The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Logistics of Finding Idols"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel2 2718 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-09-18, 09:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Logistics of Finding Idols"
In a recent podcast on RHAP Joe Mena, a player who found a few Hidden Immunity idols said he'd watch the cameramen go off to follow Dr. Mike, then he'd follow the cameramen himself.
Tyson used to say: "The camera crew will tell you what you have to pay attention to.”

Those remarks led Damnbueno, a RHAP Poster to write:
“Last season's cast followed Ben wherever he went. So when Production wanted to drop an Idol in front of him, they could only do it when the other players couldn't follow him -- when he went to the bathroom, or to film a confessional. And Ashley confirmed in post-game that Ben's confessionals took much longer to film than anyone else's. This reaffirms my suspicion about Domenick finding an Idol. He's the aggressive, alpha male type Probst loves, and despite being in pitch black darkness, he manages to find an Idol without a clue? And he "just happens" to be totally alone? His Idol find may have been just like one of Ben's. If the camera crew stops following you, it might mean they want you to come back to where they're standing, and look for the Idol in that spot.”

This and the exchange with Kingfish made me think about the logistics of going on an idol hunt at night. While production is very secretive about the way they work around camp, we do know some things: First of all, unless they are going alone to the bathroom, players cannot leave camp without a camera crew. If they were allowed to roam on their own, we’d expect there would have been a few idols found without a TV crew to film it yet ALL idol have been found while the player was being filmed. We also know that camera crews leave the tribes alone at night. After all, the cameramen have their regular schedule, their regular breaks. Microphones and surveillance cameras stay turned on to catch anyone walking up but, if a player wants to go out on his own to look for an idol, he must request a crew beforehand.

Right there, a big question arises: Do all player requests get a positive answer? Most players say they want to go look for idols but very few do. I’d say we cannot dismiss the idea that some players aren’t allowed to go out to look for idols under the pretext that there are no camera crews available at the time they made their request.

The next question arises from the fact that every time a player goes on a night hunt, they are successful. You’d expect some would fail but, no, they all miraculously get their hands on the coveted idol. Of course, the fact that the players are limited to a very small area certainly helps. On TV, they might look like secluded beaches but they really are small, restricted portions of land that belong to the luxury resorts where Jeff and his crew spend their nights.

So we have a player like Ben or Domenick mentioning during their interviews that they’d like to go hunt for an idol during the night. Production, judging on whether or not that player having an idol will help their story, may or may not assign them a camera crew. If they send a crew then the player is allowed to leave camp alone. While they are searching for the idol, the camera crew could very well be playing a game of hot or cold by staying close to the area where the idol is located. A smart player will quickly catch on and concentrate his search on the trees where the camera is pointing. Meanwhile, even if the players left behind at camp wanted to go look for the hunter, they wouldn’t be allowed to leave camp without a camera crew. I think we had an example of that this week with Michael's search: Angela knew Michael had gone to look for the idol but she didn't follow him. Why not? Laziness? Maybe. That, or she wasn't authorized to leave camp. She certainly seemed curious even anxious to see if he had found one.

Survivor is Reality TV but the product we are shown isn’t real...

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Logistics of Finding Idols Aruba 04-09-18 1
 RE: The Logistics of Finding Idols Aruba 04-10-18 2
   RE: The Logistics of Finding Idols michel2 04-10-18 3
       RE: The Logistics of Finding Idols Aruba 04-11-18 4
 A Demonstration! michel2 04-12-18 5
   RE: A Demonstration! A REFRAIN!!... Aruba 04-13-18 6
       A Demonstration of Production's in... michel2 04-13-18 7
           RE: A Demonstration of Production'... Aruba 04-13-18 8
               RE: A Demonstration of Production'... michel2 04-14-18 9
                   RE: A Demonstration of Production'... Aruba 04-14-18 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Aruba 2834 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-09-18, 09:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Logistics of Finding Idols"
PAUL IS A DEAD MAN. MISS HIM. MISS HIM

TURN ME ON DEAD MAN

IIIIII BURRRRIED PAAAAUL!!!

Seems to me you do a rather fine job promoting the product as "real" when one of your favorites win or finishes high. When someone plays harder, searches harder, competes harder, you come up with more conspiracy theories to cheapen their proactive efforts...probably because it is what YOUR favorites are lacking.

If you're going to cry foul, at least bellyache CONSISTENTLY.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-10-18, 05:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Logistics of Finding Idols"
LAST EDITED ON 04-10-18 AT 05:43 AM (EST)

You wrote “...yet ALL idols have been found while the player was being filmed.” Not so. Hogeboom in Guatemala was not shown finding his idol, and Homanda in Skankivor: Micronesia was not shown finding hers. Finding an idol is a big proactive part of the game, so naturally it will be filmed an overwhelming number of times. And think about it: If they weren’t shown finding the idol, it would provide so much fodder for all the conspiracy theorists...even more than we are subjected to now. Could you imagine the viewers not happy over who possesses an idol (not shown being found during the telecast) bellyaching that one of their non-favorite players was “Coltoned” the idol by Production.??? Sweet Mother of Mercy!!

Hey, if keeping a sharp eye on a cameraperson who might inadvertently be looking at a spot or following someone else leads to an idol find, kudos to that proactive player. Losers who got outplayed and out-searched by the eventual winner will, not surprisingly, come up with excuses and feeble reasons why they got out-searched rather than admit they got outplayed by a more proactive player. Hey, let’s call that “The Logistics of a sore-losing Castaway unhappy with the final result.” If players were flat-out PREVENTED from searching only to see another ALLOWED to search who may pull out an idol at a future TC and contribute to the “disallowed” castaway’s boot, they would have plenty to say about it! The whistleblower approach would be much too great.

Funny you bring up Joe and Ashley from last season, yet “conveniently” continue to discount someone who played more than half the game and would be privy to all this so-called monkey business you’re whining about. Desi would have known all this conspiracy rubbish going on if it was true, yet she appropriately shamed all at FTC for allowing Ben to find the idols he did. BTW, Ben’s tribemates would have a pretty difficult time following him around while they were sleeping.

The reason many do not go rogue if because the fear is too great of being targeted for going out searching...a rather legitimate concern. We know Survivor life could wreak havoc on a person’s insides. Instead of blindly assuming Angela may not have been ALLOWED to follow Michael, perhaps Michael faked an “intestinal episode” ready to occur and used that as an excuse to go off on his own. You think he would allow Angela to follow him to hold his hand why doing his business and wipe his ass for good measure when he’s done?!

Well, I suspect I’ve provided a chockfull of straw for a Rumpelstiltskin to “SPIN” enough gold to fill Fort Knox!

04-10-18, 07:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Logistics of Finding Idols"
We saw Hogeboom following Judd in the forest and then looking up in trees instead of on the ground. We saw Amanda digging under the tribe's flag where the clue had directed her. In other words BOTH were accompanied by a TV crew and their search was caught on film. The fact that the actual find was left on the editor's floor changes nothing of what I wrote:

The cameras were there.

Yes, some players are afrais of creating a negative impression but not everyone. EVERY idol find was accompanied by a TV crew so that tells us that they need to have one available.

Michael walked straight out of camp saying he didn't care if he was followed. Angela did follow him to the edge of camp and we heard her say that he was certainly looking for an idol. She had nothing to do but follow him, no dishes, no cooking and certainly no sleeping, yet she didn't follow him. I'm considering the possibility that she was told she couldn't because of the TV crews availability. It's a better explaination than saying the ex-military woman was too lazy.

04-11-18, 06:46 PM (EST)
4. "RE: The Logistics of Finding Idols"
Rather than just rehash what I already appropriately stated or cite more inconsistencies, and with tonight’s episode upcoming shortly, I’ll conclude this week’s threads by saying...YEP, just as I called it...

SPIN that straw...back up the Brink’s truck and start unloading the cargo into Fort Knox.

♪ “No one else will win this game, for Rumpelstiltskin is his name” ♫

It’s been decades since I read a Brothers Grimm Fairy Tale, but I’m pretty sure that’s close to how the song was sung.

You just keep on spinning, Michel... LOL!
Hey, you know I still luv ya, Man!!

04-12-18, 09:13 PM (EST)
5. "A Demonstration!"
Right on cue, Chris' idol showed just how many other idol finds could have happened. There was only one TV crew and it was designed to accompany Chris and the others had no way of following him. Then the idol itself was in full view, Chris only having to follow the yellow brick road. How perfect for their story!

04-13-18, 05:38 AM (EST)
6. "RE: A Demonstration! A REFRAIN!!!"
All Chris’ idol demonstrated was acting on a clue to an idol or advantage usually found during the merge feast or occasionally during a RC. This is not a rare occurrence. When only ONE castaway comes away with the clue from the merge or RC, there’s no need for more than one cameraman to follow that person. The challenge for Chris was to break away from the others unnoticed, not what he had to do to get the idol when arriving at GI. Once he successfully accomplished that feat of slipping away from the others, he would be presented with the idol.

Other than being able to slip away at night while the others were sleeping, it is only your patented SPIN and your desire to continue to bury Paul that attempts to apply this apples-to-orange comparison to your conspiracy theories.

Let’s break out the refrain once again...

♪ “No one else will win this game, for Rumpelstiltskin is his name” ♫

04-13-18, 12:55 PM (EST)
7. "A Demonstration of Production's influence "
In your rankings, you wrote: "...this last TC is a close second to the most entertaining one this season..."

This last TC would not have been as entertaining if Chris didn't have an idol. If the clue had been hidden in say Chelsea's buff the whole bang for your buck effect would have been lost. The idol went to the person who needed it the most and who could be made to look the dumbest if he didn't use it.

The whole thing was fixed and you're buying it.

04-13-18, 06:44 PM (EST)
8. "RE: A Demonstration of Production's influence "
TC was entertaining because of Dom. The entertainment was capped off with Wendell’s hysterical commentary when showing his vote. ALL that happens whether or not Chris had an idol. That TC goes down as we saw it regardless who went to GI to retrieve the idol.

Chris cemented his idiocy BEFORE TC when he marched the 10 castaways (less Dom and Wendell) to the water well to force a Dom/Wendell split vote. Deciding not to play the idol was more of a greedy risk than stupidity. But according to you, Chris can’t be dumb nor greedy because “the whole thing was fixed.”

”Turn me on, Dead Man”

04-14-18, 10:59 AM (EST)
9. "RE: A Demonstration of Production's influence "
TC was entertaining only because we didn't know the outcome and we didn't know the outcome ONLY because Chris had an idol to play. All the details were fixed including seating Libby between Chris and Dom since she could have been the victim of a double idol play.

04-14-18, 01:05 PM (EST)
10. "RE: A Demonstration of Production's influence "
IIIIIIIIIIIII BURRRRRRRRIED PAUUUUUUUUL !!!!!!!!!!!!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •