The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S36 Ghost Island Ep 4 Ranking"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 2776 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-15-18, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S36 Ghost Island Ep 4 Ranking"
Episode Four and still a few players I’m unable to provide much, if any, gameplay analysis. But I didn’t want to put off the list any longer.

Last week I humored Michel and played along with the NHL analogy when staking a claim to consider Malolo a possible “best tribe ever” when all is said and done. I was willing to play along until the F8 should all of those remaining players be Malolo members, at which point, I would have anointed them the best ever.

Well that didn’t last long (LOL...) but at least it was “humorous.”

1) MICHAEL – Back at home, I’d keep my fingers crossed trusting a teenager with my pizza delivery. In the game of Survivor with a million dollars on the line, he’s been handling himself quite impressively. Michael and the other Malolos do not have the benefit of a present like the one Dom and Chris neatly gift-wrapped for their comrades over at the NuNaviti tribe. With that said, he did his best. Even if he picked up on the votes going Brendan or his way, he would have understandably played the idol on himself. I’d be curious to know whose idea it was to create the “James had two idols, so I can now save two players” dupe. Although it came up short, it was an ingenuous tactic.

2) KELLYN – She really didn’t have to go with her gut, she could have just used her commonsense to make what I thought was an obvious choice. You don’t sacrifice your vote at TC for a personal advantage unless you are certain you will not be going to TC before the merge. Unless your name is Tom Westman and your tribe name is Koror, that’s not happening. All in all, Kellyn made the appropriate choice and allowed Naviti to maintain its advantage.

3) LAUREL – Last night belonged mostly to Michael and Kellyn, but it was a good episode for Laurel as well. An Ivy school grad and former intercollegiate athlete. I can relate to half of that. Her physicality in the RC allowed Angela and Libby to touch the post for two of the three wins. I also like she didn’t sit the fence and did not hesitate to join forces with Dom and Wendel establishing the 6-peson majority on the NuNaviti tribe.

4) CHRIS – So, he likes himself...really? Well, after the IC everyone else on NuNaviti was liking Chris as well. He earns MVP honors for one of the more epic comebacks on Survivor. He was probably feeling confident if Nu Naviti went back to TC thinking the votes would be split 3-3 between Dom and Wendel to flush out the idol and send one of them home. Little did he know, most likely, it would have been his torch getting snuffed. This is why you give 100% all the time. You just never know. Like Producer Jeff Probst said, “That’s why you NEVER ever give up on Survivor!”

5) DOM – Sitting in real good position. Appears to have secured the 6-2 advantage to target Chris/Angela. He has a HII...and a Legacy Advantage. Glad he’s keeping his trap shut about the Legacy Advantage...SHHHHHHHHHHHH!

6) STEPHANIE – Played it cool when seeing Morgan got voted out. Became emotional when talking about her single mom status; then again, she was fighting back tears over a PB&J sandwich.

7) DONATHAN – After a good Premier, has settled into the inept player position that should punch his ticket to the merge. The bond he forged with Laurel on day one could bode well for him.

8 & 9) CHELSEA/SEBASTIAN – Might promote a little jealousy with Jenna, but placing them together here for staying cool at TC when they could have come a little undone getting called out for a proposed flip. Being told four votes would go to Bradley eliminated any personal risk, but the curve thrown with the II could have created chaos and obnoxious whispering before the vote. Sparing us that scrambling nonsense is enough to rank them in the middle for this week.

10) JAMES – Well he didn’t muck up any challenges this episode. That’s positive enough to place him here.

11) ANGELA – She seems to want to play the game, but she’s just nails on the chalkboard to me. If NuNaviti goes back to TC, we’ll see if she gets saved by the Anti-Dawin Syndrone, or will she be the casualty for wanting to keep the tribe strong for future challenges.

12) LIBBY – She had a spike in episode three after wondering who the heck she was during the double-episode Premier. Now she reassumes her role as the invisible woman. Tough to follow, but I have her peged as a quintessential Coattail Rider.

13) WENDEL – He has some added life thanks to Dom’s HII and Laurel/Donathon taking a liking to him. IDK...I’m seeing him as a Libby without the boobies and a darker skin pigmentation. Translation: Coattail Rider.

14) DESIREE – Not a whole lot of Survivor gameplay to talk about with this one—actually I can only think of one thing...well make that two things. She’s got limbs like Olive Oil compared to how she's stacked like Dolly Parton. Hard to believe her frame and bone structure can support them. Making me suspect they’re probably about as natural as the color of her hair.

15) JENNA – Survivor fans who enjoy sappy showmances will understandably rank her higher. I don’t, so based on the preview where she appears to be initiating the flirtatious behavior toward eyelash boy, I’ll rank her down here for now.

16) BRADLEY – He’s an annoying wussy-boy. Fortunate to fall into the majority for now. Did give us a comical scene during his one-on-one with Stephanie. When he ended the conversation with “we’ll see,” all his eyes were seeing were Steph’s plastic boobies. Didn’t need any playback to catch those roving eyes continuing to dart back to her enhancements. Despite this one laughable moment, still deserves the bottom spot.

BOOTED) BRENDAN – Got stuck on the wrong side of the fence. Didn’t have the benefit of a crack the other Malolos took advantage of so played the only card they had. If he advanced I really didn’t see him playing anything more than just a pedestrian game. It was somewhat disturbing to hear him say his Survivor experience lived up to the expectations when he was the fourth player voted off. Indicative of the type of players CBS cast nowadays.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 4 Ranking michel2 03-17-18 1
   RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 4 Ranking Aruba 03-18-18 2
       RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 4 Ranking michel2 03-18-18 3
           RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 4 Ranking Aruba 03-18-18 5
               RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 4 Ranking michel2 03-18-18 6
                   RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 4 Ranking Aruba 03-19-18 7
 RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 4 Ranking kingfish 03-18-18 4
   RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 4 Ranking Aruba 03-20-18 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel2 2626 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-17-18, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 4 Ranking"
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-18 AT 03:13 PM (EST)

Naviti did everything wrong in the challenge: They were slow with the gate, couldn’t put their crate in the tracks, didn’t hook the track for a while and then couldn’t pull it back so it should have been a blow-out in Malolo’s favor but yet Naviti still won it. I heard about an NCAA basketball team that is something like 235-5 whenever they got a 10 point lead at any point in a game. In Survivor, the teams or individuals that have big leads are something like 5-235. OK, I’m exaggerating slightly but we certainly have seen a lot of “impossible comebacks”. Why is that? Some challenges depend entirely on luck rather than skills but it still seems odd enough to open the door to all the sceptics who wonder about the show’s integrity. This one certainly enabled Probst to quote Yogi Berra.
The biggest problem however is that all the viewers who watched last week’s “Next Time on Survivor” knew Naviti was going to win: The show hadn’t shown us a single scene from Malolo so we were still waiting to watch Stephanie’s moment of weakness at the beach. Since it hadn’t been shown yet, it had to come after losing the Immunity Challenge. Once more we had proof that the show doesn’t care about spoiling itself. They know spoilers keep a big section of the audience interested so they feed us many themselves. They are much less secretive about spoilers than they are about their interference in the game.

1-Stephanie: The story really wanted us to be pulling for the single mom against the arrogant Bradley and Kellyn. It didn’t work this time but I like her determination so I believe she will find a way to the merger. What magic will she need to make it happen? It could be as simple as a couple of immunity challenge wins and a new swap. It does seem that she has a lot of game left to play in her.

2-Domenick: Domenick is navigating his way very nicely in the game and working with Wendell has helped him greatly. His social game isn’t up to par though so he’d need to get rid of his ally if he wants a chance to earn the jury vote. For now, with Chris being unable to re-center his game, it certainly looks like Domenick is in this game for the long haul.

3-Wendell: Ranking Wendell 13th is practically criminal! It was Wendell’s social game that made the difference when Laurel and Donathan chose sides. Since they both liked him and he was on Domenick’s side against Chris then they went with those two. Wendell also has to be considered a strong contender because he also has great challenge skills and a good sense of the game. If Domenick makes it to the merger without needing to play his idols then maybe he'll have to thank Wendell for the easy ride his social provided.

4- Michael: You have to admire the young man’s aplomb: During Tribal Council, he deployed his plan flawlessly right up to the point where he said he’d play the idol for himself and Brendan only to change his mind and play it for Stephanie. It would have worked if he had been able to read the faces of his opponents. When he paused and said “Actually” after saying he’d play his idol for himself and Brendan, he should have been watching Bradley’s who turned around so quickly I’d have called medical to check him for whiplash. If only Michael had played his idol for Brendan we’d have had a much more favorable result.

With this being said, Michael made a mistake in naming his target. His double immunity lie was very clever but he should have kept the others in the dark about their final voting decision. Naming Bradley was counting on one or two players being upset with him but they did seem to get along. What I would have done is tell Naviti that the four Malolos discussed two different options: They were either going to put their four votes on Bradley or they were going to split their votes between Bradley and someone else. Imagine that! A minority splitting their votes! It would have put the four Naviti followers in the awkward position of playing Russian roulette. In this case, hedging their bets by voting Bradley would have been the safe way to go. Yes, they could have split their own votes 3-2 but they still needed to put them on the two right players. I understand that Michael was also thinking of the next vote so he was hoping for a flipper but the stress wasn’t there to force anyone’s hand.

Malolo came out of this with a loss but, as a tribe, their play was still as admirable as we’ve ever seen from a tribe. When Jacob said Malolo was the greatest tribe ever, I took that as a prophecy much like when Lindsey said that the winner was on the Blue Collar mat. If this prophecy turns out to be false, so be it but I still think a Malolo will win and that they will dominate the end game so much that Probst will revisit Jacob's claim at the Reunion. It's also possible he'll only talk about it to make fun of that "prophecy" but there had to be a reason for letting us hear about it a few times.

5- Laurel: For someone that was left out of the spotlight during the first few episodes, we will have to keep our eyes on Laurel. Domenick’s words about her playing the game hard are a very good omen for her chances especially considering the others don’t see her as a threat. In this season of Ghosts and legacies, I’d certainly like someone to inherit Cirie’s role of the “Quiet Assassin”.

6- Libby: Not being shown during one episode certainly doesn't make her a coat tail rider. She showed enough independant thought in the crucial vote to say that she is playing her own game when it matters. I'll wait to actually see something to judge her as a siople coat tail rider.

7- Donathan: Like he did in the original Malolo, Donathan is showing an above average talent for weaving between groups. Much like they did with JT in Tocantins, everyone seems to like Donathan and he doesn’t have the physicality to threaten anyone. The combination could be powerful. Is Donathan the prototypical “survivor”? Of course not; he’d probably die out there on his own but he certainly is the perfect Survivor player. Everyone comes to him so he doesn’t have to lie; he just has to wait to show his truth through his vote.

8- Jenna: She also had a quiet episode but why rank her based on previews and especially why penalize her for using her charms to her advantage? I could see Bradley being bothered seeing Sebastian flriting with the enemy and targeting him instead of a Malolo. That would turn Jenna's flirt into a great game play. For me, it was more important that she remained loyal to her group. Keeping strong players even when you don't need them is the normal formula in this game so she had reasons to worry. She could have flipped but her loyalty should be recongnized.

9- James: Besides seeing him doing his morning exercises, James was completely absent of the story yet we know he will be a force at the next few TCs.

10- Kellyn: Number 2? Reallly?? Kellyn certainly made the right decision at Ghost Island and she gave us a nice look into her personal story but her association with Bradley and her complete dismissal of the Malolos paints her as an arrogant player who should get her comeuppance at one point.

By the way, It seems that the rules of Ghost Island are really fluid, probably to suit production’s needs. Unlike the first three visitors, Kellyn returned for the vote so, moving forward, what is it going to be? I guess the difference was the Reward challenge but there was a reward challenge at the start of the season and no one sent to Ghost Island then.

11- Bradley: I don't like Bradley because of the way the story has painted him but I have to admit his calm at Tribal Council was impressive. He certainly was sweating but he didn't give Michael enough to read his cards and he didn't lose the trust of his allies. With that said, we are certainly seeing a sleazy character, one that couldn’t take his eyes off of Stephanie’s cleavage while he was stonewalling her. Like Stephanie, I think most of the audience is sick that he is going to see another day. Everything was set up for a big move but it petered out when we saw that all his ducks voted with him. It’s funny that he thinks leader never wins because he also said he wanted to base his game on BR and Kim, two of the biggest leaders we’ve ever seen. Bradley won this game but he was identified as the ring leader so how long can he last?

12- Angela: Her best game play should have been to apologize to Libby for voting against her and then saying she wants to join them. Her vote against Libby showed she can be loyal to her alliance if they are loyal to her. Instead, she focused on the three votes she received from her side. You can’t win this game by looking backwards only by looking forward.

13- Chelsea: Maybe we see why she was kept quiet for the first 2 weeks: She’s not that eloquent. She’ll probably reassume her role as set decoration in the next few cycles.

14- Desiree: She isn't last because I have nothing to say about her, either positive or negative.

15- Chris: On Ghost Island, Chris said he had to re-center his game but he was right back to targeting Domenick as if that was all that mattered. The showdown cannot be too far down the road. Ranking him high for one or two lucky shots is really short sighted! He is a bad player at this game, an arrogant individual who is used to getting what he wants because of his looks.

16- Sebastian: I think he will indeed look back at this vote as a missed opportunity. I think Michael read the Naviti dynamics well enough to see Sebastian leaving as soon as his vote isn't needed. I don't think Sebastian's vote was a reflection of his understanding of the game but rather an indication that the game was being played above his head. Like he said, he didn't "know what just happened." So, he was too stupid to see his options.

He reminds me of Ozzy not only in appearance and in challenges but also in his dumb interviews. His answers to Jeff during Tribal Council must have irritated Bradley so if he is going to flirt with the cute girl on the other side then maybe we have an indication of where Naviti’s next crack will happen.

Booted - Brendan: I am impressed with Aruba’s defensive mechanism. Brendan had everything he admires in a Survivor: He was an older man but very athletic, a leader and strong socially yet he clung on a few words to completely dismiss him. His last words weren’t meant to say he was happy with being out this early, he was just saying he wasn’t leaving with a bad taste in his mouth so if production ever plans another second chance season, he’s all for it.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

03-18-18, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 4 Ranking"
HMMM, and you brought up MY lengthy posts last week??? Just goofing with ya. Some of my appropriate and accurate replies to a few items on your list have been stated several times already, so to not be repetitious and keep this post to an acceptable length, I’ll only touch upon the areas that jumped out at me.

You ask what “magic” will Stephanie need to make the merger? The obvious answer can be found in your “French for Dummies” lesson you recently provided: Plastic LOLOS.

I’m really not going to get into a bantering session with you and the potential of getting “shamed” with another made-up law...but it should be blatantly obvious why Laurel would gravitate toward Wendell as opposed to his “social game” being the “difference maker.” LMAO. I’m not seeing anything concrete to suggest Wendell has “great challenge skills.” Granted, he has not been a “James” in any challenges thus far—I’ll give him that much. But he has not come close to matching Laurel and Chris possessing “great challenge skills.”

And Laurel establishing herself as a challenge threat via a former intercollegiate athlete is anything but “quiet.” Quite the contrary, she made some obvious “noise” with her MVP performance in the RC. If Laurel does advance to the endgame it will NOT be by punching her golden ticket as a weak inept performing non-threat.

I did state Libby was tough to read at the present time. I’m not observing this “independent thinker;” I see more of someone going with the flow. Sure that could change, but right now I call ‘em as I see ‘em.

I explained perfectly why I ranked Jenna low. You know I always put a huge premium on the episode recently aired when ranking and assessing the castaways on any given week. What I saw Wednesday evening justified my ranking because 1) I do not care for sappy showmances, and 2) she appears to be initiating the skank. Only a Spin Doctor would twist one’s inability to control one’s libido with “great game play.”

And with the primary focus on Ep. 4 for this week’s list...Yes, I have Kellyn #2. Everyone on Naviti should stand in line and give Kellyn a big sloppy kiss. Her right decision on Ghost Island was the primary reason Naviti maintained its advantage. And without that right decision, we would have been deprived of a very entertaining TC. Given those facts, I have no problem ranking her high for THIS week.

Bradley is the reason Bradley is seen in a negative light...and appropriately so I might add. You really think Production tosses everyone’s name in a hat and randomly picks who will be “painted” bad or good??? LMAO!!! Of course, Production will take a trait (negative or good) and run with it. And BTW, he was squirming and sweating, but had no reason to really freak out because the swap put him in the majority and with the knowledge that four votes were going his way, the other Naviti members would clearly take the “as long as it’s not me” approach.

Hey, if a female has no qualms to willingly expose a portion of her plastic lolos in public, I would hardly call a heterosexual male “sleazy” for sneaking a few peeks at something she is intentionally showcasing? Now is it "comical" when he gets caught doing it? Absolutely.

One or two lucky shots is how you evaluate Chris? Who is being “short-sighted” now?! His physicality is pretty much the only reason they were able to pull that crate up the plank. And there were a heck of a lot more misses than landings with the final ball toss for both sides...so not seeing where luck was the predominant factor. If anything, PERSEVERANCE was what served Chris well this episode and contributed to an epic comeback. It’s that never-say-die attitude that contributed to his ranking this week. I agree on a couple of the negatives you cite, which is why he’s not in my top three; but his “looks” had nothing to do with appropriately earning MVP honors in the IC.

Sebastian/Ozzy is a fair comparison. Sebastian’s vote was a reflection of what I recently stated...”As long as it’s not me tonight.” Now, if that is his approach for the whole game, then good riddance when the inevitable occurs and it IS him tonight.

"I am impressed with Aruba’s defensive mechanism.
?????????????????

I would ask what in the world you mean by that, but please don’t bother. You’ll probably “shame” me with another “Rumpelstiltskin” Law or spin another ridiculous “theory” my way. I do like a more athletic mature castaway in the game, but his exit sure gave me the impression that he was merely satisfied to just make the final cut and get a chance to play...and anything else was just gravy on the mashed potatoes. You’ve bantered with me long enough on these Boards to know that approach never sat well with me.

03-18-18, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 4 Ranking"

>You ask what “magic” will Stephanie
>need to make the merger?
>The obvious answer can be
>found in your “French for
>Dummies” lesson you recently provided:
>Plastic LOLOS.

Reducing her to her attributes is really distasteful. I think she's a smart woman but her lolos seem to have blinded you.

>I’m really not going to get

>but it should be blatantly
>obvious why Laurel would gravitate
>toward Wendell as opposed to
>his “social game” being the
>“difference maker.” LMAO.

If it was only Laurel then I'd agree but I watched secret scenes from Libby, James and Donathan and all agreed that Wendell was a nice guy.

>I’m not seeing anything concrete to suggest
>Wendell has “great challenge skills.”
>Granted, he has not been
>a “James” in any challenges
>thus far—I’ll give him that
>much. But he has not
>come close to matching Laurel
>and Chris possessing “great challenge
>skills.”

I should have written "good challenge skills".

>And Laurel establishing herself as a
>challenge threat via a former
>intercollegiate athlete is anything but
>“quiet.” Quite the contrary, she
>made some obvious “noise” with
>her MVP performance in the
>RC. If Laurel does advance
>to the endgame it will
>NOT be by punching her
>golden ticket as a weak
>inept performing non-threat.

It's in strategy that people are judged as being quiet or not.

>I did state Libby was tough
>to read at the present
>time. I’m not observing this
>“independent thinker;” I see more
>of someone going with the
>flow. Sure that could change,
>but right now I call
>‘em as I see ‘em.

Calling them as you see them is fine but please watch more carefully. Her confessionals in the previous episode showed that she was much more than a cute girl.

>I explained perfectly why I ranked
>Jenna low. You know I
>always put a huge premium
>on the episode recently aired
>when ranking and assessing the
>castaways on any given week.
>What I saw Wednesday evening
>justified my ranking because 1)
>I do not care for
>sappy showmances, and 2) she
>appears to be initiating the
>skank. Only a Spin Doctor
>would twist one’s inability to
>control one’s libido with “great
>game play.”

But that's just it: all that was for NEXT TIME. So you should have judged Jenna on what has already been aired, not future events that may be taken out of context.

>And with the primary focus on
>Ep. 4 for this week’s
>list...Yes, I have Kellyn #2.
>Everyone on Naviti should stand
>in line and give Kellyn
>a big sloppy kiss. Her
>right decision on Ghost Island
>was the primary reason Naviti
>maintained its advantage. And without
>that right decision, we would
>have been deprived of a
>very entertaining TC. Given those
>facts, I have no problem
>ranking her high for THIS
>week.

So, you're actually ranking her high for turning on the headlights when driving at night... She is an arrogant player who just got lucky with the swap.

>Bradley is the reason Bradley is
>seen in a negative light...and
>appropriately so I might add.
>You really think Production tosses
>everyone’s name in a hat
>and randomly picks who will
>be “painted” bad or good???
> LMAO!!! Of course, Production
>will take a trait (negative
>or good) and run with
>it.

That is just it; production will exaggerate everything to tell its story. We have practically not seen anything from Bradley. We only know him through comments made by others and production has chosen to present only the negative comments. If we had heard what Desiree, Chelsea, Sebastian and Kellyn think of him, we might see him as a good leader instead of this whiny, complaining jackass.

>And BTW, he was
>squirming and sweating, but had
>no reason to really freak
>out because the swap put
>him in the majority and
>with the knowledge that four
>votes were going his way,
>the other Naviti members would
>clearly take the “as long
>as it’s not me” approach.

Yes, it would have been better if Michael had said we're putting two votes on Bradley and two votes on someone else...

>Hey, if a female has no
>qualms to willingly expose a
>portion of her plastic lolos
>in public, I would hardly
>call a heterosexual male “sleazy”
>for sneaking a few peeks
>at something she is intentionally
>showcasing? Now is it "comical"
>when he gets caught doing
>it? Absolutely.

If it was only sneaking a peek, I wouldn't have mentioned it but he was practically smacking his lips while taking a good long look and laughing at her predicament at the same time. A little more and he would have said: "I'll keep you safe if you do me in the bushes."

>One or two lucky shots is
>how you evaluate Chris? Who
>is being “short-sighted” now?! His
>physicality is pretty much the
>only reason they were able
>to pull that crate up
>the plank. And there were
>a heck of a lot
>more misses than landings with
>the final ball toss for
>both sides...so not seeing where
>luck was the predominant factor.
>If anything, PERSEVERANCE was what
>served Chris well this episode
>and contributed to an epic
>comeback. It’s that never-say-die attitude
>that contributed to his ranking
>this week. I agree on
>a couple of the negatives
>you cite, which is why
>he’s not in my top
>three; but his “looks” had
>nothing to do with appropriately
>earning MVP honors in the
>IC.

But I put more importance on game play than challenge performance. Chris didn't advance his position one bit so even if he was the challenge MVP he was still the biggest loser on Naviti. Just wait until he doesn't win a challenge.

>"I am impressed with Aruba’s defensive
>mechanism.

>?????????????????

It's simply pshychology: When a person wants something but doesn't get it, he'll say he didn't really want it after all. It's a defensive mechanism to protect and hide his true feelings.

I'm sure you were pulling for Brendan when this cast was announced but since he failed you prefer saying he was a bad casting choice instead of expressing your disappointment.

03-18-18, 05:54 PM (EST)
5. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 4 Ranking"
Come on...let me have some fun with my “new” word without getting insulting. Whatever word we use to define them, she’ll be getting a whole lot of mileage from them. Actually, I believe her lolos may be blinding YOU into think she’s a “smart woman” as opposed to throwing the patented CBS “script” in my face and saying Production is "making" her into a “smart woman.”

I’m not saying Wendell isn’t a “nice guy.” Laurel understandably wants to play the game with Wendell. Donathan is slowly emerging into Laurel’s little puppy dog. With Laurel, Donathan, Dom and Wendell as a solid four, do you really think James and Libby will be SO attached to Chris/Angela they’d be willing to draw rocks for them? LOL, of course not. I honestly don’t think James and Libby really give a hoot which two Naviti members to vote off first.

OK, “good challenge skills” as far as not being “bad.” But Wendell’s performance in challenges during the first four episodes hasn’t been noteworthy one way or the other.

Please don’t tell me to watch more carefully when that is EXACTLY what I’m doing. I DID watch Libby in her confessionals the previous episode and regarded her as more than a cute girl reflecting that in her ranking after Ep. 3. This ranking is after Ep. 4 and given what little she did for this past episode, I placed her accordingly.

Sebastian clearly stated Jenna was initiating the flirt ON WEDNESDAY’S TELECAST. I judged Jenna based on what I heard ON WEDNESDAY’S TELECAST. Now it should be no surprise whatsoever you will give zero credence so what Seb said because you ranked him last, but will make positive assumptions on the one you ranked first.

Yes, Kellyn made the correct choice. But when Production decided to sweeten the pot and tempt her with a personal advantage, it had to be tantalizing to turn off those lights if she felt no risk of any oncoming traffic. I don’t see Kellyn as arrogant, and yes she, and the rest of her Navtiti members, was fortunate after the swap...a fortune they were able to maintain because Kellyn did not succumb to that temptation.

I’m not saying Production will “exaggerate;” you are. It’s more than one player who has Bradley pegged as a whining wuss. Has it ever dawned on you perhaps Desiree, Chelsea, Sebastian, and Kellyn have nothing of substance to say about Bradley and that is why we don’t hear from them??

If we had “old school” TC where no deliberation was allowed, then pitching the notion of the Malolo splitting the votes 2-2 would have been better. But given the unlimited latitude players are allowed to confer at TC now, had Michael said that, it would have opened the door for obnoxious whispering and re-strategizing where the Naviti five would have countered by splitting their votes 3-2.

I’m not going to waste my time replaying the scene, but Bradley did not take “good long looks.” They were a couple quick glances. “Practically smacking his lips...LOL.” I see where you get this Production “exaggeration” from.

AHHHH, winning the IC because of HIS MVP effort when we most likely would have heard HIS parting words instead of Brendan’s, I would regard as “advancing his position.” His perseverance in the IC bought Chris at least three more days. Three more days to maybe find a HII. Three more days for a potential game-changing twist. Three more days to somehow, someway swing the tribe against Dom?
Not saying it will happen, but Chris’s performance in the IC absolutely advanced his position just by the simple fact he is still playing and not packing his bags for a plane ride home.

To be honest I didn’t have the time to really read any Bios on the cast when they were announced this time around. The Premier was really my first solid look at this season’s players. That’s also the reason why I did not initially start up the Ranking List post until just this episode.

After your clarification, you make a solid point what Brendan stated in his parting words could very well be BRENDAN’S defensive mechanism. But that’s not ARUBA’S defensive mechanism. Sure, being a middle-aged athletic castaway, it would have been neat to see him emerge as a player who would own the season. But what I saw during the first four episodes just didn’t WOW me. And yes, I do feel Production has been trending toward mostly a “Golly Gee, I’m just happy for the experience...” as opposed to a hard-nosed competitor who’s in it to win it.

03-18-18, 06:25 PM (EST)
6. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 4 Ranking"
When I say that Stephanie is a smart woman, I'm talking about the character we see on TV. From there, I give her the benefit of the doubt and feel like she must be a smart woman in real life. Either way, I wouldn't reduce her to her lolos but I'll give you some slack; it is a fun topic over which we can Lol lol a lot.

Chelsea, Desiree, Sebastian and Kellyn have been with Bradley for 12 days now, they've each given at least a dozen interviews so I certainly believe they've told the cameras what they think of Bradley. We are just not being shown those interviews so we get a one sided view of Bradley.

Why would you waste your time rewatching? Maybe to get your facts right. I've rewatched the scene and Bradley is standing directly over Stephanie to get the best angle and then he stays there. His expreession and what he told Stephanie spelled sleazy to me. Then again, the cameramen did the same and I'm not above applauding them!

As for Chris, yes, some twist may save him but his horrible social game will always catch up to him so why rank him high?

03-19-18, 07:55 PM (EST)
7. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 4 Ranking"
OK...it's official...

I'M A "SLEAZE!"

kingfish 20222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-18-18, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 4 Ranking"
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-18 AT 09:01 PM (EST)

Sorry for the apparent lack of love on my part, but I just haven't come up with any definite opinions on most of these people. I don't even have a name associated with some of them yet. But, I guess that shouldn't hinder me, right? So, although it's premature for me to have a boot order, or a good game play order, or any of the other ordering lists we've used in the past, I'll just use yours (some trolls might accuse me of laziness, and maybe there is some, maybe, but I think that it's better to wait until some order materializes, otherwise I'd just be making up shit stuff, and away from the BTS threads, I would never do that. Obviously. Scout’s Honor!). So here goes.

1. Michael: His decision to suppress his real age is weird, shows a lack of maturity, but his strategic ploy was really nice to see. His strategy failed, and because it didn't save anyone he couldn't be said to have put James' Ghost totally to rest. Well, maybe partially so because he did use it (ineffectually) and didn’t end up being booted with it in his pocket. At first I thought he was fluff, but now I like Michael's chances.

2. Kellen: She's the one that went to Ghost Island on the last episode, I guess? I liked her thinking on the island, she didn't fall into the black hole of decision making when she actually thought through what would give her the better odds for survival, and didn't let Island life and overthinking push her into dumb thinking. I sorta remember her confessionals, and I have to say that if I’d had to guess beforehand, I wouldn't have given her credit for rational thinking. But now I do, so I like her chances too.

3. Laurel: OMG, which one was she?

4. Chris: Male model. Enough said. Cries when made to be on Ghost island all by his lonesome. Wuss. Also thinks ordering tribe mates around is how one establishes leadership. Should be sweet meat soon.

5. Dom: Best lucky streak in the way of advantages that we've seen in a while. Also baffling is his use of both his fake and real idols, and the reveals to his tribe mates, all of whom he will eventually be competing with. His "foot in mouth" disease, aka "honesty" disease is not to his advantage. Even with his advantages, I don't like his chances. Also, he's a jerk. He can’t be blindsided too soon for me.

6. Stephanie. Admire her frank confessionals, she's a little older so I hope that translates to wiser, and she's still decent looking after however many days she's been on the beach (always a plus in my book). She seems to be athletic, she fought like a tiger in the RC, although admittedly all the women were pretty vicious. Alas, the lack of flashing was disappointing, but life just isn’t fair sometimes. I like her so far, I hate that often these people seem to kick out pretty women early, I think being perceived as weaker along with female jealosy is probably the reason, so I want her to last a while.

7. Donathan. I've come to like him. A humble underdog from the backwoods of Kentucky who is openly gay and apparently not hung up on his gayness, and to whom the world outside of the "Holler" where he growed up is just so strange and wonderful. Hard not to like him. I do hope that along with the bountiful supply of items that they are allowed to bring to the island is a case of SPF 100 sunblock. He kinda white.

8/9. Chelsea/Sebastian: I don't mind lumping them together. Don't really know who Chelsea is. I know which one Sebastian is but have no opinion of him, and I haven't read his Bio. But if I were to guess, he's the token mindless surfer/snowboarder dude this year, provided for our unfunny comic relief. Fluff, IMO.

10. James: Unbelievably inept in water challenges. And with so many challenges involving water skills, he really has no business on the show. Nice guy, owns his mistakes, and probably doesn't have much of a future.

11. Angela: She's the ex-military woman? If so, she's no nonsense, makes decisions, sticks with them, and is loyal. IMO she doesn't have the flexibility to improvise, a weakness that will kill her chances.

12. Libby. I do know who she is, and ordinarily I would put her at the top of any list. After this I will if she survives for another week. A few long shots of her walking down the beach will inform the reader of just exactly why that is. I will burn a candle in a hollow coconut shell as an offering to the Fiji Gods that she be allowed to stay a long time on my TV screen, then come visit and live with me forever.

The candle to the Fiji gods hasn't worked so far, Ali still hasn't shown up, but I am still hopeful that they are listening.

13. Wendell: Not a dominate player, has hitched his wagon to a fading star, will be picked off in the near future. Seems like a nice guy, but with little hope of winning.

14. Desiree: Stripper name. Which one is she? No impression so far.

15. Jenna: Still in her underwear. I approve, although she's going to have to disappear into the surf in order to discretely give those panties a good scrubbing. I say discretely, but if there were to be an underwater cameraman handy, Survivor viewership would go thru the roof. She’ll probably make merge.

16. Bradley: Until the last vote I wouldn't have been able to tell you which one Bradley was and which one was Brenden. Thanks to the last vote, I now know. He’s the one that remains. So, thank you for that, Fiji gods (and could you also give me some help with #12 above? Thanks in advance).

He was annoying, but the good news is that he seems to be high on the list of targets in his tribe.

17: Brenden: He no longer exists, so I don't care.

03-20-18, 07:46 PM (EST)
8. "RE: S36 Ghost Island Ep 4 Ranking"
Thanks for your contribution. And I hear you on the dilemma with opinions in limbo on some of the cast. That’s why this is the first list I posted...after Ep. 4.

Liked your analysis on Wendell “hitching his wagon to a fading star.” Actually, his wagon may be hitched to a rising star...Laurel. And you really didn’t/don’t know who she is??! Wow, I had her as one of the focal points this past episode. I agree the females were tigers during the RC, yet I had Laurel as the Lioness emerging as the MVP. And she wasn't all that shabby back at camp either.

I’m with you on Libby. The “natural” beauty for this season. I guess that means she won’t make the merge. We can only hope. I thank you heartedly for the pics...present AND past.

But I do have a bone to pick with you! How dare to delegate the namesake of my last season’s crush to a...STRIPPER? Dem are fighin’ words!!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •