The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Playing 2 Idols"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel2 3125 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-28-18, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Playing 2 Idols"
What would have happened if Dan still had his two idols at the last Tribal Council? Would he have been able to play his second idol after Jeff said that his idol had been nullified? Granted, the urn had been opened but the votes hadn't been read so if it would have been me, I would have presented that second idol immediately.

The problem is that the players probably didn't know if it was allowed and, most importantly, I think even Jeff wouldn't have known what to do. Rules aren't really set up in this game.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Playing 2 Idols Aruba 11-29-18 1
   RE: Playing 2 Idols michel2 11-29-18 2
       RE: Playing 2 Idols Chez 11-30-18 3
           RE: Playing 2 Idols michel2 11-30-18 4
               RE: Playing 2 Idols Chez 11-30-18 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Aruba 3033 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-18, 10:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Playing 2 Idols"
I was thinking about the same thing.
Carl had to play the Nullifier BEFORE any potential idol was played at TC. And the Nullifier bore an actual name “DAN.” That would lead me to believe that Dan simply was unable to save himself with an idol whether he had one or a boatload.

Had Carl been able to use the Nullifier to negate an idol AFTER it was played and was not required to write a name on it, then I would say Dan could have played a second idol if he had one last night to save himself.

Whereas viewers are not privy to every condition of every rule, I’m sure Jeff would have known what to do had Dan played a second idol that I think would have been nullified as well.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

11-29-18, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Playing 2 Idols"
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-18 AT 09:01 AM (EST)

Carl's nullifier clearly said that it could cancel ONE idol so if Dan had been allowed to play a second idol, the nullifier was done and couldn't be used for the second one. The only question is about the urn having been opened which could signify that the time for playing an idol was over. I know for sure that if Dan had been allowed to play a second idol it couldn't have been nullified

And leave it to you to have full faith in a guy even if he has made egregious mistakes in the past and even admitted not knowing what to do on the spot at times. Some TCs had to be put on hold for hours while Jiffy consulted with the rest of the staff.

Chez 692 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-30-18, 01:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Playing 2 Idols"
Jeff did clarify this in an interview with EW.

https://ew.com/tv/2018/11/27/survivor-david-vs-goliath-jeff-probst-idol-nullifier/

(Sorry I forget how to make this an actual link.)

"...we reached out to Probst to get the final word. So, Jeff, if Dan still had his second idol, could he have played it after the first one was nullified and still been safe?

“You are correct, sir!” confirms Probst. “The Nullifier blocks the use of one specific idol played for one specific person. If Dan had a second idol, he could have played it, and barring another Nullifier with his name on it, he would have been safe."

11-30-18, 09:06 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Playing 2 Idols"
Thank you, Chez. That answers that.

For the link, if you notice there is an "s" that pops up after "http" when you do a copy/paste. Just erase the s and you have the link.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/11/27/survivor-david-vs-goliath-jeff-probst-idol-nullifier/

Chez 692 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-30-18, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Playing 2 Idols"
Thank you, Michel, for that hint on pasting links! And thank you for all your inputs and commentaries.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •