The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor 37 Player Rankings Ep. 6"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 3029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-03-18, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor 37 Player Rankings Ep. 6"
That fish cyclone to open the episode was awesome. Brings us back to when the culture and nature of the location was incorporated in almost every episode.

1) MIKE – Second time in as many weeks Mike was responsible for eliminating a casting debacle. Nick made it blatantly clear to not only Angelina in person but ALSO in his confessional he wanted Angelina out. Little doubt in my mind it was Mike most instrumental for Nick’s flip. He enters the merge with not much to answer for.

2) CHRISTIAN – I give him credit for proactively trying to catch fish...even if he did make spear fishing should like proving Einstein’s Theory of Relativity. He’s solid with his Bros and will have no issues with his former Davids, making Angelina’s preview scene a quintessential misdirection.

3) LADY CENTAUR – The upper body of a woman; the lower body of a horse...Angelina of course. Her scrambling was the focal point of this episode, so wanted to place her higher, but her voting ploy to get Natalie’s jacket backfired badly. She also struck out with Nick and Lyrsa and I believe it was more game situation than the Lady Centaur herself that made Mike her Savior. In any event, she’s playing the game so kudos for that.

4) KARA – She’s really done everything she needed to so this season. From cooling off the showmance with Dan early on, to keeping her head over the Queen Bee blindside, and allowing the Elizabeth-Davie-Carl hissy fit to fester. Not that it was needed, but still, nice effort on the puzzle with Alec.

5) ALEC – We’ll see if Alec plays it smart if questioned about the Bossy Natalia boot. He just needs to disclose how she flipped from alliance partner to “my way or the highway.” And that’s if we have a clear David/Goliath faction I’m not completed sold on. Despite his poor performance with the ring toss, he’ll still be regarded a challenge threat that always results in an immediate post-merge target.

6) JOHN – It would serve him well to keep Alec in the game to keep the primary target off his impressive frame. He has enough connections to get through the early merge, but unless he can run the IC table, I do not see him as Finals material.

7) NICK – If he really wanted Davids to go into the merge with a 7-6 advantage he could have stuck to his guns with Lyrsa and I do not see Mike forcing a tie with a 50% chance of drawing the wrong stone. Although as stated earlier, I do not see the merge as a David vs. Goliath. He had to be fairly confident about a merge, because had he gone back to TC, he was toast.

8) DAN – His proactive play rewarded with two idol finds, and his MVP effort in the RC are notable, but when the merge is official, he’ll be to Kara what Natalia was hoping Alec would have been to her.

9) DAVIE – If Elizabeth wants to get all cranky over her bad back, let her. Getting into a heated argument with her did him no favors. If he carries this feud into the merge, he’ll need his HII more sooner than later.

10) ELIZABETH – Bad episode for her. Had Vuku lost the IC she did not participate in, her torch gets snuffed. When she gets to the merge, she’ll she her closest ally (Lyrsa) gone. Will be an uphill battle for the cowgirl.

11) GABBY – Good use of the buff to pin back her Gollum ears. Not sure how many are familiar with a mythical creature called the Squonk. The Squonk cries endlessly creating a puddle of tear water to elude from predators. I present to you this season’s Squonk. How sad; how pathetic. And how fortunate to escape TC, when she had absolutely nothing to do with the win.

12) ALISON – The most recent castaway to drown in the Squonk’s puddle. Outside of that, Alison brings nothing to the table.

13) CARL – And what did Carl bring to the table this episode? The Elizabeth/Davie spat interrupted his sleep. Please be gone quickly.

BOOTED

LYRCA – One of the better parting word segments I’ve heard in a while. The Natalie reference was hilarious and spot on. Too bad Natalie will have to sit between Lyrsa and Natalia...it will prevent Lyrsa from leaning over and give sore loser Natalia some advice on better sportsmanship.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor 37 Player Rankings Ep.... michel2 11-03-18 1
   RE: Survivor 37 Player Rankings Ep.... Aruba 11-06-18 2
       RE: Survivor 37 Player Rankings Ep.... michel2 11-06-18 3
           RE: Survivor 37 Player Rankings Ep.... Aruba 11-07-18 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel2 3075 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-18, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor 37 Player Rankings Ep. 6"
Jeff said the vote was about who wanted to stay together but I think it was more about the future connections. We’ve heard numerous players in this game saying that it’s about whom they can trust but, for me, it is much more important to be with people that trusts me. You should trust no one so being with someone like Angelina isn’t that dangerous if you can fool her into thinking she can trust you. Lyrsa is someone that would have gone with the flow even if that flow turned against Nick. Also, she would have gone off everyone’s radar after the merger. Angelina will put herself on that radar because of her desire to control of the game. If she trusts you, she will give you the information you need to topple her.

The Davids have always been in danger and the latest vote puts them in the minority at the merger. That continues the season’s theme. With Mike saying that voting out Angelina could lead to annihilation of the Goliaths, we can infer that Lyrsa’s elimination should lead to the fall of David. However, it seems that the underdogs are much more likely to stick together and to even pull in a Goliath or two. I still think the winner comes from the original tribe of Underdogs.

Centaur? I think not. Angelina is quite lovely here:

But I'm even more shocked by your placement of Gabby which indicates you do not see the beauty of her game up to now.

Yes, I know about the Squonk, do you know the song that Genesis made about it?

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=genesis+squonk&&view=detail&mid=88A09BF7F849210B5B3988A09BF7F849210B5B39&&FORM=VDRVRV

Still doing a countdown from worst to best.

13- Elizabeth: In order to have a chance of winning, Elizabeth needed a strong social game. While she started off well, her social interactions have gone downhill very quickly. We can understand her pain but throwing a tantrum, calling your allies stupid and nearly pushing one in the fire while dragging lumber around isn’t going to earn her points. I’m thinking that as soon as the majority alliance takes over and her vote isn’t needed, they’ll vote her out with someone saying: “You wanted a comfy bed, you’ll have one.”

12- Alec: Mike expressed all the hurdles facing someone who flipped on his original tribe while Alec seems totally unaware of them. It certainly didn’t help his case when he blew the reward for his tribe. It seems his only chance would be to continue flipping and that will soon turn him into the new Kass.

How can anyone place Alec fifth in an episode where he did nothing good and, in fact, lost the reward? Strange but then he is a strong guy so he gets a pass from Aruba. And by the way, the 8-5 merger advantage for the guys once more denotes the advantage they have pre-merge so it's only fair that the very attribute, their strength, that makes them valuable before the merger hurts tham after.

11- Carl: He has more targets than allies and that is never good in this game.

10- Dan: Here is another person counting on people he can trust instead of working on being trusted by everyone else. Tiva’s winning streak put him in a state of confidence; nothing could go wrong. Now he’ll probably figure that with this five and Kara, he’ll easily make the Final 6 but the others aren’t there to see him succeed. When Gabby and Alison talk to Christian about eliminating Dan, one brochacho will quickly show the other the exit.

9- Davie: Winning challenges can often accomplish two things, one positive, and one negative: It can build team unity but it can also satiate the combatant. If you win challenges you avoid Tribal Council so you never really put your alliance to the test. A member of a winning tribe should work to strengthen team unity, make sure the five feel so good together that they will stick together through thick or thin. No one did that better than Tom in Palau and Kim in One World. Davie was in a position to do that with this group but instead he relaxed and didn’t really worry that Vuku wasn’t an alliance, let alone a team.

8- Allison: Being extraordinarily empathetic is terrific when practicing medicine but in Survivor it can cost you the million. Way back when Survivor traveled to Thailand, we saw that fake empathy works much better when the cold-hearted Brian won it all. Now, winners don’t need to be as fake as the used-car salesman and very few could actually pull it off for 39 days if it wasn’t naturally inborn by your profession and empathy certainly helps creating the solid bonds a player needs to win the game but, like a surgeon wielding a knife, a good player needs to cut the cord at the right time. I feel that Alison will not be able to see it coming when Gabby and her allies turn on her.

7- Angelina: We saw her sleeping at the very moment we heard Mike, in voice-over, saying she was here to win. That is the editors way of showing us that despite her desire and her fuel to win, she will be caught napping and miss the boat at a crucial vote. This could happen as early as the next cycle if she tries to take control of the game, dictating the vote for her allies.

6- Kara: From next one out like she was after the Natalia vote, Kara is now kicking back enjoying the show with virtual popcorn. That’s what a good social game can do. After charming the two guys from the David tribe, she tried to get Elizabeth on her side but it seems that actions worked better than words. Before the end of this episode, Elizabeth was even confiding in her personal masseuse.

5- John: His easy-going good nature continues to surprise me and could carry him to the very end of this game. Much like it did for Nick in Kaoh Rong, tribal success has not given John the chance to really play Survivor up to now and someone who is obviously a physical threat needs to know that he can count on enough votes. He’s not one that can slip by like Michelle did in the same season that saw Nick voted out at the merger. His best chance is to connect with Mike but will he be able to forgive the author’s vote against Natalie?

4- Mike: He could have gone with Lyrsa because she could be trusted for a vote or two but keeping Angelina was absolutely the right move for Mike. Not that he should count on Angelina for the long run but because she will let him reconnect with the other Goliaths. That’s crucial for Mike even if his best path to the end merges with that of many on the original David tribe.

3- Gabby: Hope isn’t a strategy she said and she took the game in her own hands by creating that bond with Alison. Tiva will never go to Tribal Council but they will probably stick together for a couple of votes and then the time will come for Gabby to vote out Dan. Of course, she’ll need to convince Christian to break up the Brochachos but if he is really her number 1 ally then she should succeed. Maybe that move alone could pave the way for Gabby’s ultimate victory. All the airtime that her “platonic showmance” partner receives hides Gabby from our sight but in this season of underdogs, no one is more so than Gabby. Just that would make a powerful argument in the FTC. The smaller peppers pack the biggest punch she said. Will the smallest player prove to be the same?

2- Nick: Voting out Lyrsa was great for Mike’s game but what about Nick? He certainly was adamant about eliminating Angelina but relenting to his fellow “Rock Star” will keep the “band” together just in time for their next big tour; the merger. By voting with Mike and Angelina, Nick proved he could be trusted so he should profit from the same connections that the filmmaker and financial consultant have with the Goliaths. The key for Nick will be reuniting with Christian and getting the Mason-Dixon alliance back to work.

1- Christian: It seems that the only scenes we have that aren’t about finding idols or plotting someone’s demise, in other words the fun scenes, are all about Christian adapting to the new conditions. It clearly endears him to the audience but does it actually put him on course to become the Sole Survivor? The last episode portrayed him more as a “Journey Player” than a winner and the previews tell us that his huge role in the game hasn’t gone unnoticed by Ms. Angelina Keely. On paper, she has the numbers to get him out but her numbers aren’t solid at all. Christian will likely survive the merger vote and he has the connections to go all the way to the end but he’ll have been the one breaking the bonds that he so brilliantly created. If someone like Gabby is sitting next to him the jury could say that she manipulated him all the way and reward her instead.

Booted - Lyrsa: Saving her meant losing interesting characters so I’m glad that the third time was the good one. Lyrsa brought very little to the show except for her last words which made me laugh out loud. Lyrsa and Natalie are now tied together until the end of the Reunion show.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

11-06-18, 06:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor 37 Player Rankings Ep. 6"
You submit a pic of Lady Centaur wearing a loose skirt to camouflage the “junk” and her tree trunk thighs. If she makes it to Day 30, you’ll probably submit another pic after she lost 10 points in each leg just to purposely contradict me. HaHa

Alec and John could have interchanged 5th and 6th places on my list. Granted, both had lackluster episodes, but 7th through 13th all had negative observations in their assessments; so sometimes not doing a whole lot is better than something bad and/or inept when ranking these casting mishaps...thus it’s NOT because they’re “strong guys.”

I’m certain I noted in a prior week, if Gollem Girl makes the Finals, she’s sure to Squonk a pity-puddle at FTC that could result in a million-dollar payday. Former female castaways and sissy-boys have successfully done so in the past...so why not Gabby? If so, I would regard it just as pathetic.

Giving props for FINALLY coming around and bonding with the only other female on the tribe right before the upcoming merge is like complimenting a driver for FINALLY putting on the headlights after driving in the dark for hours.

michel2 3075 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-18, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor 37 Player Rankings Ep. 6"
>You submit a pic of Lady
>Centaur wearing a loose skirt
>to camouflage the “junk” and
>her tree trunk thighs. If
>she makes it to Day
>30, you’ll probably submit another
>pic after she lost 10
>points in each leg just
>to purposely contradict me. HaHa

Continue fixating on her thighs and you explain why so many women become anorexic. She's quite a lovely young women and she doesn'tnhave to be slim like a runway model to be so.

>Alec and John could have interchanged
>5th and 6th places on
>my list. Granted, both had
>lackluster episodes, but 7th through
>13th all had negative observations
>in their assessments; so sometimes
>not doing a whole lot
>is better than something bad
>and/or inept when ranking these
>casting mishaps...thus it’s NOT because
>they’re “strong guys.”

Gabby and Alison did something quite proactive yet you rate both below someone who, going by your own words, didn't do a whole lot. You lump John and Alec's episodes but I'll have you note that John continued building his friendship with Christian and did well in the challenges, two strong positives. As far as what we saw, Alec didn't talk to anyone and LOST reward. He should be lower.

>I’m certain I noted in a
>prior week, if Gollem Girl
>makes the Finals, she’s sure
>to Squonk a pity-puddle at
>FTC that could result in
>a million-dollar payday. Former female
>castaways and sissy-boys have successfully
>done so in the past...so
>why not Gabby? If so,
>I would regard it just
>as pathetic.

Wow! Talk about bias! All female winners were whiners and some boys who cried are sissies? Misogynist and homophobe in the same sentence; you've outdone yourself.

>Giving props for FINALLY coming around
>and bonding with the only
>other female on the tribe
>right before the upcoming merge
>is like complimenting a driver
>for FINALLY putting on the
>headlights after driving in the
>dark for hours.

Survivor often show scenes out of sequence. Somthings shown in this episode could have been filmed days earlier,. Either way, the two never went to TC so there was never the urgency to come together. It's often better to build the social bond before the strategic one.

11-07-18, 08:40 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Survivor 37 Player Rankings Ep. 6"
I acknowledge the top half of the Lady Centaur is an attractive woman...and if I was in the Fanatic Forum I would elaborate more on that part.
Last I checked, we’re in the BASHERS Forum, hence I will appropriately focus more on the bottom (horse) half.

Alec and John were ranked near the middle with the positive assessments above them and the negative assessments below them. Whereas Alec did not perform well in the RC, his tribe was spot on by saying, “at least it’s not the IC.” AND RIGHT THEY ARE! When the IC DID come around he answered with a solid effort partnering with Kara.

Acting like a sissy and one’s sexual preference are two separate characteristics. So, to inappropriately thrown an erroneous criticism my way because I accurately reference grown men acting like sissy-boys is very, VERY sad.

Fact of the matter, a double standard exists with regards to publicly showing emotion. Truth be told, a crying emotional Squonk like Gollum Girl Gabby will get a TREMENDOUS amount of more mileage from that slobbering behavior than say someone like John. Personally, I did not create that double standard...I’m just accurately noting it on these Boards.

As for giving Gabby credit for reacting and slobbering that way...REALLY? Sorry, not happening. And how par for the course you play your edit card to hypothesize some timeline for the sole purpose of putting one of your favorites in a more positive light when it was about friggin’ time Gabby (and Alison) FINALLY decided to turn on the headlights after driving in the dark for days.

In a couple days I’ll be going away for a while and won’t be back until Nov 19th. May not be posting after tonight’s episode and definitely will not next week.
I’ll catch up after the Nov 21st episode.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •