The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S36 Ghost Island Ep 8 Ranking"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 2837 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-12-18, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S36 Ghost Island Ep 8 Ranking"
It’s not often I enjoy an episode with only one challenge as much as I did last night. And other than the TC when Michael pulled the stops to loyally try to keep Malolo intact, this last TC is a close second to the most entertaining one this season.

1) WENDELL – If you take away the IC, the rest of the merge episode belonged mostly to Wendell. I give him credit for his valiant effort to try to initiate a truce between Chris and Dom, but Henry Kissinger could have shown up with his Noble Peace Prize and it still would have come up short. He continues to be one cool customer. Wendell knew Dom and himself were at risk, yet if you pulled that toothpick out of his mouth at TC, you’d probably be hard-pressed to find a single tooth mark. He’s solid with Dom, and also with Laurel who has Donathan in her back pocket. Oh, BTW, he also has a HII he found when he sacrificed a few winks of shuteye. All in all, I put Wendell in the best position at this stage of the game.

2) KELLYN – This smart cookie is also one tough hard-nosed competitor as evident at the IC. That was not an easy challenge to last a long time, yet surprisingly many players did just that with Kellyn emerging as the winner.
“That is how you do it on Survivor!”
Whereas, Dom had to distinguish himself as head honcho with his “Dilly, Dilly” toast, it was mostly Kellyn’s confessionals that narrated the merge. Her IC performance may put her on the radar, but probably not enough to be an ADS target.

3) DOM – He’s a douche, but he’s playing hard. He’s gotten his way at the last two TCs. Even though no votes went his way, had he not played the Legacy and did absolutely nothing prior to the votes being read, it could have spooked Chris into thinking Dom/Wendell flipped the votes back to him and Chris might have played his idol ruining the blindside. His next target appears to be Libby. With Dom and his closest ally BOTH possessing HIIs, he may get his way again.

4) MICHAEL – Being on the unfavorable sides of both swaps put him in a scramble mode, so the merge must have felt like Christmas Day as he stated. Consequently, doing what he had to do to stay alive since the initial swap, it was very smart for the teenager to just take a deep breath and let the battles around him play out. With Chris gone, he should be the odds-on favorite to win any physical IC...and he has his HII.

5) LAUREL – I want to move her up, but she’s been out of the major action for a while now. The preview gives us a tease that Laurel may get more proactive. She’ll need to build her resume if she wants to make a case for herself should she get to FTC...especially if she is sitting next to Wendell.

6) DONATHAN – He’s Laurel’s puppy-dog and Dom’s stool pigeon. That makes him a factor in determining who could get to the end. He’s not a challenge threat, so that will be a determining factor for Donathan to get to the end. He would have to seriously self-destruct to have his torch snuffed anytime soon.

7) DESIREE – Made the pitch to target Libby. I could see her lasting longer into the game. This would cause some reduction in her pasteques and, according to a former castaway, they will never fully come back again! *rolling eyes*

8) LIBBY – Morgan targeted her; Dom targeted her; now Desiree has joined the hit parade. I don’t see her smiling her way out of danger. I predict at the next TC idols will be played. If Libby does not have anything to give Jeff, she’ll be joining Chris on the Ponderosa.

9) CHELSEA – She’ll be kept around for her vote. When no longer needed, she’ll be discarded accordingly. Only reason not lower is she did show nice effort in the IC.

10) ANGELA – Libby, not knowing Chris had no vote, will most likely approach Angela on the way back from TC thinking the two votes for her were Chris and Angela. This will force Angela to narc out the other three women. It will leave Angela with no one. She’s pretty much driftwood for the rest of the season.

11) JENNA – If she is unable to establish anything with the object of her affection, her Survivor experience will be a total waste. Her dime-a-dozen involvement in the game has been a waste for the show.

12) SEBASTIAN – Whereas, I’m not surprised with Jenna being a monumental waste of space, I certainly expected more out of Seb. A double eviction next week eliminating both of these casting debacles would be nice.

BOOTED) CHRIS – Understandably, his decision to keep the II will be the main focus of criticism; but I feel he made two larger mistakes. 1) his reluctance for a momentary truce when Dom/Wendell approached him with the olive branch, and 2) Dick-tating Wendell to the other 10 players at the water well. He should have pulled just the original Naviti members (excluding Dom/Wendell) and asked THEM who to split votes with knowing Dom had an idol. Good chance Libby’s name would have come up buying him one more TC and keeping his idol.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 S36 Ghost Island Ep 8 Ranking michel2 04-14-18 1
   RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 8 Ranking Aruba 04-15-18 2
       RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 8 Ranking michel2 04-15-18 3
           RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 8 Ranking Aruba 04-17-18 9
 RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 8 Ranking kingfish 04-16-18 4
   RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 8 Ranking michel2 04-16-18 5
       RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 8 Ranking kingfish 04-16-18 6
           RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 8 Ranking michel2 04-16-18 7
               RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 8 Ranking kingfish 04-17-18 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel2 2730 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-14-18, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "S36 Ghost Island Ep 8 Ranking"
When Jeff gave us the “Previously, on Survivor” recap, he pretty much spoiled the evening: it was going to be all about the war between Dominick and Chris. Even more so, referring to Chris as “the enemy” told us who would lose that war. Having Dom read the legacy advantage rules also told us which weapon he’d be using. Then we had to go through all the montage leading to Chris having an idol to oppose Dominick’s, the idol that JT forgot in camp no less. Curses aren’t being reversed this season but prolonged. The episode ended in an interminable Tribal Council where, despite all of Jeff’s posturing, all we wanted to know was if Chris was going to act as stupidly as JT. It would have been fun to hear where the Lavita name came from, what the lesser characters did during the first few hours of the merger but it was all centered on Dom and Chris and who would be the victim of that war. They even sat Libby between the two because she could have been the collateral damage; the civilian that if often killed instead of the combatants.

1 - Wendell:
The swap had distanced Wendell for Dominick but it didn’t take long for Chris to fuse them back together. Acting as the diplomat can serve Wendell well even if it went nowhere this time. It’s easy to guess that Chris’ plan failed because no one wanted to vote against Wendell. If Wendell can get Naviti back on track and resume eliminating the Malolos, then he’d be very close to the end. Dom can act as a great shield for him. However, if the group wanted to eliminate both Chris and Dom then Wendell could be forced to let his closest ally go.

Libby:

Libby’s strong showing in the Immunity Challenge will only increase the target that’s been put on her back ever since Morgan warned everyone not to trust the cute blonde. If we are to believe the narration that was presented then Chris didn’t play his idol only because he had to be convinced everyone was voting for Libby in order to flush Dom’s idol. If that is the case then the story had to be based on a partial truth and we saw the Naviti women conspiring against Libby. She survived one more dangerous Tribal Council but, rather unfairly, TC will continue to be a hazardous place for Libby.

3- Dominick:

He's certainly not a douche but rather an interesting character. There were only two interesting moments during Tribal Council and the first came when Dominick spoke loudly enough in the voting booth that everyone heard him. Even Chris chuckled. The second one came when Wendell told Chris that he had no talent at rapping. I cannot blame Dom for using the Legacy Advantage especially since it would have been useless for the next 6 TCs but it should have told Chris to play his own idol.

Dominick won the war so what happens next? With so many players cooling their heels while the war was raging on it’s doubtful that the new king will be allowed to rule much longer. Fear keeps you sharp, Dom said but now that his fearsome enemy is gone, will he get too comfortable? He’ll have to work hard to turn the target back to the Malolos because there’s only Wendell that trusts him. Still, with 7 Naviti and 5 Malolo left, it would be risky to eliminate a 3rd Naviti big player in a row. A big alliance is often well served by keeping the minority in check by taking one of them out before turning on their own. Tina did it to perfection is season 2 so if Naviti follows suit, that would give Dom a respite. Would he keep his alliance with Laurel and Donathan intact if he goes after Michael and Libby?

4- Kellyn:

I wonder why Kellyn felt the need to say that the places were distributed randomly at the emrger feast. It’s not something that would come to mind when there’s all that food in front of starving people. Could it be that production wanted us to hear that the seating arrangements were randomly distributed? They need arguments to counter the viewers that are accusing them of making sure Chris would get an idol. Kellyn’s comment seemed too convenient for my taste.

Referring to Dominick as simply Dom while she called Chris by his full name is a rather clear indication of which side of the line Kellyn has chosen. There is a big hole in Kellyn’s story: We didn’t hear what she thought when she realized that Dom and Chelsea had eliminated her co-conspirator and closest ally, Bradley. That hole is even more glaring when we consider she sided with Dom against Chris Noble. It’s possible that she went with Dom only to flush his idol and to quiet his fears. One thing that is constant in her portrayal is her indecisiveness: After coming up with a plan that would have put the original Naviti women in control, she didn’t even vote with Desiree and Angela. Another constant though is that we keep hearing her side of the story and that editing choice is a strong indication that she will be there at then end and even a favorite to win it all.

5- Chelsea:

She also performed well in the Immunity Challenge but her position in the alliance will keep her safe. The lack of substance to her character is rather typical for players who make it to the Final Tribal Council only to fail getting votes. She has very little case to present to the jury.

6- Donathan:

The story had made a big deal of his conversation with Chris about their moms yet, when it came time to choose sides, we didn’t hear at all from Donathan. In fact, he was the informant, the one who told Dom and Wendell that the water well conspiracy was about splitting the votes between the two. What could have been presented as a tough decision for Donathan was simply dismissed. That suggests the investment in his character is simply because he’s one of the last Malolos standing.

7- Michael:

This episode showed Michael’s youth; while the two adult Lion males engaged in mortal combat, this lion cub stayed out of the way. Michael will need an alliance to make it to the end so this could have been his best opportunity: With Desiree and Angela voting against Libby, the 5 remaining Malolos could have made a big strike by sticking together and picking up one Naviti (Sebastian?) that would have been willing to vote against Wendell. Chris would have jumped on the Malolo rescue raft and the remaining Navitis would have been in complete disarray without Wendell. Going along with the majority won’t help Michael when that majority decides it’s his time to leave.

8- Laurel:

“Dom and Chris have been at each other since Day 1. The merge beach is not big enough for both of them. As soon as one of them leaves the room they talk about each other to whoever is around them.”

Laurel’s role has been reduced to narration: She’s telling us what is happening around her but we don’t hear how she wants to shape those events.

9- Jenna:

Libby’s close call showed that Jenna wasn’t quite right in thinking she had more power in this game. She’s not the kind of threat that makes her removal an urgency but they will get to it at some point.

10- Angela:

Once more, her tribe didn’t vote with her but at least this time they didn’t vote against her!

11- Sebastian:

Chris was his boy but we didn’t hear his reasoning for turning in his ally. Sebastian has an insignificant face and an insignificant role. Why was he chosen for this adventure?

12- Desiree:

Desiree didn’t get what she desired but did she get what she needed? She now kows that even her closest allies won't follow her lead so how can she build a case for herself? Desiree doesn't need to worry about her boobs because, like she said, she hasn't lost a pound yet.

PS. Pastèques is the translation of watermelons but it is NEVER used to mean boobs. "Melons" would be the word you are looking for.

Booted - Chris: I would be ready to wager my last dime that the first two bamboo sticks had the same congratulatory message. There was no way that Chris was going to have an idol that was good only for one TC because then he would have had to play it, leaving no room for stupidity and there always has to be room for stupidity in Survivor. His elimination was a clear indication that Survivor follows Darwin’s evolution theory: We had two lions fighting for dominance of the tribe, the young adults like Sebastian and Michael stayed out of the way as did the lioness. The stronger male prevailed...for now. Dominick’s standing will certainly soon be challenged by someone else.
Looking at the events of this evening simply doesn’t make sense.

I simply cannot believe that Chris could be stupid enough to think he shouldn’t play his idol once he saw Dom playing one. Production had to know where everyone was standing so they knew we’d have a clunker of a merger episode with everyone going against Chris so they wrote a nice story in which Chris still goes home but it was spiced up for dramatic effects.

Like they do in police drama, Survivor should come with a warning: "This story is real but the events have been arranged for dramatic effect."

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-15-18, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 8 Ranking"
The fact that the Legacy HAS to be played either at 13 or 6, left little doubt in my mind Dom would play it at last TC...the “Previously, on Survivor” didn’t spoil that for me. With that said, my interest leading up to TC was how Chris would react when Dom did play the Legacy. Even though Chris never bought that silly shell on a string, he saw Dom’s paperwork so he KNEW Dom had an idol.

Chris did NOT want to walk back to camp after saving himself with his idol, BUT knowing Dom would still have his. I really don’t think Chris would have had an issue with BOTH burning their idols and extending the Mano a Mano with neither having an advantage at the next TC. It was the Legacy that threw Chris for a loop. Because Dom received no votes, the Legacy curse was not “officially” reversed, but playing it certainly served its purpose for Dom.

I agree it is unfair for Libby getting caught in the crossfire. And it’s pretty much for just being beautiful. Most of the time that’s an unfair advantage among a cast of young single men unable to control their libidos. It could be an unfair disadvantage among jealous women and married men who have a family to return to. For Libby, the latter applies. BTW, one solid effort does not a challenge stud make. In Koah Rong, Aubry came out of nowhere to push Jason on the brink of a tough fought IC involving weighted discs. It was short-lived when Aubry was unable to come close to that impressive effort again.

You can be a douche AND an interesting character. No debate from me on your assessment of Dom as an interesting character. But when you allow your testosterone to sidetrack your game and keep flapping your trap needlessly even when you publicly admitted how boneheaded you were for doing it on Day One, that qualifies as a “douche” in my book.

If nothing was stated about the random places at the merge feast by Kellyn and Chris, you would have devoted an entire thread to the fix being on. We hear the places were random, so now you obvious and conveniently discount it to further orgasm over your conspiracy theories.

I believe Kellyn gives thought to everything she is doing as opposed to your “indecisive” portrayal. Targeting Libby was Desiree (and Angela’s) idea. In the end, Kellyn went with Dom and Wendell as opposed to Desiree and Angela. No question in my mind she made the best decision for her game. She’s the Smarty!

Michael’s youth had absolutely nothing to do with wanting to stay out of harm’s way with the battle waging between Dom and Chris. It was the appropriate thing to do for this past episode. But you are right in saying he will need to do more than just going along with the majority to get to the end. He’ll need to build on to what he did when he proactively went out and found his HII.

How do you know Desiree has not lost a pound...how does she even know she hasn’t lost a pound? Everyone at this stage of the game has experienced some weight loss.
PS: “Melons” come in various sizes; “watermelons” are huge.

I can’t believe Chris would be “stupid” enough not to play his idol either...a greedy risktaker...absolutely. Dom did not play his IDOL; he played his Legacy. Big difference especially when Chris knew for sure Dom still had his IDOL for next TC after playing his Legacy at this one.

Keep searching those album covers and listening to those LPs for cryptic clues. Hey, whatever floats your boat.

“DUM-DA-DUM-DUM...the story you’re about to see is true; the names and events have been changed to protect the innocent.”
The opening line of Dragnet spoken by “Joe Friday.”

I think I’ll start calling you “Michel Wednesday.” LMAO!!!

04-15-18, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 8 Ranking"
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-18 AT 01:53 PM (EST)

>The fact that the Legacy HAS
>to be played either at
>13 or 6, left little
>doubt in my mind Dom
>would play it at last
>TC...the “Previously, on Survivor” didn’t
>spoil that for me. With
>that said, my interest leading
>up to TC was how
>Chris would react when Dom
>did play the Legacy. Even
>though Chris never bought that
>silly shell on a string,
>he saw Dom’s paperwork so
>he KNEW Dom had an
>idol.
>
>Chris did NOT want to walk
>back to camp after saving
>himself with his idol, BUT
>knowing Dom would still have
>his. I really don’t think
>Chris would have had an
>issue with BOTH burning their
>idols and extending the Mano
>a Mano with neither having
>an advantage at the next
>TC. It was the Legacy
>that threw Chris for a
>loop. Because Dom received no
>votes, the Legacy curse was
>not “officially” reversed, but playing
>it certainly served its purpose
>for Dom.

No matter if it was called a Legacy advantage or an immunity idol, any sensible human being would have played his idol when he saw that his target had just become immune. Through player interviews, production realized that Chris had absolutely NO CHANCE of winning this game, they showed him their evidence and then asked him if he'd agree to go out with a bang. Chris agreed to follow the script.

>I agree it is unfair for
>Libby getting caught in the
>crossfire. And it’s pretty much
>for just being beautiful. Most
>of the time that’s an
>unfair advantage among a cast
>of young single men unable
>to control their libidos. It
>could be an unfair disadvantage
>among jealous women and married
>men who have a family
>to return to. For Libby,
>the latter applies. BTW, one
>solid effort does not a
>challenge stud make. In Koah
>Rong, Aubry came out of
>nowhere to push Jason on
>the brink of a tough
>fought IC involving weighted discs.
>It was short-lived when Aubry
>was unable to come close
>to that impressive effort again.

Danni was extremely beautiful yet she skated by. Natalie White was another extremely beautiful woman and she wasn't targeted. Jenna was featured in Playboy while Amber did some photos for Maxim I think it was, yet they both skated by. Libby is targeted because of Morgan's parting words: "Do not trust the cute blonde".

>You can be a douche AND
>an interesting character. No debate
>from me on your assessment
>of Dom as an interesting
>character. But when you allow
>your testosterone to sidetrack your
>game and keep flapping your
>trap needlessly even when you
>publicly admitted how boneheaded you
>were for doing it on
>Day One
, that qualifies as
>a “douche” in my book.

Admitting to making a boneheaded comment is the exact opposite of being a "douche". A "douche" would never admit being wrong. Dom is a strong player who tried everything to reconcile with Chris but the model had his own agenda.

>If nothing was stated about the
>random places at the merge
>feast by Kellyn and Chris,
>you would have devoted an
>entire thread to the fix
>being on. We hear the
>places were random, so now
>you obvious and conveniently discount
>it to further orgasm over
>your conspiracy theories.

If it truly was random then why even mention it? Kellyn mentioned it because she was asked to mention it. I don't have orgasms over my conspiracy theory. I'd say the exact opposite: It saddens me to no end that my favorite TV show is turning into a soap opera with production doing everything it can to give us a "good episode." The players should be doing that, not Probst and staff.

>I believe Kellyn gives thought to
>everything she is doing as
>opposed to your “indecisive” portrayal.
>Targeting Libby was Desiree (and
>Angela’s) idea. In the end,
>Kellyn went with Dom and
>Wendell as opposed to Desiree
>and Angela. No question in
>my mind she made the
>best decision for her game.
>She’s the Smarty!

Kellyn also mentioned wanting to get rid of Libby. Some voiced comments were heard in voice-over but Kellyn's voice was recognizable. The scene made us think she'd vote against Libby but then she changed her mind for no reason. That makes her wishy-washy.

>Michael’s youth had absolutely nothing to
>do with wanting to stay
>out of harm’s way with
>the battle waging between Dom
>and Chris. It was the
>appropriate thing to do for
>this past episode. But you
>are right in saying he
>will need to do more
>than just going along with
>the majority to get to
>the end. He’ll need to
>build on to what he
>did when he proactively went
>out and found his HII.

I certainly hope he does more than just play an idol. It's sad that this social game is being turned into a scavenger hunt. We already had a few reality TV shows based on similar hunts, "Treasure Hunters" and "Pirate Master" for example and both were duds. Survivor is now a dud.

>How do you know Desiree has
>not lost a pound...how does
>she even know she hasn’t
>lost a pound? Everyone at
>this stage of the game
>has experienced some weight loss.

I was going by her words after the feast: "I'm back to my original weight."
I certainly know that it cannot be an exact statement but it certainly tells us she hasn't lost much fat.

>PS: “Melons” come in various sizes;

Boobs also.

>“watermelons” are huge.

If they can be compared to melons, whatever type of melons, then we are talking about large boobs.

>I can’t believe Chris would be
>“stupid” enough not to play
>his idol either...a greedy risktaker...absolutely.
>Dom did not play his
>IDOL; he played his Legacy.
>Big difference

I seriously doubt it made ANY difference to Chris.

>especially when Chris
>knew for sure Dom still
>had his IDOL for next
>TC after playing his Legacy
>at this one.

Yep, Chris knew he was doomed so why not show all the TV people around that he can act? He was given a script and he read his lines perfectly.

I'm glad that you still whole-heartedly support this show. I'm sorry that I can't. I really should leave and let you have your fun but I've come to like this place more than the show itself.

04-17-18, 08:05 PM (EST)
9. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 8 Ranking"
>No matter if it was called
>a Legacy advantage or an
>immunity idol, any sensible human
>being would have played his
>idol when he saw that
>his target had just become
>immune. Through player
>interviews, production realized that Chris
>had absolutely NO CHANCE of
>winning this game, they showed
>him their evidence and then
>asked him if he'd agree
>to go out with a
>bang. Chris agreed to
>follow the script.

LMW 28IF
Linda McCartney Weeps; Paul would have been 28 IF he was still alive...

>Danni was extremely beautiful yet she
>skated by. Natalie White
>was another extremely beautiful woman
>and she wasn't targeted.
>Jenna was featured in Playboy
>while Amber did some photos
>for Maxim I think it
>was, yet they both skated
>by. Libby
>is targeted because of Morgan's
>parting words: "Do not
>trust the cute blonde".

Danni kicked butt in the tribe immunity challenges and won key individual ICs down the stretch. That’s one helluva “skate.” Natalie White’s blissful ignorance allowed her to swallow the crap Hantz was feeding her. She emerged victorious because the man who owned that season carried her to the end. Amb”a” was likewise carried by Boston Rob. Jenna didn’t “skate” by. By being casted in a battle of the sexes season, the guys were so horny come swap time they were intent to keep the beautiful women around. And Jenna won key individual ICs down the stretch to ensure her victory.

>Admitting to making a boneheaded comment
>is the exact opposite of
>being a "douche". A
>"douche" would never admit being
>wrong. Dom is
>a strong player who tried
>everything to reconcile with Chris
>but the model had his
>own agenda.

Admitting or apologizing for being a bonehead is the opposite of a douche WHEN YOU ARE SINCERE. When you do the same darn thing again despite an admission or apology that is NOT sincerity. That is being a douche.

>If it truly was random then
>why even mention it?
>Kellyn mentioned it because she
>was asked to mention it.
> I don't have orgasms
>over my conspiracy theory.
>I'd say the exact opposite:
> It saddens me to
>no end that my favorite
>TV show is turning into
>a soap opera with production
>doing everything it can to
>give us a "good episode."
> The players should be
>doing that, not Probst and
>staff.

It was mentioned because, contrary to your desires, we are NOT watching a who-dunnit murder mystery. Survivor is a competitive game. And watching any competition on TV, events are mentioned. It’s called a play-by-play.

>Kellyn also mentioned wanting to get
>rid of Libby. Some
>voiced comments were heard in
>voice-over but Kellyn's voice was
>recognizable. The scene made
>us think she'd vote against
>Libby but then she changed
>her mind for no reason.
> That makes her wishy-washy.

Anyone within earshot to Angela, who everyone knows is Chris’ closest ally, would want to say Libby is the target so Angela could carry the ticking bomb to Chris and make him feel confident Libby would be getting four votes when your intention all along is to vote Chris out. That approach has a word...it’s called—BLINDSIDE.

>I certainly hope he does more
>than just play an idol.
> It's sad that this
>social game is being turned
>into a scavenger hunt.
>We already had a few
>reality TV shows based on
>similar hunts, "Treasure Hunters" and
>"Pirate Master" for example and
>both were duds. Survivor
>is now a dud.

We also had a Reality Show based predominantly on a social game, “MTV Real World” for example and that’s a dud. The reason Survivor blows that show away is because it incorporates out-hustling, out-searching, proactivity, etc. to enhance the competition level of the GAME.

>>PS: “Melons” come in various sizes;
>
>Boobs also.
>
>>“watermelons” are huge.
>
>If they can be compared to
>melons, whatever type of melons,
>then we are talking about
>large boobs.

I’m not sure where you’re trying to go with this because “watermelons” regardless what language we’re speaking is being used as a metaphor to the size of Desiree’s lolos. Do the French not use “metaphors???”

>I seriously doubt it made ANY
>difference to Chris.

Doubt it all you wish. Dom having TWO advantages to Chris’ ONE was a big difference. Having to go back to camp empty-handed knowing Dom would still have his idol was worth the risk not buring his HII. And when you consider Angela probably ran to Chris and told him Libby would be getting four votes, made it a calculated risk in his mind.

>I'm glad that you still whole-heartedly
>support this show. I'm
>sorry that I can't.
>I really should leave and
>let you have your fun
>but I've come to like
>this place more than the
>show itself.

As I’ve stated numerous times, if you are all in on the show being completely rigged, then be consistent and believe that wholeheartedly regardless which players you like or dislike.

kingfish 20274 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-16-18, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 8 Ranking"
So far, for me there is only one or two real bright spots in the race to F3, Kellyn and Laurel. But the way this game goes it's tough to really predict.

Looking good for F3, the promised land;

Kellyn Still a narrator, still a sensible thinker. She, to me, seems most likely to be at F3.

Laurel Has game. Has editing. Another strong F3 possibility.

Desiree Seems to be floating along nicely, could float to F3.

In Limbo - Has some chance for F3;

Michael A standout competitor, and a smart strategist. So much capability that I just can't see the others not getting rid of him. I like his game, and (repeating) I would like the irony of him winning (youngest guy beating out the older people), but I think he'll need an immunity run coupled with HI luck to make it to F3.

Libby How could anyone vote to oust sweet cheeks? The other females would in a heartbeat, that's who. And Dom. Fair athlete, she sees thru Dom's BS, she seems to be thinking game thoughts, and she should score an IC win or two. But to last 9(?) TCs is asking a bit much for her with Dom and possibly the some of the other women ready to vote her out. However, if Dom goes next, and she has her IC win(s) after that with some of the floater women being booted, she could skate thru long enough to outlast those who would be inclined to vote her out.

Donathan Also shares narrating duties. Meek, mild Clark Kent, willing to go along but is watching which way the tides of power flow. Too nice really for F3, he probably won't make it. But if he does, he could win. Which is why he should be booted before then.

Chelsea Floater. Will last a couple more TCs. It's hard to see her winning an athletic challenge.

Jenna Ditto for Chelsea.

Going to the Purgatory that is the Ponderosa;

Angela Ditto for her too, she's probably more athletic, but she's also more inflexible in her thinking. I see military stiffness in her decision making, and that will affect her ability to discern what people are thinking and adapt to the constantly changing situations. And she's pretty annoying.

Sebastian Very few are more poorly prepared for this game. This kid is hopeless so far. By rights he should go after Dom.

Dom Now that Chris is done, Dom should be next to go. His Legacy is gone, the only dumbass that his fake HI fooled is gone, and if his ego prevents him from seeing that the crosshairs are on him now, he will be next.

Chris A popular boot vote, and the sole occupant on his fantasy world. Agree that his incomprehensible decision not to take advantage of Wendell's attempt to patch things up with Dom (or at least to pretend to) was a major mistake. Probably not the biggest one though, I think the gang had pretty much decided all along that he was the next bootee, and that all the drama was just to mask what was an all but inevitable vote.

04-16-18, 04:55 PM (EST)
5. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 8 Ranking"
From what we see Desiree and Chelsea are both floating along but Chelsea was in on Kellyn's decision not to vote against Libby while Desiree wasn't. I'd say that means Chelsea is floating closer to the F3 while Desiree is left well out in the deep...where Angela is.

04-16-18, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 8 Ranking"
Good point. Sort of. I wasn't really that far from adding Desiree to the amorphous mass that is the Survivor Sargasso Sea floaters. I didn't because she seemed more thoughtful in her confessionals. I also think she has an edge challenge wise over the other floaters. Over all the women but maybe Libby, actually.

04-16-18, 07:42 PM (EST)
7. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 8 Ranking"
She's certainly not better than the others in puzzles! Also, ever since she rifled through Stephanie's bag, I see her as a weasel.

04-17-18, 11:40 AM (EST)
8. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 8 Ranking"
Yeah, she is a weasel. A bold little bunny for sure.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •