The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S36 Ghost Island Ep 5 Ranking"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 2788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-22-18, 08:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S36 Ghost Island Ep 5 Ranking"
We have now witnessed the Malolo “best tribe ever” claim go from entertaining, to humorous, to ridiculous, and should now officially be confirmed a fallacy. Stick a harpoon in it!

1) MICHAEL – He certainly put himself out there at the last TC, so had every reason to fear his Survivor experience may soon come to an abrupt end. He had no enhanced cleavage to flash, nor did he make any skank offers to braid Sebastian’s hair. What he did pledge was his 100% effort to help win challenges and move forward as a dedicated ally. What a breath of fresh air to see that ultimately was enough to keep him. To be able to compose himself at TC when you knew, as evident from his confessionals, his possible departure from the game was weighing very heavy on this mind, continued to impress.

2) LAUREL – We know she’s an Ivy League grad and an intercollegiate athlete, but it’s her social game that continues to shine. The day one connection she had with Donathan was solidified even more with their interaction this episode. It’s a bond you couldn’t separate now with a crowbar and blowtorch. She’s all but got Donathan eating out of a doggie bowl for her. If she could interact in the same manner and get similar results with a few more, she’ll be off and running. Female castaways, take note—you do not need dental floss wardrobe, or have to skank yourself out to use “personal interaction” as your gameplay strategy.

3) KELLYN – I can now understand why Bradley took exception to being called out and targeted as the “leader’ of Naviti during the previous TC. By my determination I see Kellyn as the one calling the shots. She’s done an excellent job keeping the five strong...but now after seeing the preview, that task may become more challenging.

4) CHRIS – Still think he did nothing to “advance his position?” If not for his efforts staging a comeback for the ages in the previous episode, he would not even be part of this week’s ranking. He continues to rack up MVP challenge honors, and he proactively initiated a “personal interaction” with Donathan momentarily winning him over showing he DOES have some social game.

5) DONATHAN – He’s now established a connection with Laurel AND Chris. What will transpire after Jeff announces to drop the buffs could be crucial for him. If he separates from BOTH Laurel and Chris, he may be in a scramble mood, otherwise he’s in good shape to advance to the merge...assuming the “Drop your buffs” is not a merge.

6) LIBBY – With our blow-up doll now deflated, Libby becomes the primary source for eye-appealing backdrop. She’ll need to prove she’s more than just attractive scenery to move up the list.

7) DOM – This whole episode was pretty much a SHHHHHHHHHHH for Dom. He’s got two more hurdles to clear until he gets to the lucky 13 stage of the game when he’ll have an opportunity to reverse the curse. Actually, should only be one hurdle when you consider his HII. You got to think at least one of the curses will be reversed this season.

8) WENDEL – If Dom is unable to reach the 13-remaining stage, then you’ve got to figure Wendell would get willed the Legacy. A rather nice advantage to toss into his “hitched wagon.”

9) JAMES – It was a kick poking fun at his ineptness in the challenges early on. Now, not a whole lot to write home about. Unless he does something ridiculously negative, he should be a lock to make the merge. At that point, unless he does something proactively positive, he should be a lock for a post-merge boot.

10) SEBASTIAN – I’m digging that he doesn’t appear to be all-in with Jenna’s advancements. Quite honestly, in my younger years when I sported long hair, if a chick like Jenna approached me and asked to braid MY hair...I’d boot her away and tell her to try her luck at an Indian reservation.

11) ANGELA – Nothing doing this episode...which could have moved her up, but I’m keeping Ms. Irrelevant here for now.

12) BRADLEY – As annoying as he is, at least he’s proactively playing; so that’s not a bad thing. If this proposed game twist should put him in the minority, he’ll be fresh wood in a termite colony.

13) JENNA – Was wishing she’d been the one booted this episode. Compared to the attractiveness of a Libby, Stephanie, or Chelsea, she’s not hott enough to successfully play the skank card. And we kinda saw that this episode.

14) CHELSEA – It took five episodes to finally write a Survivor related analysis on her—so here goes...Hey girl, you flat-out SUCKED at the IC! And don’t shovel any horse manure that she intended to lose so NuMalolo would go back to TC again. If it was intentionally thrown, we would have heard about the tactic at camp prior to the IC.

15) DESIREE – Going through another’s personal belongings is a pet peeve of mine. I would have thought better of her if the camera caught her “licking her lips” while taking a “long hard look” at a male castaway’s crotch.

BOOTED) STEPHANIE – Those bikini poses on Ghost Island made this episode’s boot all the more tough to accept. Although, when you’ve exposed as much plastic lolos as our “Puritan Nation” will allow, and you’ve completely exhausted the struggling single mom sob story, I can reside to good riddance.
I do have Stephanie to thank for Michel introducing me to “Lolos” making it the third French phrase in my international repertoire. The other two being “French Fries” and “French Toast.”

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 5 Ranking michel2 03-23-18 1
   RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 5 Ranking Aruba 03-24-18 2
       RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 5 Ranking michel2 03-24-18 3
           RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 5 Ranking Aruba 03-24-18 4
               RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 5 Ranking michel2 03-24-18 5
                   RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 5 Ranking Aruba 03-25-18 7
                       RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 5 Ranking michel2 03-25-18 9
                           RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 5 Ranking Aruba 03-27-18 11
                               RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 5 Ranking michel2 03-27-18 13
 RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 5 Ranking kingfish 03-24-18 6
   RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 5 Ranking Aruba 03-25-18 8
       RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 5 Ranking michel2 03-25-18 10
           RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 5 Ranking Aruba 03-27-18 12
               RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 5 Ranking michel2 03-27-18 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel2 2647 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-23-18, 11:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 5 Ranking"
I think we can now understand Jacob’s premiere remark about Malolo being the best tribe ever; it wasn’t meant as prophecy but rather as irony. Malolo is quickly becoming one of the worse tribes ever! While it originally looked like an early season showdown, the rivalry between Chris and Domenick will be this season’s main battle. Naviti’s other characters have been so poorly outlined that we don’t truly understand the dynamics of the tribe that will dominate the game once we reach the merger. Only Angela, Sebastian and Wendell can be put in one corner or the other. For the rest, we have no idea how Bradley, Kellyn, Chelsea and Desiree would vote in a battle between Domenick and Chris. Malolo itself is flip-flopping between the two so the outcome of that fight will be huge.

As for editing, have we ever had an episode with so few confessionals? Before it came down to Malolo’s voting decision, only 7 of the 16 players had given us interviews and one of those isn’t there anymore.

1- Michael:

Yes, he wanted to show loyalty to Naviti but he had to understand that his only hope was another swap. If he had realized this, then maybe he would have voted with Stephanie instead of against her, letting her have a bit of hope. Fortunately, he wasn’t the only one who didn’t think of the upcoming swap because it was his challenge strength that saved him. Now this tribe won’t need his skills. Besides Donathan, he is the only well developed positive character so we have to expect the see him go soon in this season of levelling from the bottom.

2- Donathan:

This gentle young man is too likable for this game. He’ll be used for his vote but then he’ll be dispatched, probably when it’s time to get rid of the last Malolo standing.

3- Laurel:

While she thought she made a solid bond with Donathan, we saw that he was ready to go against her wishes. It’s not a good sign that she couldn’t keep track of Donathan’s wavering loyalties. The only hope left for Malolo is with these four but now even they don’t seem to be on the same page.

4- Domenick:
Shouldn’t he have been keeping an eye on Chris? If it’s bad to let someone wander around for an idol, it’s even worse when you let your ally fraternize with the enemy.

5- Wendell:

Like Domenick, he let Chris score all the points. No, not the ones he scored during the reward challenge but in camp where it really mattered.

6- Libby

She’s lucky to have swapped to this side of the island but what power will she have once we reach the merger? Most likely none.

7- Chris:

After being the MVP of the reward challenge and claiming the chocolate pastries for himself, Chris had his typical arrogant interview.

Domenick may have the idols but Chris is plugging into the viewers’ sympathy, first by telling us about his mother’s illness then by connecting with this season’s likable nerd. If Caleb became likable by associating with Tai, then it won’t be long before Chris’ connection to Donathan pays off nicely.

8- Bradley:

Unfortunately for us, the swap gave this complainer the upper hand and now he’ll have an easy way guiding his sheep all the way to the end. If he’s smart, he’ll let the two big boys in Naviti fight it out to the death and when both are weakened, he’ll use his puppets to take over the end game.

9- James:

James’s confessional is really telling in what it doesn’t say. The Malolo four, who are in a good situation on the new Naviti, were shown at the reward challenge that the other half of Malolo was in deep trouble. Instead of looking to work with Chris, James should be thinking of throwing the next Immunity Challenge to save what he can of his overall numbers. Like the other Malolos, he’s just a small fish that has to be tossed out of the way before we get to the main battle, namely the war between the two original leaders of Naviti.

10- Jenna

She is clearly out of her element and only her partnership with Stephanie gave us the impression that she could navigate through this game.

11- Angela:

She is the A or the H pawn in chess, not really in play until Chris needs her vote.

12- Kellyn:

She is hardly leader material; I’ve rarely seen anyone being as wishy-washy as Kellyn: Chelsea says Jenna is weak so they should vote her out, Kellyn agrees. Chelsea tells Kellyn that the others want to vote Stephanie instead, so Kellyn is ready to switch. Bradley points out that Michael is even more dangerous than Stephanie, Kellyn will vote out Michael. Maybe some will call that adapting but I call it being as changeable and as dependable as the weather.

13- Chelsea:

It’s funny that she wanted to eliminate Jenna because of her weakness. It’s Chelsea’s weakness that will enable her to float all the way to the end.

14- Sebastian:

Jenna completely misread the Naviti dynamics if she thought Sebastian had any say in the vote. This guy isn’t smart enough to decide anything besides how to braid his hair.

15- Desiree

I remember the women’s reaction when Alex riffled through Yau Man’s bag in the original Fiji season. It seems that violating personal property isn’t a crime anymore in Fiji. From a viewer’s point of view though, it was despicable. What else is new with Naviti; some showed us their arrogance, others were terrible complainers and now we have this genuine weasel.

Booted- Stephanie: In her final words, Stephanie said practically the opposite of what Brendan said. Since you hated what he said so much, I was expecting a little more praise this time.

Usually, Survivor is edited to make us appreciate the outcome but this episode and this season have been truly poorly presented. Most of the likable players are at the mercy of unthinking voters, players unwilling to budge, unwilling to take a risk. As soon as we got to the immunity challenge, we knew this episode could only have one of 2 outcomes: It was either going to be Stephanie or Michael going home. Then TC was nothing but pathetic; the cameras didn’t even try hiding the outcome, showing Kellyn crying when Stephanie made her plea, smiling at Jenna’s. The decision was so evident that even Michael and Jenna voted for Stephanie. At least, Stephanie wasn't a turncoat because she voted for one of the Naviti Five. What a waste of time this is turning out to be. With Malolo becoming the one of the worse tribes ever, we are heading for a Bradley, Kellyn, Chelsea, Desiree, Sebastian and Angela Final 6. Nauseating.

PS. The IC result was once more spoiled. Did you notice it this time, Aruba? The "Next Time on Survivor" scene had shown Jenna flirting with Sebastian, you even made a big fuss about it but that scene hadn't been shown before the IC. Once more, I knew the cameras HAD to be heading back to Malolo after the challenge so they had to be the losers.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

03-24-18, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 5 Ranking"
LAST EDITED ON 03-24-18 AT 12:12 PM (EST)

I really enjoyed your analysis with this ranking. Good read.

Assessing Jacob’s “best tribe ever” claim as a misfired irony is an agreeable call. I can understand your disappointment with the player you ranked the highest two weeks in a row getting booted. I would be feeling the same way if Michael was the casualty Wednesday night. I’m actually liking this season...very doubtful it will rank among my best ever, but when all is said and done I’m suspecting a heck of a lot more other seasons as bigger clunkers.

I don’t count confessionals to assess episodes. They can be DAWs opportunity to showboat and embellish. Chris’s arrogance, that we understandably despise, has been evident pretty much from confessionals as opposed to player interaction...as we saw with his connection to Donathan. And good call noting Dom and Wendell both fumbled the ball by allowing Chris to go off alone with Donathan. When I was assessing Chris, I should have emphasized or underlined the word “momentarily.” Had NuNaviti went to TC, I have no doubt Laurel would have whipped Donathan back into the program to secure Wendell/Dom. And I would include Laurel with Michael and Donathan as “well-developed positive characters” in the game as well.

My intent was not to portray Kellyn as a leader like Tom Westman, or compare her to how Kim rallied the all-girl tribe, and it’s doubtful anyone on Naviti will boldly state Kellyn is the “glue holding the tribe together.” Although I do see her as the one most will go to for a final OK. Not every leader has that arrogant “my way or the highway” approach; they encourage group discussion and democratic input as we saw with Navati weighing its options among the three Malolos.

When Stephanie shared her divorcee status on Ghost Island, I was shocked to think that status would not have been a perfect door-opener for Kellyn and Stephanie to form a side partnership. If it did happen, you just KNOW Production would have been licking their chops at the opportunity to show both recent divorcees crying on each other’s shoulder.

Jenna’s advancements toward Sebastian is not a case of misreading Naviti’s dynamics as much as hormones and pure basic physical attraction. I’m sorry if you think I’m purposely being contrary, but the upcoming IC never entered my mind when we got a little dose of Jenna’s skank during the previous preview. I viewed it as nothing more than a sappy showmance Production was trying to shove down our throats.

I actually had a different take on how I thought the IC would play out. When I saw no “damn friggin’ puzzles” at the RC making it THREE challenges in a row, there was little doubt it would reappear at the IC and I honestly thought Kellyn/Bradley would continue their puzzle-solving dominance sending NuNaviti to TC. What I didn’t count on was the pathetic embarrassment from Chelsea. Kellyn/Bradley made up quite a bit of ground, and had both tribes started the puzzle around the same time, NuMalolo wins that IC. But Chelsea’s debacle was too much to overcome for a Chris-less tribe.

My disturbance with Brendan’s final words was more a jab at Production for its trend of casting players who appear more happy with JUST being casted and given an opportunity to play than hard-nosed competitors whose primary objective is to WIN. It was not any “hatred” toward Brendan, himself.

To be perfectly honest with you, I was paying more attention with my eyes to focus on who Michael and Jenna ultimately voted for, than listening to what Stephanie said in her parting words. Probably because I thought we would just be hearing more of her plight as a “single mom” and I was pretty much done with that.

To insinuate Michael and Jenna were “turncoats” because they ended up voting with NuNaviti is debatable. It’s not like they bowed out with a whimper...quite the contrary. I thought Malolo fought a valiant fight with Michael throwing several haymakers their way...but to no avail. With many battles/skirmishes there comes a point when you simply tip your cap to the victor for that round and move on to fight another fight.

Perhaps it’s optimism on my part, but I have a little better hope for this season. Hey, at San Juan del Sur that season was on pace to crash and burn, but I never saw the second half emergence of Natalie Anderson who, IMO, proved to be a deserving and satisfying champion mostly all AFTER the merge. I sure hope your F6 prediction will mirror Jacob’s Malolo false prophecy. If you do hit a bullseye with your F6, it would indeed be a nauseating ending.

03-24-18, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 5 Ranking"
Thank you for the feed-back, I appreciate it.

I consider that we get to know the characters through their confessionals. Do some use it to boast? Of course but most are being honest and give us their views of the game. Laurel has had 2 confessionals in 5 episodes so I can't call her well-developped. At this stage, I'd only put Michael, Donathan, Domenick, Chris and Kellyn in the well-developed catagory and Kellyn's placement is only due to he Ghost Island sojourn.

I think you're a little hard on Chelsea. Yes, she cost her tribe a lot of time but why did they send her out there TWICE against Wendell no less? I mean, she was never going to win that race. It raises the question of whether or not Malolo threw that challenge. Only Kellyn's disappointment makes me say they didn't but I suspect they had told each other; you know, losing isn't bad at all.

I'll give you a little production secret; there was no need to look for Michael's and Jenna's vote. If they had voted for someone else than Stephanie then Probst would have shown their votes. When only 1 vote against Des was shown, I knew the other votes were all going against Stephanie.

I won't step back from calling Michael and Jenna turncoats. Many players put in a similar situation remained loyal. Michael could have talked to Bradley: "I'm a loyal player and I told Stephanie I'd never vote against her. I'm telling you I'll never vote against you so the only way for you to believe me is if I don't vote for Stephanie now." They could have all voted against Desiree, sparring Bradley and Kellyn's feelings. Those are the only two that count.

Maybe this season will turn around but I don't see much hope. Natalie A was a good player but we should have expected her emergence because of what Dale the farmer said in episode 1. If you remember, he got his tribe to vote against Natalie's twin sister saying he knew the two from the Amazing Race and if they let them slide by they'd backstab everyone. Coyopa did vote out Nadiya right away but Hunahpu let their twinnie slide by. She made them all pay. I called that prophecy the "Farmer's Almanac". I enjoy Survivor because there are often these hints that help us determine the winner. For me, Survivor is a lot like a Whodunit murder mystery!

03-24-18, 06:14 PM (EST)
4. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 5 Ranking"
The way I get to know the players is during adversity when the chips are down and observe the seat-of-the-pants knee-jerk reactions. THAT’S when a person’s true colors come to surface. Confessionals can be entertaining, but the time it takes to walk over to a remote location to shoot the confessional, it gives the castaway time to rehearse, unwind, and compromise their “honesty.”

As I stated before, if NuMalolo threw that challenge NO WAY it would have stayed on the editing room floor.

Very good point on how the votes were revealed pretty much assuring only Stephanie voted for Desiree, but while I was watching I was more interested in seeing that confirmation than having to tune in to another “whoa is me...I’m a single mom...Blah...Blah...Blah...”

Absolutely no way your proposed Michael pitch to Bradley would have had any chance of working. Michael pulled out all the stops at the previous TC and came out losing. It happens. Football players can play their guts out, but in the waning moments realize the ultimate outcome will be a loss even before the clock shows “00.” So, a sack-hungry linebacker who does not leap over the opposing linemen to cream the QB taking a knee is a “turncoat?” NO, you tip your cap to the winning team on that day and focus on playing another game to reverse your fortune.

When you refer to a gay guy as “one of the girls,” you’re pretty much writing your death sentence...and appropriately so. What you call “Farmer’s Almanac prophecy,” I call Nostradamus “back-pedaling” prediction HOGWASH.

03-24-18, 08:43 PM (EST)
5. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 5 Ranking"
I also look at the camp interactions but there's also a lot less of those these days.

If nuMalolo wasn't throwing the challenge then why would they have 2 girls racing? Why not send Sebastian?

Stephanie's final words weren't self-pity but a desire to play longer.

Yes, you can certainly tip your cap to the winning team but you don't throw your team mates under the bus no matter what. Do you think for a second that Michael is now off the hook with Bradley? Of course not.

In episode 1, Dale said that the two twins would backstab everyone if they didn't backstab them first. No one backstabbed Natalie so she backstabbed everyone before the end. It's not back-pedaling but moving from episode 1 forward to episode 14. Dale did say it, Natalie did do it. I'm not saying Dale knew it was going to happen but it did happen like he said.

03-25-18, 11:52 AM (EST)
7. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 5 Ranking"
We are unable to ask Sebastian, but it is very possible he did not WANT to go out and retrieve the boogie boards. Just because you poo-poo the Anti-Darwin Syndrome, it is a very real concept and one Seb would understandably not want to bite him on the butt. The other possibility is he didn’t want the water to mess up the Loreal product he recently applied to his girlish lashes.

Yes Nostradamus...we all know NOW after her parting words were already recited they were not self-pity. My answer/explanation to you was why my focus was elsewhere AT THAT MOMENT. Not sure why you are unable to acknowledge I had enough of her sob story already.

The NuNaviti tribe made their FINAL decision to vote out Stephanie. Michael and Jenna joined in. Had they settled on Jenna, Michael and Steph's votes probably would have gone to Jenna. If they determined it was Michael’s time to go, Jenna and Steph write Michael’s name. I only have to think for LESS than a second to say Michael bought himself more time and “advanced his position” nicely with NuNaviti REGARDLESS of who the annoying whinny girly-man Bradley puts on his irrelevant “hook.”

Once again, you’re taking outcomes AFTER they occur and backing into what you heard prior to conveniently explain a known result. Pretty much what Nostradamus scholars do with those silly quatrains his modern-day groupies regard as biblical tea leaves.

03-25-18, 01:15 PM (EST)
9. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 5 Ranking"
LAST EDITED ON 03-25-18 AT 01:18 PM (EST)

We certainly ARE able to ask Sebastian because actions speak louder than words: In the IC of this very episode, Sebastian had no hesitations about playing hero for his tribe, trying to compete with the baseball pitcher. In a previous challenge, the one where they had to swim to a cage and open an underwater door, Sebastian LED the race for his tribe and HE went underwater to open the door.

No, we can absolutely be certain that Sebastian isn't smart enough to be sandbagging but even if Malolo wasn't throwing the challenge I simply cannot believe that you are blaming Chelsea for losing a race to a very athletic male.

Looking at the episode, I was rather impressed that she kept within reach of him on her first leg and I was expecting to see a Malolo man taking the lead over Libby but no, they sent a second woman and then had Chelsea going up against Wendell a second time. There, yes, she lost the race but she doesn't deserve an ounce of blame for it.

I'll give you a break on Stephanie but I still think it would have been fun to see more of this woman who competed in Ironman Triathlons.

Going back to your football analogy, of course you do not tackle the opposing QB taking a knee at the end of the game when everything is lost but YOU CERTAINLY DO NOT TACKLE YOUR OWN QB EITHER! No matter what you write, Michael turned his coat on Stephanie and he won't get ANY credit for it from Bradley. Bradley may thank Michael once they get back to camp but if they had been heading back to TC in this configuration, Michael would have been next to go.

And while you're so ferociously defending your guy, I should ask you why he didn't try to look for an idol. After he played James' idol, he should have been spending the night looking for its replacement but no, he slept instead.

Your constant use of Nostradamus borders on psychosis. It's as if you were trying really hard to convince yourself he couldn't be right but you aren't quite sure. Me, I have no such problems because I know no one can see the future. Was it possible for him to predict wars in Europe or the Middle-East? Certainly but there had been wars in Europe and the Middle-East for centuries before his time so it was hardly a prediction, simply common sense.

In the case of Survivor, you are completely missing the point: I am not saying that Dale was predicting the future. Of course HE couldn't know. However, and this is the point you continually miss, when the editors were working on the final edit of that season's premiere THEY KNEW who was going to win because filming had already wrapped up and everyone was back in the States. Can you imagine the editors joy when they heard that quote? They HAD to incorporate it in the episode because it was such a great clue to the winner yet practically unnoticeable. Even I missed it originally but when I went back to the premiere after seeing Natalie finally getting down to business, I was hitting myself for missing it.

03-27-18, 06:36 PM (EST)
11. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 5 Ranking"
Seb going head-to-head in a throwing comp against a ringer like Chris is more a case of sacrificing your efforts for a losing cause than any frivolous twist you are attempting to spin for silly “heroics.”
Wendell’s efforts were nothing special. He didn’t “Chelsea” his way through the obstacle and was no “James” in the water...I’ll give him that. But anyone racing alongside Chelsea in that challenge could come off appearing like a “good athlete.”

I’m disappointed in EVERYONE for not searching harder for an idol; Michael included. Point of reference, Michael found his HII during a group effort Malolo Easter Egg hunt...he never went off on his own.
Sure adds to the appreciation for Ben’s effort last season.

Acknowledging your best shot was not good enough and moving on to fight another day has nothing to do with Michael #1 on my ranking. I included Jenna in that accurate assessment, and I ranked her very low.

Well duh, of course a defensive player will not sack his own QB; they’re not on the field at the same time, silly.

The Japanese are extremely passionate about their culture that even the finality of suicide is more honorable than surrender. But surrender they did to end WWII. The Japanese foreign affairs minister who signed the surrender was not a “turncoat” or traitor when the realization of being defeated was evident after a trying effort. He acknowledged the victors, closed the chapter on that war/battle, and moved forward to make Japan a future economic power. Michael and Jenna need to do the same.

Of course, Nostradamus and Dale are unable to predict the future; so I am not passing judgement on THEM. My criticism is pointed toward the Nostradamus groupies (who call themselves “scholars”) using his quatrains to back into “prophecies.”

Sure, one could look back on quotes and events early in the season and see how they came together in the end after the fact. But there are many more that misdirect viewers or even get a charge out of theorists and those who fancy themselves as the Hercule Poirots of Reality TV.
It’s quite possible Production may get immense “joy” providing fodder for silly theorists and “murder mystery solvers.” The Fab Four derived the same “joy” putting sound bites on LPs found by disc jockeys:

”TURN ME ON DEAD MAN”

The “joy” just kept coming for them when conspiracy theorists picked up on Paul inside an oblong box on the cover of “Yesterday and Today” drawing a coffin reference. Or Paul being the only one holding a “black” instrument on Sgt. Pepper’s. And the crème de la crème...the license plate on the Volkswagen on the cover of Abbey Road reads LMW 28IF.

All the “murder mystery solvers” gave themselves a good hardy pat on the back for deciphering the license plate to mean: Linda McCartney Weeps…Paul would have been 28IF he was still alive.

A half-a-century later it still has rational people laughing their asses off.

03-27-18, 10:13 PM (EST)
13. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 5 Ranking"
>Seb going head-to-head in a throwing
>comp against a ringer like
>Chris is more a case
>of sacrificing your efforts for
>a losing cause than any
>frivolous twist you are attempting
>to spin for silly “heroics.”

The decision on the pitcher was made before the challenge started so, at that time, no one knew of Chris' background. Sebastian stepped up hoping to win but quickly saw it was hopeless. Running against Libby wouldn't have been as difficult.

>Wendell’s efforts were nothing special. He
>didn’t “Chelsea” his way through
>the obstacle and was no
>“James” in the water...I’ll give
>him that. But anyone racing
>alongside Chelsea in that challenge
>could come off appearing like
>a “good athlete.”

My point is that he was certainly going to beat Chelsea. It was dumb to put her against him. Dumb or premeditated in order to lose.

>I’m disappointed in EVERYONE for not
>searching harder for an idol;
>Michael included. Point of reference,
>Michael found his HII during
>a group effort Malolo Easter
>Egg hunt...he never went off
>on his own.
>Sure adds to the appreciation for
>Ben’s effort last season.

I really have to get to that post about idol search. Suffice it to say that Ben was lucky to find all those idols but even all those immunities weren't enough. His game was over if not for that production help. From her interviews, Stephanie said she searched a lot for that idol but since she didn't find it, the images were cut from the episode.

>Acknowledging your best shot was not
>good enough and moving on
>to fight another day has
>nothing to do with Michael
>#1 on my ranking. I
>included Jenna in that accurate
>assessment, and I ranked her
>very low.

And I called both Jenna and Michael "Tunrcoats". The events back me up. Spin it any way you want, no one put a gun to their head to vote against Stephanie.

>Well duh, of course a defensive
>player will not sack his
>own QB; they’re not on
>the field at the same
>time, silly.

It's your stupid analogy. I meant that even in defeat true team players still stick together. Turncoats don't.

>The Japanese are extremely passionate about
>their culture that even the
>finality of suicide is more
>honorable than surrender. But surrender
>they did to end WWII.
>The Japanese foreign affairs minister
>who signed the surrender was
>not a “turncoat” or traitor
>when the realization of being
>defeated was evident after a
>trying effort. He acknowledged the
>victors, closed the chapter on
>that war/battle, and moved forward
>to make Japan a future
>economic power. Michael and
>Jenna need to do the
>same.

More WWII! Please. The Japanese certainly didn't kill any of their own people and surrendered to save everyone left.

>Of course, Nostradamus and Dale are
>unable to predict the future;
>so I am not passing
>judgement on THEM. My
>criticism is pointed toward the
>Nostradamus groupies (who call themselves
>“scholars”) using his quatrains to
>back into “prophecies.”

So you're afraid THEY could be right, is that it?

>Sure, one could look back on
>quotes and events early in
>the season and see how
>they came together in the
>end after the fact. But
>there are many more that
>misdirect viewers or even get
>a charge out of theorists
>and those who fancy themselves
>as the Hercule Poirots of
>Reality TV.
>It’s quite possible Production may get
>immense “joy” providing fodder for
>silly theorists and “murder mystery
>solvers.”

Of course there will be false trails. For every "The Winner is on THIS mat" there is a "We are the Greatest Tribe Ever." Still, those clues are there and I've had a lot of fun over the years looking for them.

I've never seen anyone trying to make as much mileage as you with the "Paul is Dead" hoax. Put it to rest; you're boring.

kingfish 20230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-24-18, 10:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 5 Ranking"
LAST EDITED ON 03-24-18 AT 10:22 PM (EST)

One small correction,
"...should now officially be confirmed a fallacy" s/b "should now officially be confirmed as fellatio". I mean, we all can agree that they suck? right?

1. Michael: Continues to impress. He had a strong speech at TC when time came to plead his case. He was probably saved because his tribe didn't know at that point that there would be another swap before the next TC, and didn't need his athleticism to help keep them from returning to TC. If they had known that, I think he would have been the target rather than Stephanie, the reasoning the used to target her was pretty weak. But anyone that doesn't recognize luck as a basic need for survival has not been paying attention.

2. Laurel: Smart, personable, athletic. Aligning with Donathan was a wise move.

3. Kellyn: Level headed, strategic. The next swap will test her socializing and strategic planning, but she certainly seems to be capable of landing on her feet.

4. Chris: Idiot. Great at the throwing challenges. Of which there will probably be no more. But his mouth and attitude are a liability for him. He may make it to the merge, but not much beyond that.

5. Donathan. Forthright, not threatening anyone with any aggressive gameplay, he won't be a target anytime soon. The only threat he presents is at T3, where he could be a sympathetic vote getter.

6. Libby: Seems secure. Her name has been thrown out there in other episodes, but really, who could possibly, in good conscience, bring themselves to vote her off? Only mean vindictive jealous bitches who are threatened by her angelic beauty, that's who. And we hate them.

7. Dom: Hopefully the tribe swap will reunite him with his enemies and result in a backdoor eviction for him.

8. Wendell: Seems likable, intelligent, but will need a fortuitous tribal swap to be safe.

9. James: I'm awaiting his third strike (it's another baseball analogy, Jeffy. Check a baseball dictionary out of the library).

10. Sebastian: Lucky to be on a dominate tribe that can maintain focus long enough to vote minority members off. Not a strong player though.

11. Angela: I think she's the nasty bitch who's jealousy got the best of her and caused her to mention Libby as a possible evictee. So I hate her.

12. Bradley: Lucky So and so. But truth be said, he's pretty much interchangeable with Brendon, but was fortunate to have tribemates who can stick to a plan. That's kinda rare in Survivor.

13. Jenna: She doesn't seem to be smart enough to successfully navigate the reefs long enough to survive to the end. She might make the merge, but could also be a surprise boot for any week.

14. Chelsea: Filler.

15. Desiree: Her habit of going thru other castaway's personal luggage, although laudable in it's audacity, probably, won't endear her to others, and could cause them to lose trust.

16: XXXStephanie: Sorry that she had to leave. She cut a nice figure while there, as seen in her poses on that rock. I am a very big admirer of her choice of boobular enhancement, she's a shining example of how successful that modification can be.

BTW, Aruba, I'm sure you've also heard of French kissing, and Mr. French (arcane TV reference).

03-25-18, 12:11 PM (EST)
8. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 5 Ranking"
“Fellato” is an applicable confirmation. Although, I would eliminate Michael from “they” in acknowledging Malolo sucks. I also agree, had NuNaviti knew something was going to shake up before the next challenge, Michael definitely becomes Anti-Darwin material. Contrary to some belief, castaways are not given a playbook or a script to follow on Day One.

Yes, Donathan could garnish sympathy votes...although so could about half a dozen others with all the sob stories we’ve heard and its only episode five.

Chris is a prime candidate for a post-merge departure. It will be very telling to hear from the others when the inevitable does happen, if they cite his physicality and challenge prowess or his attitude as the reason.

You’re right on with pretty much all your assessments so not a whole lot to counterpoint...overall general agreement.

I’m all in with your “jealous bitches” principle you proposed contributing to the Stephanie boot and hotties like her. You know Bradley would never initially push to vote out those “boobular enhancements.” Actually, he did not want Brendan voted out either stating he was “docile” and a “non-threat.” Pretty much nixes this Bradley is the leader assumption.

I stand corrected Kingfish. I forgot about “French Kiss” and...”MR. FRENCH” from Family Affair!!! He was one kick-ass dude...could clean, cook, give worldly advice, and even do your homework. I’m pretty sure a “Mr. French” was on my Christmas List when I was a very, very young lad. Libby and Stephanie just crossed my mind, so here’s a fifth one...”Menage a trois.” If we keep up our discussion, I’ll be bilingual in no time at all!

03-25-18, 01:34 PM (EST)
10. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 5 Ranking"
LAST EDITED ON 03-25-18 AT 02:44 PM (EST)

J'essaie d'imaginer nos discussions en Français!

"Ces salopards ont éliminé la belle pitoune aux gros lolos."

Getting back to English, Bradley certainly was the leader of those five, that's why the two smart players in Malolo went to him to plead their cases. They saw it. Now, is he a good leader? Certainly not because he would have kept his options open by booting Jenna instead but being a weak leader could help him when the 2 big boys go to war.

03-27-18, 06:41 PM (EST)
12. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 5 Ranking"
Yes, Michael went to Bradley...I’ll give you that. But Jenna went to Seb. And Steph didn’t go to Bradley...Bradley went to Stephanie’s lolos. Fact is, players were scrambling all over the place.

The last two Malolos booted were BOTH not Bradley’s initial choices. We saw AND heard that. We heard it when he clearly stated that Brendan was too “docile” to be targeted. And we saw it when his roving eyes kept darting down at Steph’s plastic lolos. You even did some “embellishment” of your own with the “practically licking his lips” and “long hard looks.” NOOOOO way he wanted dem “boobular enhancements” leaving the island any time soon.

For it to occur twice in a row?!...way to get your tribe to follow your “lead.” LOL

03-27-18, 10:19 PM (EST)
14. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 5 Ranking"
I don't get your reluctance in ackowledging Bradley's role as leader of the Naviti Five. Look back at NuMalolo's first TC: All four Malolo said that it was Bradley's alliance and that Sebastian and Chelsea were on the bottom. Everything goes through Bradley and Kellyn but she keeps changing her mind every second.

Bradley, to his credit, isn't acting as a huge dicktator like Ben did last season. He clearly made up his mind when Michael said he could help them win immunity. As for voting against Brendan, they went for the played they thought wouldn't have the idol and they were right.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •