The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Rankings "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel2 2864 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-19-18, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Rankings "
I don't know what hapenned to everyone around here. Are they all afraid of Ghosts? Well, we are one week away from closing this game of Survivor and I ain't afraid of no Ghost.

We’re Done Talking, Remember?

This season has been arduous to follow for many reasons, the most obvious being a lack of character development and the very linear strategy adopted by the Naviti players. The early episodes focused a lot on short term players leaving us with half a dozen stand-ins (Libby, Des, Jenna, Sebastian, Chelsea and Angela) when it came time to merge. The strategy, from the start, has been “Keeping Naviti Strong” which led to a decimation of Malolo.

However, I think that simple analysis of the strategic display is a distortion caused by our expectation of “Big Moves”. There was an underlying brilliance to Domenick’s overall game plan that cast a shadow on everyone else’s play. The most important part of his strategy was keeping his alliance with Laurel and Donathan secret even while promoting the idea of “Keeping Naviti Strong”. It was his connection with Laurel that has given him most of the information he needed to avoid being blindsided and it was her votes that kept him on track. Kim, in One World, also had a brilliant game plan that made everyone around her look dumb but look back at the way she turned Troyzan against Michael or, even better, how she got Alicia to turn on Kat and Tarzan and you realize her genius. We are lucky to witness someone of similar caliber.

1- Domenick:

The line of the evening, for me, came after Donathan first said he didn’t want to hear what Domenick had to say and then said out loud that he didn’t know anything about the “hammock Plan”. Domenick’s directly answered “That’s because we’re done talking, remember?” That reply was almost as powerful as some of those unforgettable movie lines; “You talking to me?” for example. Like he did for the Vanua kids during the reward, I think Domenick is about to bring his children a gift, a million dollar gift! Even the Vanua woman kept looking at Domenick when Laurel asked which of the three would win in the end!

2-Wendell:

Wendell’s fans must be clamoring for Survivor to adopt a video replay challenge system because it would have shown that he had it won. While Wendell’s grace is commendable, it could be detrimental in the end. It wouldn’t surprise me to see the jury penalizing Wendell for being too laid back. The latest Immunity challenge was just another example indicating that Wendell doesn’t care enough about winning it all. Even if it’s only an impression, a naturally nonchalant attitude that doesn’t prevent someone from being a true competitor, why would the jury give him the title? It’s even easier to dismiss his competitiveness when you compare him to someone who fought tooth and nail from day one to win it? If the jury rewards the biggest competitor, Wendell doesn’t stand a chance.

3-Laurel:

As she said during the reward, Laurel’s best hope is to go to the end with the two guys and have the jury split the votes between the two, leaving her just enough to squeeze by. Even if Kellyn, Donathan, Angela and Laurel had voted together and avoided Dom and Wendell’s idol, that wouldn’t have given Laurel a pathway to glory. Kellyn would have had so many goats around her that Laurel would have become their first target. Making a “big Move” would simply have given the game to Kellyn so Laurel was absolutely right to go with the smart move.

4- Sebastian:

Sebastian words said it all. He’s on Day 33 and he knows that he hasn’t shown anyone that he can play Survivor yet. He’ll try to make that move with his extra vote but an idol beats all the extra votes you can get in Ghost Island. Like a remora, is he will have to be satisfied with the scraps that the game’s shark will leave for him.

5- Angela:

This was the Previously on Survivor, recap: “Facing Tribal Council, Kellyn saw her opportunity to strike but Wendell and Domenick had their own agenda leaving Donathan and Laurel in the middle. At Tribal Council, Donathan and Laurel stuck with Wendell and Domenick leaving Kellyn without an ally in the game.”

Wasn’t Angela aligned with Kellyn? Like Kellyn and Chelsea, she voted against Wendell and she was also blindsided by the vote against Chelsea but Jeff words tell us that Angela doesn’t matter. She is like a ghost in this story. Wendell didn’t even bother telling her which name she should write during the revote, shrugging his shoulders when she turned to him for guidance. No one picked Angela for the reward and no one would pick her to win this game.

6- Donathan:

Did you notice the satisfied look Donathan gave to the jury when he realized Kellyn was leaving instead of him? It was as if he thought he had accomplished something worth noting when, in actuality, that revote clearly meant that he was insignificant. Being inside a solid Final 4, Donathan should have quietly worked on an outsider or two like Sebastian or Angela to have enough votes against Wendell and Domenick at Final 5 or Final 6. Showing his volatility only turned him into a pariah, someone that even his allies don’t want hanging around.

Booted – Kellyn

The tears she had in her eyes when Jeff called her name during the revote showed how much she cared about the game. Still, she left with a tremendous amount of class. Sticking with Naviti proved her undoing but she simply was bettered by a much more devious player who managed to keep the secret about his alliance outside of Naviti.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Ran... Aruba 05-20-18 1
   RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Ran... michel2 05-20-18 2
       RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Ran... Aruba 05-20-18 3
           RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Ran... michel2 05-20-18 4
               RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Ran... Aruba 05-21-18 7
 RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Ran... kingfish 05-21-18 5
   RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Ran... michel2 05-21-18 6
       RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Ran... kingfish 05-21-18 10
           RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Ran... michel2 05-21-18 11
               RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Ran... kingfish 05-22-18 15
                   RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Ran... michel2 05-22-18 17
                       RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Ran... kingfish 05-23-18 18
                           RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Ran... michel2 05-23-18 19
                               RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Ran... kingfish 05-26-18 23
                                   RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Ran... michel2 05-26-18 25
   RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Ran... Aruba 05-21-18 8
       RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Ran... michel2 05-21-18 9
           RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Ran... Aruba 05-22-18 12
               RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Ran... michel2 05-22-18 13
                   RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Ran... Aruba 05-22-18 14
                       RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Ran... michel2 05-22-18 16
                           RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Ran... Aruba 05-23-18 20
                               RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Ran... michel2 05-23-18 21
                                   RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Ran... Aruba 05-23-18 22
                                       RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Ran... michel2 05-26-18 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Aruba 2903 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-18, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Rankings "
Out of town for three days; just got back. Thank you to Michel for kick-starting the final ranking of this entertaining season (with the Finale this coming Wednesday.)
Your ranking is pretty much on target, as well as your assessments.

1) DOM – Your “line of the evening” was my “line of the SEASON.” Impeccable timing! There was little doubt in my mind he was going to win the RC partnered with Wendell. Selecting Laurel to accompany them and sending Sebastian to GI were the right choices. Although Wendell was the one who told Jeff, NO doubt in my mind BOTH deliberated on those decisions beforehand. Win or lose on Wednesday, he owned this season. As for movie lines, I prefer, “Say hello to my little friend.” Although the more appropriate line for Dom may very well be, “Show me the money!”

BIG DROP-OFF CONTINUES…

2) LAUREL – Wendell’s blunder provided her a built-in reason for keeping him while still sticking to my early season assessment as to why she will not blindside Wendell. I feel she’s run out of time because any big move to blindside the power duo will probably be perceived more as betrayal by a majority of the Jury. She proved to be the most influential castaway down the stretch to determine who would be sitting in the Finals. At this point she needs to plan on winning the final IC or start practicing how to start fire quickly if she wants a seat in the Finals.

3) WENDELL – I would have had him second if not for his debacle at the IC. As much bashing as we give Jeff on these Boards, he’s right in saying you can’t assume Wendell wasn’t still deliberating over the puzzle when Laurel shouted out she was done...so video replay challenge would not have matter. I do believe Wendell cares about “winning it all,” but is most likely taking the approach it’s OK to lose the battles as long as you win the war. Aras was a perfect example of getting his ass kicked is most every battle (by someone almost twice his age) but managed to win the war. I agree if the Jury rewards the biggest competitor he doesn’t stand a chance, but we’ve seen many Juries award the million to Miss/Mr. Congeniality.

4) SEBASTIAN – He was DEAD ON comparing himself to a remora. Although a few remoras have went on the steal the title, Sebastian will not be one of them. Idols do trump an extra vote. Should the extra vote and an idol(s) be played at the same TC, we should have our second curse reversal of the season.

5) ANGELA – Jeff’s words indeed tell us the obvious—that Angela was a casting debacle and not relevant. If this season WAS rigged, we’d be hearing no words about Angela on episode 13. No way she’d outlast the likes of Michael and Kellyn. Yet here she remains...bringing her irrelevance into the season Finale. How sad; how pathetic.

6) DONATHAN – This episode simply crystalizes how the weak and inept gets their golden ticket punched to the season Finale. Not that it will matter in the end to Donathan because there’s no goat like Lil, or hated castaway like Hantz to sit next to this season. He did everything one should do to get their torch snuffed, but he remains by being...well...weak and inept. A pathetic staple in the game.

BOOTED) KELLYN – Yes, in hindsight sticking firm and determined in her decision to stay Naviti strong for as long as she did was her undoing. And yes, she did get outplayed by the player who’s owned this season. She exhibited great sportsmanship, as all the juror have displayed this season upon exiting, setting up what should be a good Jury without any Bitter Bettys voting in the true spirit of the game.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

05-20-18, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Rankings "
You are welcome Aruba, I was a little hesitant not wanting to step on your toes but then I didn't want to leave our thousands of readers waiting!!

We are, for once, in general agreement about these players. I just want to clarify one thing about Wendell: I do believe he wants to win as much as everyone out there but it's not the appearance he's giving to the others. His nonchalance can be mistaken for not caring.

As for the video replay, we've often seen players still banging away with their sticks after the puck went into the goal so the replay would have shown that Wendell had finished the puzzle and, like the puck crossing the line, that was all that was needed. But I don't want to make a big deal about this because it didn't matter in the end that he didn't have the necklace and it made Laurel happy.

PS. At the end of any disaster movie, you see these unnamed characters coming out of hiding to congratulate the hero so you can't make anything of Angela's continued presence. Having invisible players gives the editors more time to focus on the hero.

05-20-18, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Rankings "
For the record, it doesn’t matter who jumps in first to start the ranking...no toes will be stepped on. Although only you, Kingfish and I contribute weekly, who knows...we may have a fair share of “readers.”

I enjoy sports analogies (especially NHL) but your puck over the goal line comparison does not apply to solving "damn, friggin’ puzzles." Several times a player or team may think they have the puzzle solved but upon further inspection do not. Thus, it is not unusual for players to give a lookover before they call on Jeff. Video replay cannot determine a player’s intent, so should not be considered for this type of challenge. The onus MUST be on the player to call Jeff when they are certain they have it solved. Wendell did not; Laurel did. Laurel rightfully gets the IN. Touch way to come up short, but a fair way.

In Survivor we do see irrelevant characters come out of hiding to congratulate the winner...it’s called the Reunion Show. A castaway need not be a hero or even have any chance of winning, but could still have entertainment value and/or fan appeal. Angela has none of the above. Consequently, no way this season is “fixed” with Angela in the Finale.

05-20-18, 06:13 PM (EST)
4. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Rankings "
LAST EDITED ON 05-20-18 AT 06:14 PM (EST)

To be honest, I don't know how much this season was left to the regular type of Production interference or if it was completely fixed but I'll maintain that keeping Angela to the end tells usnothing. Look at it this way: We've had numerous episodes ending with boring TCs so why would they script another one?! Why waste a vote on Angela?

The script, if there was one, read better keeping her in; it left more time to hear from the players that mattered and then they'll quietly get rid of her at F5 when all the viewers are still waiting for the evening's big suspense or even at F4 where she'll fail in the fire challenge.

Redemption Island was obviously fixed to finally give Boston Rob that elusive win and they kept Natalie in the script all the way to the Final 3 goat.

05-21-18, 07:10 PM (EST)
7. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Rankings "
To be honest, I do not believe any of the season was a “rigged” script.

Cannot respond to Redemption Island because I only watch REAL seasons. But I can tell you during the open audition process they ask all applicants who their favorite and least favorite players were. I suspect it is possible Production could have stockpiled the season with all diehard Boston Rob fans, but once the season commenced, I’m not buying into a set script or conspiracy fix. That’s one of several reasons why I do not want to watch a season with returning players.

kingfish 20358 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-21-18, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Rankings "
Rankings, in projected finish order.

1. Wendell. Although the others could have voted him off earlier, he's survived past the point of no return. He'll be at FTC. With a presentable resume and as the most likable guy left, he'll win.

2. Laurel. She will actually be rewarded by her indecision and lack of fortitude in failing to make a big move by being one of the final three. Her fate in part rides on whether the island bully decides that her lack of resume makes her less of a threat than the others, or if she has a bit of luck winning the crucial IC. But it seems that her inclusion as the third corner of the island triumvirate could very well get her to the final vote.

3. Dom. Dom has been the mover and decision maker, and when the occasion called for it, the island bully. His has been the story this season, which means that he should make the final vote also.

4. Sebastian. Toss up between him and Angela, but I picked him over her for this spot because of his blind dumb loyalty to the Dom/Wendell alliance. His place as the last boot would be a meaningless reward for being a meaningless survivor. He is a viable replacement for Laurel as candidate for F3.

5. Angela. Not much to say here. She falls down in her lack of meaningful strategy, athletic prowess, and for her docile inability to make any kind of move. Kellyn was a far better player than she was.

6. Donathan. His truth bombs blew up his game, and the only reason he didn't go last time was because Kellyn's grenades didn't have a timed fuse.

7. Kellyn. Great player, heady, strategic, and great personal story, but not flexible enough in her thinking or loyalties to make it to the end. If she had made it to the final vote I have no doubt that she would have won, so it was smart of the triumvirate to vote her off. Would not be surprised or disappointed to see her try again in a future season.

05-21-18, 06:17 PM (EST)
6. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Rankings "
You could be right about the finish order. I see Dom winning but we won't know until Wednesday.

Can I as you why you hate Dom so much? I went back all the way to episode 4 where you said you didn't know these players enough yet. You called Dom a jerk but without giving examples. Later you said he turned Libby into an enemy for no good reason and claimed it would be his downfall. Obviously, it wasn't because he got her out and she may very well vote for him still. So what gives? I think Dom has played the best game since Kim and while he was rougher around the edges, he hasn't rubbed the others the wrong way, at least not the reasonable ones.

As for Kellyn, she was OK but I wouldn't call her great. Having only 1 option when navigating a 13 person merger will never work. She was to Dom what Ashley was to Boston Rob.

05-21-18, 09:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Rankings "
You may.

And if I were to respond, I might ask you the same question about your hatred of Lauren. You never gave her the credit that she deserved when she made successful plays. She was always at or near the bottom of your rankings, and any reasonable person would have had her higher up on her good days.

Also, I would say that on day one he set my teeth on edge when he attacked Chris's play. Now, Chris wasn't exactly a nice fellow either, and he got what he deserved, but Dom's action was to intimidate a fellow player, a form of bullying. So, I put him down as a jerk on day one, even before I realized what a jerk Chris was. The fact that I think that was a dumb thing to do on their first day before he had any idea about any of the people on the beach also plays into it. But even though his obsession with Chris caused him to lose focus for a while, I admit that he began to improve his game, especially after Chris left. I would also say that he had a bit of luck in that Chris was such an ass. He was just stupid.

Dom carried on in much the same fashion with most of the others in one way or another, including with Libby and lately with Donathan. I think three obvious examples ought to do.

His basic attitude of "I'm too smart for these others, and I can manipulate them because of that" also pushed my buttons. I play poker sometimes, and I love to find guys with that attitude at the table. I kept seeing an obnoxious willingness toward bullying in his dealing with people that he thought might disagree with him.

As to rubbing the others the wrong way, if he makes F3 we’ll see. I am not often very successful at reading the juries, but I would guess that depending who is actually at F3, Libby, Chelsea, Don, and even Kellyn might not vote for him. I would argue that it would be the reasonable ones that would also find him distasteful, but how they will vote? Who knows? Well, I guess we will in a couple of days.

05-21-18, 10:15 PM (EST)
11. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Rankings "
Dom admitted that he shouldn't have spoken up on day 1 but did you see Desiree's face when Chris pulled the lever? She was clearly disappointed that Chris didn't have faith in her ability to win the challenge. She certainly wasn't the only one disappointed with Chris' decision and we actually saw that Dom had more people on his side than Chris had so I think you're seeing too much about this moment.

Libby, don't forget, had gained Morgan's trust. Morgan told Dom that Libby was with them and could be trusted and then Libby voted against Morgan. Libby was extremely dumb to do so and Domenick had every reason not to trust "the cute Blonde".

As for Dom vs Don, I can't believe anyone would take Donathan's side. That dumbass just killed his game and Dom is letting him hang.

I first thought you meant this season's Laurel but then I realized you were back on Lauren. For the record, I didn't hate her. I reserve my hatred to people like Hantz and Colton. It's just that you and Aruba were raving about her while I found her completely insignificant. You were all over her words at TC when that dumb redhead was voted out but, for me, the vote had been already decided. Whatever she said meant absolutely nothing.

She made it to the swap only because her tribe had 2 completely inept players.

Later, I saw Ben and Devon making the alliance of the "devious Four" but again you gave all the credit to Lauren even if it had all been decided before she said anything.

Finally, her final episode showed everyone, including you, that Lauren wasn't a good player so I'd thought you'd give me some slack but here we are, months later, and I still have to defend my opinion.

And she is fat!! I'll add: Just kidding because you have a blind spot when it comes to Lauren. If I don't stress that I don't hold her excessive weight against her, you'll say I'm bashing her. I remember many bashers here having a grand time laughing at Katie who, by season 10, was the only player who had gained weight on Survivor. We've had a few since then because, well, Survivor isn't Survivor anymore but I still think it's funny to see people not losing an ounce while out there even if they had 30 or 50 pounds to lose.

05-22-18, 10:45 AM (EST)
15. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Rankings "
Your responses in regard to Dom and Chris miss the point. I was trying to explain why I took a dislike to Dom, not the reaction others had to him. That was in answer to your question.

And it misses the point in regard to Libby and Don also. He was an obnoxious overbearing self-entitled bully toward them. That was another part of my answer to your question.

Both of your responses demonstrate what I've mentioned before, you deflect.

And I agree that Don was a dummy. He blew up his own game. I just react to overbearing bullies when I see them, and Dom was that to Don. At one point he was leaning over him in a physically intimidating stance. That picture alone was perfect.

Two thirds of your response concerned Lauren. Me thinks you defend your attitude toward Lauren too much. I think secretly, if you were to be honest, you would admit that your whole opinion to her was rooted in the fact was that she was not a svelte woman, and that colored every action she took in your eyes. Even when she was clearly the mastermind of a brilliant and successful plot.

And yeah! You are the king of bringing up past survivor's actions. To criticize me when you, in so many posts, reference seasons from way back (I think that recently you even referred to Australia and Africa?) is the height of laughable hypocrisy. I actually admire your and Aruba's memories, mine is more limited, but again to act like I'm being tiresome when I ask a question of you that is clearly analogous to your question to me is really weird. And in her Ponderosa interview, she mentioned that she had lost 20 or so pounds. So your clear view of her isn't so clear.

05-22-18, 08:56 PM (EST)
17. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Rankings "
I deflect!!! To base your response on the number of words I use is laughable. It's so much fun poking you over your beloved Lauren that I got carried away! I can tell you with no uncertainty that NO, I certainly do not secretly admire such a bland and poor player. Your pathetic attempt at psycho-analyzing me was amusing though. I guess you forgot that I really digged Cirie. Even Sandra isn't exactly svelte but I liked her a lot. In comparison, Lauren is boring. (Testing your memory, Mama Kim comes to mind.)

Also, please note that I was refering to Palau's Katie when I said someone who didn't lose weight, not Lauren. She had 50, 60 pounds to lose so even if she lost 20 she's still fat.

I get that you saw Domenick as a bully but I was explaining why he had to act the way he did with Chris, Libby and Don. I think the leaning in scene was when he told Donathan "That's because we're done talking, remember?" You see it as bullying, I saw it as perfect payback for Donathan who, in effect, had just told him to shut up.

05-23-18, 12:23 PM (EST)
18. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Rankings "
It's been a mutual poking. I get a hilarious (sort of) response whenever I mention your oblivious attitude toward her, as amply demonstrated in the above posts. It adds to fun when you use colorful inventions (in your mind, and yes, it's easy to psycho-analyze you to a degree, it's all there on the page) like 'beloved' and 'love' in your posts. You know in you heart of hearts that you invented that just to win an otherwise unwinnable argument.

When you question my attitude toward to Dom, it's natural that you should be questioned about your attitude toward Lauren. Yet you seem to be quite over-reactive (ref. the bold type). And you did deflect your response to my question. It's there in black and white.

(Katie? Ok. That wasn't clear at all. And that's a reference that goes even further back than mine to Lauren, Mr. Hipocracy).

I think we should all examine our attitude toward people who purposely intimidate others for whatever reason, be it for fun, financial gain, to get ahead in a simple game, or even as a simple demonstration of their power over others. When we don't, and we try to actually justify such distasteful and hurtful actions, we are empowering them and diminishing ourselves.

My Definition of bullying:

Intimidation is bullying. A bigger guy leaning over a smaller guy and making threats is bullying. A bigger guy sitting next to a small woman and making threats is bullying.

Bullying is bullying.

You may disagree, but I've answered your original question several times, yet you've refused to accept it. It's because he is a bully. And even though you disagree with me on that subject, at least we can agree that he's a jerk, and in my book, that's distasteful enough to have a negative opinion of the guy. I don't like jerks either.

05-23-18, 04:23 PM (EST)
19. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Rankings "
LAST EDITED ON 05-23-18 AT 04:25 PM (EST)

>It's been a mutual poking. I
>get a hilarious (sort of)
>response whenever I mention your
>oblivious attitude toward her, as
>amply demonstrated in the above
>posts. It adds to fun
>when you use colorful inventions
>(in your mind, and yes,
>it's easy to psycho-analyze you
>to a degree, it's all
>there on the page) like
>'beloved' and 'love' in your
>posts. You know in you
>heart of hearts that you
>invented that just to win
>an otherwise unwinnable argument.

My argument is that Lauren was very boring. I think I win that argument hands down without inventing anything.

>When you question my attitude toward
>to Dom, it's natural that
>you should be questioned about
>your attitude toward Lauren. Yet
>you seem to be quite
>over-reactive (ref. the bold type).
>And you did deflect your
>response to my question. It's
>there in black and white.

I didn't question you about someone from the past, just the player that looks like he may win the jury vote. Your previous rankings hadn't given examples. I read your examples and I think your reaction was excessive.

>(Katie? Ok. That wasn't clear at
>all. And that's a reference
>that goes even further back
>than mine to Lauren, Mr.
>Hipocracy).

I used Katie only as an example. I certainly didn't ask you how you felt about her so where is the hypocrisy? Only in your mind.

>I think we should all examine
>our attitude toward people who
>purposely intimidate others for whatever
>reason, be it for fun,
>financial gain, to get ahead
>in a simple game, or
>even as a simple demonstration
>of their power over others.
>When we don't, and we
>try to actually justify such
>distasteful and hurtful actions, we
>are empowering them and diminishing
>ourselves.

I didn't see ANYTHING from Dom that could be called distasteful or hurtful. Again, it's in your mind.

>My Definition of bullying:
>
>Intimidation is bullying. A bigger guy
>leaning over a smaller guy
>and making threats is bullying.
>A bigger guy sitting next
>to a small woman and
>making threats is bullying.

>Bullying is bullying.

Dom didn't threaten Donathan or Libby of anything except voting them out of the game which is the goal of this evil game. So no, his actions weren't bullying.

If you want an example of bullying in Survivor, I'd look to Scott and Jason towards Alecia. I even think Jason should have been forced to give the idol to Alecia after tackling her to get it but even that didn't cross the line according to Survivor.

>You may disagree, but I've answered
>your original question several times,
>yet you've refused to accept
>it. It's because he is
>a bully. And even though
>you disagree with me on
>that subject, at least we
>can agree that he's a
>jerk, and in my book,
>that's distasteful enough to have
>a negative opinion of the
>guy. I don't like jerks
>either.

I don't see him as a jerk at all but as a very strong player. Unlike you towards Lauren, I don't feel the need to have you agree which is why I feel you "Love" her.

05-26-18, 04:48 PM (EST)
23. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Rankings "
The only thing that you stated that has any resemblance to anything reasonable and that doesn't deflect is that my opinion about Dom was in my mind.

Well Duh. Just as your opinion of every survivor that has ever been was in you mind. Very astute, Michel. Human opinions are formed in the mind of humans.

05-26-18, 06:27 PM (EST)
25. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Rankings "
But some humans have opinions that influence others while some have opinions that are worth crap...

05-21-18, 07:17 PM (EST)
8. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Rankings "
I’m agreeing Donathan and Angela are the next to go. I’m also thinking Team Dominick/Wendell will want to keep Sebastian in the F4 in the event one of them wins the final IC, Seb would be the best shot to beat Laurel in the fire-building challenge and have the goat sitting between them at FTC.

You and I have been on the same wavelength this season in saying if Kellyn makes it to the Finals, she has a great chance to win. Problem for Kellyn, enough of the castaways thought that as well. She was too solid in her decision to pagong Malolo and hung on to that approach too long. Timing is everything; in hindsight she stuck to that decision one or two TCs too many.

05-21-18, 09:09 PM (EST)
9. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Rankings "
You say Kellyn was too solid in her decision to pagong Malolo while I say she was too hesitant to come up with another plan.

Personally, I think her biggest mistake was telling Stephanie and Jenna right after the swap that it was too bad for them that they were Malolo. Had she made an alliance with the Malolo women maybe she would have had options after the merger. I even wonder why she thought she could pagong Malolo when Domenick and Chelsea dispatched her friend Bradley before the merger.

05-22-18, 05:18 AM (EST)
12. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Rankings "
She did eventually come up with another plan...to take Wendell out. But she was two votes short, and three days late. Like I said, she hung on to the pagonging too long.

Bradley was dispatched because he is a d!ck regardless what tribe he started out on...the same reason Chris was booted.

It's quite a reach to presume Kellyn would have made it past Day 35 had she started aligning with Jenna and Plastic Boobies around a week into the season. Her pangonging helped her make it to Day 35 in a 39-day game...not too shabby. But yes, she went with that option too long. Her mistake was not reversing the curse and using that extra vote to put her second option (take out Wendell) in play three days earlier.

05-22-18, 07:23 AM (EST)
13. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Rankings "
LAST EDITED ON 05-22-18 AT 07:25 AM (EST)

She came up with a plan to vote out Wendell but she never voted against him! That's the problem with indecisive people; They think of other plans but never execute them.

As for aligning with the Malolos, it's exactly what carried Dom and Wendell pass day 35 so it could have worked for Kellyn. That's why you need options but options are hard when you are indecisive.

05-22-18, 07:59 AM (EST)
14. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Rankings "
She DID vote for Wendell when Chelsea was booted...like I said three days too late. The reason she was three days too late was because of her decisiveness to keep pagonging Malolo one TC too many.

How the partnership with Laurel/Donathan went down for Dom/Wendell would not have worked for Kellyn. That foursome partnership evolved into a pleasant byproduct resulting from Dom's bitter power struggle with Chris...and I'm not going to continue to rehash why Laurel gravitated toward Wendell.

05-22-18, 06:14 PM (EST)
16. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Rankings "
I meant the last vote when Kellyn voted for Donathan when she could have rallied Angela to vote with her and Donathan against Wendell but I can go back to the Chelsea boot if you want and argue that being three days late is a perfect example of indecisiveness! If she was decisive then she was dumb not to see the mistake of her plan. If she was indecisive then she naturally couldn't make up her mind in time. Either way, (I win because) it doesn't make her a great player.

I know you have been suggesting that Laurel and Wendell gravitated towards each other ONLY because they are Black. I never bit but now I have to say that I find that distasteful, reminding me a lot of Keith in the Australian Outback.

Many people gravitated towards Wendell because he's a nice guy, independantly of his race. Laurel has also been nice to others. They needed allies so they made a deal that included two Caucasians. Anyway, if you want to play the race card then please explain their vote against Desirée. Shouldn't they have aligned with her also?

05-23-18, 05:59 PM (EST)
20. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Rankings "
You question Kellyn for deviating from her option to eliminate Wendell on Day 32 (following up her Malolo pagonging approach) when Donathan placed a noose around his neck this past episode. Of course, she would cast her vote for Donathan at the last TC knowing he would be getting votes; only your patented spin would regard that as “indecisive.”

You criticize Kellyn by not sticking to her option to boot Wendell when she smartly chose a new option to cast her vote for Donathan, yet when she DOES exercise other options, you tag her as “indecisive.” Once again, your inconsistency comes to the forefront. Although what you are consistent with is applying your spinology to purposely criticize players Kingfish and I are partial to because we choose NOT to go down your “rabbit hole” into Michel’s “Wonderland...” the land of conspiracies, fixes and rigged scripts used to serve your own purposes...a land where you will always “win” in your eyes.

Within your “rabbit hole” you also have the audacity to throw a negative word my way for making a pretty obvious observation very early on proving to have merit as we approach the end. Granted, “Michel in Wonderland” may not agree with my obvious observation, but I call it the way I see it. Desiree decided to make a big move and target the Dom/Wendell duo, so no way Laurel would be able to support BOTH Wendell and Desiree. She appropriately stuck with the one she aligned with first.

I suppose I can take a more light-hearted approach and regard your needless reprimand coming from a self-defined advocate for “political correctness” overstatement adding to your ever-growing list of “expertise.” OK, Debbie?

05-23-18, 06:23 PM (EST)
21. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Rankings "
Ok, let's remove all labels and just answer this question: Was Kellyn a great player? No spin, no fixes, no wonderland to keep you smiling. Just answer that question.

I say she wasn't. She was voted out at F7 and didn't have a single ally.

05-23-18, 08:20 PM (EST)
22. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Rankings "
No, Kellyn was not a "great" player. Above average...YES. But not great. Although I do feel she would have been in her element at FTC and been a force to reckon with in that format giving her a realistic change to win.

05-26-18, 06:24 PM (EST)
24. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Episode 13 Rankings "
I'll agree with that, especially since I know how low you think the average is on Survivor.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •