The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S36 Ghost Island Ep 12 Ranking"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 2888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-10-18, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S36 Ghost Island Ep 12 Ranking"
By far the worst episode of the season. OK, since I stated that, I'm laying even odds that Michel will respond by sying it was his BEST episode this season! LMAO!! We start off with the nauseating reactions during the loved-ones segment, another wussy IC, yet another curse NOT reversed, and a desperate attempt by Production to make us think Laurel and Donathan would flip.

1) DOM – Continues to DOMinate the season. The formats for the ICs this season have been woeful to put it mildly, but as a player in the game you still proactively put your best foot forward and play to win. And Dom has done just that. Back-to-back IC wins, a real HII and a fake one to use, and an alliance that should advance to the F4. I doubt he’ll run the table with the remaining challenges, but he has eliminated the castaway who has faired very well in these types of ICs.

BIG DROP-OFF...

2) DONATHAN – I’m moving him up this episode. He was a little of everything...a blindside target, a vote BOTH factions were relying on, and ended up being the table-setter at TC. He is no threat to win a challenge and that ineptness could punch his ticket to the Finals with the potential fire-building challenge at F4. Only chance he has to win is sitting between Seb and Angela...and I’ll eat my hat if that happens.

3) KELLYN – Love her decision to go for the big move this episode even though it was ridiculous to even entertain the notion that Laurel would turn on Wendell for reasons I stated way early in the season. She’ll continue to stir the pot and make proactive moves. A dark horse at the moment, but if she can somehow snatch a seat in the Finals she could steal the title. Kellyn is the one I’m rooting for here on in.

4) LAUREL – She was dead-on with her assessments weighing both scenarios when contemplating which direction to go. Yet, as soon as Dom won the IC and Wendell was the target, there was NOOOOO doubt in my mind which option Laurel (and lapdog Donathan) would take making the remainder of the episode anticlimactic. I also can’t fault her for not latching onto Kellyn’s plan fresh after the “two for the price of one” sting used against her at the last TC.

5) WENDELL – GEEZ LOUISE...with the carrying on he did earlier this season about his girlfriend, he doesn’t have her as his “loved-one.” I would have LOVED to seen his GF’s face when stepping forward for a trip to GI over sharing a reward with her. HaHa! With all the fuss he made over being his father’s clone, one can only hope daddy-o isn’t as much of a sissy as junior. Aside from getting a second shot in the IC with the GI advantage, he also had ALL day to practice the challenge...and STILL pretty much sucked at it. Normally I’d give him props for his gutsy call to not use the idol at TC, but with Laurel the swing vote, it was about as much of a no-brainer as you’re going to get.

6) SEBASTIAN – He should be last for his pathetic handling of the RC decisions. Picking all the guys for the reward and leaving all the girls back at camp?! By all accounts, HE is the one who should have been blindsided. I believe Kellyn would have been able to sell Seb’s boot to Laurel, but at this stage of the game I can understand not wanting to eliminate someone who has pretty much zero chance of winning. If the remaining ICs are legitimate challenges, he could go on a winning run only to be embarrassed in the Finals.

7) ANGELA – That whole exchange between Angela and her daughter was a bit awkward and a lot uncomfortable IMO. Although the fact Angela is still in the game is uncomfortable enough for me.

BOOTED) CHELSEA – A victim of the Anti-Zombie Syndrome. Eliminate the castaway who has excelled at the Survival of the Stillness. Yet, pathetically that’s what has been required to win these Mickey Mouse challenges. I would have rather seen Sebastian or Angela booted, but no big loss for the game with Chelsea now on the Jury.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 12 Ranking michel2 05-10-18 1
   RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 12 Ranking Aruba 05-12-18 2
       RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 12 Ranking michel2 05-12-18 4
           RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 12 Ranking Aruba 05-13-18 5
               RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 12 Ranking michel2 05-13-18 7
                   RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 12 Ranking Aruba 05-15-18 15
                       RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 12 Ranking michel2 05-15-18 17
                           RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 12 Ranking Aruba 05-16-18 25
               Blowing the Whistle michel2 05-13-18 9
                   RE: Blowing the Whistle Aruba 05-15-18 14
                       RE: Blowing the Whistle michel2 05-15-18 18
                           RE: Blowing the Whistle Aruba 05-16-18 22
                               RE: Blowing the Whistle michel2 05-16-18 23
                                   RE: Blowing the Whistle Aruba 05-16-18 26
 My List: michel2 05-12-18 3
   RE: My List: Aruba 05-13-18 6
       RE: My List: michel2 05-13-18 8
           RE: My List: sj007 05-15-18 10
               RE: My List: kingfish 05-15-18 11
           RE: My List: Aruba 05-15-18 16
               RE: My List: michel2 05-16-18 19
                   RE: My List: Aruba 05-16-18 21
                       RE: My List: michel2 05-16-18 24
                           RE: My List: Aruba 05-16-18 27
   RE: My List: kingfish 05-15-18 13
 RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 12 Ranking kingfish 05-15-18 12
   RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 12 Ranking sj007 05-16-18 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel2 2825 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-18, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 12 Ranking"
Nope, I agree that it was a terrible episode. More on that later but while you're waiting, you could take a look at my posts from last week. I even did some time-travel for you.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

05-12-18, 07:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 12 Ranking"
Well, it’s a good thing I’m not a betting man! LOL

On a personal note, hectic would be an understatement to describe this past week, so I have not been as active as usual on these Boards. I did glance at your earlier responses from last week and most were attempts to still “bury Paul.” What really gave me a hardy laugh were accusations like “needless” or “unnecessary” on the...BASHER BOARDS?! REALLY??? ROFLMO!!

Bashing is bashing; if one doesn’t like the heat, leave the kitchen. Accusing someone of “unnecessary” bashing is like calling someone an “honest thief.” Oxymorons at its worse. Especially when the bash pertained to EXACTLY what we saw on clueless Jenna’s face. For the record, if I was going to waste any time (I really didn’t have this week) watching Loser Lounge aka Ponderosa footage, I’d better spend my time watching Libby over Jenna ANY DAY of the week. I’ll take your word that Jenna probably did look good when all dolled up in the Loser’s Lounge. Further proof of the claim I’ve made NUMEROUS times on these Boards...if it was socially acceptable for men to enhancement their appearances on a DAILY basis as women do, we’d be the most AWESOME looking species on the face of this earth!

And the inconsistent manner in which you provide self-satisfaction with your conspiracy theories and rigged scripts continue to entertain. Yes, there’s been cases when cheaters were caught red-handed or indisputable proof revealed fixes. But for every one of those, SCORES of other made-up theories surface that have NOT been proven and never will because THEY NEVER OCCURRED except, of course, in the minds of the theorists conspiring to serve their own agendas.

Consequently, I never read your “time-travel” post. Once an episode airs I choose to focus on the current and I do not go back to prior posts/threads. But at your request I did this time and I’m glad I did because that post was very good...actually it’s a shame no one responded...so I will do so now.

I enjoyed the opening touch with the “grassy knoll” reference. Here’s some friendly advice—take a LOOOOOONG break from that historical event. The Warren Commission book is closed and nothing definitive has been proven to the contrary in over half-a-century.

Your Pearl Island time travel ended up being a mirage. The alternate ending would have supported the Reunion Show confirmation that Lil beats the despicable Fairplay in the Final. Although I’m sure Production would not be thrilled with that outcome either. That whole Pearl Island Finale was a no-win situation with the most pathetic F4 in Survivor history.

Your IC fiction reenactment read like an excerpt from a J. K. Rowling fantasy novel, although was quite entertaining and well-constructed. What could players do? “Blow the whistle?” You’re darn tootin’ they could. And over the course of 30+ seasons that’s EXACTLY what would have happened at least ONCE if there was any credence to these fixes, conspiracies, or rigged scripts.

“TURN ME ON DEAD MAN”
“PAUL IS A DEAD MAN, MISS HIM, MISS HIM”
“IIIIIIIII BURIIIIIIIED PAUUUUUUL”

You just keep entertaining us, Michel. You do it SO well!!!

05-12-18, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 12 Ranking"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-18 AT 06:05 PM (EST)

Thank you for reading my post and for commenting on it. As soon as I saw that episode's opening image, I had the idea of making this tongue-in-cheek post about supposed production wrong-doings. Please take it as a joke because I wasn't really there!

When I write seriously about production interference it's because I've heard remarks or seen evidence to corroborate them.

As for blowing the whistle, I'll say three things:

First: It isn't an easy thing to do; just look at what happened to the guy who was responsible for the wikileaks.

Second: There usually has to be an incentive to blow the whistle even if it's only revenge. For most of these castaways, Survivor provided the largest check they'v eever had in their lives and with returning seasons, it could bring even more so why go through that hell?

Third: We've had dozens of whistler blowers over the years. Most notably Stacey in Borneo, Big Tom and Lex in Africa, Sylvia in Fiji, Kathy and others in Micronesia, Laura in Samoa, Jimmy Johnson in Nicaragua, and all the others who've said in post-show interviews that things didn't happen on the island the way it was shown on TV. With the exception of Big Tom, Lex and Jimmy Johnson, all these whistler blowers were greeted by shouts of "Sore Loser" and "I wish you were dead" from the many cyberbullies that run rampant on the internet. You always choose not to believe them so why would they bother?

05-13-18, 11:18 AM (EST)
5. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 12 Ranking"
Many, MANY former players were not happy over the fact that millions and millions of Survivor fans/viewers saw them for who they were. Many were dumb, lazy, hypocritical, etc. because...well...they are dumb, lazy, hypocritical, etc. Consequently, they will play the ever-convenient “edit card” to back into whatever meager attempt of self-preservation they can salvage. So clearly you had a slew of players who claimed “things didn’t happen on the island the way it was shown on TV.” Yadda...Yadda...Yadda...Blah...Blah...Blah... These are NOT examples of a “whistle blower.”

You’re talking about OBVIOUSLY “rigging” a season and even including the castaways themselves in the “fix.” CBS is not going to shell out all the needed “hush money” to hundreds and hundreds of former losers to not blow the lid off these so-called conspiracies. Listening to remarks from a bunch of lying, backstabbing, deceiving individuals is NOT what I regard as “evidence.” It is hearsay from those whom an overwhelming majority have shown the world posses little to no integrity. Sorry Michel, I’ll need a heck of a lot better “proof” or “evidence” than THAT.

For the record, I don’t have an issue with you or anyone crying foul or “burying Paul.” But if you’re going down that road, God Bless you...but do so even when your favorites come out of the game with favorable results. It is so comically inconsistent to minimize and cheapen proactive efforts from players who fared well and discount them as fixes, conspiracies, Production manipulations when a castaway, who does not fit the profile you covet in a Survivor player, fares well. Personally, I’ve appropriately regarded some former castaways as despicable and scum-of-the-earth, but if they dominated and owned their particular season, I gave them their due without conjuring up any unproven theories.

05-13-18, 01:26 PM (EST)
7. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 12 Ranking"
Do you know that the Survivor contract has a clause that specifically states: "We are allowed to make you look stupid..." Do you know any other employee contract that includes such a clause? No, every time someone says that things didn't happen the way it was shown is someone trying to blow the whistle without being in breach of contract. YOU may not believe them but to dismiss ALL of them is a refusal to see the truth.

SeeBS is ready to shell out millions of dollars to actors PER EPISODE for a hit series in prime time (5 actors on the Big Bang theory get at least $1M/episode. That's $65M/season) so they have boatloads of profits when they have to pay only one of the 21 main characters of a hit series like Survivor. Plus they have the reinvitation card that always fixes things. Just ask Boston Rob.

But I am consistent. Here are just a few examples:

- Domenick was my pre-season favorite. I am in a fantasy league with my old RHAP collegues and he was my first pick in the draft...unfortunately my only good pick!! So saying this season is fixed is independant of personal choice.

- I also said that the swap that brought Chrissy and Ryan was obviously fixed and Chrissy was my favorite.

- Mike was my pre-season favorite and I stayed with him even if the season was fixed for the Blue Collar hero.

- The swap in One World obviously helped Kim, giving her the three strongest guys to have an unbeatable team. Two of those three guys were not in the alliance of misfits while Troyzan was easily swayed. What great luck!! Yet Kim was also my pre season pick.

- I say that Redemption Island was obviously fixed in Boston Rob's favor yet he was my favorite.

Most of the time, I don't care for any players so that's what could be confusing you. I'm looking for good stories and, for obvious reasons, the player who benefits from the fix has a good story.

05-15-18, 07:47 PM (EST)
15. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 12 Ranking"
Production does not need to make players LOOK stupid when they mostly cast players who already ARE stupid.

Blowing sunshine up the butts of Sandra, Cirie and Kim that you’ve done NUMEROUS times while bellying aching over unproven fixes and conspiracies when proactive players who dominated the season win are all PRISTINE examples of your inconsistencies.

05-15-18, 09:53 PM (EST)
17. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 12 Ranking"
I just gave you an example of a fix that helped Kim, what more do you want?!

Cirie never won so obviously she was never the "beneficiarrary" of a fix. Worse, Terry's idol being good to Final 4 instead of the now usual Final 5 cost her the game in Panama. Micronesia's Final 2 was a fix that clearly went against her. Whether or not she wins that Final vote (I believe she does, you don't) she would certainly have had a better chance sitting on the F3 than on the jury!

As for Sandra, I have never gone as far as most of her fans. The Outcast twist was done to help Fairplay make it to the Family visit. Would Sandra have won without the Outcast twist? Hard to say but we can certainly think she wouldn't have won. In HvV, the fix was to get Hantz and Parvati to the end. Being a Villain, that also helped Sandra. So yes, I do question the legitimacy of both her wins if that makes you happy.

05-16-18, 07:25 PM (EST)
25. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 12 Ranking"
What more do I want? How about indisputable PROOF of these “fixes.”

First grade math dictates an idol good up to F4 with two finalists is the same as an idol good up to F5 with three finalists.

Skankivor: Micronesia’s F2 late decision went against Amanda more than Cirie. What really went against Cirie is her pathetical ineptness in challenges and inability to find idols.

Sandra was not the beneficiary of a “fix,” she was one of the many pathetically inept castaways who have historically been able to punch their golden tickets to the end game by being...well...pathetically inept. Hey, if the idiotic morons usually casted allowed her to get carried to the end, then let her laugh at their stupidities all the way to the bank.

Usually I can follow your entertaining spinology...but the Outcasts twist was to get Fairplay to the family visit? Production/CBS actually reached out to the mainland AFTER the family visit to get the scoop on his Grandmother and it was THEN they realized what Fairplay did.
OHHHH, I forgot...that was “scripted” as well...

”IIIIIIII BURIEEEEED PAUUUUUUUL”

05-13-18, 07:34 PM (EST)
9. "Blowing the Whistle"
With Chelsea, we have another example of a player blowing the whistle, telling us that we don't know what is really happening out there:

"I teamed up with Domenick to throw the last pre-merge challenge without getting my hands dirty if there was fallout to take out Bradley before the merge, as I knew he was aiming to take me out after the merge."

I had the impression that the challenge was being thrown but it's nice to have confirmation.

05-15-18, 07:43 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Blowing the Whistle"
So, you get your ass kicked in a competition and you say you didn’t try or say you “threw” it. Nothing new there. Former players from 1969 Baltimore Colts STILL to this day claim and say they “threw” Superbowl III instead of owning up to the fact they ended up on the short end of the biggest upset in Superbowl history. *Yawn* *Yawn* Ho-Hum...par for the course...

05-15-18, 09:59 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Blowing the Whistle"
That's the challenge where Donathan kept tossing the rings, where Dom belly-flopped his way on the course. Those were clues that they threw it before Chelsea said anything. Your refusal to admit this little fact shows why so few blow the whistle. Why bother if the fans don't want to know.

05-16-18, 07:12 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Blowing the Whistle"
Hey, Nostradamus...which one of your 942 quatrains includes those “clues” for the “thrown” challenge you are comically backing into after they occurred.

If all the seasons are fixed, fans DO want to know. Prove it with facts; not conjured up conspiracy theories. If Paul McCartney IS dead, prove it with facts; not “clues” found on album covers or records played backwards.

PAUL IS A DEAD MAN, MISS HIM, MISS HIM!”

05-16-18, 07:15 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Blowing the Whistle"
Chelsea buried Paul. She was there and she said it happened so that's a fact. Put that on your pipe and smoke it.

05-16-18, 07:29 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Blowing the Whistle"
The same pipe you wanted me to smoke almost 50 years ago listening to the '69 Colts who said they threw the Superbowl. They WERE THERE so I guess that's a fact too? *SNORT*

05-12-18, 05:51 PM (EST)
3. "My List:"
I’m starting to think that the season’s theme is: “Even if you know the History of Survivor, you are still bound to repeat the errors of the past”. On the surface, that would tell us that it’s not as easy to play when you are on the island as when you are in your living room but, surreptitiously, the real message is to convince us that the original mistakes were all done in good faith, not somehow arranged by production. To our usual remark that no one could be that dumb, this season is saying; see, even these super fans are that dumb. Probably the editors thought it would give us a good laugh but the real effect is disappointment; how can this be so bad?

While I’m not a fan of the sob stories associated with the Loved Ones’ visit, I’ve enjoyed some of them over the years but this one was absolute crap. First of all, who wants to see a sister, a brother or even worse, an aunt especially when they have nothing to say? In previous seasons some of the loved ones had a role to play in the episode, telling us something new about the castaways but, outside of the brief introduction, only Donathan’s aunt had a line in the script...and that had more to do with Domenick’s story than her nephew’s! The Loved Ones visit has become as boring as the reunion show.

1- Domenick:

Even his wife hates Domenick! That remark must have pleased Kingfish.

While Dom did a great job winning immunity and getting Laurel and Donathan to stay on his side, it was weird hearing Chelsea being described as a challenge beast and it was weirder that Domenick, who just won two Immunity challenges in a row, would set the target on challenge threats. It would have been much smarter to go after the tactical Kellyn, the one who can still assemble an army to fight the two Naviti men.

However it’s clearer with each episode that, much like when it was all about Tony or all about Mike, we are being told Domenick’s story. The drama was set right from the start, when we heard talk of taking him out even if he was about to win immunity. Then we are told how much he depends on Laurel but we heard her saying she needed to take him out. All his done to put doubts on his chances to win the game but he always pulls through. There is no reason to change the narrative.

2- Wendell:

Wendell did just as badly with his advantage as Malcolm did but that could be for the best. An advantage is worthless even disadvantageous when everyone knows which player has it. Having to reveal it and use it immediately while looking weak in another challenge can only help Wendell in the long run. Another factor to consider is that Wendell is more liked than Domenick so maybe Laurel and Donathan would have made the move if it had been to eliminate Domenick. Wendell said that he needed Domenick if he wants to make it to the end so had his ally taken the walk of shame, he would have soon followed.

The problem though is that Wendell showed that he would do anything to win this game even sacrificing time with a father he truly loves. Others, Domenick in particular, have to take note. If Wendell can turn his back on his dad, he’ll turn his back on his allies. So it would be wise for Domenick to send his ally to the jury somewhere around Final 5 or 6.

3-Laurel:

A long time ago, we were told the story of Gregg who wanted to make a move against Tom and Ian but kept waiting for the right moment. He waited so long in the jungles of Palau that he gave Tom and Ian the opportunity to make the move first. It seems that we are being told the same story here with Laurel always saying she wants to make a big move on Wendell and Dom but never quite getting the nerves to do it. People will argue that she wasted her best opportunity especially since Wendell didn’t play his idol; others will say that she would have been in a worse situation, going from a foursome she trusted to a group of five she doubted. I say that sometimes shorter stories are better than the prolonged ones and that this story is being dragged a few extra chapters unnecessarily.

4- Kellyn:

Since Kellyn was determined to go after the Naviti men, she really should have been thinking ahead to this situation when she voted against Laurel twice at the previous TC. All she really had to do that time was put her two votes on Wendell, piggy-backing on Michael’s errant vote. Always being a dollar short and a day late is a symptom of indecisiveness. The result was that Laurel and Donathan shot the puck in girls’ net, not the men’s. Kellyn makes for a formidable antagonist to this season’s protagonist; she is feisty and smart. That means she was quite lucky that the target was placed on the docile Chelsea instead.

5- Donathan:

When a family member comes to deliver news about the health of grandma, it should always be bad...even if she is in top shape!

I didn’t like the way he flaunted his powerful position right at the beginning of Tribal Council. That hubris usually doesn’t go unchecked. I would like to see Naviti joining forces once more just to get rid of the bomb dropper.

6- Angela:

Tribal Council rarely go the way Angela wants them to go. I highly doubt it will get any better.

7- Sebastian:

We’ve had creepy remarks during family visit before but Sebastian was creepier than most; his attachment to his sister bordered on incest... Outside of that troubling moment, we saw just how superfluous Sebastian is to the story. During Tribal Council, he just kept sitting there, his eyes unfocused as if he was more interested in counting insects flying around than listening to the conversation. He has become the best goat out there.

Booted - Chelsea:

This challenge looked tailor-made for Chelsea but she failed. Despite what Domenick said, I refuse to admit that big, strong guys like Domenick, Wendell and Sebastian could be truly afraid of Chelsea despite her two challenge wins. Going after the much more strategic Kellyn would have been the smarter move. So this looked a lot like production making sure that their three biggest characters survived up to the final episode.

05-13-18, 12:05 PM (EST)
6. "RE: My List:"
Surreptitiously, what’s REALLY being told to us is Production (for the most part) continues to cast idiotic morons and/or non-proactive losers so naturally you will (more times than not) have similar results. OK, on rare occasion they may swing with their eyes closed and luckily hit a home with former castaways like Tom Westman, Mike Holloway, or Kim from One World. But sadly, those are the exceptions due to the continued incompetence of the casting crew.

Listen, if I was assembling a basketball team and ONLY selected players under six feet tall, chances are we’d win few games against your normal sized basketball team. For another season I could scrap that team and put together ANOTHER team with all players STILL under six feet tall. Will my fortunes reverse? VERY doubtful. No deep message here...the faces and names may change but the castaways continue to make the same mistakes in “good faith” because Production continues to cast in moronic fashion.

After the introduction, a nice ranking and assessments of the remaining castaways. I moved Donathan up for the reasons I stated, but I can understand keeping him where you placed him for the reasons you stated. Whereas his “hubris” was ill-advised, I’ve got to believe enough want him in the Finals so I see no immediate danger of getting rid of Donathan. BTW, comical touch slipping an underlying reference of Fairplay’s dead grandma in the assessment.

Not quite sure you are inferring Wendell “threw” the challenge. If so, I continue to disagree. He “looked” weak in the challenge because he WAS weak in the challenge.

Yes, Greg in Palau was planning to gun for Tom/Ian upon the completion of the So-Long pagonging. Problem was Tom and Ian (mostly Tom) went on to win all the remaining IC challenges, so that “right time” did not materialize.

As much as I’m rooting for Kellyn to win, your point about not “thinking ahead” to turn on Naviti is an accurate observation, but I will fault her OVER-decisiveness and fixation on pagonging Malolo for the late timing. Had she asked Michael who he was voting for we would have had our second curse reversal and a much more exciting ending to this season. Whereas her insistence to continue to target Malolo was too single-minded; I would not call it indecisive.

I glad I’m not alone in getting the skeevy-jeevies over Sebastian and his sister’s sibling relationship.

Had the ICs put a premium on size and strength, then your refusal to accept the guys regarding Chelsea as a challenge threat has merit. But nothing has been further from the truth this season, hence her IC record spoke for itself and was enough to raise concern in the mind of Domenick. Challenge threats have always flown higher over the radar than “strategic” players. We saw it last season when Chrissy kept getting put off to eliminate the challenge threats...and as a stroke of irony Chrissy goes off on an IC run herself. HaHa!

If CBS/Survivor wanted to keep its “biggest characters” for the Finale, how on God’s Green Earth is Angela still in the game and Michael on the Jury??? Regardless how you feel about him, Michael CLEARLY is a castaway Production and Jeff coveted during this season. If the season was “fix” or “scripted,” Michael simply does NOT end up in the minority from the tribal swaps, would have been “told” by Production that Naviti was voting for Brendan, and does NOT get voted off when he did.

05-13-18, 02:00 PM (EST)
8. "RE: My List:"
Personally, I think casting is the best part of the whole organization. It's because they consistently bring interesting people that we've had 36 seasons. Anyway, the castaways are always ordinary Americans so if you want to call your fellow citizens "Idiotic Morons" be my guess! Personally, I wouldn't go that far but if you are suggesting that Survivor should start casting Canadians I have nothing against that idea!

Finally, I've gotten you to admit that your ideal Survivor season would consists of only professional athletes! You can have Survivor - The NBA edition with challenges taken out of the NFL combines or Olympic events if you want but seeing Cliff playing in Cagayan, I'm not sure it would be an improvement. I rather have these ordinary people competing in gender neutral challenges where the emphasis is still on the social game but, unfortunately we're more and more witnessing a scavenger hunt and all the doubts that the idols and innumerable advantages create.

I think Donathan was on a good course for the Finale but his comments at TC may have made him the next target. You can't have an unstable ally.

In an earlier episode, Wendell said that winning reward may force him to forget about winning immunity so I said he threw that challenge. In this episode he really looked like he wanted to win it so I'm not saying he threw it, just that it was much preferable that he did lose it. Had he won, Dom would have been the target and I'm not sure Laurel would have stood by him. Also, it's good to appear weak when you really aren't.

Kellyn can't make a decision so she sticks with the easy course of action. People who are indecisive avoid being in a position to make tough decisions. That's Kellyn.

Let me ask you if you would have been afraid of seeing Chelsea winning the next 4 ICs! Anyway, why the belly-aching over the challenges? Weren't you the one that hated seeing all those "friggin' puzzles"? You should be happy: No puzzles!!

I like your last comment though. It is challenging me to explain further my accusation. This is how I see it: There can be only so many big characters and there can only be ONE winner. So they have to choose which player will be the season's hero then build the story around that person. To have a good Hero's story, you need good antagonists. That's where people like Chris, Libby, Michael and Kellyn come in. Of course, you have to lose some along the way but then you simply reinvite the best of those that were enrolled to lose this time.

Now, are the players given the script? Of course not. That script remains secret but there is a pattern to be followed. So despite being a good character, Michael was assigned the role of antagonist. Angela is still there because she never really got an assignation. Just like she floated in the game, she floated in the script, the narrative not really sure what to do with her. On one hand, she is an American Hero but on the other she is a Survivor dud. That makes her hard to place.

sj007 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-15-18, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sj007 Click to send private message to sj007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: My List:"
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-18 AT 04:03 PM (EST)

I think this will go down as one of the worst seasons. Production didn't do a good job of the whole concept of idols and curses. That should've been strictly ghost island with more emphasis. I understood before the season began about the concept of idols and curses so I knew there would be more than usual but they dropped the ball. These idols and advantages are really ruining the game. It does take away from the social aspect and even the challenge aspect when you know you have an idol or more. I guess production wants more explosive tribals with idols being played that make it more entertaining. It's not working out that way. All it does is give a player insurance. That's the other reason this season was terrible because the cast sucked. Production did a terrible job of picking the cast. You have all these idols and advantages to bring out fireworks at tribal and for the most part didn't happen. Lame! At least last season you had people willing to make big moves. I can't stand watching when you have lemmings like Donathan and Laurel who ride strong player coattails til the end. Reminded me a little of the season when Boston Rob won when everybody was afraid to vote him out and follow him like sheep. Production probably had a hand in that. Let him win so we can milk more ratings out of him and Amber for their CBS shows. They really need to get back to old school survivor with minimal idols. If you look at numerous best survivor season lists many of the earlier seasons are at the top. I enjoy watching those earlier seasons because the cast was better and minimal idols. I can kinda excuse the bad casting for this season, but I've been saying for a long time that too many idols are ruining the game. Just read Michel's post about whistleblowers and I wouldn't put it past CBS to interfere. Some seasons it has been more blatant than others. One other show recently where it was blatant that the fix was in was the last Amazing Race season where CBS darlings Cody and Jessica won.

kingfish 20334 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-15-18, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: My List:"
Unfortunately we have the cast with their specific goals, which are (or should be) to get to the merge, then get to get to the final TC, then to win the Mill. And all the while having to select various strategies to get to each stage. So none of them should be concentrating on making good TV for us (and don't remind me that there are always a number of contestants that are basically just there to self-promote).

Then we have production personnel who are focused (or should be) on improving TV ratings. Or in other words, making a TV show with coherent story lines, plots, and interpersonal undercurrents including sexy themes, animosities, and competiveness.

So sometimes what would make us the TV audience happy isn't uppermost in anybody's mind. Throw in the fact that different audiences have different tastes and you have what we have today. Stuff that sometimes entertains, sometimes gets Contestants down the road, and sometimes makes TV rating go up but doesn't satisfy a lot of people.

I would count myself lucky if the episodes are at least interesting enough to make it worth coming back to on successive weeks and seasons.

05-15-18, 07:57 PM (EST)
16. "RE: My List:"
If you truly believe casting is the best part of the whole process, it certainly explains your discontent for Survivor as of late. To state the castaways selected for Survivor are “ordinary Americans” only crystallizes your blissful ignorance of the general population south of your border. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt before any exception can be taken from that verbal diarrhea; nothing can be further from the truth.

I did not admit to wanting to cast only “professional athletes,” yet being the Spin Doctor you are I acknowledge your misconception. Just proactive, hard-working middle-class folks would be a positive step in the right direction. On rare occasion we get one, but for the most part idiotic morons. If you want to get a “chubby” over ordinary people co-existing as social laboratory rats, watch MTV Real World.

Kellyn was VERY decisive in her approach to pagong Malolo.

I don’t see ANYONE in this cast being able to run the table and win the next four ICs. All I was saying is given Chelsea’s performances in these types of challenges, I can understand why Dom felt the way he did.

Don't sell yourself short...applying your PhD in Spinology should not be a "challenge" to "further explain your accusation." We'll make this simple. If the game was “rigged”, Angela does not make the F7. Case dismissed.

05-16-18, 08:25 AM (EST)
19. "RE: My List:"
OK, I'll admit that Survivor cast slightly more wannabee actors and models than there are in the general population but the people cast are certainly "ordinary Americans".

I want to see interesting people and I want the camera to give us enough time to know them. Now it's all about the challenges, the idol hunts and "The Jeff Show" at TC.

Kellyn was afraid of making tough decision so she chose the simple approach.

Like you, I'm sure Dom knew no one was going to run the table so why go after Chelsea. The reason is simple actually: Chelsea was much better at strategy than what we were shown.

Oh! so now you can read production's intentions! Even in the biggest disaster movies there are some stand-ins that make it to the end.

05-16-18, 07:08 PM (EST)
21. "RE: My List:"
Clearly you don’t know spit about “ordinary Americans.” Your ignorance continues to come to the forefront. So why should any time be further wasted on your spinology assessment of Kellyn?

With ICs and idols, it’s mostly about rewarding those who compete harder, search harder, and show more proactivity. You’ll always have issues with that even though many consider them admirable traits. Traits you will find in middle-class hard-working “ordinary Americans.” Oh, that’s right, you know very little about that.

It’s rare for anyone to win every remaining IC at F8, but that has never stopped challenge threats from being targeted...and sadly, it never will.

Oh! So now you have “stand-ins” written into your unproven and self-defined Survivor “scripts.”

“TURN ME ON DEAD MAN!!!”

05-16-18, 07:21 PM (EST)
24. "RE: My List:"
"Ordinary Americans" are everywhere on TV and I listened enough to it to know what I'm talking about so you really need to apologize for that insult.

The game is a social experiment not "hide n' seek". That's what I like about this game.

Every season has had stand-ins all the way to the end just like any movie has stand-ins. I'm surprised you didn't know that.

05-16-18, 07:33 PM (EST)
27. "RE: My List:"
HMMM if they are everywhere on TV what makes you think THAT'S not scripted as well?? Oh that's right...let's be inconsistent and selectively pick and choose what is rigged, fixed or scripted and what is not.

Quite frankly, it is YOU who owes an entire nation an apology for insulting "ordinary Americans."

05-15-18, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: My List:"
Thank you. And yes it did. I'm expanding my switcheroo twist wish to include her as a replacement for Dom.

Unfortunately I agree with ou about this just may be Dom's story. It doesn't change my placement of him in this thread, I used a different criteria, and maybe there is a such a thing as Karma.

I kind of agree with your list, it seems to be in order of those whose games are stronger. I might have the same list if I were listing on that basis.

05-15-18, 06:13 PM (EST)
12. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 12 Ranking"
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-18 AT 09:12 PM (EST)

I was forced to go off line to have fun this weekend, and couldn't put much besides the BTS thing together until now. And I actually had to write that before the show aired.

But here goes:

Donathan: I'm putting him and Laurel at the top of the list this week because one and/or the other will determine which way the next few weeks of the show will go. Depending on what they do this week. Either the guys will continue to rule if Donathan stays true to them, or the girls will stage a comeback if Laurel and Don back them. They seem to be the vacillating more than the other players and each week have been having to make up their mind about which way they will go. This week either they stage a revolt, or it never happens. Something tells me they will.

Laurel: Like with Donathan, the fate of the game seems to be tied to her decision this week. Less so than with Don, but she's still a likely determinant.

Kellyn: Still a smart cookie, and she still seems to have some influence over Laurel. And with Donathan. So her manipulations could be effective in determining which way the river flows from here on out.

Angela: Should be safe for a week. If the girls manage to come out ahead this week, they'll be voting Wendell out based on their vote last week, and if the guys prevail they'll be voting Kellyn or Laurel out. As a guess.

Sebastian: Like Angela, not a likely target this week.

Dom: In spite of the fact that they all should be targeting Dom, they seem to prefer going after Wendell. So unless they wise up and start thinking straight (which is, I know, not a probablity), Dom will escape targeting for one more week.

Wendell: Based on the voting last week, which should demonstrate to the fence sitters (Don and Laurel) that he can be taken down, I think he's next to go.

Gone Girl Chelsea: Too little too late, too ineffective.

sj007 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-16-18, 05:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sj007 Click to send private message to sj007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 12 Ranking"
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-18 AT 06:04 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-16-18 AT 05:58 PM (EST)

I've seen every survivor season but am pretty new to these boards. Once in awhile I may take a gander if something really pisses me off or CBS interferes one way or another. Let me clarify about casting. I don't mean that I want athletes, celebrities etc. If one of them is an interesting person than ok. That's the point. I have no problem with ordinary people like myself playing. I would rather see that than a rich athlete or celebrity competing. This cast sucks because they are uninteresting, boring, afraid to take risks etc. It's hard for me to root for anyone because of their personalities or who they are as a person. Not very compelling. And when you have 2 guys who are running the show and everyone else is afraid to do anything about it, it's @#$%^&* lame! Why are you there? Just to get to the end. Great, you get to the end but have no shot at winning. No one has a shot at winning if Dom or Wendell are at final tribal. With their idols there should be no reason why they don't get there as much as I despise that idea. That's why I have no respect for players like Laurel. Ride coattails of strong players to the end. And she calls herself a super fan. She has flawed logic like many of the people who don't win. Sounds like Donathan wants to play and make moves but he has no balls to stand up to Laurel. No respect either. So when you have players like Dom and Wendell running the table and you do nothing about it you're either too stupid or too afraid. I would rather get voted out for trying to stop or make a big move then being a mindless drone.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •