The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A Tie? Really??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel2 2869 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-24-18, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A Tie? Really??"
Soon after Survivor jumped the shark with the atrocious idea of racial segragation in Cook Islands we started having even numbered juries. That led us to question what would happen in case of a tie. Like with so many things, production didn't give us an answer. At best, Probst cryptically said he had a white enveloppe ready during the S16 Finale.

Finally, during the S34 reunion, Probst told us that the unlucky F3 participant would vote to break the tie between the other two finalists. Wouldn't you know it? the first season filmed after that revelation* just happened to end in a tie... And people refuse to even consider that this sh*t is fixed.

If they were serious we would have seasons ending with a Final 2 and 7 jurors. Guess what? No ties would ever happen!!!

*S35 had already ended when we saw the S34 reunion)

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A Tie? Really?? kingfish 05-25-18 1
   RE: A Tie? Really?? michel2 05-25-18 2
       RE: A Tie? Really?? Aruba 05-25-18 5
           RE: A Tie? Really?? michel2 05-25-18 7
               RE: A Tie? Really?? Aruba 05-26-18 8
                   RE: A Tie? Really?? kingfish 05-26-18 9
   RE: A Tie? Really?? Aruba 05-25-18 4
       RE: A Tie? Really?? kingfish 05-25-18 6
 RE: A Tie? Really?? Aruba 05-25-18 3
   RE: A Tie? Really?? Chez 05-26-18 10
       RE: A Tie? Really?? kingfish 05-26-18 12
   RE: A Tie? Really?? michel2 05-26-18 11
       RE: A Tie? Really?? sj007 05-29-18 13
           RE: A Tie? Really?? michel2 05-29-18 14
               RE: A Tie? Really?? sj007 05-30-18 15
                   RE: A Tie? Really?? michel2 05-31-18 16
                       RE: A Tie? Really?? sj007 06-01-18 17
                           RE: A Tie? Really?? kingfish 06-02-18 18
                               RE: A Tie? Really?? michel2 06-03-18 19
                                   RE: A Tie? Really?? sj007 06-04-18 20
                                       RE: A Tie? Really?? michel2 06-04-18 21
                                   RE: A Tie? Really?? kingfish 06-08-18 22
                                       RE: A Tie? Really?? michel2 06-09-18 23
                                           RE: A Tie? Really?? sj007 06-12-18 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 20374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-25-18, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: A Tie? Really??"
An odd number for sure. I'd go with at least 9 to give the strategists longer to take that into account when figuring out who to evict. 11 would be ok, but for what it's worth, that would be about merge time.

But the PTB should at least be reasonable and have odd numbered juries. Putting the final selection on the shoulders of finalist #3 is ridiculous. Next time they'll have a final interview (really final this time) where #3 interrogates #1 and #2 about why they should win.

Which is a stupid question anyway. The questions I respect are in reference to 'Why did you f___ me? What were you thinking that made you want to f___ me?' The uncomfortably evasive answers are entertaining.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

05-25-18, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: A Tie? Really??"
Those are good questions indeed.

I made many juries on ORG games and my favorite question was always: What was your opponent's best move?

Aruba 2903 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-18, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: A Tie? Really??"
My opponents best move...was deciding to align with ME! LOL

05-25-18, 09:10 PM (EST)
7. "RE: A Tie? Really??"
That's exactly the type of answer that, for me, would cost you a vote.

05-26-18, 06:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: A Tie? Really??"
Perhaps, especially if one player from a partnership like what we saw from Dom/Wendell answered that way. Although in MANY instances that could be a correct and appropriate answer.

In an event, I'm under the firm belief an OVERWHELMING number of jurors already know who they are voting for before any inquisition or G&A session.

05-26-18, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: A Tie? Really??"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-18 AT 10:41 AM (EST)

It's tough to say one way or the other, and since we can't really know what's in the minds of the jury voters we're just guessing. But my bet would be that almost all of them are certainly leaning to one or the other finalists but are somewhat undecided and could be swayed by learning something that they hadn't known before the interrogation.

To me, Sebastian seems to have been a classic example of an undecided juror throwing a dart with the final vote. That guy didn’t have a clue from the beginning of the game. His facial expressions throught the game and especially at FTC reminded me of what mine were probably like when I was first introduced to Maxwell's partial differential equations, like I had a big DUH written on my forehead.

Certainly, some jury voters will have their minds made up. But at the end of the game and after 39 days of riding emotional and physical rollercoasters, I feel that most will be conflicted between friendship, grudge bearing, admiration for game play, and possible lust (<joke, sort of. Maybe not) and will approach the final vote somewhat undecided.

And if two or more of the finalists are equally friendly, or hated, or have performed equally admirably (or who are both equally hot), then the final interrogation could tip the scales.

I like the interrogations, not for the questions themselves but for hot buttons that the finalists react to. It reveals a lot about their personality and how they think. Which, in contrast to many on many of the juries and in these threads, would affect the way I would vote. I would not vote for anyone that I perceived as a jerk or a bully as revealed during the course of the game including during the final questioning. There is no fundamental guide to evaluating what characteristics a winner had to have, so we and they are left to make our own decisions in that regard.

Therefore, I was pleased that Dom didn’t win for that reason.

05-25-18, 06:20 PM (EST)
4. "RE: A Tie? Really??"
Tough to say an odd number of jurors would minimize the chance of a tie if you are going to have three finalists. An odd number of jurors with the traditional two finalists would eliminate any chance of a tie. Nine jurors with three finalists run the risk of a 3-3-3 tie…and then what? IMO I honestly believe the primary reason to go to three Finalists was to prevent a player from snatching an easy win by carrying a pathetic goat with them to the Finals. Sure, a player could always carry TWO goats with them, but that’s much more challenging. So, I do not believe creating a tie was the main reason to go with three Finalists—but that’s just me.

Yes, it is ridiculous to put the million-dollar decision on the #3 Finalist. Although in this particular scenario, Laurel could have “interrogated” until her heart was content, and she’s still voting Wendell.

05-25-18, 09:08 PM (EST)
6. "RE: A Tie? Really??"
Yeah, you're right. With three finalists it should be either 7 or 11, not divisible by either 2 or 3.

And I agree that they may have gone from 2 to 3 finalists for that very reason. It does increase the drama.

05-25-18, 06:15 PM (EST)
3. "RE: A Tie? Really??"
In this long life I’ve led, there’s VERY little that would surprise me. ANYTHING is possible; so, if anyone of the hundreds of former players throughout the 36 seasons came out and “spilled the beans,” I would not be floored, shocked or stunned beyond belief. But that’s the thing...NOT ONE of all those hundreds have COMPLETELY “blown the lid of the cover” so to speak. And I’m not talking about Bitter Bettys who may belly-ache or whine about an outcome that did not end up desirable for them.

Jeff gloated on Wednesday how Survivor, once again, killed the ratings. Consequently, competing networks would pay handsomely for that type of information. And don’t throw that contract CBS makes them sign that is not worth the paper it is written on my way. With NOTHING done against Hantz (and Early) EVERY ambulance-chaser in the country would be standing in line to defend ANY former player who CBS might threaten to sue. And it doesn’t matter why CBS decided not to follow through with the signed agreement against Hantz; THE VERY FACT THEY DID NOT is enough to make a solid defense for any future defendant. That’s the way the Judicial System works in our country...and you don’t need to pass the Bar to know that; it’s common knowledge even for us “ordinary Americans.”

OK, enough about that. My gripe about the tie is the way it went down. After FTC and the final voting, an overwhelming majority of fans/viewers (as well as the Jury) were still up in the air as to who the winner would definitely be between Dom and Wendell. At that point, I would have wanted to see Jeff pick up the urn and carry it out of FTC to reveal the votes at the Reunion Show the way it’s been done the past 34 seasons if anything to prolong the suspense. But by reading the 10 votes at FTC and announcing Laurel would break the tie, NOW an overwhelming majority should have known for sure who the winner would be even before Jeff’s grand entrance carrying the urn with the single vote onto the LA stage.

Even though it was THAT Wendell who snubbed Laurel at the last reward, and even though it was THAT Dom who gave Laurel a free pass to the Finals, even Dom HIMSELF openly admitted he knew within seconds after the tie and the announcement that Laurel would break the tie, he was not going to win Survivor GI. Leave it to Production to add to its ever-growing list of blunders and idiocy going out of its way to make the final verdict anti climatic. And if you’re going to say...but if they read the 10 votes at the Reunion Show, then Laurel would have to vote that night after watching the season play out...so what??!! She’s voting Wendell regardless for crying out loud.

Chez 687 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-26-18, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: A Tie? Really??"
In order to preserve the suspense until the date the finale is aired, here is my suggestion - at every F3 final tribal council each of the F3 must make a vote for one of the other 2 contestants.

These 3 votes are labeled as to which person cast them, and are set aside, to be used only in the event a tie occurs among the jury. That way all the votes can be read at the normal time - the finale - the fact of the tie is not known months before, therefore maintaining suspense of who the winner will be. In the current case, Dom would not have known months ahead that he would lose to Wendell.

05-26-18, 01:59 PM (EST)
12. "RE: A Tie? Really??"
That's an idea worth considering. Haven't thought thru the ramifications, but it's worth thinking about.

05-26-18, 01:40 PM (EST)
11. "RE: A Tie? Really??"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-18 AT 01:44 PM (EST)

>In this long life I’ve led,
>there’s VERY little that would
>surprise me. ANYTHING is possible;
>so, if anyone of the
>hundreds of former players throughout
>the 36 seasons came out
>and “spilled the beans,” I
>would not be floored, shocked
>or stunned beyond belief.
>But that’s the thing...NOT ONE
>of all those hundreds have
>COMPLETELY “blown the lid of
>the cover” so to speak.
>And I’m not talking about
>Bitter Bettys who may belly-ache
>or whine about an outcome
>that did not end up
>desirable for them.

Stacey in Borneo

Sylvia told us that there was indeed African American and Hispanic alliances in Fiji even if the editing did its best to ignore them.

Kathleen and others have told us that James, Alexis and Erik were disqualified during Micronesia.

Hantz himself he knew what Yasmin's clue said when he found his first idol.

That's just four examples of blowing the whistle but you ignore them.

Also don't forget that there is very little to gain to blow the whistle. For example, what would James gain by saying he wasn't taken out for medical reasons but because he was caught cheating? No, he much rather continue to be in Survivor's good graces, be adored by the fans and receive nice appearance fees whenever he goes to a Survivor function just like that Reunion cameo.

>Jeff gloated on Wednesday how Survivor,
>once again, killed the ratings.
>Consequently, competing networks would pay
>handsomely for that type of
>information.

Jimmy Johnson said during the Fox NFL show that he asked to be voted out even if it wasn't shown that way. The thing is that ALL major networks have their own Reality TV fixes going on so they don't want to kill the goose with the golden eggs.

>And don’t throw that
>contract CBS makes them sign
>that is not worth the
>paper it is written on
>my way. With NOTHING done
>against Hantz (and Early) EVERY
>ambulance-chaser in the country would
>be standing in line to
>defend ANY former player who
>CBS might threaten to sue.

Hantz is a particular case because he had as much dirt on them than they had on him.

>And it doesn’t matter why
>CBS decided not to follow
>through with the signed agreement
>against Hantz; THE VERY FACT
>THEY DID NOT is enough
>to make a solid defense
>for any future defendant. That’s
>the way the Judicial System
>works in our country...and you
>don’t need to pass the
>Bar to know that; it’s
>common knowledge even for us
>“ordinary Americans.”

You seem to be missing the fact that for a precedent to be established it must first be tried and judged. There wasn't a suit against Hantz so no precedent established.

Do you think Morgan Freeman could use the line of defense that no one spoke before against him? The accusations came out years later but they still count.

>OK, enough about that. My gripe
>about the tie is the
>way it went down. After
>FTC and the final voting,
>an overwhelming majority of fans/viewers
>(as well as the Jury)
>were still up in the
>air as to who the
>winner would definitely be between
>Dom and Wendell. At that
>point, I would have wanted
>to see Jeff pick up
>the urn and carry it
>out of FTC to reveal
>the votes at the Reunion
>Show the way it’s been
>done the past 34 seasons
>if anything to prolong the
>suspense. But by reading the
>10 votes at FTC and
>announcing Laurel would break the
>tie, NOW an overwhelming majority
>should have known for sure
>who the winner would be
>even before Jeff’s grand entrance
>carrying the urn with the
>single vote onto the LA
>stage.

Jeff wants to be able to say that something new happened so he wasn't about to do the same thing as it's been done for 34 seasons. That's why they fixed the whole thing.

>Even though it was THAT Wendell
>who snubbed Laurel at the
>last reward, and even though
>it was THAT Dom who
>gave Laurel a free pass
>to the Finals, even Dom
>HIMSELF openly admitted he knew
>within seconds after the tie
>and the announcement that Laurel
>would break the tie, he
>was not going to win
>Survivor GI. Leave it to
>Production to add to its
>ever-growing list of blunders and
>idiocy going out of its
>way to make the final
>verdict anti climatic. And if
>you’re going to say...but if
>they read the 10 votes
>at the Reunion Show, then
>Laurel would have to vote
>that night after watching the
>season play out...so what??!! She’s
>voting Wendell regardless for crying
>out loud.

Here, I completely agree with you. I'll probably surprise you by relaying what I wrote on the "Previously on Survivor" board. Someone wrote that Dom and Wendell should have been given a chance to plead their case to Laurel. I simply answered:

Michel Trudeau: "Laurel is African American, Wendell is African American. What chance did Dom have?"

Boy am I getting negative comments but it's true.

sj007 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-29-18, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sj007 Click to send private message to sj007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: A Tie? Really??"
Let me just say I stopped watching a couple of episodes ago when it really became obvious and predictable what would happen. The tie didn't surprise me with both Wendell and Domenick in the final. Like I said before Laurel had no chance. Which brings me to the point that this is another stupid thing production should change. There is absolutely no reason for a final 3. Unless you try to build a dramatic conclusion with a tie and have the goat cast the tie breaker. That third person is always irrelevant in final tribal unless just what happened. That would be moot though if she were just on the jury anyways in a 5-4 vote. Someone should go back and check how many votes a third person got in 3 person final tribals in the history of survivor. It's not going to be many which proves my point. The third person is pointless! I've said before the other thing that needs to change is the amount of hidden idols and advantages. They are taking away from the game.

05-29-18, 09:39 PM (EST)
14. "RE: A Tie? Really??"
For me, the Final 3 is an abomination but the reason they introduced it was because of the times when the F2 had one member who got no votes. Even if the third person gets zero votes, production is still happy to have a tight vote between the other two. They do it for ratings of course but it f*cks with the competition. I'd rather see the two top dogs battling it out for the F3 immunity even if it means the vote is a done deal.

My suggestion would be to have the F3 immunity and THEN the Fire challenge between the other two.

05-30-18, 11:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sj007 Click to send private message to sj007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: A Tie? Really??"
This one was a tight vote but there are plenty other final tribals with 3 people where it was still a blowout for the winner. If it's a 2 person final and 1 person is able to take a goat and get all the votes more power to them. Shame on the other players. Just like most of the morons playing against Wendell and Domenick this season. I like your idea of final 3 immunity with winner going to final tribal and other 2 have to make fire. That would eliminate final immunity winner being able to take a goat to the final. Do that and pare down idols and you're getting somewhere. Hopefully this last cast was an abomination also.

05-31-18, 10:15 PM (EST)
16. "RE: A Tie? Really??"
I'm not claiming that the F2 with a Fire Challenge is a panacea because we could have wound up with Wendell out at F4 and then seeing Angela battling Laurel for the right to go up against Dom.

What could help is a true endurance immunity challenge down the stretch like they used to have in the old days. Stacking balls on a spring is a Mickey Mouse design.

06-01-18, 10:54 AM (EST)
17. "RE: A Tie? Really??"
I agree about the fire challenge. Make it an endurance challenge then and that would really build the so called drama they want. Bottom line is a 3 person finale is a waste of time and doesn't add anything. Even this season with the big tie and 3rd person breaking the tie didn't turn out well.

06-02-18, 01:20 PM (EST)
18. "RE: A Tie? Really??"
LAST EDITED ON 06-02-18 AT 01:23 PM (EST)

I'd say an old timey duel. 12 paces, turn, and shoot. Would be fun even with 3 finalists and single shot pistols.

06-03-18, 03:01 PM (EST)
19. "RE: A Tie? Really??"
I like the idea. But what happens if we have three "Brandon's" and they hit themselves in the foot?

http://funny115.com/v1/25.htm

06-04-18, 02:26 PM (EST)
20. "RE: A Tie? Really??"
I appreciate the humor but I'm being serious. Survivor needs to make changes because this last season really sucked and overabundance of idols and advantages are ruining the game. I'll give them a pass on this last season because that was the theme of ghost island and such. But even then they didn't play the concept as well as they could've.

06-04-18, 11:33 PM (EST)
21. "RE: A Tie? Really??"
LAST EDITED ON 06-05-18 AT 08:39 PM (EST)

The problem though is that Probst truly believes that all those twists make the game more interesting. Compounding the problem; most fans drink his Kool-Aid.

Personally, I have an even bigger problem: I believe the game is fixed. Production decides who gets the advantages and how they will be played. Production fixes the swaps. Production influences the votes. I believe the 5-5 tie was staged just to be able to say they can still come up with something new after 36 seasons.

Reality TV was never real. I read Burnett's book on season one. In it, he makes it clear that Dr. Sean was fully aware of the Tagi alliance well before the merger. In fact, he was obsessed by it, desperatly wanting to be included in it. Even his alphabet strategy was his way of telling Hatch that he'd never vote against a Tagi because all the Pagong names were first in the alphabet. Reality TV made us believe that Sean knew nothing about the alliance because the script needed a "Dumb Player".

Just like Sean wasn't that dumb, I think James, Erik, Woo and many others weren't as dumb as we witnessed.

06-08-18, 11:37 AM (EST)
22. "RE: A Tie? Really??"
LAST EDITED ON 06-08-18 AT 11:38 AM (EST)

Wouldn't that be interesting as well?

There's also the possibility that with three finalists wielding three single shot pistols, there would be three fatalities. And wouldn't that also break up the unending ennui?

BTW, sometimes humor is all that is floating this boat.

06-09-18, 06:01 PM (EST)
23. "RE: A Tie? Really??"
Not only do I agree wioth your conclusion but I'd even remove the "sometimes". An episode of Survivor is good if it makes me laugh.

06-12-18, 07:23 PM (EST)
24. "RE: A Tie? Really??"
Like I've said and read before it wouldn't be surprising that production interferes to make the most money for them and cbs. I think it can be more obvious like a show like big brother. For me personally I've noticed it more on the Amazing Race like the last season where it was fixed for cbs darlings Cody and Jessica. I would love for someone that has played any of those shows that got screwed because production fixed it to come forward and spill the beans. I know it won't happen because I'm sure cbs made them sign NDA's. Who does that sound like lol. It's sad that so many fans drink the kool-aid and are either too stupid or don't care.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •