning to the real game.

Kelley: She has never won that crucial challenge, the one where it is for all the marbles and she will be facing fierce competition so it seems her torch snuffing was final.

The Goats – One of these two Players will probably get chosen to sit in the Final 3 but they’ll serve only as place holder:

Aurora: She didn’t know if she’d have a tomorrow but, right when she was at her lowest, the editors gave us a peek into her personal life. It was meant to draw viewer sympathy so it wasn’t accidental. Because of that I wouldn’t be surprised to see her coasting to the end. This vote was a test and she cooperated nicely, obeying to War Dog’s order. That should gain her third place money. She may have gained a little sympathy from the viewers but nothing to impress the jury.

Julie: We have often seen emotional wrecks making it to the Finals. Julie would definitely fit that archetype but the negativity we heard her expressing towards Aurora makes me think she won’t outlast her rival. Even her “ride-or-die” considered her too unstable to inform of the last vote so a total meltdown is to be expected.

The Endangered Species

Gavin: Gavin showed his disloyalty when he voted against his two closest allies in back-to-back Tribal Council so War Dog wasn’t going to trust this turn coat with his big move against Kelley. It’s funny to consider how quickly he went from two different majority alliances only to wind up at the very bottom of the group. Of course, he could still reverse the course of the game because alliances built on deceit aren’t the strongest but his own lack of loyalty should block his attempts.

Victoria: Like Aurora, Victoria quietly marched to War Dog’s orders so, on the surface, we should consider she has an equal shot at making it to the end but Victoria was just a necessary vote. For War Dog, it was a case of want and need. He wanted Aurora because she had no other ties while he needed Victoria for this vote and maybe this vote only. She has more connections than Aurora and a much more dangerous sense of the game making her too troublesome to keep.

Lauren: I’ll be more attentive to Lauren’s reaction from this vote than I have been to anything on this show for the last ten, fifteen seasons. Very few betrayals have been so vicious, cut so deeply. These three had gone to nine Tribal Councils and had voted together each time has they pointed out so how will Lauren react to this new situation? Maybe she’ll understand that War Dog wasn’t targeting her so it would help her chances considerably to forgive and forget but will she? If she doesn’t then she’ll have to play that idol sooner than she wants.

Unfortunately, this season suffers from an enormous lack of continuity mainly caused by the “Edge of Extinction” footage so we’ll probably not even hear from Lauren. I want to episode to start with the aftermath of this vote and her reaction in particular but we’ll either start with Kelley and the group that are out of the game or be sent immediately to the next challenge. Both are boring stuff.

The Contenders - It’s remarkable how quickly things can change in this game. As proof, these two were on the bottom on Day 25 but back in contention on Day 27

Devens: Devens felt he needed that immunity necklace but did he really? If he had been exposed then the vote would have been that much easier in appearance and, therefore it would have been easier to blindside Kelley. For someone who pledged he’d never work with War Dog again he certainly jumped at the opportunity. A bigger, maybe better, move was available: Turning the vote against the big schemer. It would have been difficult to convince Kelley of War Dog’s betrayal but if he had succeeded then he’d be the main pilot of the game instead of being in the passenger seat. But Devens doesn’t really need to have his hands on the wheel because he’s lived through the hell of Extinction Island and has been a vigorous participant in every Tribal Council he’s attended. Most jurors would give him their vote if he makes it to the Final 3.

Ron: At the start of the previous episode Ron was sure he’d be the next to go but then four different alliances came into play (First it was the reformed Kama, then the group of 7 that rallied against Julia, next we had War Dog’s alliance of six that included his Lesu allies and finally the rag tag group of outcasts that War Dog assembled to eliminate Kelley) and Ron was the only common denominator in all 4! Quite an achievement and while he was a passenger in all four groups he can certainly claim to have navigated his little plane through extremely difficult turbulence. That should merit tremendous support from the jury and Ron has been a very sympathetic figure from the start. I feel it would be a huge mistake to take him to the end.

The Top Dog:

War Dog: It is definitely his game. We’ve seen winners who were in the minority at the merger but few controlled the game as well as War Dog has done. Yul and Tony come to mind and we could even consider Hantz whose work helped Natalie’s game but all greatly benefitted from idols even super idols in the cases of Yul and Tony. War Dog has done it the old fashion way, by scheming and moving from one alliance to the next. Will War Dog be able to win the jury vote? We know that Aubry and David were very impressed with his latest move. However, will his gruff demeanor cost him the ultimate prize? Hantz was such a jerk to the people he eliminated that he didn’t stand a chance while War Dog has shown more respect to his victims but will it make a difference? That is the main question left unanswered.

kingfish 20555 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-24-19, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "I'm a hit and runner too!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-19 AT 03:31 PM (EST)

If anyone is guilty of being a hit and run poster, it is I. So it seems that we are a two to one majority. Easy to understand why those not in this special club is envious.

Good point about Lauren. For selfish reasons I hope she doesn't become the next target, but she isn't playing a smart game so far. But two HI's and maybe a IC win or two could very well make up for all of that, and with a lot of jury members from her alliances enmity directed at others, she could wind up in F2 or F3.

I think that having the time on the boat ride to EI to stew about her just having been booted might have been what pushed Kelly to blurt out Lauren's secret. I think it would have been more helpful to wait until after her EI challenge in case she won. And if she didn't and still felt vindictive, she could blurt it out after she lost.

And you got to give Vic credit for truth stating in her confessions. She said she was putting self preservation over honesty and everything else.

04-24-19, 07:21 PM (EST)
9. "RE: I'm a hit and runner too!"
Hey Kingfish,

Don't be unfairly hard on yourself. I know you and I post when we can. Actually, the fact that I’m even posting in a season with returnees is a “bonus.” Especially with a season that’s sucking as poorly as this one. I figured because only four returnees were coming back, I thought I’d give this season a go...BAD decision. Going further I will no longer watch a season with ANY returnees, but I may as well ride this one out...even if it’s competing with the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

For the record, I have no idea if Lauren will have two HIIs. I stated that she has an excellent chance to get that second one only because she’s the only one who knows Kelley was booted without using hers. You make a very good point what may have caused Kelley to narc out Lauren and her idol.

Another thought came to mind about Kelley spilling the beans is it now may provide an out for your Warthdog. As it stands now, he simply turned on Kelley and hung her out to dry, but if he comes to find out Kelley had an idol SHE DID NOT SHARE WITH HIM, Dan now has an out should he have to answer to Kelley for turning on her. The bonehead could very simply and easily rebut by saying “You never shared your idol find (that you DID share with Lauren) with me...so that certainly tells me you had no intention to partner with me to the end!” Game...Set...and Match...to the Dog!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •