The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
""Be The Survivor" S36 Ep04: "Believe In Your Intestinal Tract""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

RollDdice 5856 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-14-18, 11:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
""Be The Survivor" S36 Ep04: "Believe In Your Intestinal Tract""

Everybody's doing the Maolo and Naviti shuffle after last week's buff tussle. And the Maolo mumbo jumbo is definitely in full swing as they continue their Challenge dominance.

HII's play a big part as always. Michael is holding and Domenick not only has a fake HII, but a real one and the Willy Wonka of surprises, a Legacy Advantage that was willed to him by Morgan.

But tonight's the night to slather on the sunscreen and grab your Sex Wax because both Challenges send us back to the beach. Cowabunga!

Mark "Tell the teach I'm counting money. Producin', USA." Burnett
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep04: "Be... Aruba 03-15-18 1
   RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep04: "Be... kingfish 03-17-18 3
       RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep04: "Be... Aruba 03-18-18 6
   RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep04: "Be... michel2 03-17-18 4
       RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep04: "Be... Aruba 03-18-18 8
           RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep04: "Be... michel2 03-18-18 11
               RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep04: "Be... Aruba 03-18-18 12
                   RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep04: "Be... michel2 03-18-18 16
                       RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep04: "Be... Aruba 03-19-18 17
                           RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep04: "Be... michel2 03-19-18 20
                               RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep04: "Be... Aruba 03-20-18 21
                                   RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep04: "Be... michel2 03-20-18 23
                                       RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep04: "Be... Aruba 03-21-18 25
                                           RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep04: "Be... michel2 03-21-18 27
 Smash Flat Bug Control, ™ kingfish 03-17-18 2
   Professor Survivor to the Rescue: michel2 03-17-18 5
       RE: Professor Survivor to the Rescu... Aruba 03-18-18 9
           RE: Professor Survivor to the Rescu... michel2 03-18-18 10
               RE: Professor Survivor to the Rescu... Aruba 03-18-18 13
                   RE: Professor Survivor to the Rescu... michel2 03-18-18 15
                       RE: Professor Survivor to the Rescu... Aruba 03-19-18 18
                           RE: Professor Survivor to the Rescu... michel2 03-19-18 19
                               RE: Professor Survivor to the Rescu... Aruba 03-20-18 22
                                   RE: Professor Survivor to the Rescu... michel2 03-20-18 24
                                       RE: Professor Survivor to the Rescu... Aruba 03-21-18 26
   RE: Smash Flat Bug Control, ™ Aruba 03-18-18 7
       RE: Smash Flat Bug Control, ™ kingfish 03-18-18 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Aruba 2778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-15-18, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep04: "Believe In Your Intestinal Tract""
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-18 AT 07:57 PM (EST)

FINDING/CONCLUSION #1 – Bradley says he will make a fantastic lawyer. He also states “leaders never win.” Oh really, Bradley? Do the names Tom Westman, Kim Spradlin, and Mike Holloway ring any bells? Too bad he wasn’t born 30 years earlier and on the defense team for OJ Simpson; we’d have one less guilty man walking the streets today. Whereas the mention of the OJ Simpson trial may not sit well with many, the Commission is not aware of any silly “Rumpelstiltskin” Law being infringed upon here; so, it should be OK.

FINDING/CONCLUSION #2 – Actually more of a “find” for Production as the Commission concludes it may have “found” its way back to what made Survivor better before. The RC and IC being run separately with NO DAMN FRIGGIN’ PUZZLES! Laurel was the MVP in the RC with Chris taking top honors in the IC. Great efforts! The way Survivor oughta be!!

FINDING/CONCLUSION #3 – The Commission has uncovered freshly sliced onions exposed on Ghost Island. This would certainly explain why the last two inhabitants were weeping and crying during their exile. These same onion slices found its way to the beaches where the RC took place. It would also explain why our sweet little blow-up doll was nearly brought to tears over---peanut butter & jelly???

FINDING/CONCLUSION #4 – If the season was “fixed,” Jeff would have stuck a Hershey bar into the mound of peanut butter and “rigged” the RC for a NuMoto win in hopes of Stephanie giving the cast and crew a sneak peak at her plastic boobies.

FINDING/CONCLUSION #5 – The Commission found Michael’s birth certificate. Yes, he’s really 18...pretty remarkable. The poise and demeanor he displayed with the II was decades beyond his years. Only criticism would be when he did the “psych” and initially declare he would be playing the idol on Brendan and himself, he didn’t pick up on a couple “oh sh!t” expressions realizing the votes were going to either Brendan or himself. But even if he did act on the body language/expressions, no way on God’s Green Earth he would have chanced the idol to Brendan and not on himself, So in the end, same result; yet overall pretty impressive for a teenager.

FINDING/CONCLUSION #6 – The Commission has evidence of Sebastian sneaking into the Make-up area on location to use the eyelash extension products. That could explain his elongated, girlish lashes.

FINDING/CONCLUSION #7 – Whereas no report has yet to be made by the Aruba Commission involving Jenna this season, based on the speak preview for the next episode, that could change. The “Skank Patrol” will be out on full alert after determining if Domenick was giving the Legacy Advantage any tongue.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

kingfish 20222 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-18, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep04: "Believe In Your Intestinal Tract""
LAST EDITED ON 03-17-18 AT 03:57 PM (EST)

The Commission rules!

FINDING/CONCLUSION #1: I'm sure Rumpelstiltskin was a fine fellow, who just wanted a sweet someone to defile. Ok, maybe he wasn't so sweet. But I'm not totally unsympathetic.

FINDING/CONCLUSION #2: Dam straight.

FINDING/CONCLUSION #3; Wussies. Being alone for a couple of days should be like a vacation, instead they missed their mommies.

FINDING/CONCLUSION #4: Ah, nostalgia for the good times...

FINDING/CONCLUSION #5: Agree. Still the results demand a D-minus with a pat on the back for effort.

FINDING/CONCLUSION #6: Heck, with the amount of personal items they seemed to have been allowed this season, it's a wonder they don't have personal maids and hairdressers. And some are still going around in their underwear. Not complaining about the panties, bras, and camel toes, but one wonders.

FINDING/CONCLUSION #7: Skank Patrol! Am on the scent. Literally.

Rumor Mills with the latest spoilers guaranteed to be pretty much true (ish).
(This will have to do until the Tribster returns).

03-18-18, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep04: "Believe In Your Intestinal Tract""
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-18 AT 11:27 AM (EST)

#1 - Rumpelstiltskin was a devilish imp who threatened to steal a young lady’s first born unless she was able to guess his name. By desiring a child, perhaps he wanted someone to pedo-file instead? That makes him a very un-fine fellow. Actually, I used the Grim Fairy Tale character to emphasis the silliness of any made-up law some appear so eager to hang their hat on.

#2 - Thankfully another poster who appreciates what makes Survivor a great watch!

#3 - Now’s MY turn to say, “DAM STRAIGHT.”

#4 - Ah, Yes! With the unconfirmed amount of money both Jenna and Heidi made parlaying their skank into a pictorial Playboy layout, Steph could have followed suit and providing for her kid(s) would have become a whole lot easier. We wouldn’t be subjected anymore to the, “Whoa is me...I’m a struggling single mom...WAAAA...WAAAA...WAAA...”

#5 - Tough grade...glad you were not my University Professor when I was earning my Degrees.

#6 - Amen to that! Although Conspiracy Theorists will contest running around wearing about as much material as the handkerchief in my pocket is written in their “scripts.” HaHa!

#7 - If you wish to be on patrol to sniff out a sappy showmance, then it also puts you on the investigative team to evaluate Dom’s make out session with the Legacy Advantage. Better you than me, my friend!

michel2 2629 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-17-18, 06:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep04: "Believe In Your Intestinal Tract""
LAST EDITED ON 03-17-18 AT 06:53 PM (EST)

Since it seems I have to be a character to write in this thread let me be "Bored Viewer".

As a bored viewer, I will say this about your findings:

#1: Bradley should have quoted from Nash Theory instead:

- In a season with many leaders, a follower is likely going to win.
- In a season with many followers, a leader is likely going to win.

Of course, a leader's job is greatly helped in seasons with no swaps and a horribly weak opposition.

And who exactly did Mike lead besides himself? Unless you mean leading everyone against him? LOL!!!

#2: Did you even realize that this format plus Ghost Island deprived us of any scenes from Malolo before the IC? Since we had been shown Stephanie crying in the "Previously on Survivor" segment, the challenge's outcome had already been spoiled: We HAD to be going to Malolo to see Stephanie. At least with a combined IC/RC, we spend less time listening to "Pretty Boy Probst" and more time in camp where the real game is being played.

Curious note here: In Québec French, a word used for Boobies is "Lolos" so Stephanie is in the right tribe.

#3: Many viewers equate Survivor with soap operas so SeeBS is giving its audience what it wants and the players know that they have to show emotions to hope for a return invitation. I don't understand the tears but I know we won't get rid of them anytime soon.

#4: Production doesn't waste their fixes for things that have to be blurred anyway. America is so puritan that showing a breast is scandelous. Europe is much more enlightened, giving us memorable TV shows of naked strangers looking for love in the jungle.

#5: Was the commission rushed to write its report? Or was it not paying attention once again. How else do you explain this mistake: "But even if (MIchael) did act on the body language/expressions, no way on God’s Green Earth he would have chanced the idol to Brendan and not on himself...

Errr. Michael ACTUALLY DID play his idol for someone else, namely Stephanie. I'd suggest you watch the show more carefully but maybe you're just as bored as I am.

#6: I'm much more bored by his stupid interviews than his look.

#7: Besides the votes, flirting is one of the rare interesting moments this show has to offer. If Jenna's flirt with Sebastian (why him, Jenna??) creates a rift between him and Bradley, we may have something to watch.

03-18-18, 11:23 AM (EST)
8. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep04: "Believe In Your Intestinal Tract""
#1 - Since Nash’s name is associated with a “Theory,” it’s no surprise you would jump all over that like the NuNaviti tribe jumped all over those PB&J sandwiches.

Koror was stockpiled with wannabe leaders, i.e. Ian, Caryn, Coby, Gregg, etc. Yet at the end of the day, the cream rose to the top. It was not until the FOLLOWING season did the swap occur much earlier than formatted. Had the swap occurred at the formatted point in the season as set by precedent, not many Ulong members would have been left to swap with...a direct result of Tom/Koror’s dominance.

The 1992 US Olympic Men’s BB nicknamed the “Dream Team” demolished ALL of its six opponents by an AVERAGE margin of over 50 points! It was not because of “weak competition;” it was due to its sheer dominance. Hence the case with Westman and Koror.

Mike led the Blue Collar tribe prior to the merge. Even at the merge, having everyone (except Shininey) agree to easily the most ridiculous and dumbest merge name in the history of Survivor spoke to how everyone else followed his lead. It wasn’t until the F7/F6 did the remaining castaways go poo-poo in their pants and feared his ability to dominant the endgame sending the Anti-Darwin Syndrome plan into motion.

#2 - Some player wailing over their personal story has no direct correlation to the outcome of a future challenge. If that was the case, then Adan Klein’s tribes would have been to TC more times than Ulong with all the crying he did on Mil vs. GenX .

BTW; thank you for the French lesson...”Lolos.” The Commission is digging it (them.)

#3 - If you believe embellishment = return invitation, then you are living in your own “soap opera.” Allow the Commission to explain the tears you don’t seem to understand—it’s a simple case of a player who is melodramatic by nature just being...well...melodramatic. You are...who you are...who you are...

#4 - The Commission determines your observation of America as a puritan nation compared to a more liberal and enlightening Europe has merit.

#5 - Here’s a better suggestion (that’s been made hundreds of times already: ) Read the exact words of the Commission’s findings/observations more carefully instead of spinning your own erroneous interpretations and falsely accusing everyone else of “not paying attention.”

Malolo had every reason to believe going into TC, the Naviti plan was to target Stephanie thinking along the same lines as why Morgan was targeted at the prior TC. Stating the HII would be used to save Brendan and himself was to lull Naviti into the security they made the “correct” decision to target Steph and to initially announce it to Jeff would further put the fear into Bradley’s self-absorbed mind. The Commission’s criticism was not reading the expressions/body language to realize upon making that statement, the votes were probably going to Brendan OR himself instead. The Commission concluded even if he made that read, Michael would need to make a split decision to switch the idol to either Brendan OR himself...and no way would he chance it to Brendan when he would’ve thought votes could be going his way instead.

You belly-ached about the length of the posts last week, yet it’s unavoidable when forced to have to spell everything out for you.

#6 - You want boredom? How about MTV Real World on a tropical island. That’s exactly what would happen if not for the number of challenges we’re treated to, the HIIs found by the castaways who search the hardest and/or the best (Colton in One World obviously not included,) and the twists (as silly as some may be) to add the unexpected into the mix.

#7 - Flirting is a RARE interesting moment on a Reality Show??? Once again, not sure what “soap opera” you’re living?

03-18-18, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep04: "Believe In Your Intestinal Tract""
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-18 AT 02:11 PM (EST)

#1: It's funny that you make an Olympic Basketball analogy in regards to Koror. International basketball was so weak at that time that the US had dominated the podium even by sending NCAA players. The Soviet Union had finally caught up to the teenagers and won in 1988 but, by 1992, the USSR didn't exist anymore so its team was in dissarray. The Dream Team was on a coronation tour, not in a real competition.

Likewise, because Ulong simply imploded, Koror had it easy.

If you truly look at Worlds Apart, Mike didn't have the charisma of a leader. In fact, he only had Dan on his side. Likewise Rodney wasn't liked by many so the true leader, or if you prefer, the person who held the tribe together, was Kelly. Rodney and Mike didn't agree on much but they both decided to throw a challenge to save her. (Do you remember that your Mike threw a challenge?) At the merger, Kelly sided clearly with Rodney so it wasn't at F7/F6 that Mike lost his position, he never really held it.

If you want to read on Nash and how his economic theory applied to Survivor, you may want to read this old post. It was the post that truly got me into Survivor:

http://www.tapatalk.com/groups/survivorsucks/john-nash-s-survivor-t10010.html

#2: You missed the point: The scene hadn't been shown, so for us to see it we had to go to Malolo. However, we had already reached the IC so the only way we were going back to Malolo was if they lost the challenge. Ergo Malolo had to lose. Not a conspiracy theory, just good memory and observation.

With Desiree also in Malolo, the tribe is really aptly named! But I agree with your parentheses, it would need a small correction. "ma" is singular so, for the plural, we would need to write Meslolos.

#3: Of course most are who they are; casting selects those with sob stories to exploit them on air. Then they reinvite those who deliver, Zeke for example. He was a terrible player but had a great story for SeeBS to sell. Colton was another typical case.

#4: Thank you.

#5: Faulty logic needs a lot of spin to make sense. It's simple: If Michael was ready to play it for Stephanie, he could have played it for Brendon.

#6: Survivor fascinated me in the early years when there were no idols and when the challenges didn't take up half the episode. Bring back those days and I'd be thrilled.

#7: Everything we hear these days is about strategy. Personal stories are only told in private because they are scared that they will be voted out if they share it with others.

Therefore, personal interactions have become RARE and a couple flirting is often fun to watch... even when it's Tai and Caleb! Go all the way back to season 1 when the show was ALL about personal interactions, one of the best story lines was Colleen and Gregg flirting with each other.

03-18-18, 04:02 PM (EST)
12. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep04: "Believe In Your Intestinal Tract""
#1 - My point is Tom was not the ONLY wannabe leader among a tribe of eight followers. As I’ve stated countless times before, nothing was further from the truth. Once again, the cream rose to the top.
As also stated many times before, Ulong was psychologically and mentally worn down by the beating Westman and Koror administered on a regular basis. That dominance was the main reason they “imploded,” hence Koror/Tom earned the “easy” road they paved for themselves.

Well of course Mike did not possess the charisma of a Tom Westman. No one has; which is why there’ll never be another like him. I can’t remember who was quoted, but on the Blue tribe early in the season it was stated that Mike was “the glue holding the tribe together.” No spin needed to regard THAT appropriate quote as leadership quality.

#2 - I’ll address this one separately when I respond to your #10 post on this thread.

#3 - A reinvite is directly related to a castaway's Survivor gameplay. Now it does not always have to be “great” gameplay. It could be villainous gameplay or polarizing gameplay. Obnoxious FORCED embellishment does not fall into that criteria.

#4 - You’re welcome.

#5 - Talk about Nostradamus taking Monday Morning Quarterbacking to the next level!

#6 - Even the early years of Survivor had Reward and Immunity Challenges. What was fascinating was living up to its name and allowing starvation, dehydration, and adverse exposure to factor into the equation.

#7 - Showmances are NOT “rare” on Reality Shows, and borderline voyeuring is nauseating; not what I personally regard as fun TV. But to each their own...

03-18-18, 07:15 PM (EST)
16. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep04: "Believe In Your Intestinal Tract""
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-18 AT 07:19 PM (EST)

#1: Maybe Greg and Ian wanted to be leaders but Koror was a typical N-Tribe, the ideal tribe, everyone following Tom's lead. Ulong, by their own admission, was an Leaderless tribe, the worse type of tribe possible. I like Tom a lot but his road wasn't the hardest we've ever seen.

Please tell me who said that Mike was the glue holding the Blue Collars together? From the start, when he ate the scorpion, they didn't take him seriously and when he started working non-stop, he irritated everyone. They were even talking of booting him before settling on the useless Lindsey.

#3: When did you become part of the casting department? You have no idea what criteria they use. I truly believe that many castaways were reinvited simply for showing their emotions. Season 1 Jenna and Amber in the first All-Stars are typical examples.

#5: Michael did play his idol for Stephanie so it was used as an alliance idol. Enough said.

#6: Back then, the challenge were always very short. Now they take up half the show.

#7: There were none really last season (JP and Ashley never really materialized) none in Game Changers, 1 in Millenials, None in Kaoh Rong (unless you count Tai and Caleb!) none in Cambodia, none in Worlds Apart... Should I go on? Having 1 in the last 5 seasons makes it fairly rare.

03-19-18, 07:47 PM (EST)
17. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep04: "Believe In Your Intestinal Tract""
"Maybe" Ian and Gregg wanted to be leaders? You're too funny--Darn Tootin' they did. So did Caryn and Coby. The cream rose. Ulong was beaten into submission by Tom/Koror. The dominance broke them down psychologically, paving the road for the physical taking. THAT'S why you perceive the "road" not being the hardest.

Did you read my post??? I said I can't remember for sure who on the Blue tribe stated Mike was the "glue holding them together." But I'm absolutely, positively sure it was said about Leader Mike. Drawing from memory I think it may have been Dan, but I am hesitant to say because if it wasn't Dan, I'll told my Survivor knowledge is lacking and I don't pay attention.

I met part of the casting department a few years ago when CBS conducted an open casting call only 10 minutes from where I used to work. I attended and one of the first things said to all the applicants is DO NOT put on a acting clinic. BE YOURSELVES!!!
They went on to say, "We've been doing this for years and if we suspect anyone not being themselves and trying to say or do what you think we may like to get selected, we'll know RIGHT AWAY...you're wasting your time...go home!"
So please don't tell me I "have no idea what criteria they use."
Translation: EMBELLISHERS NEED NOT APPLY!!!

You're simply not understanding what I'm saying about Michael during TC, so I'm not going to waste any more time on that since you're obviously all wound up in your own stream of consciousness.

You're right...challenges were shorter. You didn't have as much DAMN FRIGGIN' PUZZLES.

It is true JP ad Ashley's initial showmance last season got nipped in the bud due to the tribe swap, but I would Jessica and Cole as a sappy showmance. Cambodia? Game-Changers?? How can I respond on games I never viewed when I only watch real seasons? And I stated CBS Reality Shows. I'm not saying they occur all the time, but despite how you wish to apply your spin, they occur more than "rarely." Enough said.

03-19-18, 09:57 PM (EST)
20. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep04: "Believe In Your Intestinal Tract""
LAST EDITED ON 03-20-18 AT 08:39 AM (EST)

If you remember, right after the first IC, Jiffy asked Koror if they wanted to stay on the beach where they had built thier shelter or move to a new island. Tom said he wanted to go to the new island and everyone agreed even if it was the wrong decision. It takes time for the cream to rise to the top, certainly more than 3 days. So it was evident that they all let Tom take the leadership role. He did a great job with it but he was their designated leader.

Of course, casting will say to "Be Yourself" but when it comes down to it, they choose A-Type personalities, outgoing extroverts, not quiet shy people. And once on the island, when production says it's time to applaud and to oooh! and aaaah!, they applaud, they oooh! and aaaah!.

Where did you get the idea that I was a fan of puzzles? The only good thing about them is that they are gender neutral but reading a compass should also be.

First, thank you: I didn't pay enough attention and had forgotten about Jessica and Cole but that was such a sorry dead-end of a showmance that I didn't enjoy it at all. So, to clarify: Personal interactions have taken a back seat to all the strategy talk and the idol searches. The fun part for me are those personal interactions so I feel there aren't enough of them including flirting and that's mostly because pairs become automatic targets.

03-20-18, 07:15 PM (EST)
21. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep04: "Believe In Your Intestinal Tract""
I will still content Tom earned the leadership role as opposed to having it just given to him.
You do make an accurate point with your statement "it takes time for the cream to rise to the top." So lets end the Koror debate on that agreeable note.

And I also agree Production would rather cast outgoing extroverts. That's all fine and well...I'm just saying they will pick out the REAL A-Type extroverts as opposed to the ones who TRY to act that way and really aren't. As for the second part...you just keep believing CBS hands all its players "scripts." LOL

Yes, puzzles are gender neutral...but having the aptitude to excel at puzzles is an innate gift. I like where you're going with "compass reading" though. Incorporate some REAL TRUE survivor disciplines.

I like personal interactions as well. Tom/Ian (Father/Son) interaction was nice to watch. On a side note, I was thinking Brendan/Michael could have evolved into another Father/Son interaction. Paschal/Neleh; Roger/Elisabeth; JT/Stephen; are others that come to mind. And I agree, it would be nice to have more of THOSE personal interactions.

Then you have the "horny toad" element. Personally I find those more nauseating than "fun." That being said, I do differentiate "dead-end" aka "sappy" showmances from those more genuine in nature. Now if you want to say the "genuine" ones are rare, I won't debate you on that point. But Showmances in general are not.

03-20-18, 08:53 PM (EST)
23. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep04: "Believe In Your Intestinal Tract""
I'm all for ending our Palau debate. What if I said that, from my point of view, Tom was given the role of leader and then proved to the tribe that he deserved it.

Have you ever gone to a recording of a TV show? There is always someone in charge of telling the audience when to clap, when to make noise. Heck, they even have a guy doing that on stadium jumbotrons during sporting events which really makes me sick. I'm sure there is one also in charge of that on the island. His job, tell the contestants: "When Jeff says "Want to know what you're playing for?" Make sure you jump and holler in anticipation."

I'd liked to see every challenge related to Survival or to the local culture in some way. The Amazing Race is still doing most of their challenges in connection to the location that is being visited.

I see we're also practically in agreement in regards to personal interactions. I'd just point out that Rob and Amber started as a sappy showmance but it turned out to be as real as any relationship there is.

03-21-18, 12:43 PM (EST)
25. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep04: "Believe In Your Intestinal Tract""
>What if I
>said that, from my point
>of view, Tom was given
>the role of leader and
>then proved to the tribe
>that he deserved it.

I would say that's YOUR point of view...not mine. It wasn't "given" to Tom...he EARNED it. He earned it through his proactive play; he earned it by providing for his tribe; he earned it by leading his tribe to several challenge victories early on in the season.

I'm TOTALLY in your corner with the obnoxious behavior at sporting events. Grown adults painting their faces is the ALL-TIME example of LOOOOSER!! But not everyone does it; although through my personal experience and observation, an overwhelming majority of the time it is "alcohol" that is really reacting in that manner at sporting events.

Likewise, not everyone on Survivor goes over-the-top and acts like total jackasses, regardless of your "script" theory. Westman never did, nor did Heidik, or Boatwright, or Bob Crowley, or Boston Rob, or even one of your favs Cirie. And that doesn't even scratch the surface. Hell, Rob and Cirie got called back something like four or five times each? I lost count.

I never regarded Rob and Amb"a" as a "sappy" showmance. I viewed that as a personal interaction all the way. I feel the same way about Jeff and Jordan from BB. The one exception that comes to mind of sappy turning "real" is Brandon and Rachel. For the sake of their newborn daughter, I hope it stays "real," but I seriously still have my doubts.

03-21-18, 04:35 PM (EST)
27. "RE: "Be The Survivor" S36 Ep04: "Believe In Your Intestinal Tract""
you like to be contradictory! You agreed that it take stime for the cream to rise to the top and I gave you an example that showed Tom was Koror's designated leader right from the start so yes, he wound up earning it but they did let him take over at first.

Of course some get invited for great game play but many get reinvited for the drama. Little Hantz, Philip, Colton, etc...

03-17-18, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Smash Flat Bug Control, ™"
Hello, welcome to this week’s edition of Super Spoilers on KISLE, brought to you by me, Rumor Mills, and the Smash Flat Bug Control, ™ people;

♪If a bug has become your private troll,
call Smash Flat Bug Control. ♫

Yeah, I had to get help this week, and the Smash Flat Bug Control, ™ people agreed to help in exchange for a plug on this show. The problem is bugs. Or more precisely, one certain troll bug that refuses to go away. You all know the type, you swat them with a dictionary and they just jump up and scurry away into the sewer where they live, where they go to plot more attacks on sanity and logic with their voracious appetite for evil and vitriol. So, I enlisted the help of professionals. Let’s hope they are up to the task. Although this particular troll bug has mush for brains, he also has a steel skull which allows him to withstand even the most reasonably presented corrections and intelligently planned presentations of obvious truth, and fail to dissuade them from their mule headed and odious attacks.

However, even with the vicious and insane troll bug attacks, I managed to gather some amazingly accurate spoilers with the help of the finest reporting cadre of sleuthy spy girls the spoiler world has ever seen.

Squashed Bug Spoiler #1: Michael gets a pat on the back for an imaginative use of his Ghost Spoiler, although he also gets a D-minus in results. His plan was ultimately a fiasco, but the thinking behind it and the execution of it at TC was pretty impressive. This plan, along with Lauren and Ben’s Spy-gate plan from last season shows that there are still imaginative people and that occasionally casting can strike gold. Putting the fear of the Fiji gods (metaphorically) into Bradley keeps this from resulting in an F for him, but giving James’ HI to Stephanie who didn’t receive any votes added the minus to his D.

Squashed Bug Spoiler #2: Speaking of imagination, the IC this week was another unique challenge. We gave credit last week to the puzzle they came up with as being different and well designed, and this week the IC was another fine example and a particularly hard challenge. It seemed to be designed to keep both tribes in the game even when one went out to a substantial lead. To this commentator, it’s very boring when whichever team gets an initial lead is all but guaranteed to win. There should be tension throughout the challenge, and in this one there was.

Squashed Bug Spoiler #3: Domenick received the Legacy advantage from Morgan who was booted last week. It allows immunity for the bearer at TC when 6 or when 3 players are left. Which would be very useful, especially at 3, but unless he keeps it under wraps it can work to his disadvantage. Trying to use it as leverage for lasting to either 6 or 3 seems to be one of those things that will work to target the holder, but keeping it secret means that it’s dead weight until then. Domenick also has a real HI, and a fake HI. It will be easy for him to over play his hand, so I predict that he will become a Ghost of Regret in a future season. We will see.

Squashed Bug Spoiler #4: Big Spoiler – There wasn’t a buff drop, tribe mix, or any other twist. Just an ordinary episode with a RC, an IC, a Ghost Island visitor, and a TC with one bootee. Kinda boring, but in a way, refreshing.

Squashed Bug Spoiler #5: They should rename the that RC “The Shredder”, or “Blood in the Water”. Those wrestling matches in the water, considering that most of the women probably entered the game with something in the way of fingernail growth, plus the added growth after a few weeks without any manicure tools, they and even the even the men probably have decent talons. There had to have been blood in the water after that challenge and was probably as close as we ever have had to having our Shark chumming fantasy challenge come true.

Squashed Bug Spoiler #6: It’s fascinating how Wendell still thought that he was one of the “we” who possessed Michael’s HI. Especially when Michael ended up giving it to Stephanie who didn’t receive any votes. I think that James’ Ghost wasn’t exorcised. That HI still hasn’t been used to save anyone.

Rumor Mills with the latest spoilers guaranteed to be pretty much true (ish).
(This will have to do until the Tribster returns).

03-17-18, 07:22 PM (EST)
5. "Professor Survivor to the Rescue:"
I will concede that your English is much better than mine but your Survivor knowledge is seriously lacking. That is where you need professional help and, luckily for you, I'm available!

#1: Still in love with Lauren I see! In a post where you judge the value of a plan on its results instead of its execution, she should also be given a big fat D minus for her last TC performance.

#2: I thought that was a typical, boring challenge especially considering we all knew Naviti was going to win it.

#3: Are you also not paying attention? The Legacy advantage can be used at 13 and 6, not 6 and 3. Having it being in play at 13 pretty much spoils the timing of the merger.

#4: Refreshing? You must be a fan of "Pretty Boy Probst" because we saw more of him than we did of camp life especially in Malolo.

#5: OK, but since when is fingernail growth a spoiler? I mean, I've heard of weight loss spoilers, beard growth spoilers but never fingernail length.

#6: Another example that you are not paying attention: Wendell wasn't even aware that Michael had an idol. Brendan was the one who thought the idol belonged to the alliance and he was right: Michael did play it for his alliance, just not on the right person. If you had been paying attention, Brendan nodded in agreement when Michael said he expected that Stpehanie was getting the votes. I'm sure Michael would hav eplayed it for Brendon if he had read the situation correctly.

03-18-18, 11:25 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Professor Survivor to the Rescue:"
>#2: I thought that was
>a typical, boring challenge especially
>considering we all knew Naviti
>was going to win it.

IIIIIIIIII BURIEEEEEEEEED PAAAAAAAAAUL !!!!!!!!!

03-18-18, 12:41 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Professor Survivor to the Rescue:"
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-18 AT 12:42 PM (EST)

Did you watch the previous week's "Next time on Survivor"?

In it we saw Stephanie crying and writing "Hope" in the sand. When the Immunity challenge started, we hadn't been shown that scene yet so, since we NEVER go back to the winning tribe after the IC but ALWAYS go to the losing tribe to hear their voting decision, then we HAD to be going back to Malolo to see Stephanie crying. Hence, Survivor itself spoiled the challenge winners.

03-18-18, 04:07 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Professor Survivor to the Rescue:"
Yes, I did see the previous week’s “Next time on Survivor.”

And honestly, I am not saying this to be contrary or argumentative, but this was exactly what I thought when I saw it:

I thought we were getting setup for another early season meltdown where the other tribemates would rally behind their fallen comrade and provide the much-needed encouragement to not quit, get over the hump, and forge forward with the game.

Aubry from Kaoh Rong immediately came to mind. Very early in the season Aubry suffered an anxiety attack only to be given new life with the encouragement of her tribe. When she became better acclimated with the conditions, she not only got over the hump, she emerged into a stone-cold killer and was this poster’s choice to win among the three Finalists.

That truly was what I thought we were getting set up for after initially watching that preview. Any connection to future challenges or presupposed spoilers never ever entered my mind.

03-18-18, 07:01 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Professor Survivor to the Rescue:"
But we had to see that scene, right? When the episode had reached the Immunity Challenge and we STILL hadn't seen it then the result of the challenge was spoiled: Malolo had to lose for us to see Stephanie's crying scene.

03-19-18, 07:52 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Professor Survivor to the Rescue:"
I told you I SAW the scene. I acknowledged Stephanie was crying. And I told you how I assessed what I saw and the thought of any future challenge NEVER entered my mind. I even went into detail EXACTLY what I thought when I saw her having a meltdown in that preview.

Not everyone has "spoiler" on their minds. Obviously I'm one of those who don't.

03-19-18, 08:20 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Professor Survivor to the Rescue:"
OK, so you didn't realize the implication but it was there. I'm sure not many viewers realized it either but everyone who had seen the Next Time on Survivor and realized Stephanie's scene hadn't been shown yet could have connected the dots and said that Malolo was going to lose.

03-20-18, 07:20 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Professor Survivor to the Rescue:"
AHHHH, OK...I don't "realize" spoilers because I'm not fixated on that element. And viewers/fans not fixated with that, won't spend much time messing around with "dots." Clearly we're going to agree to disagree on that scene.

To each their own...

03-20-18, 09:07 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Professor Survivor to the Rescue:"
I don't get your point. I'm saying that viewers COULD predict the result of the challenge because of the missing Stephanie scene. I'm sure many didn't think of making that prediction but all the information was there for us to know.

It's like with all their pre-season promos: They show the contestants in many challenges that are obviously not all from the premiere episode. So, before episode one's TC, we know who is safe because we saw them in challenges that haven't been shown, and who is at risk because they weren't shown in future scenes. Or when they release images of the contestants walking over to TC and we can clearly see which one is wearing the immunity necklaca. Survivor often spoils itself.

03-21-18, 12:55 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Professor Survivor to the Rescue:"
Sweet Mother of Mercy!!!!

Absolutely NOOOOOOOOOOO WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY the AVERAGE viewer is going to catch all that crap in real speed watching promos in a normal fashion. You would really need to spend your time to replay, slo-mo, freeze frame, etc. Or as I stated in my prior post...being fixated with this spoiler obsession.

Kinda like playing Beatle albums backwards and discovering the cryptic messages "confirming" Paul is REALLY dead. If anyone has that much extra time on their hands, God bless them! Whatever floats your boat...this poster simply decides not to "float" that way.

03-18-18, 10:49 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Smash Flat Bug Control, ™"
#1 - Unless this teenager was privy to a crystal ball, tea leaves, and a deck of tarot cards...no way he would know for CERTAIN Brendan would be getting the votes. I’m thinking back to when I was 18 and no way would I come close to the poise and presence he has displayed thus far in the game.

#2 - Spot on commentary of a most entertaining challenge. Epic comebacks are fun to watch.

#3 - OK, so maybe you’re not good with numbers, i.e. 6 or 3 s/b 13 or 6; but as evident in your Spoiler #2, don’t let anyone tell you, “you’re not paying attention.”

#4 - HMMMM, I would classify the decision Kellyn needed to make as a “twist.” Granted, not an earth-shattering, chin-hits-the-floor twist, but certainly something above and beyond an “ordinary episode.” And her decision did, in fact, prove to impact the upcoming TC.

#5 - No manicure tools? You think?? Apparently, Sebastian has use of tools to lengthen his girlish lashes.

#6 - I’m thinking you meant to say Dom’s HII when referencing Wendell’s “we” statement. Yes, the sense of sheer entitlement these castaways exhibit makes me want to upchuck to provide the needed chum for that “Shark Fantasy Challenge.”

03-18-18, 05:59 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Smash Flat Bug Control, ™"
Thanks for the feedback, I did indeed misread the legacy clue.

But as to the twist (#4), I was referring to twists that are a part of the show. Those manufactured by the producers/writers. I believe the decisions (and I agree that Kellyn's decision was well made) that players make are hardly twists as I usually think of them. Wise play, or bone headed mistakes, maybe.

#6. Yes, I was. Or should have been.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •